Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

I Thought I Loved Him

by Brittany
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I thought I loved him

I thought I loved him

by Brittany

Title: I thought I loved him
Author: Brittany
Spoilers: Divide and Conquer
Summery: response to challenge #1392 Sam's confession in D&C.
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. I only own the story. No money was made.
Author's note: I don't usually do S/J fics so I hope this is good. Feedback I welcome at skydiver241@hotmail.com

"I didn't leave, because I would have rather died myself than lose Carter."
"Why?"
"Because I care about her. A lot more than I'm supposed to."

The words echoed in Sam's head. It was hard for her to hear even though she knew the true of them. It had always been there. For almost as long a she remember being on the team. There had always been more than just good teamwork. It may have started out like that. But it didn't stay. And now everything was different. Now it was out in the open. She could no longer pretend the feeling she had for him were that of concern or friendship. And every time he turned one of those genuine smiles her way, she could not pretend not to see the love in his eyes. She watched as the machine returned to normal indicating that he was not a Zatark. Sam walked over and unstrapped his arm. He pulled the headband off and got up. Now it was her turn. Her turn to sit in that chair and spill her heart out in front of him. She sat down. After she was all strapped in, Fraya began.

"When you realized you couldn't get through you told the Colonel to go on without you."

"Yes"

"But he wouldn't leave?"

"No."

"What were you're feelings at the time?"

"I didn't want him to die because of me."

"Why?"

"Because I love him."

There. She had done it. She told the truth with him right there looking at her. Yet it didn't make her feel any better. If anything, it made her feel worst.

"You are also not a Zatark."

"Thank you."

At least she had that much to be grateful for. Jack walked over and unstrapped her arm. She pulled the headband off and stood up.

"Sir, none of this has to leave this room."

"We're okay with that?"

She nodded. Yeah. After all, we're adults. But as much as she wanted to believe it, her heart kept telling her now that it was out there in the open, nothing would ever be the same again. It would always be there sitting on their shoulders haunting them. And she would never be able to deny it again.

The end.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Brittany