Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Midgard - The Date

by Cathain Nottingham
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Midgard - The Date

Midgard - The Date

by Cathain Nottingham

Summary: Sam watches as Jack sings with his band.
Category: Filk/Song, Romance, Series
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 01/31/04

Title: Midgard II

Rating: G

Spoilers: None

Season: Any

Summary: A girls night out turns into a night that Sam will never forget.

Author's Note: Well here is the next part! This time the song appears and I hope you like it!

Disclaimer: I don't own the Stargate SG-1 universe, just barrowing for entertainment purposes. I also don't own "I Found Love (When I Found You)" by the Kenny Wayne Shepard Band. I do own the plot and the ideas of Jack's other songs.

--------------------

Sam could feel her body instantly draw in a sharp breath, "It's Jack."

"Well I think Sam agrees with the idea that the lead singer is attractive." Janet grinned but Sam didn't even hear her, she was too caught up in Jack. She caught herself grinning as he adjusted his guitar in much the same fashion as he did his P-90.

Jack walked up to the microphone and grinned, "Hey guys I was thinking of starting tonight out with a new song, how does that sound?" The club erupted in people agreeing.

"Well alright then. This song as some of you out there may know is dedicated to a certain woman in my life. Its called "I found love (When I found you)"." Jack explained and after a moment the band started playing, just a piano at first but suddenly Jack's guitar and the drummer started up.

"I found love when I found you When I look in your eyes, I know it's true My life was lonely, broken and blue Then I found love, when I found you..."

Sam couldn't believe her ears. Jack's voice seemed to deepen a little and gain a rustic sound that Sam could nearly feel as his vocal cords reverberated.

"Once in a lifetime, that's how it feels Something so good, so damn good How can it be real? Girl, when you touch me, yeah You touch me through and through, yes you do I know I found love when I found you..."

Sam noticed that Jack seemed to know what he was doing, like he had been doing it a long time. "*Well I did find that guitar in his home that time on one of my first visits, but he said he didn't play anymore*."

"Girl you've got all of me And I want you to know There's nothin' in this crazy ol' world Could make me wanna let go..."

It was something in Jack's voice right before he hit his guitar solo that made Sam remember their mission with Anise's bracelets and how he couldn't leave her, "*Oh my God, I'm the woman*."

" 'Cause I found love when I found you Every time I look into your eyes, I know its true Girl, when you touch me You touch me through and through I know I found love, when I found you."

The club erupted in applause but Jack humbly waved his hands at them, "Okay enough new stuff, what you say about an oldie?" this earned him more applause. And when he hit a few cords on his guitar the crowd when wild, while Sam and her company remained quiet.

Sam listened intently as Jack sang of an unreachable love and how it was slowly killing him in "Air Force Blues", of the loss of a "brother" to an unnecessary war that wasn't even his in "Your Time Is Now" and of being able to do what he wanted without facing consequences in "Window Of Opportunity" before busting out a few covers.

"Wow, Jack's really good." Cassie said as she sipped down her third soda.

"Yeah." Sam agreed, never taking her eyes off of Jack.

"I want to go and dance." Cassie said eyeing some of the guys near the dance floor.

"No!" Sam and Janet cried at the same time, both for different reasons.

"You can't, Jack will see you and we'll be caught." Sam said from across the table.

"Yeah," Janet added hesitantly, "What she said."

"Please Cassie." Sam pleaded.

"Geez the things I do for your love." Cassie sighed as she slouched into the booth.

Sam was lost to time, focusing completely on Jack when suddenly she came out of her trance, "Well people I hoped you liked the show, we're here every week on rotating days but we're here. Thanks for being such a great crowd."

Jack and the band waved and a few bowed before disappearing offstage.

"Oh wow," Janet murmured, drawing Sam's attention over to her.

"What?" Sam asked.

"It's almost nine." Janet answered.

"Aw come on Mom, we don't have to go home yet do we?" Cassie begged.

"No, we don't." Sam grinned, "I need a breath of fresh air, be right back." And with that Sam slid from the small booth and disappeared out the door.

--------------------

Outside, Sam scanned the parking lot, trying to eye Jack's ever noticeable truck but it wasn't parked anywhere. She walked around the side of the building and found a single parking space in the back near the access door with an all too familiar black pickup parked in it.

"*What am I doing out here? This is so stupid*." Sam headed back to the front door when she heard the back door open.

"Yeah, I'll call with what day I'm free tomorrow okay? Great job tonight guys. See ya."

Suddenly Sam froze in place and in a split second she turned on her heels and headed back to Jack's truck, her body suddenly on autopilot.

"Can I get an autograph?" Sam smiled as she leaned on the side of the building, slightly startling Jack, who was in the middle of putting his guitar into the cabin.

After a brief and fleeting moment where sheer panic blew across his features, Jack grinned, "Got a piece of paper?"

"No actually." Sam said walking over.

"Well then I'll admit, you're the first woman who's asked me to sign her body." Jack said.

It was Sam's turn to have a moment of fear sweep over her face before she widened her grin, "You probably say that to all of the girls."

"Only the ones I've written songs about." Jack answered.

"Yeah and how many is that?" Sam asked.

With a slight twinkle in his eye he gave her a lopsided grin, "Just one."

"What do you think about going out for a drink?" Sam asked quite suddenly.

"Sounds great." Jack grinned.

"Do you mind if you give me a ride? I kinda came with a group." Sam asked.

"Only if you buy the beer." Jack answered.

"Okay. See you in the front in about a minute?" Sam asked.

"You got it." Jack grinned as Sam headed back to the front of the club.

"*Did I just make a date with Jack while I was sober? Boy am I in for it*."

--------------------

After Thought: Did you like this part? I'm working on a part three but I'm not going to post it unless I get feedback...that is if people like it. Please review!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Cathain Nottingham