Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

E-Mail part 1; In the beginning

by Jenny L
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
E-Mail part 1; In the beginning

E-Mail part 1; In the beginning

by Jenny L

Summary: A cross section of the e-mails of the SGC staff
Category: Humor, Romance, Series
Season: Season 6
Pairing: other pairing
Rating: FAM
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2004-12-28

SPOILERS: Up to season 6 because Jonas is in it.

If you want this with the proper formatting (it's no different it just looks a little better and reads a little easier) then;

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Jennyssamandjackff/

or e-mail me and I'll send you it as a zip file for word.

AUTHORS NOTES: Firstly much thanks to Audrey not just for betaing but also for encouraging me to finish this, giving me the confidence to post it, sending me postcards and old stargate magazines. (P.S The dates are done British style, ie day/month/year rather than American style, ie month/day/year because I got half way through before someone pointed this out.)

CHAPTER 1:

FROM: Colonel Jonathon O'Neill coljoneill@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov, Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov, Teal'c mr_t@sgc.gov, Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov SENT: 0700 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Meeting

Hi guys, Meeting at 0900, briefing room. General H will be present so look smart. Gotta go my jailer is getting out the really big needles, Carter can you talk to her?

In pain, Jack O'Neill.

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 0708 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Needles

The Colonel must be really bored. He's been sending us e-mails, guess he finally got someone to show him how to use his laptop. What are you doing with him anyway, I thought he got released from the infirmary yesterday? We should meet up for coffee today, 1000 hrs? My meeting should be over by then.

Sam

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Colonel Jonathon O'Neill coljoneill@sgc.gov SENT: 0715 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Meeting

Jack, is this meeting important, we don't have a mission do we? It's just I'm halfway through the translation of some ancient texts that SG2 found on PR3-46J. The people went through their whole development without the concept of ownership. They never developed money. It's a shame they died from the plague it would have been truly fascinating to meet them. Anyway I was wondering if you could get me out of the meeting, I'm sure Jonas will cover for me.

Daniel

P.S. Who let you choose Teal'c's e-mail address? You know he hasn't got a computer.

FROM: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0731 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Meeting

Do you know what this meeting is about, are we in trouble? General Hammond didn't say anything yesterday. Becky said YES!!!! Thank you Sam, I couldn't have done it without your help and thank Janet for me for finding out that Becky liked Hershey bars. We have a date next week.

Jonas

P.S. What is supposed to happen on an Earth date?

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0801 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Coffee and Yo yo's

Sorry I took so long to get back to you, I was just finishing up with Colonel O'Neill. I swear I am going to start stocking lollipops, he's such a kid. You know he managed to persuade one of the nurses to smuggle him in his yo yo, every time he has it in here, I have to get a whole new set of furniture. Maybe we could suggest yo yo's to General Hammond. If Colonel O'Neill can manage to short all the electricity in the infirmary by hitting the terminal box with one, think what it would do to a mothership. I'll be in the infirmary all morning so you can come by as soon as the meeting is done and we can talk.

Janet

P.S. Please don't be mad at me. P.P.S. Do you know why Lieutenant Rush is singing spaceman?

FROM: Colonel Jonathon O'Neill coljoneill@sgc.gov TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov SENT: 0811 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Re: Meeting

Sorry space monkey, all of SG1 need to go to this meeting. But your civilisation sounds sooo fascinating. (Yawn!) I'll stop by on my way down and make sure you don't get carried away, if you are really good I'll bring coffee, but could you snag me a cushion? Janet decided I needed some injections and this time they weren't in my arm. I think it was just revenge, honestly the yo yo only tapped the fuse box. I didn't know it would explode!

Jack

P.S. Teal'c's E-mail address is cool. I suggested it as apparently you can't have apostrophe's in e-mail addresses and T@sgc.gov was just lame.

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Colonel Jonathon O'Neill coljoneill@sgc.gov SENT: 0814 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Coffee

Coffee would be good. And I don't think that repeatedly firing your yo yo at the box making as much noise as possible trying to get discharged early counts as an accident. Maybe you should send Janet some chocolate?

Daniel

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov SENT: 0818 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Earth Dating

Jonas, why don't tell me what you do on a first date on Kelnowna and we can work from there? Don't try too hard, and don't worry about the meeting; as far as I know we aren't in trouble. It's probably just a routine briefing.

Sam

FROM: Colonel Jonathon O'Neill coljoneill@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0820 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Coffee

Carter, I'm getting coffee for Daniel on the way to the meeting. Ya want one?

Jack

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Colonel Jonathon O'Neill coljoneill@sgc.gov SENT: 0845 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Fwd: Dating on Kelnowna

Sir, I think you need to talk to Jonas. He's got a date with Lieutenant Rush and he needs help. (see copied e-mail.) Major Carter.

P.S. Coffee would be great sir. Thanks

> The first date was most important. The man would formally ask to see the woman by submitting a written request to her parents. They would then be chaperoned by a male friend of the man and the woman's mother or older female relation to a meal somewhere. >During the meal the chaperones would ask questions of the other partner to decide on compatibility. If all goes well, then the man's family would present the women's family with a dead haguar (an animal a bit like a sheep). I'm not sure about this custom, for a supposedly modern society some things were still very outdated, but Daniel said that she knew she was going out with a Kelnownan so I should show her some of my customs. >The couple are then taken home and permitted to shake hands before a lock of hair is exchanged. So how does that compare to an earth date? Should I ask Colonel O'Neill to be my chaperone?

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 0855 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Why.....

.... would I be mad at you? Janet do you know something about this meeting? You're making it sound serious. Oh well, I'll find out soon enough; the Colonel has just arrived with coffee.

Sam

P.S. You *have* to see what Jonas just sent me! It'll give us a good laugh over coffee, although I think you should warn Becky.

FROM: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov SENT: 0932 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: The love of your life

You are gonna owe me big time buddy. Right at this moment, the woman you have spent the best part of the last seven years lusting after is at the moment alone in her lab crying her eyes out! Before you ask I'm not imagining it, she threw us all out, slammed the door shut. Shame she forgot about the security cameras. Whatever O'Neill did this time was really big. If you ever had a chance it's now, but you better hurry before Jackson shows up to comfort her.

Johnny

FROM: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov TO: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov SENT: 0935 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: The love of your life

Johnny, you gotta help me. What do I say to her?

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0945 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: I know you are in there.

In case you hadn't guessed it was me who was knocking on the door of your lab. Please give me a chance to explain, I couldn't tell you, I'm sorry. Forgive me.

Janet

P.S. Did you know that Simmonds is pacing up and down in the corridor outside your lab talking to himself? Time to send him to Mackenzie????

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 0949 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: What needs to be explained?

He's being retired on medical grounds, what more is there to say? Why aren't we fighting this Janet? He's the best we've got. How could you let me walk in to that meeting unprepared? You are supposed to be my friend. When I sat down I was so happy. I walked down to the meeting with him and he was barely limping, then the next thing I know I am being told that he is being retired. God, I can't believe I'm sitting in my lab crying my eyes out how professional is that?

Sam

P.S. When I opened the door, Simmonds bolted down the corridor. I think you are right to be worried about him.

FROM: Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov TO: All SGC personnel excluding SG1, the General and Doctor Fraiser everyone-SG1@sgc.gov SENT: 0950 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Pool closing.

Latest news, Colonel O'Neill is retiring therefore the pool will only be open for a further four days. Get your bets in now!

FROM: Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov TO: Colonel Jonathon O'Neill coljoneill@sgc.gov SENT: 0951 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Sorry to hear about......

..... your retirement. We're all gonna miss you sir, still think about all the *fishing* you can do now!

Louis

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0953 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: I still know you are in there

Sam, General Hammond and I have been fighting this for over a year and Colonel O'Neill knows that. He's far older than most officers in the field anyway, and there are people in high places who don't like him. This last injury was just the last straw. His body has been through too much, it's time that he had a chance to enjoy life before his knees give way completely and he can't walk. I couldn't tell you because it only became a certainty yesterday after the physiotherapist saw his knee and because he wouldn't let me, he wanted to tell you himself. Stop crying Sam, and look at the very large silver lining here. Apart from getting command of the SGC's flagship team there is something else at stake. I know you said I had to forget about this because he was your CO, but now he isn't, or he won't be soon. Maybe it's time for you to enjoy life too? Come on Sam, you've been curious about that cabin for years now. I'm still in the infirmary if you want to talk face to face.

Janet

P.S. What did Jonas send you? I'm dying to know! And Becky wants to know if Jonas prefers red or pink, I said you would talk to him.

FROM: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov TO: Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov SENT: 0957 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Illegal Gambling

I feel that this betting pool is an unsuitable use of airforce time therefore I consider myself duty bound to report you.

Lieutenant Simmonds

FROM: Colonel Jonathon O'Neill coljoneill@sgc.gov TO: Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov SENT: 1006 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Watch out Ferretti

On the grounds that we have been friends for so long I am going to ignore your last comments. And if I find out you are making money off this so help me I am gonna kick your ass all the way to Abydos.

Jack

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1007 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Fishing.

Janet, what am I going to say to him? What if he doesn't want things to go further anymore? He's still my CO for the next three weeks; I could make a complete fool of myself. Why does it feel like I'm sixteen again and waiting to go on my first date?

Sam

FROM: Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov SENT: 1007 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Illegal Gambling

Bite me, Simmonds! Just because you are jealous of O'Neill. Don't think I don't know about those photo's stuck on the back of your locker, how do you think your beloved Major Carter would react to those?

FROM: Colonel Jonathon O'Neill coljoneill@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1009 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Congratulations

Carter, First, congratulations. You have deserved your own command for several years now, I'm glad you are getting SG1, I can't think of a better person to take over from me. Just my luck that the best 2IC I ever have is the last one and I'll never get to see her in command. Secondly, I'm sorry it's taken me nearly an hour to get to you. First Daniel wouldn't shut up, then Teal'c wanted to talk to me. I think you would be better at telling Jonas what to do on the date (even if the idea of him turning up with a dead sheep is *very* funny). I'm not exactly experienced at the whole dating thing. Talking about dating I think that we should talk. Some things were said a while ago that we didn't exactly discuss, maybe now is the time? But I shouldn't do this by e-mail, Sam. Stay where you are, I'm coming down.

Jack

P.S. Do you think Simmonds could be a snake head? He was giving me some funny looks.

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1010 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: HELP!!!!

He's on his way down to talk about DATING. And he signed off Jack. Oh God. I've got to get out of here, are you still in your office? Sam

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1011 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: HELP!!!!

STAY WHERE YOU ARE. It's about time Sam, I'm so happy for you!

Janet

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1012 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Proceed to control room immediately.

Major, your father has sent a message through. It can be collected from Sergeant Siler.

General Hammond.

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: SGC personnel allpersonnel@sgc.gov SENT: 1013 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Illegal Gambling

I have had a report of illegal gambling taking place on the premises. The matter shall be over looked on this occasion however if it occurs in future I will be forced to take action.

General Hammond.

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov SENT: 1014 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: That betting pool.

$50 on the 4/7/04.

General Hammond.

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1020 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: How did it go?

You didn't show up at my office so I assume that you finally talked (or was it more?) to him. I want, no I NEED details. I've been waiting seven years for this, it's cruel to keep me hanging like this.

Janet

P.S. I still don't know what Jonas did.

FROM: Colonel Jonathon O'Neill coljoneill@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1025 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: This evening.

Apologise to Cassie for me about this evening, I can't come round. Tell her I will see her when I get back.

Jack

FROM: Colonel Jonathon O'Neill coljoneill@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1029 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Talking.

Okay Sam. I get it. I went to your lab and the tech told me you had run out. You aren't ready to talk, that's fine. I finished most of my paperwork while I was in the infirmary so General Hammond has given me three weeks leave until my discharge becomes official. I am going to drive for a few days then go to the cabin. I'll e-mail you when I get there, please think about this Sam. Even if you don't want more, I want stay friends.

Your friend always, Jack.

FROM: Colonel Jonathon O'Neill coljoneill@sgc.gov TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov SENT: 1031 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: I was right

I was right, and I wish I wasn't. Despite what you said, she doesn't want to change things, I told her I was coming to see her and she ran. I've got myself into a right mess this time Danny boy, I think I might have lost her as a friend as well. Look, I'm going to the cabin, I'll e-mail you when I get there, god knows I need to sort myself out.

Jack

P.S. Wish Jonas luck from me. P.P.S. Keep Simmonds away from Carter, there is something I don't trust about him.

FROM: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov SENT: 1030 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: You so owe me!

I just did you the biggest favour. Sent Colonel O'Neill to his cabin. I think I bought you a couple of days, you've got to get your act together buddy.

Johnny

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1049 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: How did it go?

I swear I'm cursed. We finally get a chance to talk and Hammond summons me to get a message from my dad which Siler has. I go to the control room as quickly as I can but he isn't there, apparently the sergeant has just gone on his break. When I get to the mess hall Siler isn't there either, he's gone to the gents. Boy did I get some funny looks standing outside the men's toilet! They say that women take a long time in the bathroom, I think Siler has had a secret sex change. Fifteen minutes later he emerges just to tell me that my dad says hello, and that he can't come to Earth next week due to an urgent mission. By the time I got back the colonel had gone. He sent me a message saying that he is going to his cabin for the next three weeks.

Sam (Destined to be single.)

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1053 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Re: How did it go?

Oh honey I am so sorry. How about we have a girls night in tonight? You, me, Cassie, Ben and Jerry's and white wine. And don't despair, he's coming back! Can you finally tell me what happened with Jonas, does it have anything to do why Lieutenant Rush is still smiling even though Captain Connor was just sick over her?

Janet

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1054 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: This evening.

Sounds great! Now I better get on with some work, Hammond wants me to pick out a new team member as soon as possible.

Sam

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 1200 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: This evening.

Jack said to send his apologies but he has had to go away for a few weeks, I'll explain later. Sam really needs cheering up so I thought we could have a girls night in, let me know.

Mom

FROM: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov TO: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov SENT: 1230 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: You so owe me!

Thanks for trying Johnny, but she is destined to be forever a dream. I can't bear to see her so upset over Colonel O'Neill, only he can make her happy and I must do what will make her happy.

Graham

FROM: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov SENT: 1245 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT:

Man you are such a girl!

Johnny

FROM: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1430 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: This evening.

That's fine Mom. It's been a while since I've seen Sam. Is it okay if I go out tomorrow night?

Cassie

FROM: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1432 MT 13 06 2004 SUBJECT: Stu

Stu asked me out!!!!!!! I'm so happy, Mom says you are coming over tonight, I'll tell you more then.

Cassie

CHAPTER 2:

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 0900 MT 14 06 2004 SUBJECT: Can you give me some Aspirin?

Thank you for last night, I really needed an evening off. So what's this Stu guy like? Cassie seems really enthusiastic. I thought she would never get over Dominic moving to California. I've just looked at my watch, I can't get over how much my life can change in just 24 hours. Still, I've decided that I am not going to just wait for him, there's this project I have to finish, maybe I can have it done by the time he comes back.

Sam.

FROM: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov SENT: 0942 MT 14 06 2004 SUBJECT: Sam and Jack

Daniel please don't tell my mom I'm writing this, she'll kill me. Sam was at our house last night and she was really cut up about Jack. She is pretending that it doesn't matter but it obviously does. Last night when she had had a lot to drink and when they thought I was asleep I overheard Sam telling my mom that she didn't know how it was possible for love to survive when both parties had tried so hard to kill it. It's obvious that Jack feels the same, I may be only 19, but I've seen the way he looks at Sam, the way he smiles when she is in the room and the way he plays the fool just to make her laugh. My mom says I have been reading too many romance novels but I know what I see and I know that you will agree with me. Talk to Jack, please.

Cassie

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 1130 MT 14 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Sam and Jack

I'm trying Cassie. But I can't do much until Jack gets in contact with us. Keep hoping Cassie, there's still time. Remember, he has to come back for the retirement ceremony. Hammond isn't going to let him get away without a big do. Jack will hate it.

Daniel

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov SENT: 1430 MT 14 06 2004 SUBJECT: Earth dating.

Daniel's heart was in the right place when he told you to show Lieutenant Rush some earth customs but I don't quite think he had those sort of customs in mind. While you are on Earth you might as well learn some Earth traditions. You need to talk to Becky and find out what she likes, but try and make it some where that you can talk. There is nothing worse than going on a first date and not saying a word to each other. Talk to her today and get back to me tomorrow, right now I have an experiment that is about to blow up.

Sam

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1300 MT 15 06 2004 SUBJECT: Jonas' date.

I just found out. Lieutenant Rush is a vegetarian!!!!!

Janet.

P.S. Could you try and talk to Cassie? When she came home last night after her date she wasn't happy, something about all men never listening.

FROM: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1320 MT 15 06 2004 SUBJECT: Jonas Quinn

Ma'am,

Dr Fraiser said that I could talk to you about my date with Jonas Quinn, I hope you don't mind. I am just happy that after so long he has finally asked me out, I will be happy with whatever he wants to do. Are there any Kelnownan customs that I should be aware of so that I don't offend him?

Lieutenant Rush

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: SGC personnel allpersonnel@sgc.gov SENT: 1440 MT 15 06 2004 SUBJECT: Colonel O'Neill's retirement.

In accordance with the wishes of the joint chiefs and the secretary of defence the SGC will host a formal retirement ceremony for Colonel on 4th July 2004. All personnel are expected to attend in full dress uniform.

General Hammond.

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 1444 MT 15 06 2004 SUBJECT: Your Date.

How did it go? Your mom said you weren't too happy. All men are stupid. (Believe me I know!) However if he did anything to hurt you just let me know and we'll send Teal'c round to see him....

Sam

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov SENT: 1452 MT 15 06 2004 SUBJECT: Kelnownan customs

Lieutenant,

When we are talking about dating it's fine to call me Sam. Jonas is trying to learn some earth customs so I shouldn't worry too much, just enjoy yourself and don't be afraid to tell him if he is doing something wrong.

Sam

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1457 MT 15 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Jonas' date.

Becky just asked me if there were any Kelnownan customs she should know about! I decided silence was the best policy.

Sam

P.S. Did you see the memo about the Colonel's retirement ceremony? Sounds like it is going to be a big deal, he will hate it!

FROM: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1750 MT 15 06 2004 SUBJECT: Earth dating.

I spoke to Becky today and she said she would like a surprise, you *have* to help me. I know she likes the outdoors if that is any help.

Jonas

FROM: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1930 MT 15 06 2004 SUBJECT: Jerks!

Stu was a jerk. First he took me to the movies where I had to pay for my ticket to watch some action film that only he was interested in. Then all he wanted to do was make out. (Not pleasant when he has been eating pickled onion crisps!) After that he expected me to go back to his place. As if! When I told him I didn't want to he called me all sorts of things I don't want to repeat. To top it all off I was so angry when I got in that I knocked Dominic's crystal off my table and it smashed. I miss Dominic.

Cassie

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 2100 MT 15 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Jerks!

Sorry about taking so long to reply, I've only just finished in the lab. This new project is really exciting, I want to get it finished but the time SG1 go on their first mission next week. Stu sounds like an idiot, you really are better off without him but don't give up hope. I know it's hard but someday you will get over him and then you will find yourself a nice, intelligent, sensitive, good looking man. Trust me, I'm your aunt.

Sam

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov SENT: 2120 MT 15 06 2004 SUBJECT: The perfect surprise.

Jonas, you said Becky likes the outdoors. What about a moonlight picnic? It's June so the weather should be okay, I know the perfect spot. All you need to do is pack a hamper of food and borrow a car. I can give you a list of what food you will need and since you passed your driving test I'm sure it would be alright with General Hammond if you borrowed a jeep for the night. Let me know what you think, Sam

FROM: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov SENT: 0830 MT 16 06 2004 SUBJECT: My workaholic boss.

Graham this is getting beyond a joke. I should never have helped you. Since O'Neill left, she has been working twice as hard, and so we all have to work twice as hard. I only got in five minutes ago and already she has found fifteen things for me to do. When does he get back? You know I think she slept here last night, you wouldn't have thought someone who like, saves the world on a daily basis would get this upset about a member of the opposite sex.

Johnny

FROM: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov TO: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov SENT: 0841 MT 16 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: My workaholic boss.

Hold out Johnny. I happen to know that she is off world in a few days time.

Graham

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov SENT: 0842 MT 16 06 2004 SUBJECT: Working!

Seeing as e-mail is the only thing you seem to be responding to this morning sergeant I thought I would try. Get back to work!

Major S.Carter

FROM: Teal'c mr_t@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov, Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov, Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov, Colonel Jonathon O'Neill coljoneill@sgc.gov, Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov, Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com, SENT: 1234 MT 16 06 2004 SUBJECT: E-mail

Lieutenant Simmonds has been most kind and spent the morning explaining to me how to operate my e-mail. Is `you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' an earth saying? The Lieutenant said it was his reason for helping me, therefore I would like to learn more about the scratching of backs. I did not scratch his back, I merely asked why he kept photographs of Major Carter taped to the back of his locker as I have observed that most officers choose family members.

Teal'c

FROM: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1250 MT 16 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Perfect Date ATTACHMENTS: ceremonial robes.gif

That's a great idea Sam. Could you send me that list? Also what should I wear? I have attached a picture of traditional Kelnownan ceremonial robes but I think they may not be suitable.

Jonas

FROM: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov TO: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov SENT: 1300 MT 16 06 2004 SUBJECT: Major Carter

I was just in the Major's lab and she couldn't stop laughing. Any idea why? Actually she was acting weird altogether, couldn't look at me straight.

Graham

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1301 MT 16 06 2004 SUBJECT: Fwd: Re: Perfect Date ATTACHMENTS: ceremonial robes.gif

Janet, you have to see this! Kelnownan formal wear. Can you imagine what would happen if the Colonel ever got his hands on this photo?

Sam

P.S. How am I ever going to look Simmonds in the eye again?

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov SENT: 1306 MT 16 06 2004 SUBJECT: Date List

Here goes;

A picnic basket Some cold food, most supermarkets do a nice range. (Becky is a vegetarian so no meat) Bottle of wine, preferably white. Coffee. Strawberries Chocolates.

I'll lend you my portable table, chairs, table cloth, napkins and cutlery, but you need to get some candles and matches. One more thing Jonas, I don't think your robes are suitable. Maybe you should go shopping?

Sam

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1308 MT 16 06 2004 SUBJECT: Thank you!

Sam that photograph made my day. It's a shame we can't pin it up! I particularly liked the orange skirt with the pink ruffles around the bottom. And the hat, it's worse than Jack's tea cosy.

Janet

P.S. How did the marines manage to shoot each other? This isn't a joke. Bill Donnell just came in after getting shot in the foot. Only the other members of SG3 were present.

FROM: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov TO: Teal'c mr_t@sgc.gov SENT: 1320 MT 16 06 2004 SUBJECT: Shopping tomorrow

Teal'c,

I need some new clothes for my date tomorrow evening. Will you come with me, I think I need another opinion.

Jonas

FROM: Teal'c mr_t@sgc.gov TO: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov SENT: 1348 MT 16 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Shopping tomorrow.

I would be honoured to accompany you, Jonas Quinn. Are you aware of a web site named E-Bay? I find it most interesting.

FROM: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov SENT: 1405 MT 16 06 2004 SUBJECT: Sam and Jack

Hi Daniel, Have you heard from Jack yet? Mom says Sam is working herself to the bone, and I think talking to Jack would help.

Cassie

FROM: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1419 MT 16 06 2004 SUBJECT: Dating.

Thanks Sam. I've just seen Jonas and he told me to dress for the outdoors. You don't have any idea where we are going do you? I need to know what to wear.

Becky

FROM: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1436 MT 16 06 2004 SUBJECT: What to wear.

Don't worry about what I am going to wear. Teal'c and I are going shopping tomorrow.

Jonas

P.S. What is E-bay?

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 1730 MT 16 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Sam and Jack

No news yet. I'll keep you posted!

Daniel

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov SENT: 1845 MT 16 06 2004 SUBJECT: A favour

Daniel, tell me you can get some time off tomorrow. Teal'c and Jonas are going shopping for clothes for him to wear on his date with Becky, I *need* you to go along. Just stop him from buying anything pink or orange!

Sam

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov SENT: 1850 MT 16 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: dating.

Just wear something warm, not too formal. Trousers are probably a good idea and no heels. Hope this helps.

Sam

FROM: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov SENT: 1930 MT 16 06 2004 SUBJECT: Tomorrow night

Becky,

I can't wait for tomorrow evening. Is it alright if I pick you up at seven o'clock?

Jonas

FROM: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 2100 MT 16 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Re: dating.

Cheers Sam!

Becky.

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov, Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov, Teal'c mr_t@sgc.gov, Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov, Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov, Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov, General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov, Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 0102 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: New e-mail address

In light of recent changes in my employment status I've got a new address. I'm at the cabin now until 4/7/2004 which is the date my retirement becomes official. If you have sent mail to the old address since I left could you forward it again as my password doesn't seem to be working. See you guys soon, Jack

CHAPTER 3:

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0105 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Good to hear from you sir!

I hope you are having a good time, sir. The day you left, I was waiting for you in my office but General Hammond called me because dad was sending a message. By the time I got back, you had gone. I just don't want you to think that I don't want to talk and I definitely don't want you to think that we aren't friends.

Sam

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0111 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Hey Sam.

What are you still doing up? Let me guess, some project or another? Your dedication was one of the things I admired about you most. But I was right before: this conversation needs to wait until we can do it face to face. By the way, I'm nearly retired. It's about time you started calling me JACK.

Jack.

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0120 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Working hours.

You're right about the project, I think I've found a way to increase the efficiency of the Naquada reactor by 10% and make it ten times smaller. If it works it would be easily portable and provide more power, we could take it to other worlds. Think how much we could achieve. I'm trying to get it finished before the boys at Area 51 requisition my idea and destroy it. There are only two days left, but I'm very close to getting there. How about you, Jack? How's the cabin? Have any fish appeared yet?

Sam.

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0124 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: About time!

You called me JACK!!!!! I'm so proud of you. The cabin is great, as usual. One day (not far away I hope) I'm going to bring you up here. It's perfect. The cabin sits right on the edge of the lake so you can walk straight out and onto the dock. You can't see any other civilisation because of the trees that surround you, it's so quiet and peaceful, you'd love it. You could sit and work for hours and there would be no distractions. When you finally got bored with that, there are lots of lovely long walks you could take in the woods or around the lake. Then I'd cook dinner and we could sit and watch the stars, with the new telescope I've bought just for up here. The view is amazing because there is no light pollution.

Jack

P.S. How did it go with Jonas?

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SUBJECT: Aliens on dates ATTACHMENTS: ceremonial robes.gif

Jonas and Becky are going out tonight. Teal'c and Jonas are going shopping today to find some clothes for him to wear, I've assigned Daniel to go with them. (see attached picture for traditional Kelnownan costume). I can't wait to get to the cabin, but you are wrong about one thing. If I went I wouldn't want to be working, it's too special a place to spoil it like that, especially on my first trip. I'd like to be able to wake up and eat a long leisurely breakfast. Then if it was sunny, go outside and sit on the dock and read a novel. After lunch we could take a walk around the lake, eat dinner and watch the stars. Maybe you could show me some of the constellations? I'm an astrophysicist but I couldn't tell you the names of any of the constellations. I've always been curious Jack, how did you come to own the cabin?

Sam

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0140 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: The Cabin ATTACHMENTS: stargazing.exe

My family have owned the cabin for years. My uncle left it to me in his will when he died in 1981. I used to use it a lot when I was on leave then I got married. Sara didn't like it much; she claimed it was basic and didn't like the drive up here. Charlie used to love it though. Whenever I had leave and he was on holiday, the two of us used to come up here on our own, he even caught a fish once! I thought I'd let you get a head start on those constellations. Attached is a screensaver, it has a picture of the night sky and then all the constellations are highlighted one by one and named. You'll love it!

Jack.

P.S. The photo of Jonas was hilarious. I hope it was duly copied and posted all over the base.

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0201 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Teasing aliens.

No *sir*, I didn't because unlike certain other people I don't take pleasure in publicly humiliating unsuspecting aliens. I've already downloaded and watched the screensaver, where on earth did you get it? It is going to replace my Newton's laws screensaver, which is getting really old. I'm glad Charlie liked the cabin. And what's a little basic compared to camping off world? When I was a kid, my mom used to take me and Mark camping for a week every summer with some of our cousins. I used to love the freedom. Mark and I would go swimming in the river while mom cooked breakfast. The best year was when dad was able to come too.

Sam

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0207 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Camping.

So that's why you like camping off world so much! And your mum did all the cooking huh? It certainly explains how you manage to ruin MRE's. Do you know if they have anything planned for my retirement? I'm really hoping that Hammond won't make a big deal of it.

Jack

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0212 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Retirement

It won't be a big deal. Apart from the joint chiefs, the secretary of defence and the formal ceremony in the Gateroom.

Sam

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0216 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Retirement

You're joking. Tell me you're joking.

Jack

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0221 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Re: Retirement.

You were the one who asked if we got any thanks for saving the world and they've decided to make up for it all in one go. I hope you've prepared a speech.

Sam

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0224 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Re: Re: Retirement

I need a speech!!! You gotta help me. Maybe I can get Thor to beam me up for the day, could you contact him?

Jack

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0259 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Thor

Sorry it took so long for me to reply. I had a slight accident which caused all the power in the lab to go out. It's back up now. With regards to Thor, General Hammond has already told him about the ceremony and asked him not to take you, in fact he has been invited to attend. Along with the Tok'ra, Nox and a whole bunch of our other allies. You should be honoured.

Sam

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0302 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Thor

Are you okay? I thought you had fallen asleep at your desk again. None of those guys you mentioned are coming right? They wouldn't want to come to a ceremony for me. You do realise I hate diplomacy: we could start an intergalactic war. Sam, you're smart, think of a way to get me out of this. I'll love you forever if you do.

Jack

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0303 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Thor

I just realised what I said. I didn't mean it. Well, I did, but not like that. I mean, I'll love you forever anyway but..... Look Carter just forget what I wrote. We'll talk when I get back. Now we both need to get some sleep.

Jack.

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0303 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Sleep.

Goodnight Jack.

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0304 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Sleep.

Goodnight Sam.

FROM: Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov TO: All SGC personnel excluding SG1, the General and Doctor Fraiser everyone-SG1@sgc.gov SENT: 0830 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Betting pool

Remember today is the last day to get your bets in. The pool shuts at 1600 today.

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 0832 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Sam

Hi doc, could you make sure that Sam gets some sleep? She was still in her lab at 0300 this morning. Also, she said something about an accident that fused the electrics for over forty minutes. Thanks, Jack.

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0901 MT 10 06 2004 SUBJECT: Sam

Please don't think that Sam ran away, the day that you left she was called away by General Hammond because Jacob was arriving. Since then she has been in her lab until at least twelve every night and I know she hasn't started on the preparation for her first mission in command of SG 1. Teal'c and I are starting to get worried about her. Jack she needs you, don't let her down.

Daniel

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT 0902 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: SG1

Major,

Captain Milligan's appointment to SG1 has been confirmed. You are required to attend a mission briefing at 1300 on 19/06/04 for SG1's mission to PXC-562, scheduled to depart 20/06/04.

General Hammond.

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0904 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Retirement

Jack, I know you didn't want to make it a big deal, but it was taken out of my hands. The Joint Chiefs and the Secretary of Defence are definitely coming. They have decided it would be a good time to meet our allies, I'm trying to keep it as small as possible but you have made a lot of friends over the years and they all want to see you honoured. You need to report to the base at 0630 on 4/07/04. The ceremony won't start until 1500, but guests will be arriving all day and we are going to have our hands full keeping them all happy.

General Hammond

P.S. The other matter we discussed is under consideration. I'm confident it will be completed by the time you retire.

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0904 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Sleep.

Sam, I may be your best friend but I am also your doctor. It concerns me when I receive reports that you were still in your lab at 0300 and that you had an accident. I demand that you leave your lab now, go and get breakfast and then return to your quarters and get some sleep.

Janet

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov SENT: 0910 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Sam

Relax, space monkey. I spoke to her last night on e-mail. Actually it was pretty incredible, I told her about things I've never told anyone.. I messed up a bit at the end though but she didn't seem to mind, she even called me Jack. Danny, I'm in deep here.

Jack

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 0910 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Sleep.

You worry too much, Janet. I was talking to Jack last night and it was amazing. I even told him about my mom, I've never talked about her with anyone. Then he said he would love me forever, he got nervous after that and we wished each other good night. You think I could sleep after that??? I'm so happy. Why does 17 days sound like such a long time?

Sam

P.S. The accident was nothing to worry about. I just spilt my coffee on a power point; my next project is definitely going to be waterproofing everything in the lab.

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0913 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Re: Sleep

I'm so happy for you honey! It's about time. 17 days will fly by, trust me. However, you still need to get some sleep. I'm coming down to your lab now and if you are still there I will talk to General Hammond and get him to put you on medical leave.

*Doctor* Janet Fraiser

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0928 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Re: Sam

For the final time I AM NOT CALLED SPACE MONKEY. It's good about you and Sam though, don't worry Jack, I think she is in as deep as you. Just don't mess it up. I have to go now; I've got to accompany two aliens on a shopping trip. Why do I let myself get dragged into these things?

Daniel.

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 0935 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Progress

Cassie, there has been some real progress. I think something might finally happen. Apparently they had a serious chat by e-mail last night. She even called him Jack! I'll keep you updated. Actually Cassie, you might be able to help me. If you aren't doing anything this morning could you meet me at the mall at 1030? I have to help Jonas buy an outfit for his date, and I think it would be good to get a woman's opinion.

Daniel

FROM: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov SENT: 1013 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Coffee break

Finally got time to write to you, the love of your life has been dragged off by Doc Fraiser. She was in a good mood this morning; all smiles and happiness, still it didn't stop her from giving me far too much to do. You should see her new screensaver, its very cool. I hate to be the one to tell you this dude, but I think she sorted things out with Colonel O'Neill, I overheard her talking to the doc. They didn't say much, but she referred to Jack. Don't get too upset buddy, we'll go out for a drink and meet some nice, available girls.

Johnny.

FROM: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov TO: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov SENT: 1308 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Coffee Break

I will never get over her. She is the love of my life, my sunshine, my light and she loves another. But you said Doctor Fraiser escorted her from the infirmary. Is she sick? Maybe I should go and check? What sort of flowers do you think she likes?

Graham

FROM: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov SENT: 1315 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Get over it man.

All that poetry, so not cool. Give it up, she'll never be yours. Do what the rest of us normal people do, go out, get drunk and have a one night stand. Trust me, you'll feel better. Remind me again why we are friends?

Johnny

FROM: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov TO: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov SENT: 1320 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Get over it man.

Need I remind you about that evening I found you drunk on base, writing inappropriate messages all over the board that Major Carter had just used for four hours worth of calculations? I'm going to her quarters; maybe she needs someone to look after her.

Graham

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1328 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Simmonds

This is getting beyond a joke. I was finally asleep and he knocked on the door to my quarters. When I made it out of bed and opened the door, he ran off, only stopping to drop a bunch of demented daisies that he had stolen from Sergeant Heyer's lab. Anyway, once I have dealt with Simmonds, I'm going back to my lab. I've only got this project until tomorrow, then I promise to rest.

Sam

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov SENT: 1329 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Personal Reasons

Lieutenant,

I'm sorry to be harsh about this Lieutenant, but I need to be honest with you. I will never go out with you, so I kindly request that you stop leaving me flowers. I also request that our conversations be limited to topics of a work related nature. It would also be much appreciated if you remove the photographs taped to the back of your locker.

Major S.Carter.

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1406 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Shopping

Never, ever ask me to do anything with those two again. Even with Cassie's help, it took us four hours to buy an outfit that was halfway decent. I'm getting a migraine, Sam.

Daniel

P.S. I have just seen Graham Simmonds, and I think he was crying.

FROM: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1531 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Shopping

Mom, I have just had the best morning. It was so funny, although I think poor Daniel might need your help. When they finished I think he was about ready to murder Jonas. Every store we went into, Jonas systematically picked out the loudest, most unsuitable item of clothing, for some reason he seemed to think that he should be wearing pink. I didn't even know that they made pink trousers! At one stage I thought Teal'c was going to be arrested. It took all of Daniel's diplomatic skill to convince the security guards it was a genuine mistake. They had a special display outside the costume shop and apparently Cinderella's necklace resembles a Goual'd emblem. The shop didn't take it too kindly when Teal'c ripped it off and smashed it.

Cassie.

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov SENT: 1544 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Illegal Gambling

Ferretti, I just caught two of my lab techs skiving off to place their last minute bets. I wondered why I hadn't heard about this pool until they told me what you were betting on. If you don't want Jack to find out about this, then I had better be getting a twenty percent share of the profits that I know you will be making on this.

Carter

FROM: Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov TO: All SGC personnel excluding SG1, the General and Doctor Fraiser everyone-SG1@sgc.gov SENT: 1600 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Betting pool.

The pool is now closed. The winner will be declared via e-mail as soon as evidence of a relationship has been shown. Either participant must admit to a relationship or there must be intimate physical contact (i.e. kissing) and it must be witnessed by no less than 3 members of the SGC from different teams. I'm sorry to be strict about this, but the security staff have already tried to provide false evidence by presenting me with a doctored security tape.

Louis Ferretti

P.S. Things are looking good. Major Carter referred to Colonel O'Neill as Jack.

FROM: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1800 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: My date!

I've set up everything like you said. The weather is fine and it is predicted to be a clear night. General Hammond said I could have one of the jeeps, as long as I had it back by midnight, so I'm off to pick Becky up now. (He is even going to let me drive there alone, as long as I take a cell phone with me). Wish me luck,

Jonas

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov SENT: 1802 MT 17 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: My date.

Try not to arrive too early, as she will probably still be getting ready. And on the way, stop off and get her some flowers. Ask the shop assistant to help you pick something suitable for a first date. Good luck,

Sam.

CHAPTER 4:

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0630 MT 18 06 2004 SUBJECT: Good morning

Mornin' Sam.

FROM: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0801 MT 18 06 2004 SUBJECT: Last night

I had to tell someone about how great last night was. I had no idea Jonas could be so romantic. He turned up at my door with a bunch of flowers, and boy, did he look good in those black jeans and that black, fitted jumper. I'd never considered him to be a good dresser before. I guess I've never really seen him out of fatigues (except when he is in the infirmary.) After that, he took me to this secluded spot in the woods, and set out a picnic for us. At first, I was a bit concerned because I am a vegetarian, but he knew that as well. Then we had strawberries, Sam, I *love* strawberries. Then we talked for hours, he told me about all the things he would like to do on Earth. I swear he is the perfect man; I've never been with a guy who is so considerate before. We've got another date planned for when SG1 gets back from their mission, I said that I would plan somewhere. Where do you think Jonas would like? God Sam, writing this to you I've just realised that he didn't kiss me goodnight. Do you think I did something wrong? Did he leave someone on Kelnowna? Am I just the rebound girl?

Becky

FROM: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0802 MT 18 06 2004 SUBJECT: My date

Thank you, thank you, thank you Sam. Last night was brilliant. Everything went well and Becky loved it! The flowers were a good idea, she smiled so much when I gave them to her then she said that she thought I was cute. No one has ever called me cute before. Is being cute a bad thing? Maybe she was only saying that to protect my feelings? What if she isn't attracted to me? On Kelnowna it's customary for a friend to talk to the girl.

Jonas

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0804 MT 18 06 2004 SUBJECT: Sleep

Just a quick reminder that if I find you in your lab before 0830 I will be forced to have you escorted from the mountain. I also expect you to eat something, remember you want to be looking your best when Jack gets back!

Janet

FROM: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0807 MT 18 06 2004 SUBJECT: Talking to mom

Sam, you remember a while back I talked about going to Europe for a year? Well the company that I wrote to just got back to me; they've found me a job in Paris. I can pay for the airfare with my savings, but I don't know if mom will let me go. Could you talk to her?

Cassie

FROM: Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0810 MT 18 06 2004 SUBJECT: You've got to be kidding

20%!!! Sam you can't do this to me. I'll give you 10%.

Ferretti

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0814 MT 18 06 2004 SUBJECT: The mission

So Sam, can I take those books along with me on our mission to PXC-562? It would be really useful to do some of the referencing while I was on world. I know that Jack always claimed there wasn't any room on FRED, but he just didn't like the books. Can we get together and talk about this?

Daniel

FROM: Teal'c mr_t@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0815 MT 18 06 2004 SUBJECT:

Major Carter

What is the function of an `easy bake' oven? Surely if baking was made easier, then all oven's would be easy bake?

Teal'c

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov, Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov, Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com, Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov, Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov, Teal'c mr_t@sgc.gov SENT: 0831 MT 18 06 2004 SUBJECT: I have work to do.

Becky, Jonas. Talk to each other, not to me. You don't need a go between. Jonas you like Becky, Becky you like Jonas, so sort it out. I'm sure you are going to have a wonderful time together. Janet I've eaten, I've slept and now I'm going to work. I also know that he won't care about what I look like, which is one of the reasons I like him so much. Cassie, talk to your mom. You're 19, I'm sure she will understand and even if she doesn't, I can't live your life for you. Ferretti, 20% or the deal is off. No bargaining. Daniel, I can't believe that Jack has been gone only a few days and you are acting like this. Remind me again how many times he saved your life? Doesn't that tell you he knew what he was doing when he checked your packing? And Teal'c, do not go any where near E-bay unless another human member of the SGC is present. Now, I have some actual work to do. If I do not finish this project by 1800, it will be carted off to Area 51 and we will never see it again. Therefore do not try and speak to me until after this time. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR ?

Sam

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0834 MT 18 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Good Morning.

Good morning Jack.

FROM: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov TO: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov SENT: 0849 MT 18 06 2004 SUBJECT: Last night

Jonas, I want to tell you that I had an amazing time and I can't wait to go out with you again. Maybe we could meet up for lunch?

Becky

FROM: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov SENT: 0851 MT 18 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Last night

I'll pick you up from the infirmary at 1230. The orderly said they have strawberry cake today.

Jonas

P.S. Did I tell you how beautiful you looked last night?

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 0901 MT 18 06 2004 SUBJECT: We need to talk

Cassie honey, what do we need to talk about? You aren't pregnant are you? Remember I love you, whatever happens.

Mom

FROM: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 0905 MT 18 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: We need to talk

Relax mom, I'm not pregnant. I just need to talk to you about an opportunity for next year. I'll make dinner tonight and I'll tell you everything.

Cassie

P.S. I think Jack is rubbing off on Sam

FROM: Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov TO: All SGC personnel excluding SG1, the General and Doctor Fraiser everyone-SG1@sgc.gov SENT: 0913 MT 18 06 2004 SUBJECT: Pool update

Progress is definitely being made. Major Carter just shouted at Daniel Jackson, she's obviously been spending too much time with O'Neill.

Ferretti

P.S. Anyone know where she got her screensaver? I want one.

FROM: Teal'c mr_t@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov SENT: 0936 MT 18 06 2004 SUBJECT: Assistance

Lieutenant Simmonds in our previous conversations you have indicated that should I require your assistance I should contact you. I require your assistance.

Teal'c

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 1755 MT 18 06 2004 SUBJECT: I did it!!!!

I did it Jack!!!! It actually worked. We now have a working Naquada reactor that is light enough to be carried by one person and it is more efficient. I can't believe it actually worked. Now I just have to go and see General Hammond and stop the idiots from Area 51 destroying it.

Sam

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1830 MT 18 06 2004 SUBJECT: Briefing

Congratulations on your success Major, the new reactor will be thoroughly tested and put in to production as soon as possible. I trust you are prepared for the briefing tomorrow, you should have received all relevant documents by this time.

General Hammond

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1831 MT 18 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: I did it!!!!

I always knew you would Sam, if someone says it is impossible then you are certain to find some way to do it.

Jack

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 1833 MT 18 06 2004 SUBJECT: How do you manage

I was so wrapped up in this project I forgot about the briefing tomorrow. I've just seen all the paperwork I have to finish. How did you cope? I don't think I'm getting any sleep tonight.

Sam

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1837 MT 18 06 2004 SUBJECT: Advice

Sam, I'm sure you'll do fine. You are ten times more organised than I am. But just in case here are some tips:

A lot of the paperwork is irrelevant. If you don't know the sender and you know they can't link it back to you, don't worry about it. Stan in the armoury is very good. I gave him an SG1 standing list that does for most SG1 recon missions. Just add to it anything special. (a copy of the list is in my directory on the computer. My password is astrophysicist.) Most people don't care that much if your paperwork is late, they generally have enough of their own to do. Just make sure that the General gets his reports on time.

Jack

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0630 MT 19 06 2004 SUBJECT: Good morning

Mornin' Sam.

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0834 MT 19 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Good Morning.

Good morning Jack.

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Captain Peter Milligan cappmilligan@sgc.gov, Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov, Teal'c mr_t@sgc.gov, Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov SENT: 0800 MT 19 06 2004 SUBJECT: Mission briefing

Just a reminder that we have a briefing at 1300. I need all your reports prepared by then.

Sam

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0819 MT 19 06 2004 SUBJECT: Yesterday

Sorry about yesterday Sam. I know that Jack was a good CO. I guess I'll see you at the briefing.

Daniel

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 1410 MT 19 06 2004 SUBJECT: Mission

Hey Jack,

This mission is going to be four days, starting tomorrow at 0730 and I have more paperwork to do. I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to talk after last night. We are due back on the 23rd.

Sam

P.S. While I am gone could you talk to Cassie? Her and Janet have gone out for the day so I can't get in touch with them and I am worried about her.

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1432 MT 19 06 2004 SUBJECT: Mission

I'll look out for Cassie, you just keep yourself safe. Don't worry about me; there are plenty of fish here to keep me company. I meant what I said before; when we talk I want to be able to see you.

Jack

P.S. Send me a message when you get back.

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 2200 MT 19 06 2004 SUBJECT: Goodnight

Night Sam and good luck. You'll be a great CO, you've got be, you had the best teacher!

Jack

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 2228 MT 19 06 2004 SUBJECT: Cassie

In case I don't get a chance to see you before we gate tomorrow, I just wanted to say don't be too hard on Cassie. She's young and looking for adventure. It could be really good for her.

Sam

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 2231 MT 19 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Goodnight

Thanks. Goodnight Jack.

CHAPTER 5:

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0530 MT 20 06 2004 SUBJECT: Morning

Just wanted to say `good morning', Jack. My first mission in command, and I'm scared as hell. But I know it will be okay, because I learnt from the best. See you soon, Sam

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 1200 MT 20 06 2004 SUBJECT: Everything okay?

Sam gave me the heads up that you and your mom might be having some problems. Just wanted to let you know that I am here if you want to talk.

Jack

FROM: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 1235 MT 20 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Everything okay?

Everything is fine, Jack. My mom and I sat down and talked at dinner last night. She has agreed that I can go to Paris for a year, so long as I call her once a week and promise to let her visit. I'm so excited Jack, I can't wait to tell Sam when she gets back.

Cassie

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 1303 MT 20 06 2004 SUBJECT: Paris

You're going to Paris? When did you grow up? What happened to the little girl that used to run around my back yard with her puppy? I feel so old.

(Grandpa) Jack

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1305 MT 20 06 2004 SUBJECT: Paris

Doc, Cassie is going to Paris, huh? I can't believe how quickly she is growing up. Did SG 1 get off okay? How was Carter? Jack

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 1734 MT 20 06 2004 SUBJECT: Growing up

It's going to be hard to let go of her, but I knew I would some day and I haven't seen her this excited in years. Besides, I would have loved Paris when I was nineteen, so I guess I can't stop her. SG 1 got off fine, even if Captain Milligan did look a little green; I think he's been reading too many old SG 1 mission reports. This is just a standard recon mission to get them used to working together, and he looked ready for all out war with the Goa'uld. Sam was up early this morning, but when she walked into the gate room it didn't show at all. She gave the order and led the new SG 1 through the stargate like she had been in command for years. You would have been proud of her, sir.

Janet

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1811 MT 20 06 2004 SUBJECT: Carter

I always knew she could do it doc. And don't worry too much about Cassie, if anything really goes wrong, Hammond will authorise an SG 1 rescue mission.

Jack

FROM: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov, SENT: 1030 MT 21 06 2004 SUBJECT: When the cat's away.....

Hey buddy, do you feel like joining me for a game of poker this afternoon? Win some money off the gullible marines? Now Major Carter is away it's much easier to sneak off! 1500 in storage room 4.

Johnny

FROM: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov TO: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov SENT: 1056 MT 21 06 2004 SUBJECT: Stupid Games

Don't you realise that my heart has been physically ripped from my body and then run through Colonel O'Neill's electronic paper shredder? I can't eat, I can't sleep. Everywhere I go I imagine my beautiful angel's face, and you expect me to play poker?!!??! She would never be degraded by gambling.

Graham

FROM: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov SENT: 1121 MT 21 06 2004 SUBJECT:

You really worry me. No joking man, I think it's time you saw Mackenzie. I'll make up some excuse for you with the guys.

FROM: Doctor Philip Mackenzie, colpmackenzie@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov SENT: 1650 MT 21 06 2004 SUBJECT: Appointment

Lieutenant,

Following a consultation with Dr Fraiser, your voluntary appointment has been arranged for 0900 hours tomorrow morning. (22 06 2004)

Dr Mackenzie. SGC Psychiatrist .

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0831 MT 22 06 2004 SUBJECT: That matter we discussed.

How are you doing son? I hear the fishing is very good at this time of year. In regards to our earlier discussions, I'm pleased to tell you that Major Carter's promotion to Lieutenant Colonel has been approved. We'll give her the good news at your retirement ceremony.

George

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 0835 MT 22 06 2004 SUBJECT: Thank you

General,

Thank you for arranging this. It means a lot to me, and no one deserves it more than Carter. If there is any way in which I can repay you, just let me know.

Jack

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0842 MT 22 06 2004 SUBJECT: Repayment

Jack,

Major Carter probably would have got this promotion without either of us, so you don't need to do anything to repay me. However, if you really want to do something there is a certain betting pool that you could help me with, I believe the prize is up to almost $1000. We'll talk when you get back, enjoy your vacation, son.

George

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1300 MT 22 06 2004 SUBJECT: SG 1

Hey doc, Have you heard anything from SG 1 yet? Did they make their scheduled check in?

Jack

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 1324 MT 22 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: SG 1

Yes sir, they made their contact. Sam knows what she is doing, you are going to have to learn to let go.

Janet

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1326 MT 22 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Re: SG 1

I know, I know, they don't need an old man like me hanging around. But, just as it's hard to let go of Cassie, it's hard to let go of my team. I can't believe how much they have all grown up since our first mission. I still remember Carter championing women's rights on every opportunity we got, and Danny with his allergies. His hand to hand combat skills are now so good I have to train before I take him on.

Jack

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 1345 MT 22 06 2004 SUBJECT: Growing old

With respect sir, I know that's not true, I'm the one who had to fix Daniel up the last time you took him on in the gym. Now stop feeling sorry for yourself, and go out and enjoy your free time. You are at your cabin surrounded by the great out doors, so what are you doing inside on your e-mail account?

Janet

P.S. I know Sam doesn't think you are old.

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov, General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov, Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 1637 MT 22 06 2004 SUBJECT: Enjoying life

On the advice of a friend, I am going to enjoy my time here so I'm going to take a camping trip to a lake that has some fish. I'll be out of contact until 25 06 2004. In an emergency, I can be reached on my cell phone.

Jack

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1643 MT 22 06 2004 SUBJECT: Your mission

I'm writing this e-mail so it will be in your inbox when you get back from your mission. On the doc's advice I'm going to take a few days out and go on a camping trip, so I won't be able to speak to you again until the 26th. I want to know all the stories when I get back, especially the ones that involve scientists embarrassing themselves!

Jack.

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov SENT: 0830 MT 23 06 2004 SUBJECT: Infirmary procedure

Lieutenant,

Due to the nature of your relationship with Jonas Quinn please be aware that when SG 1 returns this afternoon, you will not be able to treat him.

Dr Fraiser

P.S. Do you have anything nice planned for his return?

FROM: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 0855 MT 23 06 2004 SUBJECT: Welcome home

I baked some Banana cookies...but please don't tell anyone else, as SG 3 are getting back today and I don't want them stolen. Ma'am, do you have any? ideas where we should go for our next date, I told Jonas that I would organise it, now I have to come up with something that lives up to what he did for me.

Becky

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov SENT: 0914 MT 23 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Welcome home

When we aren't working in the infirmary, please call me Janet. Jonas will love the cookies, shame you can't smuggle in some Ben and Jerry's as well! (Did you see the article about how many calories it contains? I don't know how Jonas and Teal'c can eat so much of the stuff and stay in shape...) I wouldn't worry about your next date; Jonas will like anything `new'. If you get really stuck, talk to Sam, she knows him better than I do. We girls have got to stick together.

Janet

FROM: Tessa Hammond grandpasgurl@yahoo.com TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 1630 MT 23 06 2004 SUBJECT: My Dance show

Mom said to E-mail you and remind you about my dance show on the 25th. I hope you can come this time, grandpa. Love you lots, Tessa

FROM: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1630 MT 23 06 2004 SUBJECT: SG 1

Ma'am, weren't SG 1 due back by now?

Becky Rush

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov SENT: 1646 MT 23 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: SG 1

They are only a few hours overdue, and this is SG 1 we are talking about. Try not to worry, this won't be the last time this happens. Jonas can look after himself and Sam would never let any of them get hurt; she's learnt from the best. How much trouble do you think they can get into on a mineral survey?

Janet

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 1647 MT 23 06 2004 SUBJECT: SG 1

Sir,

Has there been any contact from SG 1? I believe they were due back at 1530. Major Carter told me that this was just a routine mineral survey, Do I need an emergency team standing by in the gate room?

Doctor Fraiser

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1652 MT 23 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: SG 1

They are overdue doctor, but they made all their scheduled check ins and there were no problems. They are on a low risk mission and there could be any number of reasons why they were held up; we have to trust in Major Carter. Try not to worry doctor, if we haven't heard from them in 24 hours, I'll send in a search and rescue team.

General Hammond.

FROM: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov TO: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov SENT: 0731 MT 24 06 2004 SUBJECT: My angel

Johnny,

My angel didn't get back from her mission yesterday. What am I going to do? What if something has happened to her? I can't live without her beautiful face.

FROM: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov SENT: 0923 MT 24 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: My angel

I know that we have been friends for a long time man, but I can't keep replying to these E-mails. Sorry to be harsh, but come find me when you've got a life!

Johnny

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1230 MT 24 06 2004 SUBJECT: Medical team

I've asked SG 6 to be prepared to gate to PXC-562 at 1500. I would also like a medical team to be on standby until they return.

General Hammond

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 1247 MT 24 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Medical team

The team is prepared to go as soon as they are needed. I'll be heading the team myself.

Doctor Fraiser

P.S. Sir, do you think I should make Colonel O'Neill aware of the situation?

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1254 MT 24 06 2004 SUBJECT: Colonel O'Neill

Quite frankly doctor, I think that for the time being it is better that he doesn't know. We have no evidence that something has happened to SG 1, and I don't want to worry him. You said yourself, that with his knees you would never authorise him to go on an active mission again, and he will hate not being able to do anything. I'll contact him when SG 6 get back.

General Hammond

FROM: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1345 MT 24 06 2004 SUBJECT: Rescue team

Ma'am, I would like to be part of the standby rescue team.

Lieutenant Rush

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov SENT: 1432 MT 24 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Rescue team

I'm afraid I can't authorise that, Lieutenant. You will stay in the infirmary and work from there. Try not to worry, I'm sure Jonas is fine and he wouldn't want you to risk your life for him. The best you can do is to get on with your job, and remember I am always here if you need to talk.

Doctor Fraiser.

FROM: Doctor Philip Mackenzie, colpmackenzie@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov, General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 1435 MT 24 06 2004 SUBJECT: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds

Before I submit a full (and costly) report on the condition of this officer I would like to make some informal suggestions.

Psychiatrically, there is nothing wrong with him He is just an officer who has difficulty identifying with others in social situations, and has latched onto Major Carter because she has occasionally shown him kindness. I suggest that the best `cure' would be to get him more involved with social occasions on the base, possibly helping to organise Colonel O'Neill's retirement party.

Doctor Mackenzie

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Philip Mackenzie, colpmackenzie@sgc.gov SENT: 1439 MT 24 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds

Doctor

I don't have time for this at the moment. Summarise this report in English please and do whatever you think is necessary.

General Hammond

FROM: Doctor Philip Mackenzie, colpmackenzie@sgc.gov TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 1446 MT 24 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Re: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds

He has no friends, sir. Give him something to do that involves other members of the base so people have to talk to him.

Doctor Mackenzie.

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1538 MT 24 06 2004 SUBJECT: SG 1

SG 6 found no signs of SG 1 at the gate. They are now proceeding to the site that SG 1 was going to explore. I will contact you as soon as I know anything more.

General Hammond

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov SENT: 1541 MT 24 06 2004 SUBJECT: SG 1

Becky,

SG 6 didn't find anything at the gate, so they are following SG 1's path. I know that you are going to worry and that ordering you to go home wouldn't have any effect so I want you to eat something and go to your quarters, otherwise I will have you forcibly removed. We all want SG 1 home, and some of our best people are looking for them. Making yourself ill won't help.

Janet

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 2348 MT 24 06 2004 SUBJECT: Rescue mission

SG 6 have just reported finding signs of a fight near the site that SG 1 were investigating. It appears that the planet isn't as uninhabited as we first thought, so I'm sending SG 15 out as back up. SG 6 also found blood, although no signs of a victim, as far as we know there is still hope for SG 1.

General Hammond.

CHAPTER 6:

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Tessa Hammond grandpasgurl@yahoo.com SENT: 0838 MT 25 06 2004 SUBJECT: Your dance show

Dear Tessa,

I am very sorry that I can't come to your dance show today, but some friends of mine are in trouble and I have to help them. I know I miss a lot of your shows, but I promise I will make it up to you Perhaps when I have a day off, I can take you and Kayla out for the day. Good luck for tonight, I am sure you will be the star of the show. Make sure your daddy takes a picture for me to put on my desk.

Grandpa George

FROM: Tessa Hammond grandpasgurl@yahoo.com TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 0900 MT 25 06 2004 SUBJECT:

Don't be sorry grandpa, there is another show next semester. I hope that your friends are okay, when my friend Lucy went away, I was very sad but mom made me some hotdogs to cheer me up, now I have a new best friend. Mom said that I can make you hot dogs next time you come over, so that you aren't sad. I made another picture for you like the one of the dogs that you liked so much, and I made a picture of fish for Jack. Is Jack going to come see us again soon? (I hope so, he made me laugh and he knew lots of cool songs.)

Tessa

P.S. Kayla wants to know if we can have chocolate ice cream when we go out with you?

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Tessa Hammond grandpasgurl@yahoo.com SENT: 0905 MT 25 06 2004 SUBJECT: Ice cream

Of course you can have ice cream, princess. I have to go and do some work now, but I'll try to call you tonight to see how the show went.

Grandpa George.

FROM: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1032 MT 25 06 2004 SUBJECT: Everything okay?

I know you said that you weren't going to be home for a few days because there was something going on at the base, but is Sam okay? I thought she would have e-mailed me by now.

Cassie

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 1046 MT 25 06 2004 SUBJECT: Sam

Cassie, try not to worry too much honey, but SG 1 didn't return from their mission as planned, and we haven't heard from them since. I have to stay on base to be part of a medical rescue team, *if* we are needed. If I could, I'd come up to be with you but I need to sleep on the base so I know what is going on. As soon as I know anything about Sam, I'll call you, sweetie. Do you need anything?

Love, Mom

FROM: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1051 MT 25 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Sam

I'm fine, mom. You just look after Sam for me. Besides nothing can happen to her and the rest of SG 1, now she finally has a chance with Jack. I know you think I'm a hopeless romantic, but they are in love and it's going to have a happy ending. Trust me, I'm your daughter!

Cassie

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 1059 MT 25 06 2004 SUBJECT: Hopeless romantic

You make me feel better already. It's the sitting around waiting that's the problem. But I hope you're right about Sam and Jack; if anyone deserves to be happy it's those two. You don't happen to have money in Ferretti's pool do you? On second thoughts, I don't want to know the answer to that. I'll call you tonight, after your French class.

Mom

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1248 MT 25 06 2004 SUBJECT: Rescue

SG 6 know where SG 1 are. They believe they are being held captive and their radios have been removed, which is why we can't contact them. The natives are primitive but there are large numbers of them, so SG 15 are going to wait until dark to try and pull SG 1 out. Unfortunately, dark on the planet will not be until 1800 tomorrow, therefore the medical team is stood down until that time. Try to get some rest, doctor Hopefully, we'll have them back tomorrow.

General Hammond

TO: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov FROM: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov SENT: 1301 MT 25 06 2004 SUBJECT: SG 1

I'm sorry about before, Johnny, I promise no more messages about the wonderfulness that is Major Samantha Carter. I just need to know what SG 6 reported to General Hammond. I know you were in the gate room.

Graham

TO: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov FROM: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov SENT: 1305 MT 25 06 2004 SUBJECT: No way....

....am I telling you something like that?. And until you send me a message that a real man would send, I'm ignoring you.

Johnny

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 1523 MT 25 06 2004 SUBJECT: My team

Is everything alright with SG 1? I've just checked my e-mail at an internet caf on the way back to the cabin and I haven't heard anything from any of them.

Jack

P.S. I think I can sort something out with regards to the betting pool.

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 1536 MT 25 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: My team

I'm sorry to have to tell you like this son, but SG1 didn't return from their mission. SG 6 and SG 15 went after them, and we believe they are being held captive by the inhabitants of the planet. We are going to pull them out as soon as it gets dark at 1800 tomorrow, until then SG 6 and 15 are monitoring the situation. As far as we know they are all alive and well.

General Hammond

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 1540 MT 25 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Re: My team

With respect sir, why the hell didn't anyone call me?!!! I left a cell phone number. Has anyone actually seen SG 1? Have you made contact with them? I thought this planet was uninhabited, why weren't they better prepared? I'm coming back straightaway; I shouldn't have let them go on this mission without me.

Jack

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 1545 MT 25 06 2004 SUBJECT: No Jack

Don't come back here, there really is nothing you can do. You know as well as I do, that you can't go on any more active missions. We have good people out there, they will get SG 1 back, and you know that Major Carter is the best. She will do everything possible to bring them home, you just have to trust her. Jack, this isn't the last time this is going to happen. It's hard, but you have to let go; you can't do everything, son. Go back to your cabin, try not to panic and let us do our jobs. I have got no intention of leaving anyone behind. If the rescue mission fails, then, and only then, will I consider letting you return.

General Hammond

P.S. She will be fine. She blew up a sun, I don't think she would let some natives stop her.

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov SENT: 1603 MT 25 06 2004 SUBJECT: SG 1

It looks like SG 1 are being held by the natives. They are going to try and pull them out at 1800 tomorrow, so there is nothing we can do until then. Try to eat something and get some sleep, I know it's hard.

Janet

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 1606 MT 25 06 2004 SUBJECT: Tonight

Hey honey, They are going to try and rescue Sam tomorrow, so I am going to stay on base tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to come home tomorrow evening.

Love you, Mom

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 1523 MT 26 06 2004 SUBJECT: Orders

Sir,

I'm back at the cabin as ordered, but you can't expect me not to worry. Have there been any developments?

Jack

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1534 MT 26 06 2004 SUBJECT: Sam

Janet,

The general told me that they are going to try and get SG 1 out this evening. Is there anything else I need to know? God Janet, I'm tearing my hair out up here. Suddenly, I understand what Sara went through. The SGC can't afford to lose her. I can't afford to lose her, not now. Maybe fate is finally catching up with me.

Jack

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 1542 MT 26 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Sam

Colonel,

There is absolutely nothing that you could have done that would have made any difference. The General is telling you everything. We have no reason to believe that any of SG 1 are even injured. SG 6 and 15 know what they are doing so don't blame this on yourself, Jack. As my daughter put it, it's love and it's going to have a happy ending. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Janet

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1555 MT 26 06 2004 SUBJECT: love

I hope you and Cassie are right, because if you aren't, then I don't know what I'll do. To start with, Hammond can forget his party.

Jack

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 1600 MT 26 06 2004 SUBJECT: Jack

Sir,

I'm concerned about Colonel O'Neill. He is very concerned and he is hiding his fear with anger.

Janet

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1604 MT 26 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Jack

I know doctor, but there isn't anything else I can do. If it doesn't work out tonight, I'll bring him back to the base. Until then, there isn't much else we can do, except try to reassure him.

General Hammond

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 1620 MT 26 06 2004 SUBJECT: Developments

Jack,

There has been no change in the situation since yesterday. I'm going to the control room to supervise the rescue from there, but I will have someone contact you as soon as I am able to.

George

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1833 MT 26 06 2004 SUBJECT: We've got them!

Doctor,

All of SG 1 were rescued and they are all alive although Daniel Jackson has two broken ankles which means they are having to stretcher him back without alerting the natives to their location. The medical team should be ready as soon as they get back through the gate, which SG 6 estimates will be about 2100.

General Hammond

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov SENT: 1846 MT 26 06 2004 SUBJECT: SG 1

SG 1 have been rescued, they are all alive. Jonas is fine. They are due back at 2100, you can be in the infirmary but you are not to treat Jonas Quinn.

Doctor Fraiser

FROM: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1850 MT 26 06 2004 SUBJECT: Jonas

Thank you ma'am!

Lieutenant Rush

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 2101 MT 26 06 2004 SUBJECT: Home!

Jack,

SG 1 have just gated home with SG 6 and SG 15. They are all well, except for Doctor Jackson who has two broken ankles. Doctor Fraiser is keeping them all in overnight to rest, but they will all make a full recovery.

George

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 2104 MT 26 06 2004 SUBJECT: Thank you

General,

Thank you. I would also like to apologise for anything I may have said over the last two days.

Jack

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 2106 MT 26 06 2004 SUBJECT: My team

Are they really okay Doc?

Jack

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 2110 MT 26 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Thank you

Apology accepted Jack, we were all worried about them. I'll see you on the 4th, you will need a short speech.

George

P.S. My granddaughters want to know when you are going to visit them? Something about showing Tessa some new tricks on her yo-yo.

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 2323 MT 26 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: My team

Yes, Colonel. They are all fine. It will take Daniel a while to get back on his feet, the rest have bruises but nothing more serious. I'm keeping them all in the infirmary until tomorrow afternoon, so you won't be able to contact them until then, they need to rest. Now I'm going home to see my daughter and to get some sleep,

Janet

CHAPTER 7:

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 1030 MT 27 06 2004 SUBJECT: Morning

Good morning Jack!

Sam (Simmonds devotion has some advantages, one of which is; he smuggled me my laptop)

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1032 MT 27 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Morning

And good morning to you too! So come on then Carter, how did you manage to get yourself captured on an `uninhabited' planet? Isn't that the sort of thing the jarheads are supposed to do?

It's good to have you back, Sam,

Jack

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 1040 MT 27 06 2004 SUBJECT: Getting caught

Firstly *sir*, how were we supposed to know that there were natives when we had seen no evidence of inhabitation? And how many times have we been ambushed when you have been in command? As we trekked to the site, Daniel and Jonas were having a `friendly' discussion about the exact translation of some Goa'uld artefacts that SG 12 brought back from their last mission. Daniel wasn't looking where he was going, and he fell down a hole that had been loosely covered. It was.......

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 1058 MT 27 06 2004 SUBJECT: Getting caught- continued

Sorry about that, Janet came in, and I had to hide the laptop. Anyway, as we were trying to pull Daniel out, we were ambushed There were too many of them for us to fight, and even if we had, we wouldn't have been able to run far with Daniel. They stuck us in a cage until SG 6 and 15 pulled us out. Daniel and Jonas tried to negotiate, but they weren't listening and Daniel was so doped up on pain killers, that I don't think he was at his best. Jonas wants to use the computer, so I've got to go.

Sam

P.S. Why didn't I get welcome home cookies like Jonas?

FROM: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov SENT: 1103 MT 27 06 2004 SUBJECT: Cookies

Becky,

The cookies were great; I especially liked the Banana bits. I can't wait to see you again.

Jonas

FROM: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov TO: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov SENT: 1106 MT 27 06 2004 SUBJECT: A secret

Promise not to tell Doctor Fraiser, but I'm still on base. As soon as she goes to lunch one of the nurses is going to tell me and I'll sneak in for a bit.

Love you, Becky

FROM: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov SENT: 1107 MT 27 06 2004 SUBJECT:

I love you too, Becky.

Jonas (I have to give the computer back now,but I will see you at lunch time.)

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1108 MT 27 06 2004 SUBJECT: Laptop

Sam,

If you think that I didn't see the laptop you were hiding under your pillow, then you are sadly mistaken, the power cable trailing from your bed is a bit of a giveaway. Colonel O'Neill would have waited until this afternoon; I know this for certain, just like I know that Lieutenant Rush is going to be waiting for me to go for lunch for a long time, as I brought sandwiches in with me!

Janet

P.S. On this occasion I won't confiscate your computer on the grounds that you would probably find another way to contact him.

FROM: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1108 27 06 2004 SUBJECT: Jonas

He said he LOVES ME!!!!! I'm so happy.

Becky (It does mean the same thing as on Kelnowna, doesn't it?)

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov SENT: 1113 27 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Jonas

Yes, it means the same thing on Kelnowna. I'm glad it is going so well for the two of you Have you decided where you are going on your next date?

Sam

P.S. Jonas is as excited as you. He hasn't stopped grinning all morning - just be glad Colonel O'Neill isn't here.

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov SENT: 1145 MT 27 06 2004 SUBJECT: Betting pools

Hey Louis,

In the excitement of the last few days I quite forgot an interesting conversation I had with someone about one of your betting pools. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Jack

P.S. I hear Daniel gives very reasonably priced lessons in Abydonian. You're gonna need them.

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov SENT: 1149 MT 27 06 2004 SUBJECT: Injuries

Get well soon, Space Monkey! Seriously though, well done, Danny boy, Sam tells me you tried to negotiate even where you were in lots of pain. I know what broken ankles are like, but you'll be okay in a few weeks.

Jack

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 1450 MT 27 06 2004 SUBJECT: Progress!

The others finally got discharged from the infirmary but Sam left me her laptop so I can write to you. There is definitely something going on between Sam and Jack. When we were away, Sam got a nice black eye from one of our guards after he told her that we were trespassing and the punishment was life imprisonment. She said `for crying out loud.' And this morning when she sweet talked Simmonds into getting her laptop, we all thought she was working, in fact she was e-mailing Jack. Let's just hope they finally get their act together!

Daniel

P.S. Your mom told me you are going to France, it's a beautiful country.

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 2234 MT 27 06 2004 SUBJECT: Goodnight

Goodnight Jack!

Sam

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 2247 MT 27 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Goodnight

It feels good to be able to do this again!

Night, Sam,

Jack

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0423 MT 28 06 2004 SUBJECT: Morning

Rise and shine! Morning, Sam.

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0915 MT 28 06 2004 SUBJECT: Morning

I have the day off - I thought you did to. Why are you awake at 0423???

Sam

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 0918 MT 28 06 2004 SUBJECT: Shopping?

Jan,

We've both got the day off, so do you fancy some shopping after I've been in to visit Daniel? Give me a call.

Sam

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov, Teal'c mr_t@sgc.gov, Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov, Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov, Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov SENT: 1233 MT 28 06 2004 SUBJECT: Gift for Jack

I was thinking (I've got a lot of time on my hands at the moment) that we should get a retirement present for Jack. What do you think? Any suggestions about what we should buy?

Daniel

P.S. Thanks for visiting, Sam. The real coffee was great, now I've just got to persuade the nurses to make it for me.

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1244 MT 28 06 2004 SUBJECT: Early mornings

Dawn fishing Sam! It's the best time of the day to do it. I can sit on the dock and watch the sun rise. Then I have lunch and go back to sleep for a few hours. It's a great way to spend a day and it involves very little work... When I finally get you here, I'm hiding your computer and all your books, so you'll have to relax.

Jack

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 1957 MT 28 06 2004 SUBJECT: Day's off

I'm still invited to go ?fishing then? I might not be when you find out about the latest plans for your leaving party. They're calling all our off world teams back so they are present for a speech of thanks by the Secretary of Defence and Hammond isn't sending any non essential missions out this week. I would also like to point out that I had the day off today, and I haven't done any work. Janet and I have been shopping and spending time with Cassie. I can't believe that she is going away for a year.

Sam

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov SENT: 2002 MT 28 06 2004 SUBJECT: Present

Good idea, Daniel. I'll think about it tonight and let you know tomorrow.

Sam

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 2201 MT 28 06 2004 SUBJECT: Fishing

You're still invited fishing although I may not turn up for my party. Maybe Thor could make a clone of me? Night, Sam,

Jack

P.S. While I was away, I caught a fish just for you. It's in my freezer.

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 2259 MT 28 06 2004 SUBJECT: Goodnight

Just sit back and enjoy it. You were the one who said we never got a fanfare for saving the world; consider this your fanfare.

Goodnight, Jack

P.S. I don't mind if you eat the fish before I get there.

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0421 MT 29 06 2004 SUBJECT: Morning

Morning, Sam.

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0915 MT 29 06 2004 SUBJECT: Morning

0421!! As long as you don't expect me to get up at 0421 when I'm there.

Sam

FROM: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0918 MT 29 06 2004 SUBJECT: HELP!

Sam,

My parents have decided to pay me a surprise visit and they want to meet Jonas. What am I going to do?

Becky

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov SENT: 0923 MT 29 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: HELP!

Calm down. The first thing you need to do is tell Jonas. When do your parents get in?

Sam

FROM: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0925 MT 29 06 2004 SUBJECT: Parents

They're flying in tonight. I'm supposed to be going out with Jonas tomorrow. I've only been going out with him for two weeks, but I talked about him so much to my parents, that they want to meet him. If I ever tell my mother anything about my personal life again, remember to shoot me.

Becky

FROM: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov TO: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov SENT: 0926 MT 29 06 2004 SUBJECT: My parents

Hey babe,

I know it's soon but my parents are coming in tonight and they want to meet you for dinner tomorrow. Is that okay? Becky

FROM: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov SENT: 0929 MT 29 06 2004 SUBJECT: Parents

Becky,

I would love to meet your parents. They sound like wonderful people. Do I need to present them with any gifts?

Jonas

FROM: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov SENT: 0946 MT 29 06 2004 SUBJECT: Parents

Daniel,

I need to know about earth customs. Becky's parents are coming to town and I don't want to do anything to offend them. What is the ceremonial procedure?

Jonas

FROM: Teal'c mr_t@sgc.gov TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 1010 MT 29 06 2004 SUBJECT:

General Hammond,

My son arrives tomorrow and I would like permission to take him to the surface of this world.

Teal'c

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Teal'c mr_t@sgc.gov SENT: 1231 MT 29 06 2004 SUBJECT: Ryac

I will see what I can do, Teal'c.

General Hammond

FROM: Teal'c mr_t@sgc.gov TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov SENT: 1233 MT 29 06 2004 SUBJECT: Present

Daniel Jackson,

I suggest the Simpsons on DVD as a present for Colonel O'Neill.

FROM: Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov SENT: 1246 MT 29 06 2004 SUBJECT: Jack's present

Danny,

Personally I think you should get Jack `that' blue dress, or at least a copy of it. He talked about it for weeks!!!

Louis

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov, Teal'c mr_t@sgc.gov, Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov, Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov, Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov SENT: 1537 MT 29 06 2004 SUBJECT: A present for Jack

Guys I still haven't come up with anything to get for Jack. Teal'c, the Simpsons DVD's were a good idea, but I think it should be something that he wouldn't buy for himself.

Daniel

P.S. Ferretti I am not even going to acknowledge your suggestion with a response. And no, before you suggest it, we are not getting a stripper either.

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov SENT: 1546 MT 29 06 2004 SUBJECT: Parents

Jonas, There is no official procedure. Just be yourself, but be polite and look smart. If you are really desperate for dating advice, ask Cassie to borrow her FRIENDS videos.

Daniel

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 2258 MT 29 06 2004 SUBJECT: Goodnight

Jack,

Maybe you should talk to Jonas. He's going to meet Becky's parents and he's very nervous.

Goodnight, Sam

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 2201 MT 28 06 2004 SUBJECT: You father

Jonas and Becky's parents. Are Dad and Selmak coming to my party?

Night, Sam,

Jack

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0433 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT: Dad

Morning, Sam. I need to know if Jacob is coming, because if he is, then I am definitely not. Sam, a zat is a lot more effective than a shot gun!

Jack

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0912 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Dad

Don't panic, Jack. My father will not shoot you because he knows what I will do with him if he does. Besides, Selmak is on your side...

Sam

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0915 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Re: Dad

I've got to rely on a snake to watch my six??!?!!?

Jack

FROM: Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov TO: All SGC personnel excluding SG1, the General and Doctor Fraiser everyone-SG1@sgc.gov SENT: 0929 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT: New pool

Our favourite couple - guess the date of the wedding. Minimum bet $20.

Louis Ferretti

P.S. Bite me Simmonds!

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Teal'c mr_t@sgc.gov SENT: 0954 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT: Ryac

You have permission to take Ry'ac to the surface and into Colorado springs for the afternoon as long as you take a member of the SGC with you. However Bra'tac will have to stay on base.

General Hammond

FROM: Teal'c mr_t@sgc.gov TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 1002 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Ry'ac

Thank you, General Hammond

FROM: Teal'c mr_t@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1004 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT: my son

I would appreciate it if you would accompany myself and my son when we visit Colorado Springs this afternoon.

FROM: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov SENT: 1332 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT: Poker

Okay Graham, I'm sorry for everything I said. But hey, the boss is off this afternoon. Come down and make up our four for poker?

Johnny

FROM: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov TO: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov SENT: 1336 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Poker

You just want someone to win money off. Besides I am too busy; General Hammond has got me organising Colonel O'Neill's retirement party.

Graham

FROM: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov SENT: 1339 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT: Money

You got me! Now are you in?

FROM: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov TO: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov SENT: 1345 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Money

I'm not playing. Johnny, I'm so happy, as part of my responsibilities I've been given a guest list. Guess who is on it?............. LAIRA!!!!!!!

Graham

FROM: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov SENT: 1346 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT: Laira?

Laira ?

FROM: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov TO: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov SENT: 1348 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT: LAIRA

Laira is the person who is going to give me a chance with my angel... Sam will never go for O'Neill with her present.

Johnny

CHAPTER 8:

FROM: Master Bra'tac funkydude@hotmail.com TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 1455 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT:

HAMMOND OF TEXAS. I AM PLEASED TO ACCEPT YOUR HOSPITALITY FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS AND TO HAVE THE CHANCE TO HONOUR A GREAT WARRIOR. YOUR E MAIL IS A MOST INTRIGUING INVENTION, I WOULD LIKE TO `SURF THE NET' ON CHULAK. WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO ARRANGE THIS?

YOUR FRIEND BRA'TAC

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: SGC personnel allpersonnel@sgc.gov SENT: 1502 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT: Base security

Over the next few days, there will be a number of aliens staying on the base. I order them to be shown every courtesy. However I do not expect them to be shown how to access the base computer system!

General Hammond

P.S. The person that got Bra'tac an e-mail address should tell him that it is considered rude to write in capital letters.

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov, Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov, Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov, Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov SENT: 1645 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT: Jack's present

When Teal'c and I were out this afternoon we got the perfect present for Jack. It's a life size inflatable Thor!! There is also a matching writing set, boxer shorts and photo frame. Can you all be in my lab at 1830, so we can take a picture to put in it?

Sam

FROM: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1653 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT: Tonight

Can we be quick, Sam? Becky and I are leaving here at 1900 to meet her parents for dinner.

Jonas

P.S. Should I wear a tie? Do I need to call her father `sir'?

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov SENT: 1659 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT: Tonight

Don't worry so much. Call Becky and ask her what you should do, but most of all just relax and try to enjoy yourself.

Sam

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1901 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT: Alien visitors

Sam,

I've just had the list of alien visitors to the SGC. I don't know how to say this but Laira is going to act as ambassador for Edora.

Janet

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1946 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT: Laira

Honey, are you okay? I went down to your lab but it was locked. Your sergeant said that you had gone home, but you aren't answering you phone.

Janet

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1949 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Laira

I'm fine, really. I just need to be alone right now. This was always going to happen some day, I just guess I thought it would be after we had something definite between us. What if he decides that he wants to retire to Edora again?

Sam

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 2249 MT 30 06 2004 SUBJECT: Goodnight

`Night, Sam

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0456 MT 01 07 2004 SUBJECT: Lie in

See, I stayed in bed late this morning!

Jack

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1010 MT 01 07 2004 SUBJECT: Where are you?

Is everything okay?

Jack

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1015 MT 01 07 2004 SUBJECT: Sam

Hey doc,

Is everything alright with Sam? She hasn't been speaking to me.

Jack

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 1023 MT 01 07 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Sam

Sam found out yesterday that Laira is on the guest list. She went home early last night and this morning she has locked herself in her lab. Maybe you could try and talk to her?

Janet?

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1030 MT 01 07 2004 SUBJECT: Guests

Oh for crying out loud! Why doesn't somebody tell me about these things? Next thing you know Anise will be coming and bringing Cynthia with her.

Jack

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 1033 MT 01 07 2004 SUBJECT: Anise

Well actually Anise is on this list, she's coming with Jacob and Garshaw.

Janet

P.S. But the good news, Cynthia on the other hand can't make it

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1038 MT 01 07 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Anise

I'm gonna shoot somebody. Remind me again why I agreed to do this??

Jack

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1056 MT 01 07 2004 SUBJECT: My ex girlfriends

Sam, I'm sorry if I hurt you when I was on Edora. I guess it's something that we have never really talked about, but we should when I get back. I also never thanked you for bringing me home, although it may not have looked like it at the time, I am glad to be back. There is no way I would ever go back to Edora now, and I'm sure Laira has moved on with her life. On the day though, it's not Laira I'm worried about, it's Anise. What on earth possessed General Hammond when he agreed to have her back on the base??!!? Maybe we can stick her in the infirmary with Daniel......

Jack

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 1103 MT 01 07 2004 SUBJECT: Anise

We'll talk when you get home. I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions, I just didn't expect to hear her name again. As for Anise; General Hammond only agreed on the condition that she didn't bring any of her science projects with her. We're allowed to go through all her belongings before she leaves the ramp! It would be a bit cruel to leave her with Daniel who can't run away, how about Ferretti instead?

Sam

FROM: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1455 MT 01 07 2004 SUBJECT: Parents

Sam,

I'm scared. My parents loved Jonas. My mother told me afterwards that she thought he was cute! She's promised to send him cookies every week and he promised to phone her. HELP... Even my father liked him, although what they found to talk about I don't know, my father started talking about a wedding. We've only been going out for two weeks, what if they scared Jonas off?

Becky

FROM: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov TO: Teal'c mr_t@sgc.gov SENT: 1456 MT 01 07 2004 SUBJECT: Becky's parents

Teal'c,

Last night was amazing. Becky's parents are wonderful. Her mother makes the most amazing homemade bread, it melts in your mouth. And she has promised to send me cookies each week. Teal'c, she made this cake as well, I could have eaten the whole thing. When she found out that I didn't have parents, she said that she would ring me each week, like she does Becky.

Jonas

FROM: Teal'c mr_t@sgc.gov TO: Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov SENT: 1500 MT 01 07 2004 SUBJECT: no subject

I believe it is customary on earth to dislike your mother in law. O'Neill referred to them as the second most scary person after the father in law. I must go, Ry'ac is about to beat my top score on Tetris and the episode of Oprah that Bra'tac was watching has finished.

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 2147 MT 01 07 2004 SUBJECT: Goodnight Jack

Goodnight Jack. Two days and counting!

Sam

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 2222 MT 01 07 2004 SUBJECT: Two days

Remember, we've got to get through the `party' first. I think torture would be a more appropriate word.

Night Sam,

Jack

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0401 MT 02 07 2004 SUBJECT: Morning

I'm setting out for Colorado this morning. See you soon, Sam.

Jack

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0931 MT 02 07 2004 SUBJECT: Home

I hope you've got your speech ready!

Sam

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0933 MT 02 07 2004 SUBJECT: Good news

There are two representatives coming from Edora. Laira and a man named Cyaman. They have requested married quarters for the night!

Janet

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Rebecca Rush lieurrush@sgc.gov SENT: 0945 MT 02 07 2004 SUBJECT: Parents

Becky,

You are going out with an alien, some things are going to be different. Just be glad they get on.

Sam

P.S. Judging by Jonas' smile yesterday, I don't thing you have anything to worry about.

FROM: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov SENT: 1016 MT 02 07 2004 SUBJECT: Your plan

I hate to say this buddy, but I think your plan failed. The Major has been smiling all morning and making us work twice as hard.

Johnny

FROM: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov TO: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov SENT: 1032 MT 02 07 2006 SUBJECT: Re: Your plan

If Major Carter is happy, then I am happy, that is all I ever wanted.

Graham

P.S. Have you ever noticed how beautiful Captain Hailey is when she smiles.

FROM: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov SENT: 1034 MT 02 07 2004 SUBJECT: Hailey

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

FROM: The President POTUS@whitehouse.gov TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 1214 MT 02 07 2004 SUBJECT: The party ATTACHMENTS: Speech.doc

George,

I know my attendance at the party is supposed to be a secret to provide security, but I need you to go through my speech to make sure that I am not going to offend anybody. Not only have I got to please various alien races, I've also got to keep the Russians and the Chinese happy. At a guess, I would imagine that Colonel O'Neill is not happy about being the centre of attention. He's a good man, I only wish I could honour him publicly. Hopefully, my approval of Major Carter's promotion will soften the blow.

With thanks,

The President

P.S. How are Kayla and Tessa? Did they like the Christmas card I sent them?

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 2301 MT 02 07 2004 SUBJECT: Goodnight

I know you're on the road, but I couldn't resist doing this. It seems like we only don't do it when something is wrong.

Goodnight Jack,

Sam

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: SGC personnel allpersonnel@sgc.gov SENT: 0830 MT 03 07 2004 SUBJECT: Final arrangements

By this stage, everybody should have been assigned a role for tomorrow. I would like to remind all personnel that the entire SGC will be on display, and we must do our best to give a good impression. You are the best that this country has got, the best I have ever worked with, and this is our chance to prove that.

General Hammond

P.S. Colonel O'Neill's retirement is official after the he has made his speech. I do not expect any encouragement for resolution of betting pools (which I do not know formally exist) to begin until this time.

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0834 MT 03 07 2004 SUBJECT: Special duties

Major,

Tomorrow, I am assigning you special duties. I don't mind what you do, but I want you to keep Colonel O'Neill occupied while he is on base.

General Hammond

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0915 MT 03 07 2004 SUBJECT: Tonight

I didn't realise so many freeway stops had internet terminals. Anyway, it looks like I might be home a bit earlier tonight than planned. I was thinking that maybe we could go to dinner, just the two of us, before the chaos tomorrow. Just a suggestion, I won't be offended if you say no.

Jack

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0917 MT 03 07 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Tonight

I would love to go to dinner with you, Jack. We can say goodnight in person Call me as soon as you are ready.

Sam

FROM: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov SENT: 1109 MT 03 07 2004 SUBJECT: The party

Daniel,

How are you feeling? Are you being allowed to go to the party tomorrow?

Cassie

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 1343 MT 03 07 2004 SUBJECT: Re: The party

Your mom said I can go if I use a wheel chair. I'll be stuck watching from the control room hiding from Anise. Why?

Daniel

FROM: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov SENT: 1346 MT 03 07 2004 SUBJECT: A Favour

So, if you are going to be in the control room you could use a computer? I'm not allowed to come to this party and I really want to know what is going to happen. There will finally be no regulations between them, I can just imagine the scene. Jack making his final salute to General Hammond and then taking Sam in his arms and dancing beneath the stargate. (I can't believe they are having dancing in the gate room!) I was thinking that you could send me e-mails telling me what is going on, I want to know the second something happens.

Cassie

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 1353 MT 03 07 2004 SUBJECT: Re: A Favour

I know I will regret this but okay, why not? It will give me someone to talk to. And if Anise asks, I can say I am doing essential work. But don't be too disappointed if nothing happens; neither of them are big on showing their feelings in public and I can't see Jack making a big gesture.

Daniel

FROM: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov SENT: 1355 MT 03 07 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Re: A Favour

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1834 MT 03 07 2004 SUBJECT: What were.....

...you smiling about when you were in with Daniel a minute ago? Never mind, you can tell me tonight when we celebrate your last night as a single woman. 2000 at Barneys?

Janet

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1836 MT 03 07 2004 SUBJECT: Sorry!

I've got plans tonight. Actually, I'm late. Got to run! I promise I will tell you tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Sam

CHAPTER 9:

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0734 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Morning

Hey Sammie,

What a beautiful morning it is!

Jack

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0737 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Morning

With respect *sir*. If you didn't have to appear in front of a room full of people this afternoon, I would have rearranged your face by now. I am never again to be called SAMMIE. But it is a beautiful morning, would you like to join me in the lab for coffee.

Sam

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0759 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: The truth

You promised you would tell me what you were doing last night. I saw you getting out of the car this morning and you were humming to yourself. What are your orders for today?

Janet

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 0802 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Last night

Janet,

My specific orders for today are to keep the colonel occupied. I was planning on spending the morning in my lab, there is a nice piece of useless technology that he can dismantle while I do some work. The ceremony starts at four, so after lunch we are going to hide from Freya and Anise and then he has to start greeting guests.

Sam

P.S. Jack got back earlier than expected. We had dinner. We talked. I'm not telling you anymore than that.

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0805 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Daniel

When this is all over I expect details !!! Feel free to come and see Daniel at any time, he's driving me mad. (But *please* confiscate anything from the colonel that could cause destruction.)

Janet

FROM: Colonel I Chekhov colichecov@army.rus TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 1234 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Insults

General,

I have just been called young by a strange creature dressed in no more than rags. The Russian government will not stand for this type of insult, they should be removed from the ceremony at once.

Colonel Chekhov

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Colonel I Chekhov colichecov@army.rus SENT: 1241 MT 04 07 2006 SUBJECT: The Nox

Colonel,

I can assure you this was not meant as an insult. The Nox are a peace loving people whose technology is far in advance of our own, and may I remind you, Colonel, that this is a retirement party not a government summit. These people are here to honour a fine officer, not to sign international treaties.

General Hammond.

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: SGC personnel allpersonnel@sgc.gov SENT: 1246 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: The Nox

Would the officer accompanying Lya of the Nox, please make sure that she stays away from any politicians, particularly Russian or Chinese. Could those officers accompanying politicians, particularly Russian or Chinese, make sure they stay away from Colonel O'Neill.

General Hammond

P.S. Security on the base must be maintained, as it has just been confirmed that the President will be attending the ceremony.

FROM: Lieutenant Robert Jones lieurjones@sgc.gov TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 1253 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Edoran delegation

Sir,

I am accompanying the ambassadors from Edora, they are most adamant that they want to see Colonel O'Neill. Is this permitted?

Lieutenant Jones

FROM: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 1300 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Thor

Sir,

Thor has just beamed into the middle of the mess. The mess sergeant is worried about health and safety, is it possible that any diseases could be transmitted?

Lieutenant Simmonds

FROM: The President POTUS@whitehouse.gov TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 1301 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Speech

George,

How is my speech?

The president

FROM: Colonel Jonathon O'Neill coljoneill@sgc.gov TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 1303 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: diplomacy

Sir,

I resent the implication that I cannot be diplomatic. Ask Thor; he'll back me up.

Colonel O'Neill

FROM: Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 1304 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Wodan and Egar

Sir,

Were you aware that Wodan and Egar have retained the extra powers given to them by Nirrti? Wodan has been levitating Siler's wrench.

Major Ferretti

FROM: General Jacob Carter genjcarter@sgc.gov TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 1307 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: My daughter

George, what have you been doing to my daughter? She looks amazing. Nothing has happened between her and Jack has it, he hasn't retired yet?!

Jacob

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1309 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Headache

Doctor,

Would you please have a nurse bring some aspirin to my office.

General Hammond

FROM: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov SENT: 1421 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Tonight

Hey Daniel,

I want to check that we are still on for tonight; I need to know every detail!

Cassie

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov, Teal'c mr_t@sgc.gov, Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov, Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov, Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov SENT: 1434 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Jack's present

We'll meet at 1500 in the infirmary to give Jack his present before the ceremony starts. Daniel, I'll have Jonas pick you up and take you to the control room then. My dad is going to keep Anise busy so she doesn't see you.

Sam

FROM: Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1436 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Meeting

Sam,

I gotta bring Wodan and Egar with me. General's orders that I don't leave them alone.

Ferretti

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1503 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Our meeting

Well that was certainly interesting Jan! I would never have had Ferretti down as liking you, it's just a shame that Egar had to read him mind for it to come out.

Sam

P.S. I think Jack really liked his present, although we better hide it for the next few hours. He said that he would sabotage the ceremony by hanging the blow doll from the stargate and telling Thor that Kinsey had killed his sister!

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1505 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Embarrassment

I am going to die of embarrassment. I can't believe Ferretti. Please tell me you won't say anything to anyone, perhaps we can pretend it didn't happen.

Janet

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1510 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Embarrassment

I won't say anything, but I'm not the one you have to worry about. I don't think Jack will let Ferretti live it down. But look on the bright side, at least he wasn't thinking about you naked, you did have a bikini to cover you. And you could do worse than Ferretti. I have to go to the Gateroom but we'll talk later.

Sam

FROM: Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov TO: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov SENT: 1510 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Sorry

Doctor,

I am so sorry. I didn't mean to think it, I tried not to, but it was just impossible.

Ferretti

FROM: Colonel Jonathon O'Neill coljoneill@sgc.gov TO: Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov SENT: 1511 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Smooth!

Nice one, Ferretti. I never had you down as liking the doc. I really am gonna have to thank Egar for letting us in on that secret. It almost makes up for the betting pools.

Jack

FROM: Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov TO: Colonel Jonathon O'Neill coljoneill@sgc.gov SENT: 1512 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT:

With respect Jack, shut up! It took an alien with mind reading abilities and six years for anybody to know how I felt about the doc. It took you three weeks and two beers to tell me what you felt for Major Carter.

Ferretti

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 1557 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: The ceremony

Hi Cassie, as requested, I'm going to tell you everything that happens tonight, starting with the layout of the room below.... I'm sitting in the control room so I have a great view of the gate room below. All the guests are seated, all the officers and soldiers from the base are standing to attention. The general is at the podium on the top of the ramp with lots of military officials to his left. They are all standing as the President comes into the room with two secret service agents, General Hammond has introduced him and now he is going up the ramp. Sam and Jack are standing next to each other at the foot of the ramp with the rest of SG1, they both look incredible in their dress blues and Hammond looks so proud of them.

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 1614 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: The ceremony pt 2

The Presidents speech was perfect. He thanked everyone for coming and welcomed all the guests - he even shook hands with Thor. Then he talked about the heroism of all the people who work at the SGC before moving on to SG 1 and Jack. Your mom looked like she was about to cry. The general is back at the podium now.

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 1636 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: The ceremony pt 3

I think even Jack must be blushing by now. After the President one ambassador from each planet present has been up and said something about Jack. Laira thanked him and Sam for all they had done and then her and Sam shook hands before she kissed Jack on the cheek. Even Garshaw acknowledged how much SG 1 had done for the Tok'ra. Bra'tac's speech was my favourite; he called Jack a formidable warrior who would be a great loss to the fight against the Goa'uld. Now it's General Hammond's turn.

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 1640 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: The ceremony pt 4

Hammond has just promoted Sam to Lieutenant Colonel! Jack must have known about it, he's grinning like anything and she looks so happy. Just Jack's speech to go, and then they are going to clear the floor and have food and dancing.

FROM: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov SENT: 1641 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Jack's speech

Has Jack said anything about Sam? Tell me what is happening!!

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 1644 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Jack's speech

Nothing happened. I thought for a minute that he was going to say something when he paused but nothing happened, he just made a lame joke. You could see everyone holding their breath. Jack has just made his final salute and is coming down the ramp towards Sa......

FROM: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov SENT: 1646 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Re: Jack's speech

What's happening?

FROM: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov SENT: 1647 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Re: Re: Jack's speech

Daniel TELL ME NOW. It is just cruel to leave me hanging like this. And don't forget my mom knows how to cause you lots of pain!

FROM: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov SENT: 1648 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Re: Re: Jack's speech

DANIEL!!!!!!

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 1650 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Jack and Sam at last

Jack walked slowly off the ramp looking Sam straight in the eyes all the way down. He stopped when he was almost touching her and said three words. `I'm retired, Colonel'. Then she smiled and he kissed her, right there, in front of everyone and they all started clapping and cheering. I saw General Hammond slapping Jacob on the back, Jonas and Becky hugging each other, Thor was standing on a chair, even Teal'c smiled!

FROM: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov SENT: 1654 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: I was right!

I'm so excited!! It's about time though; I thought they would never make it. Thanks for doing this for me, Daniel.

Cassie

P.S. I wonder who won the pool.

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 1656 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Tonight

I have to go, Cassie. Siler has promised to wheel me out before Anise gets a chance to come up here.

Daniel

FROM: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov TO: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com SENT: 2100 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Dancing

Tonight has been amazing. At the moment, Garshaw is dancing with General Hammond, Sam is in Jack's arms as she has been all night except for when she danced with her father. Becky and Jonas disappeared a long time ago and the last time I saw your mom she was leaving with Major Ferretti. For one night, the Jaffa and the Tok'ra have called a truce, Teal'c has rescued me from the clutches of Anise. I think more has been done in the fight against the Goual'd tonight than has been done in centuries because all of the people who want to see their downfall have come together on equal terms to celebrate the career of one amazing man. When I first met Jack, I thought he was just a dumb military man who was determined to shoot everything he didn't trust. Sometimes he drives me up the wall However many times I tell him I am not called Space Monkey, he just doesn't get it. He can be tactless and pig headed, but despite it all, the galaxy loves him, and he's my best friend.

Daniel

FROM: Cassandra Fraiser aliens_rock@hotmail.com TO: Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov SENT: 2113 MT 04 07 2004 SUBJECT: Jack

Daniel, have you been drinking? Seriously that was really nice. I promise never to tell Jack. Now go, and enjoy yourself, I have to sit up and worry about what my Mom is getting up to.

Cassie

FROM: General Jacob Carter genjcarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 0637 MT 05 07 2004 SUBJECT: My daughter

I have to leave Earth now, but I want to ask you to look after my daughter. Remember Selmak is hundreds of years old, and knows lots of innovative ways to cause you pain.

Jacob

FROM: General Jacob Carter genjcarter@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 0638 MT 05 07 2004 SUBJECT: Be happy

I hope he makes you happy Sam, don't tell him this, but he's a good man even if he will never be good enough for you.

Dad

P.S. If he ever hurts you just let me know.

FROM: Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov TO: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov SENT: 1030 MT 05 07 2004 SUBJECT: Your winnings

Congratulations on winning the pool, General. I will have the winnings delivered to your office by lunch time.

Major Ferretti

FROM: General George Hammond genghammond@sgc.gov TO: Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov SENT: 1032 MT 05 07 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Your winnings.

Save the money until we have to buy them a wedding present. I don't think that will be too far in the future.

General Hammond

FROM: Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 1101 MT 05 07 2004 SUBJECT: A date

Sam,

Forget everything I said yesterday. Louis asked me out on a date this weekend! You have to help me prepare.

Janet

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov, Daniel Jackson djackson@sgc.gov, Teal'c mr_t@sgc.gov, Jonas Quinn jquinn@sgc.gov, Doctor Janet Fraiser majjfraiser@sgc.gov, Major Louis Ferretti majlferetti@sgc.gov SENT: 1456 MT 05 07 2004 SUBJECT: Present

Thanks for the present, kids. I loaned the blow up doll to Thor; I thought he could use it as a decoy when he's in battle.

Jack

FROM: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov TO: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov SENT: 1505 MT 05 07 2004 SUBJECT: Last night

Last night must have been hard for you, man. If you need a drinking buddy you know where I am.

Johnny

FROM: Lieutenant Graham Simmonds lieugsimmonds@sgc.gov TO: Sergeant John Taylor sargjtaylor@sgc.gov SENT: 1507 MT 05 07 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Last night

Yesterday evening was fantastic. Captain Hailey is just as smart and beautiful as Lieutenant Colonel Carter, and she isn't in love with her commanding officer.

Graham

P.S. I got some great photographs of her, do you think she would mind if I put them in my locker?

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 2334 MT 05 07 2004 SUBJECT: Goodnight Sam

`Night Sam. We have to get up early tomorrow to go fishing.

Jack

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 2336 MT 05 07 2004 SUBJECT: Goodnight

Jack, I'm in the next room. You could do this in person.

Sam

FROM: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com TO: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov SENT: 2337 MT 05 07 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Goodnight It's a tradition, Sam. And this way, I know when you are working on your vacation because you are sitting at your computer.

`Night Sam.

Jack

FROM: Major Samantha Carter majscarter@sgc.gov TO: Jack O'Neill jackfishes@yahoo.com SENT: 2339 MT 05 07 2004 SUBJECT: Re: Re: Goodnight

You win, I'm coming to bed.

Goodnight Jack.

THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Hope you enjoyed it) I'll see you all again in part 2.....

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Jenny L