The Curse of the Blue Jello I von StargateNerd

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Bemerkung:

This idea popped into my head whilst watching Sam eat jello in 'Proving Ground'
Colonel John Sheppard sat gloomily in the Atlantis commissary. Nothing was going right for him. He couldn't find his golf clubs, Dr. Weir had outlawed paintball, and he couldn't even get anybody to play cards with him!

He looked up as Ronon sat down across from him with some blue jello. "Tough day, huh?" Ronon asked.

"Yeah," John admitted. "I can't play any sports or anything. I can't even get anybody to play cards with me! I don't understand it."

"You're probably just in a slump. It happens. Cheer up. Maybe the Wraith will stage an attack against some peaceful people and then we can go beat the crap out of the life-sucking idiots. That's always fun." The jello made an annoying sound as Ronon slurped it.

Sheppard winced. "Do you have to do that? I don't like the sound jello makes. It makes me feel all...creepy."

"Fine," the runner pouted. "I'll go eat my jello elsewhere." Ronon stomped off, jello in hand.

"What's gotten into him?" Rodney McKay asked as Ronon bumped into him on his way towards Sheppard's table.

"Haven't a clue," the colonel said. He inwardly groaned. Rodney was the reason Dr. Weir had outlawed paintball in the first place. After playing a game of it with Sheppard in the old, abandoned part of the city, McKay had claimed that it was "too dangerous." For crying out loud, it's just paint! And it washes off, too! Sure, it might hurt a little, but from the way the condescending scientist described it, you would think it was life-threatening!

He snapped back to the present. Hmm, time for a little mischief. "Hey, Merideth, you hear what's for lunch today?"

McKay frowned. "I thought I told you not to call me that. And what do I care what's for lunch today?"

Col. Sheppard smiled enticingly. "It's your favorite."

Rodney perked up. "Tuna fish?"

"No, it's lemon merengue pie, decked with grapefruit, lemon, and orange. Plenty of vitamin C."

McKay squeaked, then set off at a run to seek refuge among his non-citrus stash of snacks.

John sat back in his chair, feeling a little better for having made Rodney miserable, or at least deathly afraid.

Dr. Carson Beckett sat down next to him with a bowl of blue jello. Sheppard groaned. "Not you too! Enough with the blue jello already! I can't take it anymore!" He stormed out of the mess hall.

Carson looked confused. "Was it something I did?" he wondered aloud, taking a nice, loooong slurp of his blue jello.