Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Gawking At Capture

by Aftyn Victoria
[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Gawking At Capture

Gawking At Capture

by Aftyn Victoria

TITLE: Gawking At Capture
AUTHOR: Aftyn Victoria
EMAIL: SamAstarte@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: S/M Romance... Some adventure...
SPOILERS: None I can think of
SEASON / SEQUEL: Sequel to Gazing Into Inevitability
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS:A swear word and mild sexual content
SUMMARY: SG-1 is captured by Apollo; Sam and Martouf have to help them.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors. Besides, if you sue me, all you'll get is my dog and a few lousy stories. Is it really worth what you're paying your big-shot lawyers an hour? Doubt it.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This wasn't really how I planned on it turning out, but oh-well. I'm becoming addicted to feed-back so I DEMAND you send it. :)

A gentle brush of Martouf's lips was enough to rouse Sam from her peaceful slumber. She opened her eyes just enough to see Martouf kneeling next to her bed; a content smile lit up his features. He brushed a few wisps of blond hair out of her eyes, then kissed her once more; this kiss was deeper than the first and all the more fulfilling.

"It's mid-morning; I didn't think you'd want to sleep much later than this." Martouf whispered softly as he placed a kiss on Sam's left temple. Normally, Sam would've been up around dawn, but she hadn't gone to sleep the previous night until dawn. The Tok'ra had aided in a sister planet's evacuation. "Are you hungry?" Sam nodded as Martouf's lips captured her own in a passionate kiss. Since there had been an uprising against the system lords among the indigenous people on many planets, they hadn't had much time alone; Martouf obviously wanted to act upon the free time and Sam wasn't about to object.

Sam's arms instinctively wrapped around Martouf's neck as he moved from his place on the floor to the side of the bed.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Martouf sat next to Sam on the rim of one of the pools of water that were scattered throughout the tunnels, as she nibbled on a fruit indigenous to their current planet. There was a comfortable silence between them, both completely content on being in each other's presence. Sam had been blended with Ayanna only a few months earlier, but she had already seen a great deal of action. She often worked alongside Martouf in battle; he had seen her obtain the small scar she now had on her lower back in a battle.

"Four people of the Tau'ri have been captured by Apollo... " Sam's head jerked around to see two male Tok'ra conversing on the other side of the room.

"What? What are there names!?" Sam sprang to her feet and began to cross the room with an anxious look in her eyes.

"They are the one's that walk with Teal'c... SG-1." Sam turned to Martouf who was at that time standing behind her.

"We have to help them!" They had to. It wasn't negotiable; these were her friends and former comrades. They would surely do the same for her. Martouf was silent for a moment, then he turned to the Tok'ra that had relayed the information.

"Apollo is on Parthea, correct?"

"Yes." Martouf seemed pleased by this information; Sam had never heard of the planet Parthea, nor had she heard of the Goa'uld Apollo.

"Samantha, there is a good chance we will be able to help them, but we must discuss this with Garshaw and the council." Sam nodded and started off in the direction where Garshaw could be found.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I have been expecting you, Samantha." Garshaw stood from her seat and approached her two visitors. "It can only be expected since it is your friends who have been captured."

"So you knew about it already?" Garshaw nodded.

"Likewise, I already know why you're here. You wish to know if you would be allowed to attempt a rescue mission." Sam didn't even bother nodding, since Garshaw already knew that was the exact reason she was there. "I'm afraid I may have to deny that request."

"What? Why?" Sam demanded, causing Garshaw to raise an eyebrow. It was a subtle warning for Sam to lower her voice and calm down.

"I hate to say this, Samantha, but I don't think it is worth the risk. Ayanna is a valuable asset to the Tok'ra and I don't want to risk her life on a rescue mission." Garshaw wasn't surprised in the least to see Sam bow her head; allowing Ayanna dominance.

"Master Garshaw, my host will not accept that and you and I both know it. For these people that have been captured were the very essence of her life on the Tau'ri world." Martouf smiled inwardly; both Ayanna and Samantha were headstrong and that was one of the many reasons he loved them both.

"Ayanna, this is not a priority at the moment. The Goa'uld are going to launch an attack on Rio'aque, we have to set up further her and... The council and I have reason to believe that there is a traitor among us. Our location has been found far to quickly and far too many times to be a coincidence."

"Master Garshaw, forgive my insolence, but these are people that have helped the Tok'ra in the past. I know from Samantha's memories that they would gladly help us in the future. Is it so much to ask to allow me to go?"

Garshaw turned away from Ayanna and Martouf, obviously making the decision concerning the four Tau'ri's fate. "The council and I expected this, but I was still supposed to make an attempt to deny you your request. And if you still wish to go, I am to allow Martouf and yourself the chance to save them."

"Thank you so much, Master Garshaw."

"In the event that we must move before you return, you both know your next planned location." Both Sam and Martouf nodded their understanding. Martouf directed Ayanna toward her personal chambers where she could get the proper attire.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The heat of the setting sun fell on the backs of Ayanna and Lantash who were walking on the path that led to the city, Pelepone where Apollo reigned. Ayanna wore a pair of fatigues that Sam had brought with her and a sandy gray, long sleeved shirt that she had appropriated from Martouf. Around her wrists she wore restraints that could be removed only with key, that was in actuality a hand device that emitted small waves of energy that triggered and disconnected the lock. Ayanna had the key hidden in one of her trouser pockets. It was small and would hopefully go unnoticed.

Her appearance of a prisoner was part of their plan to free SG-1. Ayanna would be admitted to the atoll in the middle of the city that served as a prison. Lantash would mislead Apollo into thinking that he was Ayanna's keeper.

"What will my crime be?" Lantash looked confused, so she elaborated. "When they ask why you have brought me to the prison, what will you say?"

"You killed eight Jaffa."

"Then why wasn't I shot?" An exasperated sigh escaped Lantash's lips; sometimes his lover could be trying.

"Ayanna, you asked me for an idea, I gave you one. We can use it or you can think of one."

"It will do." They walked in silence for nearly half an hour; they were only thirty meters from the gates of the city. "You will meet me here at dawn."

"And if you're not here?"

"Then I am dead or found out."

"You WILL be here." Ayanna suppressed the urge to smile at her lovers remark since they were approaching the gate guards and it wouldn't be realistic if she was smiling as her captor held a Zat gun at her back.

"State your purpose for coming to Penelope." The guard was a middle-aged man; his face was tanned from long days in the sun and his hair was a light brown.

"I have brought her to be put into the Achidiri prison." The man studied Ayanna intensely as if deciding whether or not Lantash spoke the truth.

"All right, take her to our lord, Apollo to be judged." Lantash nodded, then pushed Ayanna through the gate which stood under the archway that led to the city.

The city's streets were thick with people, dressed in plain cotton clothing. The buildings were modest, white structures that had several windows. Some were restaurants, shops, inns or other places of leisure. The city didn't seem like it was in any misery under a Goa'uld's rule. Sam told Ayanna it was like the early Greek cities on Earth.

In the center of the city, an elegant white structure stood looming over all else. It was obviously Apollo's domain. Stone and Marble columns held up the enormous roof. Foreign writing was engraved into each of the columns. Several Jaffa stood near the entrance. They stopped Lantash and implored him.

"I was told to bring her to Apollo to be judged." Lantash spoke in the Goa'uld language. The Jaffa reluctantly allowed them to pass; one of the men led the two down a long hallway. Their footsteps on the marble floors the only noise.

When they came to two tremendous doors made of a copper alloy, the Jaffa opened the doors and gestured for the two to enter. Lantash immediately bowed down below a man who was surrounded by young women who were fanning and serving him. Ayanna took a moment to follow him.

"My lord, I have brought forth this woman for your judgment. She is guilty of eight murders." Apollo rose from his throne which was made of silver, gold and silk cushions. The many women parted for him and bowed as he passed them. Both Sam and Ayanna were disgusted by the display, but remained stoic and silent. Lantash pulled Ayanna to her feet for inspection.

"She is Goa'uld." Apollo ran a hand through her blond hair which was a bit longer than it had been on Earth. "You are also." Lantash nodded as the Goa'uld lord continued to inspect Ayanna. He ran a hand across her smooth, creamy cheek. "She will join the others that angered Artemis, they are to be executed tomorrow at sunrise."

"Good." Apollo smiled evilly at Lantash's statement.

"You will be there to watch?"

"Yes, I must stay to watch her death." Apollo then called the Jaffa that had led the Tok'ra to him and ordered him to take Ayanna to Achidiri.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Jaffa held Sam firmly by the wrist and jerked her down the stairs of Apollo's temple. His gate was quick and he was nearly dragging Ayanna toward a group of trees that shielded whatever lay behind them. Several Jaffa were pacing about among the trees to prevent anyone who had managed to escape to get any further.

Ayanna was pushed onto a metal bridge with no side rails. It hovered above water that was the color of night; every so often some sort of creature would surface to devour an unsuspecting bird that landed on the water. In the center of the water, there was an island that was covered in trees and small buildings. Cries of pain could be heard echoing through the trees.

The Jaffa shoved Ayanna into one of the stone cells that had only one opening which was a door made from metal bars. He laughed as she fell to the floor because of the force he used to thrust her into the structure. She scowled at him and watched him walk away; she lost sight of him before he got to the bridge because of the thick foliage. She assumed that there weren't any Jaffa patrolling the island; she hadn't seen any yet, anyway.

Ayanna pulled the key from her pocket and activated it; the restraints fell from her wrists without delay. She smiled; this was going easier than she had expect. All she had to do was get out of her cell and find Samantha's friends. She brought forth a small device Martouf had introduced her to a few weeks earlier. It created a small laser beam that could cut through almost any metallic substances.

She held it up to one of the bars and activated it. The metal bar gave way at an excruciatingly slow pace. It took her approximately four hours to cut out enough bars for a space just large enough for her to fit through. Darkness had fallen and now she had to rely on the light of the full moon to quietly navigate her way through the trees and underbrush. Ayanna crept along the outside of each cell and peeked around the corner through the bars to see if the occupants were the members of SG-1. It took her several tries to find the correct cell. Jack O'Neill was dozing in the corner of the cell, while Teal'c sat upright against one of the walls and Daniel was sprawled out in the middle with his head down, lying on his arms. A woman that Ayanna nor Sam recognized was curled up a few feet from Teal'c.

"Daniel? Daniel!" Ayanna's hushed whispers weren't enough to wake the archeologist, but she didn't dare speak any louder. For she might wake the prisoners in the other cells, who might in turn alert the Jaffa of her presence. So she found a stick and put it through the bars and brushed it against Daniel's arm. He swatted it away; she tried again.

Daniel's eyes opened, it took him a moment to focus, but he quickly noticed the familiar blond figure by the entrance to their cell. He pulled himself up and crawled closer to the bars. This movement awoke O'Neill who sat still and watched Daniel speak to their former comrade.

"Sam?"

"No, Ayanna."

"Oh, um... Of course. Are you here to get us out of here?" Jack studied Ayanna; both the symbiote and host knew that he didn't like the idea of Sam's blending, but there was nothing he could do about it. He never did trust the Tok'ra fully; to him they were too much like the Goa'uld.

"Yes. It will take a few hours to cut the bars, but I should be done a few hours before dawn." Ayanna pulled the laser device from her pocket and set to work. It would take her longer since the hole would have to be bigger for Teal'c to fit through.

"How have you... Er... Sam... How have you *both* been?" Sam laughed at Daniel's stuttering, but Ayanna merely answered with brief statement, then continued to concentrate on her work.

"We have both been well."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lantash lay awake in the bed made of feather stuffed silk cushions. He was in one of the inns that were not far from the prison. His mind was racing. What if Ayanna was having difficulties? If she was discovered, Apollo would have her killed and then his attention would go to destroying the Tok'ra. /So, let us hope she is not discovered./ Lantash said in Martouf's mind.

Lantash was... Bored. There was no other way to put it. He was bored. Martouf was good company, but at the moment his symbiote was in a dull mood. Only thinking of Samantha and being rather pessimistic; constantly worrying. He kept reminding Lantash that she was new to much of the technology and the Tok'ra ways. Lantash reminded him that she was blended with a very wise Tok'ra and she was purely capable.

Martouf knew she was capable. She was intelligent, strong and independent, but he couldn't help but feel anxious. He didn't want to lose her; he had already lost Jolinar and he would NOT lose Samantha. It was out of the question.

Lantash had to stay in the room until it was time to leave to meet Ayanna. Otherwise, he might draw unnecessary attention. There were approximately three hours until dawn; his lover should have found the Tau'ri and be breaking them out.

The thought of using his communicator crossed his mind, but he knew that if she was in a situation that required quiet, that could mean ruining the plan. So he remained silent; continued to dwell in his thoughts and receive input from Martouf every so often.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Not to rush you or anything, but couldn't you hurry a bit?" Ayanna glared O'Neill; she thought about leaving, but Sam wouldn't allow her. Sam reminded her that she was not only here to help O'Neill, but Daniel, Teal'c and the woman who had introduced herself as Captain Edeya Bryzel; an astrophysicist and astronomer.

"I'm almost finished."

"Jack, just be patient." Daniel was the only one who was acting normal toward Ayanna. He mistakenly called her Sam once or twice, but he didn't act with disrespect like O'Neill and he didn't remain silent like Teal'c who normally would've spoken a tad more than he did. And Edeya... Ayanna couldn't pass judgment on her, nor could Sam.

The bar gave easily when Ayanna pulled on it. At last she was finished; there was little over an hour left before sunrise. They would have to hurry if they wanted to meet Lantash on time. Ayanna watched as Edeya climbed through the hole easily since the brunette only stood 5'2 and looked tiny. Daniel crawled through, then Teal'c who had a bit of difficulty and finally Colonel O'Neill.

"You must remain silent. There are Jaffa along the edge of the trees, as I am sure you already know."

"Yeah, we know, we saw them on the way in." O'Neill's tone was condescending and Ayanna didn't like it at all. She knew there was bitterness between him and her host, but he didn't have to act in such a childish manner.

"Follow me closely and don't stop for anything. Do you understand?"

"Yeah, we know how to do covert. We're pretty good at it."

"Then why is it you were caught?" O'Neill was about to say something further, but Daniel glared at him. They didn't need to be arguing at that moment, then needed to escape. Ayanna turned around without another word and began to weave her way around the brush and the outer walls of the cells.

When they came to the metal bridge; Ayanna stopped and looked across for Jaffa and sure enough, there were two standing on the other side with their backs to the island. It would be easy to shoot them with a Zat gun, but she didn't have one. It would've been noticed by the Jaffa and Apollo, so she didn't bring one.

"What's wrong? Run out of ideas?" O'Neill was really trying her patience.

"There are two Jaffa at the end of the bridge and I have no weapons and I doubt you do either."

"No, they don't usually let prisoners keep their guns. It's kind of dangerous for them to do that." Ayanna was lost for ideas; if they attempted an unarmed attack, they would draw too much attention and more Jaffa would come. A water escape would be noticed as well.

/Cause a distraction and let them escape./ Ayanna ignored Sam's self-sacrificing suggestion, but her host was quite persistent. Eventually, she decided it might be the only way for anyone to escape alive.

"Daniel, I am to meet Lantash at dawn a slight ways out of the city. You will go there if I don't make it and tell him what has occurred here. Do you understand?"

"Wh... What are you going to do?"

"I am going to cause a distraction in the water, thus drawing the Jaffa long enough for you to escape unnoticed." The archeologist shook his head.

"We can't let you do that." Ayanna bowed her head signifying the transfer from her control to Sam's.

"Daniel, if I don't, then there's no way any of us will escape. We're in the middle of a Goa'uld run empire with Jaffa surrounding us. I'll be fine, but on the off-chance I'm not, tell Lantash what happened, he'll know what to do." Sam glanced up at O'Neill who was gazing at her with a strange expression on his face. Daniel nodded his approval forlornly. "As soon as you see those two Jaffa run, you goes need to get out of here." Daniel turned to Jack to make sure all of this was okay with him, the colonel shrugged his consent.

Sam took a deep breath, then ran towards the edge of the water and dove in gracefully. O'Neill watched the Jaffa turn and see what made the noise, they saw Sam bobbing in the water and swimming vivaciously for the shore on the opposite side of the small channel. Just as Sam had suspected, they left their post to capture her. They dashed across the bridge, completely unnoticed.

The water was freezing and had a foul smell to it. The thought of that creature that devoured birds during the day kept Sam moving quickly. She felt something brush past her leg, that only fueled her energy. She was concentrating to hard on whatever was in the water with her to notice the Jaffa waiting for her, ready to shoot if she tried anything.

She was only a couple feet from the shore when something rammed into her side, sending her under the water. She gasped for air, but all she inhaled was the putrid water. Her arms flailed and she kicked out, hoping to hit whatever it was attacking her. Her left hand ran across the rough hide of the creature.

Something grabbed her arm and yanked her out of the water. /This may be the only time I have ever been thankful for Jaffa!/ Ayanna stated as one of them threw Sam onto the ground and shouted at her in Goa'uld. They were demanding the reason for her insolence. She remained silent.

Without the Jaffa noticing as they led her toward the temple, Ayanna took control, as to keep the lie Lantash had woven seeming real.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lantash was leaning against a tree, away from the path so he wouldn't be noticed by any travelers that might have gone by. He saw Daniel Jackson before he saw anyone else. He didn't look happy. In fact, he looked distressed, so did the woman behind him. Teal'c looked... Teal'c looked like Teal'c, but O'Neill looked angry, distraught and guilty all at the same time. Ayanna wasn't with them.

"Where is Ayanna?!" Lantash demanded as he stepped out of his hiding place.

"Apollo has her. There was no way for us to escape so Sam volunteered to make a distraction that would allow us enough time to get away."

"And you let her!?"

"Both Samantha and Ayanna were adamant, Lantash." Teal'c's normally monotone voice was lightly laced with remorse. Edeya decided that the look on this man's face was that of disgust. It was similar to the one that Colonel O'Neill had been wearing when he saw the former member of SG-1, Samantha Carter.

"I must return for her. You will go through the gate, back to your world." Lantash was about to begin his journey back into the city.

"Lantash, we have to help you. It's our fault."

"Danny, you heard him. He wants us to go."

"JACK! How can you act like this? Sam has saved you more times than I care to count! You owe this to her." Jack was silent for several moments, he didn't know what to say. He did owe this to Sam even if she did go off and lived with the Tok'ra without a second thought.

"All right, all right... What do we do?"

"I am going to approach Apollo, he will no doubt be angry and blame me for Ayanna's actions. He will attempt to have Ayanna and myself executed. We will escape then."

"Oh really? Doesn't sound just a bit iffy to you?"

"*Iffy*?"

"Yeah, iffy. Doesn't sound like the best plan."

"I do not see any alternatives." O'Neill thought for a moment, then nodded his consent.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So you have aided in the escape of four others and attempted to escape yourself. You do realize this warrants your death, correct?" Ayanna didn't speak. "Yet... I don't want to waste your beauty on death. I would rather keep you here with me." Apollo stood behind her close enough for Ayanna to feel his warm breath on her skin. "That way I can be sure you pay your debt by serving me any way I see fit."

"I will do nothing for you." Before Ayanna could do anything further, Apollo turned her around and had her secured in a torturous lock by a hand device.

"Are you still so sure about that?" Ayanna couldn't speak, her mind couldn't function to allow her to speak. She screamed out in pain; it was a tormented cry thick with anguish. Then Apollo dropped his hand and Ayanna fell to the ground, unconscious, but alive.

Two of Apollo's servants carried her out of the room to prepare her to serve him. She jolted awake when a young woman slapped her. Ayanna's eyes glowed with anger; she quickly studied her surroundings, a dressing room of sorts. The woman who had slapped her had black hair and wore a revealing outfit made from silk.

"So you're the one who'll take my place!?" Ayanna was taken back by the woman's outburst. What did she mean? "I suppose you don't even know yet, do you?" Ayanna shook her head. "You're to be Apollo's paramour, I suppose he became tired of me. And now I'm to dress you appropriately." The woman stormed off in the direction of a wardrobe and pulled the doors open, allowing them to slam against the walls.

She pulled out a pile of silk and sheer fabric and tossed them to Ayanna who examined them with distaste. A sleeveless shirt that would show off her midriff and a skirt with a slit up the side that reached to her upper thigh. All made from silk with sheer sashes hanging from the bottom of the skirt.

"I will not wear this." The woman smiled impishly.

"If you do not, you will die." Ayanna decided that the woman was against her completely. She detested her for taking her place, well Ayanna didn't want her place as a prostitute for a Goa'uld. The woman could keep her place! Although, the alternative was death... And that was unacceptable. So she turned her back on the woman who made it quite obvious that she wasn't leaving and changed into the attire.

It fit snugly, but it was supposed to. When Ayanna looked into the mirror she noticed her host had lost weight since she had joined the Tok'ra. Samantha told her it was because she didn't have access to sweets and fast food; plus she was active most of the time. Her hair was growing out and her skin was a bit more tanned, too.

The woman took Ayanna's hand and roughly dragged her out of the room and toward Apollo's throne chamber. The woman swore at her under her breath. Ayanna still didn't understand the resentment, didn't she understand it wasn't her fault?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Daniel marveled at Lantash's sangfroid; He was perfectly calm as he strode down the long corridor that led to Apollo's chamber. Teal'c had remained outside the city since his Goa'uld larvae would be sensed by Apollo. Edeya, Jack and Daniel wore long robes that covered their faces, thus enabling them to follow Lantash unnoticed. Most took them for his servants or followers.

Lantash walked into the Goa'uld lord's chamber with the arrogance that Jack had begun to associate with the Tok'ra. He wondered if Sam was like that now; he hadn't seen her much since her blending.

Lantash bowed before Apollo, the other three followed his lead. It took no time for Lantash to notice his love lying in front of Apollo's throne in garments that didn't do much to cover her smooth skin. She was bound by two iron chains, one was attached to her wrists, another to her ankles. The plan changed in that exact moment. Apollo obviously didn't plan on executing her, so he had to improvise.

Without looking too conspicuous, Lantash glanced around the room: no Jaffa, there were two standing outside the door, but the door was shut. Ayanna had a feeling she knew what he was planning, but she remained impassive and still at Apollo's feet.

"Why is it she is not dead?"

"I have decided to keep her as a pet. She will pay for her crimes in due time." Lantash brought his hand behind his back, but he knew that Apollo would have enough time to activate a shield if he saw him pull the Zat gun from its place under his vest.

Ayanna also realized that as well. She swung the chain that was attached to her wrists up toward Apollo. He put his hands out in defense. It distracted him long enough for Lantash to pull out his Zat gun and shoot the Goa'uld twice.

Everyone stood still for several moments, anticipating the Jaffa outside the door to burst in and a fire fight to begin. But it was silent. No one came in. Ayanna sighed with relief, then pulled the key to her chains from Apollo's limp body and unlocked her restraints.

"There aren't any guards outside that door." Ayanna pointed to a small bronze door in the side of the room. Everyone ran to the door and exited the building quietly, hoping that no one would notice anything had happened until they were gone.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Teal'c had been waiting for SG-1 and the two Tok'ra for a little over an hour and was relieved when he saw them scurrying from the city. O'Neill explained to him what happened as they began their trek for the 'Gate.

They walked most of the way in relative silence; Daniel made a few comments on the civilization that lived in the city and the symbols he had been able to decipher, but the only one actually listening was Edeya. Edeya Bryzel. Sam took control of her body so that she could speak to this new member of SG-1. Her replacement.

Edeya watched as Ayanna bowed her head and then spoke in a normal voice. Daniel had explained to her before that that meant it was no longer the symbiote that had control.

"Hi Edeya. We were never properly introduced. I'm Sam Carter." Edeya took the extended hand offered to her and shook it.

"Yeah, I know; I've heard a lot about you. I'm Captain Edeya Bryzel; I'm an astrophysicist like yourself."

"I doubt she'll leave us to live with the snake hea... The Tok'ra though." That was it, Sam had witnessed the colonel disrespect Ayanna and now *this*. He had no right to pass judgment on either of them.

"Damn it, Jack!" Despite Daniel's admonishment, he continued to look Sam in the eyes with a defiance.

"Look colonel, I know you don't like the fact that I've been blended, but it saved my life and I actually like it! Is that so hard to understand?! Would you rather I had died?" Lantash and the others remained silent as the O'Neill and Carter had their face off. O'Neill stopped and stared down into Sam's eyes.

"Carter, I'm glad you're still alive, but was it necessary to leave us and the SGC? Do you realize it took four people to replace you?! Do you even think about it anymore? About Cassie, Doc, your brother?"

"You know I do! If I didn't still think about Earth, do you think I would've come here to save you? I come back once a month, that was the agreement. I come back to make sure everything is all right and to see if I can do anything. I haven't come these past two months because I've had more important things to handle." O'Neill was stunned. He was acting childish. The 'reptile' in her head had saved her life and now she was *happy* with the Tok'ra. Happy with *him*. He wouldn't apologize, no... He would just stop.

The rest of the walk was silent. When they reached the gate, Daniel gave Sam a hug and said he'd be waiting eagerly for her next visit. She shook hands with Edeya and Teal'c. The colonel left without a word. Then the gate shut down, waiting for Lantash to put in the next coordinates.

He bowed his head, giving Martouf dominance. He looked to her with a concerned expression, she hadn't spoken a word since the argument with O'Neill and she looked troubled. "Are you all right?"

"Yeah, I just didn't expect that, especially after you've rescued someone." Martouf drew her into a hug and ran his fingers through her hair.

"He cannot remain angry forever. He just needs time to realize it won't change." Sam nodded and Martouf brushed away a tear that was forming in the corner of her eye. He leaned down and brushed a kiss over her lips.

"I love you." Martouf awarded her words with another kiss before reciprocating the statement. Then he turned and dialed out. The 'Gate sprang to life and the two Tok'ra walked through.

Once they reached the other side, it didn't take them long to realize something was wrong. The sound of a Goa'uld glider could be heard in the distance once the 'Gate closed. Martouf could see several of them in the sky in the distance.

Martouf ran to the DHD, Sam immediately followed him. It took him a few seconds to dial out, they watched the event horizon leap forward, then backward. A glider was approaching quickly, but not fast enough. For they jumped through before the craft could fire upon them.

On the other side they found several Tok'ra still on the surface, carrying trunks and supplies to the transporter rings. They joined them and were taken down into the tunnels which were still being 'grown'. Garshaw was found ordering several of the Tok'ra around. She turned to Martouf and Sam with a distraught look in her eyes.

"A few hours after you left, we had to evacuate. This time we were there less than a few days... We must have a traitor among us, that's too quickly for us to have been found." Garshaw's stony gaze was focused on Sam as she said that last part. It was then that Sam realized she was a suspect... They wouldn't do anything immediately because they had no proof, but she knew they would have their eye on her. "When the spy is found, action *WILL* be taken."

End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Aftyn Victoria