Point of View von Oonagh

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Bemerkung:

Set sometime shortly after Teyla connects with the wraith.
Point of View By Oonagh

The Wraith stood on the bridge of his ship and looked out into space, trying to ignore the embarrassing, repugnant sense of hunger emanating from those around him. He knew it would end soon - that they would all feed to capacity, that balance would be restored. For that reason he could deal with it. His thoughts turned to the source of the much anticipated food. To the ancient city if Atlantis. Despite their favourable intelligence reports he felt a distinct twinge of unease. He could remember the last time they attacked this world. Yes, they had won, to a certain extent, but they had never conquered and the siege had gained them little food. And that is what he feared. This time they couldn't afford a situation like that. They had awoken early, hungry as always but without the huge amount of food necessary to assuage that hunger. The herds had not had long enough to breed and produce the numbers needed. He understood the need for new feeding grounds and he accepted that this new world, earth, could meet this need better than any planet in this galaxy. But he was concerned that the risk was too great, that they were too weak, too hungry and, despite reports, that the Ancients had returned. And, he reflected looking at the others on the bridge, he feared desperation. This wasn't just a fight for the sake of a fight. Not for the earth people. For them it was a fight for survival. During his long life the wraith had learned that desperate creatures fought longer and harder than any other. And the earth people were desperate, even more so than the wraith. They had no choice but to win or face total destruction. This would lend them strength. But it wouldn't lend them numbers. This armada he travelled with was vast and the defenders were few and easily killed. Even with their problems, the Wraith were still superior - still the dominant species. Feeling stronger, he made his way to his duty station. Yes, the people of Atlantis would fall, their inferiority made it inevitable, and then the door to earth would be open. The Wraith were ever victorious and this would not change now. He smiled, exposing the pointed teeth of a carnivore, and sent a message to the Atlanteans, to the weak creature he had earlier felt in his head. STAND AND WAIT. WE COME. AND WE WILL VANQUISH. WE WILL FEED. ABANDON HOPE.