Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Sunsphere

by LE McMurray
[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung:
This was too big for the site so I had to split it in two.
Claire paced the briefing room while Mel sat watching her. Jack was sitting at the head of the table drumming his fingers as they waited for Daniel to appear. Jack had called their wayward archaeologist discovering he’d not yet left his house but Jack distinctly heard Sha’re’s soft laughter in the background and had a good idea what Daniel’s reason for being late was. He watched the couple as they waited for their son to arrive, they were wondering what was going on. Thankfully since the blast shield was covering the window they couldn’t see the Gate so Jack was only fielding questions about why Daniel wasn’t there.

“Sorry,” Daniel said as he entered, Sha’re at his side his hand holding hers, “We lost track of time.”

Jack rolled his eyes before motioning to sit down; pleased to see Daniel had obviously worked out whatever had been bothering him concerning his wife. Daniel held out the seat for Sha’re before taking the seat at her side.

“Where’s Janet?” Daniel asked as his parents took their seats.

Jack smiled, “She’s taking back her infirmary. Checking your file out especially.”

Daniel shook his head before turning to the people sitting across from him, “Sorry I kept you waiting, Mom, Dad but we got caught up,” he turned to Sha’re who smiled at him, “Before I get into anything else I wanted you to meet Sha’re properly. Mom, Dad, I want you to meet my wife.”

“Really?” Claire gasped before turning to the young woman, “That’s wonderful.”

Mel nodded his agreement, “Now, can you tell us what’s going on?”


Daniel watched his parents as they took in everything he’d just said concerning the Stargate and the last ten years. Jack had opened the shield as SG2 were returning from a mission so they could see it.

He felt sorry for them being thrust into a world so completely different from what they remembered; their son now a grown man with a wife of his own. At that thought Daniel turned to where Sha’re stood, sliding his arm around her waist pulling her close to him.

“And you discovered how this worked?” Mel turned to Daniel.

He nodded, “Star constellations just like you taught me.”

Mel smiled and rested his hand on Daniel’s shoulder, “We are so proud of you, Daniel. This is incredible.”

Daniel felt himself smile at his father’s words, words he’d never thought he’d hear. Sha’re gently squeezed his hand before she moved away from them to speak to Claire.

“So,” Mel said, “What now?”

“Now we have to find out how you’re here again,” Daniel replied, he glanced over to where his wife and mother stood, “Then get you set up somewhere so my brother or sister can have a home.”

“You know?” Mel gasped, slightly annoyed, “I just found out.”

Daniel shrugged embarrassed, “Our doctor had it in the report. Sorry, I didn’t mean...”

“It’s fine,” Mel told him before smiling, “Everything’s just fine.”


Claire turned as Sha’re, her daughter-in-law, appeared at her side.

“It is an incredible thing,” Sha’re said softly, “Is it not?”

Claire laughed, “Everything is incredible. I’m still having a hard time believing all this especially since my baby boy is now a grown man and married. But I also recall being told you’d been dead as well.”

“I was,” Sha’re nodded sadly, “Dan’iel and I have things to work on because for him it has been so long but to me barely a moment had passed since I last saw him. But you do not have to worry; I love him more than anything.”

Claire smiled and squeezed Sha’re’s hand, “I can see that.”

Sha’re smiled back at the other woman, “You are unlike any of my friends mother-in-laws.”

“Now that’s terrifying,” Claire laughed, “You’re my daughter-in-law, oh wow.”

“I am glad you approve,” Sha’re replied.

Claire impulsively hugged the other woman, “Completely, Sha’re. Completely.”

*********************************************

Daniel jogged into the control room, “What’s up?”

“Carter,” Jack nodded to the screen, “She’s got something for you.”

“Sam,” Daniel smiled at his friend as she looked back at him from the monitor, “How’s things in Atlantis?”

Sam shook her head, “The usual. Rodney found some references to the symbols you sent us. I’m sending it to you now.”

Daniel dropped into a seat and scanned over everything Sam had sent to him, “Hmm,” he mused, he turned to Jack, “I need to go to Atlantis.”

“I’ve heard that a few times,” Jack reminded him with a grin.

“Jack,” Daniel grabbed his friend’s arm and pulled him so they were out of Sam’s hearing, “If we have any chance of getting answers on how Sha’re, Janet and my parents are suddenly alive then I have to go to Atlantis. We have to go to Atlantis.”

A slow smile covered Jack’s face, “She doesn’t know about Janet yet.”

Daniel nodded, taking this as confirmation he returned to his seat and Sam who was waiting with an amused look in her eyes.

“We’re coming to you,” Daniel told her, “I need to see everything Rodney can put together for me.”

Sam smiled, “We?”

“Jack’s taking a few weeks off to come with me, you know how interested in artefacts he is,” Daniel replied, seeing Sam try to smother her laugh.

“We’ll see you in a few days then,” Sam nodded, just before the Stargate shut down.


“We’re going where?”

Daniel smiled at his father’s astonishment; he found it extremely bizarre that he was now actually older than his father.

“Atlantis,” Daniel repeated, “We’re going to go by the Stargate but because we’re going to another galaxy we have to stop in a station that’s halfway. We’ll be there for a day in a sort of quarantine before we’re allowed to go onwards to Pegasus.”

“Atlantis,” Claire breathed, “Amazing.”

Daniel took a breath, “We’re leaving tomorrow. Janet suggested that you and Sha’re go with her to get some new clothes. We should probably get you some stuff too, Dad.”

Mel shrugged as Claire laughed, Daniel closed his eyes for a second savouring the rich sound he hadn’t heard in so long. As he opened his eyes he saw them standing there looking at each other with soft smiles, the way he remembered from his childhood. Sha’re slipped her hand into his and leaned against his shoulder in silence.


Daniel was beginning to think that shopping was a bad, bad idea.

The only one of the four recently resurrected who had any real concept of what they were doing was Janet. His parents were thirty years out of date and Sha’re, well Sha’re had gripped Daniel’s hand tightly as they entered the mall completely overwhelmed by the world she had just entered.

Jack was with them along with a few other bodyguards just in case and as they all trooped around the shops Daniel was getting ready to hit his head off a wall.

It was meant to be a nice, easy trip to get those who had recently returned from the dead some clothes and other items they’d need but the one thing Daniel hadn’t counted on was how picky the three women were on what clothes they would wear. Mel, like his son, was easy to please unfortunately Claire wasn’t.

“What was it you said this morning?” Jack asked as the three men stood outside the changing rooms, “A quick trip to pick up the essentials.”

Daniel sighed, “Blame Janet.”

Jack laughed before turning to the other man standing there, “How you doing, Mel?”

“Holding it together,” Mel smiled at him, “Danny, you know this was a terrible idea.”

Daniel rolled his eyes, “I haven’t been married for almost ten years and never in a place where she could shop. How was I to know?”

They were interrupted as Sha’re emerged in a long denim skirt and red top, Daniel moved to her with a smile.

“You look lovely,” he told her receiving a shy smile back.

“Janet told me to tell you we will be finished soon,” Sha’re told them, “So you can stop complaining.”

She gave Daniel a quick kiss before disappearing back inside and the three men looked at each other.

“That’s us told,” Jack shrugged.


Daniel had never been more relieved to see the back of the mall as he was while they walked to the cars. They were all staying the night at his house before tomorrow’s journey to the midway station since Daniel had just enough room for everyone. It had been deliberate when he’d bought the house as he wanted somewhere with enough rooms to house his large library and collection of artefacts but he hadn’t actually had time to do anything about that. Both spare rooms still had beds in them and he had a sofa bed in his living room too – it meant if his team ended up staying he had places to put them.

They carried their purchases back to the two cars and Jack dismissed their escort before he and Janet climbed into the car he was using. They arrived not long after the Jackson family and Jack instantly grabbed his usual seat smiling to himself as Daniel showed his parents around the house, showing them the room they were using and some of the artefacts he’d collected over the years.

“Jack,” Sha’re appeared at his side, “Dan’iel said you should...” she paused for a second to remember his words, “Order from the usual place.”

Jack nodded and grabbed the phone, “Danny,” he yelled up, “Are you sure?”

“Don’t be an ass, Jack,” came the call back making Jack chuckle to himself before he rang their favourite take-out place, making sure he ordered enough food for all of them.

When dinner arrived they congregated together to eat. Jack glanced around the room smiling as he saw Janet in one corner of the room enjoying her dinner as she laughed, beside her sat Claire and Mel happily cuddled together as they talked. Jack then looked across the room where Daniel sat a full blown smile covering his face; sitting on the ground between his legs was his wife who was enjoying the new food she was trying. She’d only moved to sit there when dinner had arrived before that she sat comfortably in her husband’s lap - one big happy, if slightly unusual, family.

*********************************************

Sha’re stood watching the Gate open aware of the others at her side. The night before had been fun, she had enjoyed getting to know Claire and Janet better but now she was staring at the wormhole wondering what it would feel like.

“You have one week, Dr Jackson,” General Landry reminded as Daniel moved to Sha’re’s side, “Good luck.”

Daniel slid his hand into his wife’s, “Ready?”

Sha’re nodded nervously, “It does not hurt, does it?”

“No,” Daniel assured her, “It’s a little cold but I’ll be with you every step of the way.”

Looking into his beautiful blue eyes Sha’re squeezed his hand and they started forward. Sha’re stumbled slightly as they exited the wormhole but Daniel kept a hold of her making sure she didn’t fall. Sha’re smiled, he was being so protective and caring especially when she woke him in the middle of the night because she was having a nightmare. She looked around the new grey place they were in as Jack and Daniel spoke with the man who appeared to be in charge.

When Daniel gently moved her forward Sha’re returned her attention to him, “Where are we going?”

“Remember how I said we’ve got to stay here for a day?” Daniel asked continuing when she nodded, “Well since Janet is catching up with Dr Lee, Jack has some things to go over, Mom and Dad are spending some time alone so I thought...”

“We could spend some time alone also,” Sha’re smiled, “I’d like that.”

Daniel sighed, “Actually, there’s something I have to tell you. Come on.”

Worried Sha’re followed him to a small room that held two beds, one on top of the other and sat on the lower one as Daniel crouched beside her.

“What is wrong?” Sha’re asked softly becoming more and more apprehensive at the way her husband was looking at her.

Daniel sat at her side and took her hand, “There’s something I’ve not told you, something I know I shouldn’t have kept from you until now but I had no idea how to tell you this.”

“Dan’iel,” Sha’re whispered, “You are scaring me.”

“I’m sorry,” he gently stroked her cheek; “It’s about Abydos and our family.”

Tears welled in her eyes, “Are they dead?”

“In a way,” Daniel sighed, he wrapped her in his arms as he explained what had happened to Abydos as well as her father, brother and all the people she had known.


Sha’re finally managed to stop crying. She understood why Daniel had waited before telling her but it still hurt so much that she would never get to see her father and her brother ever again. Daniel simply lay with her head on his chest his hands stroking her hair comfortingly, she knew he’d cried a few tears as well.

Sha’re moved to look up at him, “I love you.”

Daniel smiled, “I love you too.”

Sha’re kissed him, her lips sliding along his neck making him moan softly, “Will anyone interrupt us?”

Daniel shook his head, “And there are no cameras here either.”

“Good,” she replied, her breathing deepened with each kiss as she started to undress her husband.


Daniel watched his sleeping wife seeing the remnants of the tears staining her cheeks. He’d felt guilty for not telling her about Abydos sooner but didn’t want to give her any more nightmares.

Someone knocked softly before Jack’s voice came, “Daniel?”

“Give me a minute,” Daniel called back, slipping away from Sha’re he pulled on his clothes before covering her with the blanket and softly kissing her forehead.

Opening the door he slipped out to where his friend was waiting, “What’s up?”

“Carter’s calling,” Jack told him, they started towards the control room, “Did you tell Sha’re about Abydos?”

Daniel nodded, “She was pretty upset but she’ll be okay. Sha’re is strong. So what does Sam want?”

“No idea,” Jack replied, “Said she had something you might want to see.”

Daniel grimaced but said nothing as they headed into the small control room for the station; he smiled as he saw Sam on the monitor waiting for him.

“Daniel,” she greeted him with a grin, “Rodney found something you might want to see,” she moved back and nodded to Rodney who was just behind her, “Send it.”

Daniel stared at the pictures; he glanced up at the screen where Sam was watching him.

“These globes in the database match your symbols,” she said, “Any help?”

“This is fantastic, Sam,” Daniel told her, “This means there’s definitely something here and this won’t be just a visit to see you.”

“I don’t know whether to be insulted or not,” Sam teased before she waved, “See you tomorrow.”

*********************************************

Sam frowned as she stood waiting for Rodney and John to get to the point of why she’d been dragged to the Jumper Bay. Unfortunately they’d started bickering with each other and completely forgotten she was standing there. She thought after all the time she’d spent around Daniel and Jack she would know better than to let something like this get started.

“Okay,” she called making them both turn, “General O’Neill is due here soon and I want to be there to actually greet them so why am I here?”

Rodney looked at John who motioned him to start, “We have an idea. Well I had the idea but Sheppard came up with...”

“Rodney,” Sam interrupted him, “What’s the idea?”

“We’ve used the Jumper underwater a few times,” Rodney continued, “But we think we can improve on the...” he was cut off as Sam’s radio sprung to life.

“Colonel Carter,” Chuck called, “General O’Neill and his party are here. They’re waiting for you in the conference room.”

“Damn,” Sam groaned, they’d arrived earlier than she’d thought, “I’ll be right there. Sorry, Rodney you’ll have to explain later, just now we have some guests to greet.”

“We?” John asked as he and Rodney exchanged worried glances.

“I’m not taking the blame alone for not meeting them at the Gate,” Sam told them, “You two are my back-up. Let’s go.”


Sam was looking forward to seeing her friends again, she missed them a lot now she was in the Pegasus galaxy especially Daniel. There was no one here she could bounce ideas off of the way she could with him and no one to share late night coffee and cookies with.

“Welcome to Atlantis,” Sam said as she entered the conference room, “I...” she trailed off staring in astonishment at the two very familiar women standing with Daniel and Jack. She caught sight of two unknown people but her brain wasn’t taking much interest in them at that precise moment.

“Sam?” Daniel said softly, “Are you okay?”

“Janet?” Sam ignored him; walking slowly forward to the woman she was staring at.

“Hi, Sam,” Janet whispered, smiling as her friend reached out and touched her arm. Without hesitation Janet hugged the other woman tightly.

Sam let out a long sigh as Janet let her go; she wiped the tears that had filled her eyes before turning to Jack and Daniel, “What’s going on?”

“That’s kind of why we’re here,” Daniel told her, “And why I asked about the globes.”

“Everyone grab a seat,” Jack said, “And we’ll do the introductions.”


Once everyone had been introduced they turned to business. Rodney looked back down at the information he’d sent Daniel on the globes before glancing up at the four recently resurrected, “You know I might have been able to help more if I’d had all the information.”

“Jack wanted to surprise Sam,” Janet told him with a roll of her eyes.

“He obviously doesn’t get that much entertainment,” Daniel laughed, especially at his friend’s annoyed look.

Rodney smiled slightly at Janet before shrugging, “Let me look through the database again. Now I know this then there’s more than likely something else I missed in my first sweep.”

Daniel nodded, “I want to see if I can find anything as well.”

Sam saw Rodney bristle, “Two pairs of eyes are better than one. Besides, Rodney if they brought along one of the globes then you need to examine it.”

“Oh,” Rodney mused before smiling, “Sure.”

Daniel laughed slightly, he glanced at his wife and parents before turning back to Sam, “Before we start working, can we get us all some rooms to dump our stuff?”

Sam smiled, now she’d been introduced to Mel and Claire Jackson she recognised them from the world the Gamekeeper had trapped them in so many years ago, “John, can you find rooms for our guests?”

John shrugged, “Yes, Ma’am.”

“Okay,” Sam said, “Why don’t we all get some lunch, John will get you settled and we’ll meet up again after that.”

**************************************************

“It is so beautiful,” Sha’re whispered as she stared across the ocean sparkling in the sunlight, “I could never imagine seeing anything like this.”

Daniel gently drew his hand along her spine before standing at her side, “I know.”

Sha’re turned to look up at him and frowned slightly, “You look tired, Dan’iel.”

He shrugged slightly, “I guess it’s just been a long few days, I haven’t slept much.”

“That is mostly my fault,” Sha’re sighed sadly.

Daniel wrapped his arms around her tightly, “I don’t mind. Even when you wake me in the middle of the night because of a bad dream I don’t mind because you’re here with me again.”

Sha’re sniffed and held onto him, her husband, her Daniel. These moments together were something she treasured after all the time she’d spent trapped inside Ammonet.

“I wish I could erase all the pain you’ve suffered,” Daniel whispered to her, “I wish I could do so much for you.”

Sha’re sighed again but this time it was a sigh of contentment, “You always do.”

Holding her close Daniel stood revelling in the warmth of being in love and being loved.


Daniel dropped his head, “Why do I feel like we’ve got nowhere?”

“Because we have,” Rodney groaned, he rubbed his hand across his face, “Okay, why don’t we rearrange the globes? Maybe the symbols will make some sort of sense.”

“Good point,” Daniel replied, he did like working with Rodney because as annoying as the scientist was Rodney was brilliant in his own arrogant way.

The two men stared at the four globes in front of them again and Daniel turned to Rodney, “You have a go, my brain’s fried.”

Rodney shrugged and started to arrange the four globes in a different order as well as position, “Okay, let’s try this.”

Daniel nodded and chewed his lip, “Wonder how Sam’s getting on with the database?”

Rodney shrugged as he continued his scans, “She’ll tell us when she finds something.”


Sha’re smiled as Claire joined her as she stared out across the water, “I find it hard to stop staring at the view.”

“I know what you mean,” Claire laughed, she wrapped an arm around her daughter-in-law, “But we should go get some lunch.”

“Of course,” Sha’re replied, “How are you feeling?”

“I’m fine,” Claire shrugged.

Sha’re looked at her concerned, “You are not sick? When I carried my child...” she trailed off both from the memory and the look of shock on Claire’s face, “I apologise, I was there when Dan’iel was told.”

Claire smiled, “It doesn’t matter, no I’m fine but you said you have a child? I’m a grandmother?”

“Not exactly,” Sha’re dropped her eyes sadly, “Please speak to Dan’iel, I cannot explain properly.”

Seeing the anger and sadness in the young woman’s eyes Claire moved back from the topic and the two women walked slowly through the corridors in silence.


After lunch Claire decided to go back to the balcony for a while, the strangeness of everything was just overwhelming. She rested her hand on her stomach thinking about her second child. She’d been told after Daniel she would never be able to have any other children. To be honest she didn’t care, her son was everything she wished for but now...now her son didn’t need her anymore and she had another chance to raise a child.

“Mom?”

Claire turned and smiled to find her son standing in the doorway, she couldn’t believe that this was the little boy she’d known only a few days before, “Hi.”

“Are you okay?” Daniel moved to her side, concern in his eyes.

“Danny, I’m fine,” she smiled at him gently squeezing his arm, “I was just thinking.”

Daniel smiled back warmly, “You looked sad.”

“I was just thinking about the baby,” Claire told him, “How I’m getting a second miracle after you.”

Daniel chuckled, “Well, I’m hoping for a little sister.”

“Really?”

“Yeah,” Daniel grinned, “I always wanted a little sister to spoil and teach. I don’t know if Sha’re and I are going to have kids, I don’t know yet if she even wants kids after all she’s been through.”

“She mentioned...” Claire hesitated before ploughing on, “She mentioned something about a baby and I should ask you.”

Daniel grimaced and sighed.

“I’m sorry, Daniel. You don’t have to...”

“No,” Daniel cut her off, “If Sha’re gave her permission for me to talk about it then I can tell you.”

Claire listened horrified as her son softly explained about his wife’s baby. When he finished Claire reached out and squeezed his arm comfortingly.

“Mom, please don’t say anything to Sha’re,” Daniel whispered, “She’s doing so well adjusting to everything so far...”

“I promise,” Claire told him, she hugged him tightly, “Have I ever mentioned how much we love Sha’re?”

Daniel beamed sweetly at her, “That’s good. Because I love her so much and I want you guys to be friends.”

*********************************************

“Sam, you’ve barely said more than three words to me all day,” Janet noted as she stood in Sam’s office, “What’s wrong?”

“You’re...” Sam trailed off.

“Alive?” Janet finished for her friend with a slight frown on her face, “I thought you’d be happy to see me.”

Sam moved over to her friend, “I am. I’m just still...a little stunned.”

“Try being Daniel right now,” Janet replied amused.

Sam chuckled, “I guess. How is he taking all this?”

“Like Daniel,” Janet shrugged, “So, tell me all the gossip I’ve missed. Jack’s no use, Daniel is a little busy and I haven’t seen Teal’c yet.”

Sam chuckled, “Okay, come on and I’ll show you the city.”

The two women started walking through the corridors of Atlantis, Sam telling Janet everything that had happened since they’d last seen one another.

“Have you contacted Cassie yet?” Sam asked suddenly changing the mood between them.

Janet sighed, “No. Jack doesn’t want me to do so until we’re sure this is permanent. And he’s right. I couldn’t appear in her life again only for me to disappear without warning, it isn’t fair. But the moment we’re sure I will break land-speed records to get to her.”

Sam squeezed her friend’s arm, “She’s doing well.”

“I always knew she would,” Janet smiled proudly, “The thing I really can’t believe that they promoted Jack O’Neill to General.”

“Neither could he,” Sam replied.


Jack stood with Sheppard watching the military contingent of Atlantis train. He’d decided since he was here and there was nothing he could actually help with then he would annoy Sheppard for a while.

As he watched Ronon mash some poor soul against the crash mat Jack’s mind wandered to the four people who had come back from the dead. He’d seen a lot of amazing things in his many years working in the Stargate program but the fact that somehow the people his best friend cared for most had reappeared had to be the best.

Jack was ecstatic to see Janet again and as soon as they knew that they weren’t going to disappear Jack was going to organise a mother/daughter reunion.

Jack just hoped things worked out.


Daniel stumbled along the corridors to the room he was sharing with Sha’re, he was exhausted and Rodney had told him to go get some sleep and come back when he was refreshed – not exactly in those words but close enough.

As he entered the room Sha’re turned to him with a smile which quickly faded as she saw the exhaustion written across his face.

“Dan’iel,” she moved to him and drew him to the bed to sit down, “Are you alright?”

“I’m just tired, honey,” he sighed as she gently touched his face.

Sha’re continued to study his face and Daniel moved away to lie down on the bed.

“I’m just a little tired,” Daniel told her closing his eyes, “I’m just going to sleep for an hour or so.” He cracked open an eye, “You could join me?”

Sha’re chuckled, “What you are suggesting would not be restful,” she told him, “How about I lie beside you until you are asleep and I will wake you for dinner?”

“That’s five hours away,” Daniel grimaced as he forced his eyes to stay open, “Two hours.”

“Four and I will wake you in a nice way,” Sha’re countered with a raised eyebrow.

Daniel sighed and nodded, smiling slightly as Sha’re slid onto the bed beside him. Sha’re gently stroked her fingers through his hair smiling as he fell asleep within minutes.


Rodney grimaced as he swallowed ice cold coffee, he’d been staring at the globes longer than he realised. He rubbed his eyes; he was beginning to feel tired now staring at these things and getting nowhere - it was no wonder Jackson was practically a walking zombie.

“Rodney,” John appeared, “How’s things?”

“Fine,” Rodney replied, “But you can get me some more coffee since you’re here.”

John rolled his eyes but moved to the coffee pot and poured his friend a fresh mug, “You look like you could use a break.”

Rodney let out a long breath, “I can’t. I need to work this out.”

John frowned a little confused at the intensity in Rodney’s statement, “McKay?”

“What?”

“Take a break.”

“You haven’t seen him,” Rodney said, “I promised if he went to rest I’d keep working. Sheppard, you haven’t watched him work on this. He’s terrified he’ll lose the people he’s just got back and it’s...”

“What?” John asked as Rodney trailed off and started moving the four globes around again, “Rodney, what is it?”

“I saw it earlier,” Rodney frowned, “But it didn’t make any sense. The connection between all three of them is Daniel.”

“So?”

“He’s not just the connection,” Rodney explained, “He’s the reason. He brought them back from the dead and it might just kill him.”

*********************************************

Daniel forced his eyes open and sighed; he was still as tired as he had been when he came into the room. To his astonishment it had been two hours since he’d closed his eyes but felt like barely a few minutes.

“Dan’iel,” Sha’re sat at his side, concern covering her face, “How do you feel?”

Daniel pushed himself to a seat, “I’m okay.” Daniel watched his wife’s lips firm into an annoyed grimace, “I’m really fine.”

“Dan’iel,” Sha’re’s voice was soft but the iron in it was something Daniel recognised as a very bad sign for him, “We are going to speak with the doctor.”

“I’m fine,” Daniel snapped at her, he stood up and started towards the bathroom but only managed a few steps before the world started to blur around him. He heard Sha’re’s terrified cry before the world went black.


Sha’re called out her husband’s name in horror before she scrambled over to him as he dropped to the ground, she barely managed to stop his head hitting off the floor as he fell. Panic filled her as she called his name trying to get him to wake up, she knew she needed help but couldn’t bring herself to leave him for the time it would take.

Finally she remembered the radio she was given and gingerly touched the button.

“O....O’Neill?” she asked hopefully.

“Sha’re?” Jack’s voice came into her ear, “Are you okay?”

Almost sobbing in relief to hear his voice Sha’re forgot for a moment he couldn’t see her as she nodded.

“Sha’re, what’s wrong?” Jack asked deliberately, “Is Daniel okay?”

“He is unconscious,” Sha’re explained, “He just fell, Jack. I do not want to leave him but he needs help.”

“I’m on my way with the doctor,” Jack assured her, “We’ll be there soon.”

Sha’re nodded again stroking Daniel’s forehead as she gripped one of his hands, hoping he would be alright.


Claire gripped her husband’s hand as they ran to the infirmary finding Jack holding Sha’re’s arms keeping her back from where the doctor was checking their son.

“That’s your CMO?” Janet’s voice made Claire turn to find the woman walking in with the leader of the city who Claire had discovered was one of her son’s closest friends.

“Dr Keller is an excellent doctor,” Sam defended the other woman.

Janet levelled a hard gaze at her friend, “She’s twelve. What happened to the list I made? Carson would have been the perfect choice for...what?”

“He was the CMO,” Sam replied firmly, “He died last year.”

As Sam headed over to find out what was happening Janet turned to Claire, “I have to learn to keep my mouth shut,” Janet squeezed the other woman’s hand, “He’s going to be fine.”

“I wish I could be as confident as you,” Claire whispered, “But I have a bad feeling.”

“Claire,” Mel whispered, speaking for the first time since they’d entered the room.

“I can’t,” Claire shook her head, “Mel?”

Mel hugged his wife; he reached out a hand and rested it on Janet’s shoulder as they waited.


“He’s sleeping,” Jennifer told them as they crowded across the room from Daniel’s hospital bed, “I don’t know why he collapsed.”

“I do,” Rodney appeared from seemingly nowhere and joined the circle. He looked around the group, Sha’re was sitting on the bed with Claire and Mel beside her. Claire was gripping her daughter-in-law’s hand tightly. Sam was standing beside Janet with Jack on the other side of the recently resurrected CMO of the SGC with Jennifer standing beside the General.

“Rodney?” Sam asked as John joined the group looking grim, “What did you find?”

The scientist let out a long sigh as all eyes focussed on him, “I’ve been studying the globes along with Daniel and I found something in the database after hours of searching.”

“McKay,” Jack snapped, “Get to important part.”

“Sorry. According to what I found the globes were used by those who were nearly ascended,” Rodney explained.

“Like what happened to you,” John stated.

“Exactly,” Rodney nodded, “The final stage before ascension when the whole of the person’s mind is utilised.” He stopped and shook his head, “This is irrelevant. Okay, the globes were used by these people to connect with lost loved ones, so they could release their burdens and ascend.”

“That makes no sense,” Jack said, “Daniel isn’t trying to ascend.”

“But he did once,” Sam sighed, pushing her hand through her hair, “That energy must still be a part of him.”

Rodney snapped his fingers pointing at Sam, “Exactly. Daniel said he’s encountered these globes several times during his lifetime.”

“Daniel and I were talking about this once, he said something about how the power seemed to echo through his life,” Sam noted, “What if this energy flowed backwards through time so every time he encountered the globes it captured the essence of those people he was going to lose.”

“This is all very fascinating,” Mel interrupted them, “But what exactly does any of this mean? What’s happening to Daniel?”

“This ritual was only meant to bring one person,” Rodney explained, “And it was supposedly for a few hours. Daniel has not only brought four people back from the dead but you’ve been here for days. It’s sapping his energy.”

“Then he is dying,” Sha’re whispered, she licked her lips as she looked to Rodney, “Can you stop it?”

Rodney shook his head, “I don’t know how. I’m sorry.”

*********************************************

Sha’re sat at her husband’s bedside, she rested her cheek against the palm of his hand as she gently trailed her fingers along his arm. It seemed so strange that after Daniel’s fear of them disappearing that they would lose him.

“Sha’re?”

At her husband’s confused voice Sha’re moved so she was in his line of sight, “I am here.”

“Where is here?” Daniel asked blearily.

“The infirmary,” Sha’re told him, “You collapsed, my love.”

“I don’t...” he grimaced, “Sorry I scared you.” Sha’re’s tight smile made him frown, “What aren’t you telling me?”

Sha’re took several breaths not sure how to tell him what Rodney had told them, not sure how to say the words.

“Sha’re,” Daniel gripped her hand making her look into his eyes, “Tell me.”

“Dr McKay...” Sha’re hesitated gripping her husband’s hand tighter, “Dr McKay has discovered how we are here.”

“Really?” Daniel’s eyes widened, “What did he find?”

Sha’re bit her lower lip as tears filled her eyes. Daniel frowned and tugged on her hand so she was looking at him.

“Tell me,” Daniel whispered softly.

“You brought us back,” Sha’re sniffed, “Your energy brought us back to you and it is killing you.”

“Sha’re...”

“We are killing you, Dan’iel,” Sha’re cried, letting Daniel pull her close as he absorbed everything she’d told him.


“Well?”

Rodney looked up from the computer to where Jack stood waiting expectantly, “Typically the Ancients have no idea how to fix this. I think I can possibly shut off the globes but that would effectively mean Dr’s Jackson, Dr Frasier and Mrs Jackson will...” he hesitated not sure how to say it, relieved when Jack nodded.

“That’s a last resort,” Jack told him.

“I’m going over everything we have,” Rodney said, “But I need some time to work on it.”

Jack nodded, “As soon as you know anything...”

Rodney gave a quick nod as he turned back to his work. Jack watched him for a few seconds before he left the lab.


Rodney stared at the screen in front of him wishing he could find a way to save them but all he could see right now was complete failure and losing all of them. Looking back down at the globes in front of him Rodney frowned as he realised one of the symbols on one when put together with one of the others looked familiar.

Getting an idea he started hunting through the files for what he wanted, finally he found it and read over and over the information on the screen several times a smile appearing on his face.

“Radek, Sam,” he called over the radio, “I think I have something. I need you both to come and see if you agree.”

“You actually want our help?” Radek’s sarcastic voice came back to him.

Rodney rolled his eyes too busy to shoot anything back at his friend, “Just get down here now.”

*********************************************

Janet sat at Daniel’s bedside; she’d taken over after making Sha’re get some rest. The other woman was only on the bed across from her husband but at least she was sleeping.

“So you brought us back,” Janet sighed, “Typical. It’s amazing, Daniel that this was only meant to bring back one person for everyone else but as always you go just that little bit better and pull four of us back. Five if you count the baby your mother is carrying. I’m relieved now I never saw Cassie; I don’t want to hurt her again.”

Janet paused and studied Daniel before looking over at Sha’re. She’d always wondered what Daniel would be like with his wife with him. Janet was surprised by how different he was, by how much affection he openly showed for Sha’re when she was used to him being so reserved.

“How is he?”

Janet looked up to find Claire standing there, in the few days she’d known Daniel’s parents Janet could see where certain elements of Daniel’s personality had come from.

“He’s still sleeping,” Janet told her, “This is good, it means his energy is being conserved until we can find a way to fix this.”

“You’re sure they’ll be able to?” Claire whispered, her hand gently stroking her son’s hair.

Janet nodded, “I know these people and I know how good they truly are.”

Claire sniffed trying to stop the tears that were threatening her, “I want to believe that, Janet but I don’t know how.”

Janet moved to the other woman and drew her to the empty seat, sitting with her Janet wrapped an arm around Claire giving her as much comfort as possible.


Mel stood on the balcony near the room he and Claire had been given, he felt completely useless as he watched his son slip away from them. Because of them Daniel was going to die and he had no idea how to even begin to help.

This world Daniel lived in was extraordinary and Mel didn’t know what Daniel did or how he could fill that empty spot while his son was unconscious.

“Daniel is unique,” Jack’s voice made Mel turn, “There is no way to understand what he does.”

Mel frowned a little confused, “Is being psychic your hidden talent?”

Jack chuckled, “No, but I read Daniel...apparently Jackson-ease very well. I’ve seen that look on your son’s face often as he tried to puzzle out what he can do in the situation. He usually comes up with something insane but brilliant.”

“You know whenever someone talks about Daniel,” Mel said softly as he slid down the wall to sit, “I still expect to see a little boy of eight bouncing about. It’s such a strange wrench when I realise he’s no longer that boy.”

“I can’t really understand,” Jack told him moving to sit at his side, “But I can tell you one thing, Daniel is hard to get rid of. He won’t give up without a fight and I won’t let us lose him again.”

“Again?”

Wincing Jack sighed, “Long story. You should go and be with your family.”

Mel stood as Jack did and the two men’s eyes locked, after a second Mel nodded and turned to leave.

“I want the full story some day,” Mel told him.

Jack grimaced, “I’ll leave that to your son.”

*********************************************

“Well?” Rodney asked as he finished explaining his idea to Sam and Radek.

As Rodney watched them they turned to one another with identical looks of bemusement on their faces before Sam took the lead.

“Rodney, this is...” she trailed off trying to find the world.

“Insane,” Radek threw in.”

Rodney frowned at both of them, “It’s the only idea we have and I know it will work.”

“You’re suggesting we use something you came up with when you almost ascended thanks to that machine,” Radek noted, “There are things in this that we don’t understand yet.”

“Do you have another idea?” Rodney snapped, “Can you save him?”

Sam stepped in; she was a little thrown by Rodney’s desperation for saving Daniel, they had never got along that well.

“Rodney, you’re sure you can do this?” Sam asked.

He nodded, “I’ve gone over it again and again. Sam, if we want to save Daniel and keep the others here as well then this is our only option.”

Sam read over the details in front of her again before she nodded, “Alright, get this set up while I brief the General.”

Rodney nodded as she left before turning to Radek, “If this works then we can do anything.”

“If this works,” Radek replied, “I’ll eat Henderson’s report on the transporters.”


Sam waited for Jack to speak after she explained Rodney’s plan. He was staring at her with this look of astonishment on his face as she nervously tapped her nails on the chair arm.

“That’s...” Jack trailed off, “An interesting idea.”

“Rodney is convinced it’s the only way to save Daniel and keep Sha’re, Janet, Claire and Mel alive,” Sam replied before adding, “And I agree.”

Jack nodded, “Alright. You believe McKay knows what he’s doing then this is your show, Carter.”

Sam nodded as well, taking a deep breath she stood ready to head down to the infirmary and explain what they were planning to do.


Daniel was awake when Sam and Jack arrived in the infirmary, Janet, Claire and Mel were sitting at his side while Sha’re was sitting on the bed beside him her head resting on his shoulder.

“We have a plan,” Sam told them, “Rodney thinks he can fix this by using the globes, the containment chamber and some of the equations he came up with when his mind was accelerated.”

“How long until they’re ready to do it?” Daniel asked, his voice betraying the exhaustion he was feeling.

“A couple of hours,” Sam replied, “Rodney told me we will only have one chance at bringing each of you back for good. This is a long shot but it’s the only one we have.”

Silence filled the room as Daniel hugged Sha’re closer to him and his parents gripped his hands in theirs.

“Then I’ll go first,” Janet told them, “I’ll be the first one that steps into the machine.”

“Janet...” Daniel started.

“I’m still a member of the SGC,” she cut him off, “Claire, Mel and Sha’re are all civilians, therefore I’m going first.”

Daniel closed his eyes not sure what to say but the decision was taken from him.

“We’re going to let you get some rest,” Mel said, “We’ll be back before Dr McKay’s idea is put into practice.”


Daniel watched as his family slipped away leaving him alone with his wife. Sha’re was being uncharacteristically quiet throughout this whole thing and he was worried about her.

“What are you thinking?” Daniel whispered, gently kissing her temple.

“That this could go wrong,” she whispered, “That this could be the last time we are together.”

Daniel hugged her tighter, “You have to trust in me.”

“I do,” she cried, “But Dan’iel, no matter how brilliant you are you cannot tell me you know the future.”

“No, I don’t,” Daniel pulled her tighter into him, “But I do know Rodney and if he’s sure about this then I trust he can do it. I’m not losing you again.”

Cuddling together the couple lay in silence as they waited for the word that Rodney was ready.

*********************************************

Daniel gripped Sha’re’s hand as the wheelchair he was being forced to use was pushed into the lab where Rodney was waiting for them. Janet, Mel and Claire stood with the couple as Sam, Jack, Radek and Dr Keller stood across the room talking quietly.

“Alright,” Rodney spoke up, “Dr Frasier, since you’ve volunteered to go first I need you to go into the chamber. I’m not precisely sure what’s going to happen but I am sure that once you come out Dr Jackson will no longer be keeping you here.”

Janet nodded, “Then let’s get this done. I want to see my daughter.”

Even Rodney smiled at this before he moved to the control panel, “Dr...”

“Janet is easier,” she cut him off.

Rodney nodded softly, “Janet, are you ready?”

Janet took a deep breath, her eyes drifting across Sam, Jack and Daniel. Each of them gave her an encouraging smile before she climbed into the chamber.

“Okay, Rodney,” Janet told him, “Do it.”

Rodney began manipulating the systems, softly murmuring to himself as he worked through the steps he needed to do. Activating the globe connected to Janet Rodney cut the link between her and the device. Everyone winced slightly at the bright light that entered the chamber surrounding Janet.

“Radek,” Rodney called, “Now.”

The two men worked in unison and the light dimmed again fading away to reveal Janet sitting, her eyes closed.

Keller moved quickly and checked the woman who opened her eyes suddenly.

“Did it work?”

Rodney nodded, “The connection is severed and we kept you here.”

Janet took Jack’s hand as he helped her out laughing as he hugged her quickly, “General, anyone would think you’re happy to have me back.”

Jack chuckled and moved her across the room where she hugged Sam before quickly squeezing Daniel’s hand.

“Next,” she said softly.

“Dr’s Jackson,” Rodney said, “Because you’re both connected to one globe then you need to do this together.”

“We prefer that,” Claire told him before she turned to her son, “Danny, if something goes wrong then I want you to know how proud we are of you. How sorry we are for leaving you...how...”

“How we hope to make up everything to you,” Mel finished for her.

Daniel took each of their hands, “I always dreamed I’d get to show you everything I’ve done but I never thought...” he trailed off feeling Sha’re rest her hand on his shoulder as his parents squeezed his hands, “I love you and I’m looking forward to showing so much more.”

Mel and Claire let go of their son and clasped hands as they moved to enter the chamber. Mel wrapped his arms around his wife and nodded at Rodney they were ready.

Daniel held his breath gripping his wife’s hand that rested on his shoulder as he watched the light fill the chamber hiding his parents from view.

“Radek, now,” Rodney ordered the same as before and after a few minutes the light faded to reveal the couple.

Daniel let out a half-laugh, half-sigh of relief as they moved to him. Claire quickly wrapped her arms around her son, holding onto him for several minutes before allowing Mel to hug Daniel.


Sha’re watched her husband and his parents as she waited for Rodney to reset the system. It was her turn next and she hoped that this would work once more allowing her to stay with Daniel.

“It’s ready,” Rodney spoke up.

Daniel looked up from his parents and caught Sha’re’s hand as she moved to him. His free hand gently cupped her cheek as he rested his forehead against hers.

“I love you,” he whispered softly, “I love you more than I can say, Sha’re. Having you back...”

“Shh,” Sha’re breathed softly, “You have done so much, Dan’iel, so many amazing things that you would never have done if I had been there.”

“That’s not...”

“Now,” Sha’re cut him off again, “I am here, I am going to give you the family that you want and make you so happy the way you deserve.”

Daniel kissed her softly but before he could say anything else she moved away accepting Jack’s help into the chamber. She turned slightly giving Daniel a small smile before nodding to Rodney that she was ready.

As Rodney started working and the light filled the chamber again. Daniel gripped the arms of the wheelchair desperately praying that this would work for a third time. Panic filled him as the panel Radek was working on suddenly exploded.

“Damn,” Rodney snapped as the light started to flicker, “It’s not working.”

“What?” Daniel cried.

Rodney looked up at him his eyes widening as he had an idea, “Daniel, I need you to take a hold of the globes. Both yours and the one that brought Sha’re back.”

Daniel frowned confused but did as he was told. As he touched the two globes he felt a jolt go through him.

“What’s happening?” Jack demanded from somewhere behind Daniel.

“I’m not sure what happened but when I severed the link I couldn’t re-establish the connection,” Rodney explained as best he could, “I think it has something to do with the fact she was still host to the Gould when she died. Daniel’s keeping the connection to her using the globe but it won’t last.”

“What can I do?” Sam called.

“We need more power,” Rodney told her.

Sam pulled open a panel on the wall and quickly rearranged the crystals diverting the power that Rodney needed.

“Daniel, let go of the globe,” Rodney told him.

“No,” Daniel whispered.

Rodney stared at him, “What?”

“If I don’t let go she stays,” Daniel replied.

“But you’ll be drained,” Rodney reminded him.

Daniel stared at him, “I’ll be with her until that happens.”

“This will work, Daniel,” Rodney assured him, “I promise you this will bring her back for good and you two can live a long, long life together. Now let go.”

Daniel glanced over to the light where he could just make out the faint outline of his wife waiting for them to bring her home. Slowly he raised his hands from the globes suddenly feeling stronger than he had in days.

“Please,” he breathed closing his eyes as Rodney worked, “Please. Please. Please”

Daniel suddenly heard the whine as the device shut down. Slowly opening them he saw Sha’re as she moved towards him and Daniel pushed himself out of the chair without thought to meet her. As they embraced Rodney sat down and let out a long sigh.

“I can’t believe that actually worked.”

*********************************************

Daniel sighed as he woke up reaching out to hold his wife jerking awake as he found no one beside him. Looking around he quickly found her standing on the balcony leaning against the rail just staring out across the horizon.

“Hi,” he murmured sliding his arms around her waist.

Sha’re cuddled back against him, “How do you feel?”

“Amazing,” Daniel told her, “I feel completely energised again. I don’t think I’ve slept so well since we were on Abydos.”

“I did not sleep much,” she sighed, “Too afraid I would wake up and this would have been a dream.”

“I know,” Daniel murmured into her hair, “But it’s not. We’re together again and I’m not letting you go.”

Sha’re turned and wrapped her arms around his neck, “I love you.”

“Love you too,” Daniel kissed her softly, “And once we get back to Earth then you have a whole new world to explore.”

“The first thing we will do is fix our home so that it appears as though it is one,” Sha’re told him, “Claire and I have several ideas already.”

Daniel rolled his eyes, “I bet you do.”

Sha’re chuckled and kissed him again taking his mind far away from her redecoration plans.


Daniel smiled as Jack dropped into the seat at his side, “Hey.”

“Hey,” Jack replied with a grin, “I’m amazed that you’re actually sitting on your own. Did you sneak away without telling anyone?”

Daniel chuckled, “Mom and Janet are talking with Sam, I’m not sure what stories are being told but I am worried. Dad is talking with Rodney and Sheppard while Sha’re is getting some rest.”

“Is she okay?” Jack asked worriedly.

Daniel nodded, “She didn’t sleep much last night, worried this was a dream.”

“Are you convinced now it’s not?” Jack grinned knowing his friend well.

“After almost losing Sha’re when we cut the connection to the globes I am,” Daniel replied, “Jack, I’ve got my parents back and my wife and one of my best friends...”

“Speaking of,” Jack cut him off, “You want to hear my idea for springing her on T?”

Daniel started to laugh, “Tell me you’re going to organise her reunion with Cassie too?”

“Oh I’m way ahead of you there,” Jack replied with a satisfied smile, “Landry has already got her heading to the base so she’ll meet us when we step out of the wormhole...actually after we’ve gone through the usual rigmarole. I didn’t want to do the reunion in front of everyone.”

“At least you thought of that,” Daniel replied, “What about Teal’c?”

“Think about it,” Jack told him.

Daniel frowned confused before his years of knowing the other man kicked in and he started to laugh, “We have to make sure that is recorded for Sam.”


The Gate dialled and Daniel hugged his wife to him as they stood waiting. The past few days had changed his life and he felt exhilarated.

“Thank you for everything,” he said as Rodney appeared at their side.

Rodney gave a slight shrug before he handed Daniel a piece of paper with a phone number on it.

“This is my sister’s number,” Rodney explained before Daniel could ask, “She knows about the gate but she’s not involved in it daily. I thought she might get along with your family.”

“That is very thoughtful of you,” Sha’re said as Daniel stared at him in shock, “I think I will contact her once we have settled down a little,” She moved to Rodney and quickly kissed his cheek, “Thank you.”

The Gate burst open and they said their goodbyes to Atlantis. Sam almost didn’t let go of Janet’s arm but finally with one last hug she watched them as they stepped through.

*********************************************

Janet sat in the conference room nervously twisting a hanky as she waited for Jack to bring her daughter here. She was desperate to see Cassie, to see how she’d grown in the past four years but there was also the apprehension that the girl would not want her. Cassandra had lost two mothers and Janet wondered if she would accept having a mother again.

“Cassie will be as happy to see you as I was to see my Mom,” Daniel told her from his seat across from her, “Trust me.”

“I hope so,” Janet whispered.

Sha’re reached over and squeezed the other woman’s hand, “I know if my mother was suddenly with me once more I would be so happy. I would not care how it happened or that I have managed to live without her for years. I would just be happy.”

Janet smiled at the couple relieved they’d decided to stay to give her some support. Claire and Mel were in Daniel’s office starting their catch-up with the archaeological world both determined to become a part of the SGC.

“So,” Cassie’s voice floated into the room, “Why did you insist I miss classes and come here to see you, Jack?”

“You’re not happy to see me?” Jack’s voice followed her.

“I’m ecstatic,” Cassie replied as she walked in to the room, “But it couldn’t wait till the week...” she trailed off as she saw Janet standing waiting for her. Cassie spun to look at Jack, “What’s going on?”

“Cassie,” Jack rested his arm around her, “As usual Daniel touched something and we got a few visitors. As you can see your Mom was brought back and if you manage to look to where Daniel is you’ll see one of the others he managed to bring home.”

Stunned Cassie managed to look away from Janet and stared at the woman leaning against Daniel.

“Sha’re?” the girl whispered.

“Jack, as usual you’ve made this more complicated than it should be,” Daniel snapped, he moved to the young woman they’d rescued so many years ago, “Cassie, Janet is home for good.”

Cassie turned to Janet and flew into her arms, hugging her tightly as tears streamed along her cheeks. Daniel took Sha’re’s hand before pushing Jack out of the room leaving them to their reunion.


Daniel smiled as he watched his parents go through the files he’d given them; he felt Sha’re at his side.

“What are you thinking?” Sha’re asked looking up at him with a soft smile.

Daniel hugged her close, “I’m thinking of how lucky I am. I have the people I loved most in my life that I lost back. I have a second chance to be your husband.”

Sha’re gave him a quick kiss before a mischievous smile touched her lips, “What exactly are you and Jack planning?”

“I don’t know what you mean?”

Sha’re chuckled, “You forget how well I know you, Dan’iel.”

He grinned at her as the alarms sounded letting the base know that the Gate was open, “Let’s go to the infirmary and I’ll show you.”

Sha’re shook her head but allowed him to pull her along the corridor deciding that Jack had obviously been a very bad influence on her husband over the years.


Teal’c handed his staff weapon and pack over as he stepped off the ramp, as nice and hospitable as the people of P23 GXX had been Teal’c had been worried about Daniel and Jack over the call that had come from Detective Shanahan.

“SG1, the doctor is expecting you in the infirmary,” Landry called.

Teal’c gave a slight nod motioning Dr Wallace forward to follow Mitchell and Vala. Teal’c knew the other two had not been happy that Daniel had sent along a replacement and gone to do something without them but he found Dr Wallace an interesting change. She was very softly spoken and although she seemed intimidated by him at first they had developed a good rapport.

As he reached the infirmary Teal’c spotted Mitchell jumping onto a bed as Vala dropped onto the one beside him. As Teal’c took his spot the curtain was flung open and he stared at the woman standing there with a clipboard.

“Okay, Teal’c,” Janet Frasier said with a smile, “You know the drill.”

“Dr Frasier?” Teal’c breathed standing and moving to her.

Janet smiled up at him wrapping her arms around him in a quick hug, “It’s good to see you again, Teal’c.”

Once she released him, Teal’c looked round to see Jack and Daniel grinning before he looked to Daniel’s side and saw the woman Daniel had his arm wrapped around, “Sha’re?”

“What?!” Mitchell and Vala both gasped.

Looking back at his friends Teal’c frowned, “I believe there is a long story attached to this.”

Both nodded.

“Then we should get comfortable,” Teal’c told them in an ominous tone, “Because I want to hear it all.”

*********************************************

Daniel stood alone in his office staring at the globes they’d brought back with them from Atlantis. He wasn’t allowed to touch them, just in case, but as they were no longer connected to each other a decision was made to return them to the museum.

He was finally relaxing, finally believing that this was real and the ones he’d lost had truly returned for good. The world was completely new for him and as amazed as Daniel was right now, he was slightly scared. Shaking himself he found the sweater that Claire had left here, he’d been teased by Jack about being the perfect son when he’d offered to go get it for her but frankly he didn’t care because he was a son again.

After Teal’c had glared at them, they left SG1 to get their post-mission medical and called the other two Dr’s Jackson to meet them in the conference room so they could tell the story once again.


Daniel jumped when he felt two arms encircle his waist.

“Everyone is wondering where you are,” Sha’re told him softly as she moved round to face him, “Are you still afraid?”

Daniel shook his head, “These are the most innocuous things. I never gave them a thought when I stumbled across them in the past. Now...now they are the four most amazing things I’ve found through the Stargate.”

“Really?”

Daniel wrapped his arms around her pulling her close to him, “They gave me back everything.”

“And we are all waiting for you so we can go to the rest...tau...rant,” Sha’re reminded him, hesitating slightly over the unfamiliar word.

Daniel kissed her, “Let them wait.”

Giggling Sha’re happily surrendered to her husband’s embrace, neither noticing the soft golden mist leave them and enter one of the globes.