- "Please read", "Untitled", etc. are not acceptable titles or summaries.
- All stories must be rated correctly and have the appropriate warnings. Adult rated stories are expected to have appropriate warnings. After all, they wouldn't have that rating if there wasn't something to be warned about! The site administrators recognize that there is an audience for these stories, but please respect those who do not wish to read them by labeling them appropriately. Please note: Stories containing adults having sex with minors are strictly forbidden. If you need help rating your story, please check the appropriate section of the FAQ.
- Titles and summaries must be kid friendly, even if the story isn't. No exceptions.
- Stories must be submitted to the proper category. If there is an appropriate sub-category, DO NOT add your story to the main category. The submission form allows you to choose multiple categories for your story, and we worked very hard to add that functionality for you. So please
do NOT add your story multiple times! If you need help categorizing your story, please check the appropriate section of the FAQ.
- Correct grammar and spelling are expected of all stories submitted to this site. The site administrators are not grammar Nazis. However, the site administrators reserve the right to request corrections in submissions with a multitude of grammar and/or spelling errors. If such a request is ignored, the story will be deleted. Please ensure that you have proofread and preferably had your stories beta read.
- The above also means that Incomplete chapters/stories, WIP, drafts, and otherwise incomplete or unedited work should not be submitted to the archive . We have been lenient about this in the recent past, but problems about what is and in not suitable for posting have caused us to have to reinforce the rules. We understand that you may miss an error, or have something occurs where you must go back and edit your story. That is part of the functionality of this archive. Posting a paragraph a day or continuously updating a single chapter is not. In general, stories should be posted only when complete, or as individual chapters/stories that can stand alone. We strong advise against WIP or TBC stories
- 5. All stories submitted to the archive must be your own work. Plagiarism will not be tolerated. This means that you may not post stories by other authors or post stories that quote substantial parts of works by others without significant original content. Any quoting of works by others must be kept to a minimum and appropriately cited (this includes transcripts of episodes and song lyrics. If the story is based on an idea by someone else, for example a movie or novel homage, this fact must be acknowledged in the author's notes and, again, the story should be original, not the characters saying or paraphrasing the words written by someone else. If you don't cite what you haven't written, you're at risk of committing plagiarism.
- Stories with multiple chapters should be archived as such and NEVER as separate stories. Upload the first chapter of your story, then go to Manage Stories in your account to add additional chapters. If you have trouble with this, please contact the site administrator or ask a friend to help you.
- Spoiler warnings are recommended, but not required on all stories. Spoilers are strongly recommended for the current season. An appropriate spoiler warning to place in your summary would be: Spoilers for Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. DO NOT do anything like this: Spoilers for the one where Spock dies.
- Actor/actress stories (RPF/RPS) are not permitted...not even if they're visiting an alternate reality.
- Authors' notes should not be posted as a separate chapter. There are fields on the submission form for author's notes for the whole story and for the individual chapter. If you don't want to have story notes, then leave these fields blanks. Please do not repeat the same story notes in each chapter, as this increases the load on the database. Author's notes should not be used to thank people for leaving reviews, nor to request reviews. You can respond to reviews individually via your account (Reviews Received).
- The archive is set up to allow both anonymous and signed reviews. We encourage constructive criticism, but flaming other authors will not be tolerated and may result in you losing your account. 'I think that this could be done better...' is constructive criticism. 'You suck...' is a flame. 'I think your story sucks...' is not a flame, as it is talking about the story not the author, but it is still rude and not constructive, and we're no more fans of rudeness than we are of flaming. Also, reporting a story for violation of these rules is not considered to be flaming, but should be done by clicking on the appropriate link to be handled by the moderator. Do not start an argument in the comments of the story. Be polite.
Submissions found to be in violation of these rules may be removed and the author's account suspended at the discretion of the site administrators and/or moderators. If you have any questions about any of these points, please do not hesitate to contact one of the archivists. The final decision on whether a story is suitable for the archive will always be the archivists'. The site administrators reserve the right to modify these rules as needed.
By posting your story to this archive, you acknowledge your acceptance of these policies.