Past, presnet and the Future von Adi-Arty

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +

The day’s were becoming longer and the nights were becoming shorter, clear sign that summer had come, and on Atlantis that means more time to work! Rodney stood at the table in the lab looking at the results that his minions had sent to him. He slammed down his hand and raised from his stool, “Why is it I have to do everything in this place, I swear if they don’t start sending smart people I’ll shoot myself.” Rodney stomped off muttering to himself, the others in the lab looked to the door then back to their station and back to their work.

 

 

Dr. Elizabeth Weir looked up from her computer and looked to her watch; it was 12 noon Atlantis time, which meant that it was early morning on the gate station, she looked up from her watch and looked through the door to the control room, and it was clam people going about their day to make sure that they were all safe. She stood from her seat and walked across the bridge to stand next to Chuck, “Are we ready for them to arrive?” she looked to Chuck who was running the last check through the system, “Yes, all the systems are functional.” he looked to her, whom nodded her head, Chuck looked back to the computer and began to dial the gate, the gate began to light as he hit the keys but someone or something was faster on the other side, “In coming worm hole.” Chuck raised the shield and looked at the computer screen waiting for an IDC. “Anything?” Elizabeth looked to him; he shook his head and looked back to the computer. she looked to the gate again hoping that something wasn’t going to break in and destroy the city and the people within, she was snapped out of the thought when a voice came over the radio, “Atlantis base, this is the gate station places respond.” Elizabeth let go of the breath she didn’t realise she was holding. She looked to Chuck who opens the channel, “Gate station this is Atlantis base, it good to hear from you, you gave us a bit of a fright just then, why didn’t you send you’re IDC?” she walked onto the balcony, “I’m afraid that was destroyed when the station was taken over last month, we are still waiting for a new one!” she looked to the gate room floor with a smile on her face, “far enough, I take it this call is to inform us that you are ready for transport?” she began to walk across the control room and the top of the stairs, “Yes we are ready, just lower the shield and ill send them through.” she looked up to Chuck, “Lower the shield and let them through.” She looked forward when she heard the shield deactivate, she looked to the water pool just as the new members of the team entered Atlantis for the first time.

 

 

“Ok the shield is down your ok to walk though, good luck to you and hope to see you alive and well soon.” The gate tec looked at them all and smiled, she could see the fear on their faces, she hated seeing that look on people she often saw it become worse when they come back, she looked back to the gate in time to see the last person walk through and to their new home, and hopeful not their last. “All are through. Hope to hear from you soon, Gate station out” the gate shut down as the new members entered the gate room on Atlantis, their heads looked at the sight around them and never landed on a single person, Elizabeth walked down the stairs and stood in front of the new Doctors. “Welcome to Atlantis, I am Dr. Elizabeth Weir and I’m leader of this site.” she looked at all the new members trying to see if any of them could last. She looked forward again and spoke to them all, “Right I shall be showing you to your rooms, I’m afraid I can only show you the corridor and how any doors down and what side it is on, but once you are there, you’re welcome to rest and get yourself settled, someone will then collect you in the morning to take you to your departments.” With that said Elizabeth began to walk to the right of the gate, all the new Doctor followed.

 

 

It took no longer then 10 minutes to get all the new Doctor heading to their rooms but there was always one that took the most, “Right this is the corridor in which your quarters are located, go right to the bottom and turn right, and it the first door on the right” Elizabeth looked at the young Doctor and nodded, the Young Doctor began to walk down the corridor, when the Doctor turned round, “This room seems to be quite far from the others, did I do something wrong?” The young Doctor looked to Weir with panic; Elizabeth couldn’t believe what she was hearing. She didn’t say anything to begin with as she was shocked with the question, when she could talk her voice couldn’t hide the joy, “What on earth makes you think that you have done something wrong, these are the next lot of rooms that are available for us to use, your application was handed in late so the others were signed to those rooms even before we knew  you would be becoming here, if you have any problems your radio is on your desk, just call the control tower and someone will help you.” Weir looked at the young Doctor and smiled, the young Doctor looked back and gave a small smile and began to walk down the corridor, Weir shock her head and began walking back to her office.

 

“Wow it’s creepy down here,” The young Doctor looked at the corridor, it was barely lit and there were deep dark shadows everywhere, “God I wish I didn’t love horror movies!” the Doctor continued walking down the dark and silent corridor the only sound that could be heard was the ocean but only if you listen very closely . The Doctor continued to walk down the corridor till the end could be seen, “OK, that wasn’t too bad I now just have to turn right...” As the young Doctor turned a sound made its way down the corridor the Doctor froze, the sound wasn’t human; the Doctor quickly made their way to the wall and placed their back against it, “What am I doing? It’s an old city it going to make noise.” The young Doctor blew out a calming breath and began to walk again, only a few seconds after the Doctor began walking there was a voice, the Doctor came to haut, frozen to the spot the Doctor listened  the noise was getting closer form in front no, the Doctor turned around, the noise was coming from behind the Doctor turned and began to walk quickly to reach the first door on the right, the young Doctor looked behind to see nothing but hear the noise getting closer, the Doctor turned to face forward but collided with a solid object , the Doctor was forced back hard causing their head to impact the ground and the dark shadows to sallow the remain light.

 

Rodney stomped off down the corridor and to the transporter muttering his hatred to his staff under his breath, when he enter the enclosed spaced his push any button without looking, “Why do I have to be stuck with all the imbeciles, I’m the greatest mind in two galaxy’s they can at least find someone that is somewhat to my level and speed!” Rodney took a step out of the transporter and began to quickly walk down the corridor. He walked down the dimly lit corridor completely lost in his thoughts, that when he collided with an object he snapped out of his rage and for the first time looked around him, “Where the hell am I? And what the hell hit me?” Rodney rubbed his chest and looked to the floor, his eyes widen with shock when he saw a young Girl on the floor, he looked at her, she couldn’t be any older then 20, she had her hair tired back into a bun, she wore a red blouse with a jet black skirt that came to her mid thigh, her skin was pale, much to pale, he got up and walked over to the young girl, he moved her bag out of the way so he could reach her, he kneeled done next to her side, “Hay can you hear me?” the young girl didn’t respond, her face was facing away from him, so he turned her head and what he saw panic him, there was a massive burse forming on the  right side of her face, he took one look, he pick her bag up and slung it on his shoulder and placed one hand under her shoulders and under her legs and continued to pick her up, he turned round and headed back to the transporter and hit the button closest to the infirmary .

 

When the doors opened Rodney made his way to the infirmary as quickly as he could, he could see that the bruise had reach her eye and was working its way down her face, he walked into the infirmary, “CARSON!” his yelling made the people closest jump, they all turned their heads to see what had caused him to yell and all their eyes fell upon the young girl in his arms, he stormed forward past all of them, “CARSON, I NEED HELP!” As he placed the girl on the bed Carson appeared on the other side, “What happened Rodney?” Carson began to look the girl over, “I was walking down one of the corridors, I wasn’t looking where I was going and I collided with her, I think she hit her head,” he looked down to the young girl with sad and guilt in his eyes, he then reach forward to turn her head to show Carson the damage, he heard a gasp and looked up at Carson, “I think she hit her head really hard, I didn’t even see her if I only looked where I was going I could have stopped this...” he looked up to Carson begging forgiveness, it surprised Carson, out of all the people that first came to Atlantis Rodney showed the most change, “Rodney it wasn’t your fault, these thing happened, but I will need to help this poor lass” Carson hurried off to get what he needed, Rodney looked back to the girls face, she was beautiful, he reached for her hand and gripped it closed to his chest, he leaned forward till he was level with her face, “Am so sorry” he looked to her hoping to see any sign but nothing, he closed his eyes and moved back, Carson was behind him, “Rodney there was nothing you could have done, now I need to get to her face and I’m going to need your help.” Carson placed his hand on Rodney shoulder.

 

Elizabeth was sat in her office when Carson walked in, “Hullo Elizabeth” she looked up from her computer, “Hullo Carson, what can I do for you?” he sat down in the seat in front of her, he placed his hands on his lap and looked at Elizabeth he didn’t say anything but she could see the worry in his eyes, “Carson what’s wrong?” She sat up in her seat ready for the worst, “Rodney came rushing into the infirmary...” he looked down to his hands and took a deep breath, Elizabeth shot up from her seat, “Is Rodney alright?” The fear in her voice scared Carson to the core, “What? Yes Rodney is fine...” she calmed down when she heard those words but she was still worried, she has never seen Carson looked so worried, he lifted his head, “...It’s the young girl that Rodney brought in that I’m worried about, she took a nasty blow to the head, and I’ve had the cut open her face to drain the blood, if I hadn’t she could have died, but I have no record of her.” he looked to Elizabeth hoping for an answer, “New members came from the Gate station a couple of hours ago, so their information wouldn’t be in the dater base yet, but I have their files here...” she reached across her desk and into the draw, she pulled out a large pile of folders, she handed Carson half the pile, “Looked through these, what was she wearing?” she opened the first file. “She was wearing a red blouse and her hair was in a bun, she is about 20 years old.” As he was talking he opened the first file on his lap, “oh she also has a wee scar above her right eye” Elizabeth looked at Carson then down to the gate, “Yes I remember her, she was the last one I showed to their rooms” They both looked through the files, there was so much paper in the files that Carson was away from the infirmary to long, Elizabeth heard the voice she looked up and jumped when Carson shot up from his chair and throw all the files to the floor, he was out the door and down the stair even before Elizabeth was out if her chair. She made her way round her desk and headed towards the door, when she stopped to look at the picture, she picked the picture and the file in which it came from, and made her way to the infirmary.

 

Elizabeth jogged into the infirmary; she came to a halt to when she couldn’t see Carson, she turned to another Doctor, “where is Carson?” she looked at the Doctor whom pointed to the far end of the infirmary, she looked to where he had pointed, “Thank you” she jogged past the doors and found Carson standing over one of the beds, “Carson I think I found who it was Rodney brought in...” she walked around to the other side of the bed and what she saw made the blood drain form her face, “C...C...Carson what...” but she didn’t finish what she said as she blacked out.

 

“Elizabeth can you hear me love?”  The voice was thick with worry; she opened her eyes to come face to face with the worried voice and of course it was Carson, “Yes I can hear and see you, what happened?” She sat up and rubbed her forehead, she looked backed to Carson, “You fainted about 5 minutes ago and I don’t blame you.” he stood back and put his hands in his lab coat pockets he gave her a small smile, she smiled back but she couldn’t help looking at the young girl across the room from her, “What happened to her? and what did you do to her?” she had got off the bed and walked over to stand over the young girl, her head was lifted off the bed and the sheets were becoming red, “Rodney told me that he collided with her and her head hit the ground hard, a bruise was forming down the right hand side of her face I had to cut across the centre of it to drain the blood otherwise the pressure would have coursed her skull to brake, I thought I had stopped it but the bruise was still growing, that is why I ran off I had to do another incision and then when u came in, well you saw for yourself,” he looked to the young Girl he then looked back to Elizabeth and down to the folder, she followed his eyes, she took out the picture and handed it to Carson, “Wow she beautiful, and I’ve destroyed that,” he looked to the young Girl, “ it something you couldn’t help Carson and I’m sure she will understand.” She looked at Carson and gave him a small smile, he smiled back but it quickly disappeared, “she is 20 years old, soon to be 21, she is form England, she 5 foot 4 and her name isn’t here” She lifted all the sheets in the folder, she looked back to Carson who still had the photograph in his hand, “Carson what is that on the back of the photo?” He looked up to her and then turned the photo round, he looked at the words that were written, he was shocked with what he saw, he looked back to the girl, “What is it Carson?” Elizabeth walked round the bed to look at the name, she drew in a gasp. She drew her hand up to her radio, “Rodney could you come to the infirmary it’s important?”

 

Rodney was in the lab seating at his desk, he was lost in his thoughts, that he didn’t hear when someone enter the lab and stood next to him, “Earth to McKay!” he didn’t even flinch, “Hay McKay?” he jumped when a hand landed on his shoulder, “Whoa buddy it only me, are you ok?” Rodney looked up and came eye to eye with John Sheppard who had his hands in the air, “John when did u get here? How long have u been standing there?” Rodney came back to himself and sat back down, he looked back up to John waiting for the answer, “I got here a matter of minutes ago, and you had spaced out, what caused you to space out like that?” he looked away from John and back to the computer screen; he took a deep breath and looked at John’s refection, “there is a young lady in the infirmary because if me.” John looked at him confused, “What do you mean there is a young lady in the infirmary because of you?” he turned in his seat to face John, John looked back, but he also noticed that he had a pair of Glasses in his hands, John looked back up, just as he was about to continue talking, but a voice came over the radio cutting him off, he lifted his hand to tap his radio, “Ok I’ll be there in minute, McKay out” He looked at John, he stood from his seat and walked out the lab, John followed behind, “Rodney were you going?” John had to jog to keep up with him, “I’m going to the infirmary!” John stopped walking, with shock on his face; it took him a minute to get over the impact of what Rodney had just said that when he snapped out of it he had to run to keep up with Rodney at the transporter.

 

When the door opened they were just outside the infirmary, and Rodney stopped, “Hay, you won’t be alone, I’ll be there” John put his hand on Rodney shoulder and gave him a smile, he smiled back, took a deep breath and began to walk forward, he continued to walk forward till he reached the back end of the infirmary, John saw where he was heading, both Carson and Elizabeth were standing around a bed, it was Elizabeth who saw them coming, “Ah Rodney glad you came, oh hullo John.” she nodded her head to him in greeting and he nodded back, but it was the sight on the bed that shocked him more, “Rodney we need to ask you a question, regarding this young lady” Elizabeth pointed to the you girl who was on her side and her head was lifted off the bed the sheet under her was stained red, “What the hell happened to her? Is this what you were talking about back in the lab?” John spun round to face Rodney with anger clear in his face he began to walk towards Rodney, but was stopped, “John it wasn’t his fault he feeling guilty enough about it, but that’s not the reason he was called here” John looked to Carson he seemed to cool down but he looked one last time at Rodney but what he saw pushed all the anger away and left only pity, “Rodney does this girl look familiar to you?” Rodney looked to Elizabeth then to the girl, he looked at her face or what he could see of her face but nothing, “No, she doesn’t, why do u ask?” he looked to her then to Carson; “I’m asking because of her name!” she looked down to the young girl then back to Rodney, this confused and frustrated him, “What are you talking about? What does her name have to do with me?” He looked back and forth between them, “Because her name is Meredith McKay!

Kapitel Abschlussbemerkung: TBC