Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Midgard - The Song

by Cathain Nottingham
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Midgard - The Song

Midgard - The Song

by Cathain Nottingham

Summary: Sam and Jack go on a post rock show date.
Category: Filk/Song, Romance, Series
Episode Related: 405 Divide and Conquer
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 02/01/04

Title: Midgard III

Rating: PG

Spoilers: "Divide and Conquer" Season 4 (Mentioned)

Season: Any

Summary: The girls night out turns into a night that Sam will never forget.

Author's Note: Please see the after thought for more.

Disclaimer: I don't own the Stargate SG-1 universe, just barrowing for entertainment purposes. I do own the plot and Sam's song.

--------------------------

Sam could feel her body tighten as she took in a sharp breath, "*I'm alone with Jack in his truck, on the way to a "date" that I invited him out on, be still my heart*."

"Are you okay?" Jack asked glancing over towards Sam.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine." Sam grinned at him and the cab fell into silence again.

--------------------------

Jack pulled into one of the few remaining parking spots in front of O'Malley's and he and Sam jumped out of the cab. The pair headed into the bar.

"Hey Nick, can you send over two beers? Thanks." Sam asked the bartender as Jack headed straight for the last remaining booth in his favorite corner. He and Sam small talked until their beers arrived, "*Okay I'll just ask him now...okay ask already*!"

"Why didn't you tell me?" Sam asked adverting her gaze.

"I didn't tell anyone." Jack answered.

"But you told me that you didn't play." Sam said, now finding the courage to look him in the eye.

"I didn't. For a long time music was a grim reminder of everything that had happened in my life. Until you asked me about the guitar." Jack explained.

"How did that have anything to do with your playing?" Sam asked, taking a few sips of her beer.

"You helped me realize that I had a life after Charlie. I had you." Jack said as he and Sam locked eyes, then realizing what he said, he elaborated, "And Teal'c and Danny and Jonas too."

"Of course." Sam agreed feeling suddenly flushed.

"The reason why I never told anyone was because my songs are kinda expressive, I admit to having feelings that I shouldn't be having if you know what I mean." Jack said after a sip of his beer.

"Yeah, I think I understood the secret meaning behind "Air Force Blues"." Sam answered with a small grin.

"You must be quite talented because that's a hard one." Jack said jokingly and he and Sam shared a moment.

"*So he does still have feelings for me*." With the thought a sudden wave of guilt washed over her, "*I need someway of letting him know that I still feel the same way. Damn, where's a Zartarc test when you need one*?"

"I wish I could be expressive in that manner, but I'm not good at it." Sam admitted as she drank more of her beer.

"You not being good at something? Get out of town." Jack said with a shake of his head.

"It's just, all of the poetry I tried to write growing up and the few songs I attempted were horrible. They seemed forced if that makes any sense." Sam explained.

"Yeah, I know what you mean, that's why you have to find something that you're really passionate about, something you feel so deeply that you can't even pretend that you can deny it anymore and use it as your muse." Jack said.

Again Sam found her face flushing and she had only finished about half of her beer, "*It's no use, I try and change the subject but it just keeps coming back to us*."

Just then Jack reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out his cell phone. Once in the palm of his hand Sam could hear the small communication device hum, it was on silent mode.

"Aw it's Daniel. I'll be back in a minute." Jack said excusing himself.

Sam quickly rummaged though her purse and found the item that she was searching for, a pen. Grabbing a napkin she quickly began scribbling out what was racing though her mind. She finished and folded it just as Jack returned back to the table.

"Sorry about that." Jack apologized as he returned to his seat and his beer. "Danny wanted to ask if I wanted to meet him at O'Malley's."

Sam held Jack's gaze, understanding what that meant, either she could stay or choose to get home. Quickly checking her watch she was half surprised to find it reading nine forty-five. "*Do I stay or do I go*?"

"I might as well go home, I'm supposed to be on base for SG-10's return tomorrow so I should really get some rest." Sam shrugged.

"Okay, lets go." Jack said grabbing his jacket and waiting for Sam to join him.

--------------------------

Jack pulled up in front of Sam's house in less than ten minutes and turned the ignition off, allowing silence to fill the cab of the truck.

"Well..." Jack finally said.

"Well..." Sam said quite quickly after him. "I really loved the show."

"Why don't I let you know the next time we're playing and you can come down, I can give you a backstage tour, though there isn't much of a backstage but..." Jack just kept talking.

"That sounds really great." Sam nodded.

"Maybe I can give you a lesson in song writing too." Jack grinned.

"Sounds terrific." Sam grinned back. "I guess I should let you get back, Daniel's probably waiting."

"Yeah. Okay, thanks for the drink." Jack acknowledged.

"No problem. See you tomorrow then. Night." Sam said her goodbyes as she grabbed the handle of the door and gave it a tug, but nothing happened, "Um..."

"Damn door, keeps getting stuck. I'll get it." Jack said sliding out of the truck and heading around to open Sam's door from the outside. Sam saw her chance to pull the note filled napkin out of her pocket and put it on Jack's seat. Her door opened and Jack bowed, "Madame."

Sam let out a small laugh as she climbed down and out of the truck, "Thank you and goodnight *again*."

"Night." Jack grinned as Sam walked up the small walkway. He waved at her as she opened her door and after she closed it he headed back to his side of the car. Climbing into the drivers seat he noticed a small white paper napkin out of place on his black leather seats. Grabbing it, he flicked on the overhead light and allowed his eyes to focus.

You've told me your story and now it's time for mine All I know is I first started living when I saw your eyes That fateful day not so long ago That feels like forever because you're not mind to hold

Every breath I have, you take You're the cause for every smile I make And when all this is said and done With the victory finally won I'm going to be with you

Nothing in existence will keep us From sharing our love that's so pure and so true 'Cuz this may sound clich baby But you got me and I got you

Jack grinned as the next line read "repeat chorus twice", before pulling his eyes away to look at Sam's house. He knew that it was true, one day, perhaps in the not so distant future; they would finally be together in all of the ways that they had yearned for since they fell in love. Being husband and wife would just be the tip of the iceberg. He reluctantly started the truck and with one more glance at his future wife's home he whispered, "Told you there isn't anything you can't do."

And with that, Jack drove away.

--------------------------

After Thought: Well folks that was the FINAL part! That's right I don't have anymore planned but if you want more just ask me! If I get enough feedback wanting another part I'll write it. You can even throw in some ideas if you want; so far, in my mind I see the fourth taking place at a wedding (hint, hint) so please review!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Cathain Nottingham