Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Without You

by Canadian Psycho
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Without You

Without You

by Canadian Psycho

Summary: Jack's alone, without her.
Category: Filk/Song, Future Story, Hurt/Comfort
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: G
Warnings: character death
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 07/08/03

Without You (Song-fic to Here without you by 3 Doors Down) Author: By Canadian Psycho
Email: joejackjoe@hotmail.com
Category: Hurt/Comfort
Season: Future Season
Pairings: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG
Warnings: Character Death
Summary: Jack's alone, without her.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have made no money on this and intend to infringment. Notes: This was my first dabble into the Stargate SG-1 universe. I'd really appreicate some feedback, as long as its constructive. I don't need to be put down. Thanks.

A hundred days had made me older since the last time that I saw your pretty face A thousand lights had made me colder and I don't think I can look at this the same But all the miles had separate
They disappeared now when I'm dreaming of your face

He remembered everything about that day. The gust of cold wind that brushed his face as he stepped away from the ring. The blue sky, the sound of her voice and the sun. He remembered looking around, looking for some sign. Some sign or omen that something was amiss, off, wrong. He remembered Daniel going on about something, Carter as she spoke those final words. He remembered with startling clearity the sound it made. A sound he'd heard so many other times, and the heat of the impact. As they come out of the forest, their staffs raised, the hail of energy. He remembered the cut off scream that changed his world forever. He remembered his voice, horse with rage, ordering them back. His body trembling with panic as he bent down over her charred body. The hurt as he pulled her dead wieght, the spit second of thought before he was home.

I'm here without you baby but your still on my lonely mind I think about you baby and I dream about you all the time I'm here without you baby but your still with me in my dreams And tonight it's only you and me

The miles just keep rolling as the people either way to say hello I hear this life is overrated but I hope it gets better as we go

In a haze, he sat, his mind too numb to feel. "There's nothing we could do," he remembered Dr. Fraiser's choked voice. The tears already flowing down her face. He remembered Teal'c, just standing there, no visible expression on his face. Daniel, as he walked back and forth, doing his best not to break down. He remembered walking down the hall, barely feeling the weight of his gear. The looks he got as he passed people. He kept expecting her to come around the corner, that smile on her face. He could remember the hours they spent together, offworld and on. He remembered her face, locked in determination as he pulled back her matted hair, his heart breaking.

I'm here without you baby but your still on my lonely mind I think about you baby and I dream about you all the time I'm here without you baby but your still with me in my dreams And tonight girl it's only you and me

Everything I know, and anywhere I go
it gets hard but it won't take away my love And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done it get hard but it won't take away my love

The tears had come. Hours later, when he was alone. His wall still covered with beer, the remnants of the bottle on the floor. His body shaking, his mind racing. He cried harder than he had in years. His face redder than blood, his rage hotter than hell. Her eyes, deep and thoughtfull. Her voice, rich and strong. Her life, so precious and unique. It wasn't supposed to happen, there had been no evidence. Nothing to indicate the danger, no reason not to go. Then, suddenly, they were there. Their armor glistening in the sun, their eyes glistening with hate. No time to react, no time to fight, only time to run. To get back, to safety. She'd been the first, dragging Danny down as they fired. He hadn't seen it, his face had been pressed to the ground. He'd only heard, her final scream as she fell. He'd only smelled, the smell of flesh as the wound killed her. He'd only felt, as her spirit left, taking the best part of him with it.

I'm here without you baby but your still on my lonely mind I think about you baby and I dream about you all the time I'm here without you baby but your still with me in my dreams And tonight girl it's only you and me

I'm here without you baby but your still on my lonely mind I think about you baby and I dream about you all the time I'm here without you baby but your still with me in my dreams but tonight girl it's only you and me

Did she know? Did she feel? Did she fight? Questions he asked, racking his brain for something different. Some reason, some ration behind it all. A mistake, a miscalculation something for it to make sense. How could he go on? She'd never known. All this time he'd loved her and she'd never known. She never would. "Try to get some sleep, I'll call you in the morning." Someone had told him, who was it? He couldn't think. Sleep was impossible, her face engraved in his mind. Her laugh still in his hears. How could he go on? Here, without her. Her still on his lonely mind. Her still in his dreams, even after all these years. He looked up, his eyes taking in the sun, the grey stone in front of him. His eyes still watered, as he read the words engraved on it: Major Samatha Carter USAF, died in service to her country. Remebered by a father, brother, niece and nephew. And, an old Colonel. Without you.

I'm here without you baby but your still on my lonely mind I think about you baby and I dream about you all the time I'm here without you baby but your still with me in my dreams but tonight girl it's only you and me

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Canadian Psycho