Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

I Try

by Hathor
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I Try

I Try

by Hathor

TITLE: I Try
AUTHOR: Hathor
EMAIL: hathor_sgc@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Songfic; Sam/Martouf
SPOILERS: All Tok'ra episodes involving ole Marty, Stargate the Movie
SEASON / SEQUEL:
RATING: PG-13, cause all the others were
CONTENT WARNINGS:m/f relationships
SUMMARY: A song gets Martouf thinking. Sequel to Torn, Angels, Karma Killer, Never Be the Same Again
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: I don't own Stargate; it owns me. I promise to return everyone washed, ironed and I'll even give Junior a bath. I didn't get any money from this, but if you want to send any, I am not complaining. I Try is by yet another brilliant singer Macy Grey. I don't own this either. D'oh!
AUTHOR'S NOTES: well, ladies and gentleman, here it is. The first fanfic I have ever written that is mainly about someone else that's non-SG1! Oooo!
Yes, I do know that Martouf is dead. However, I am British, without Sky, so I am still blissfully ignorant in early season too. Boohoo. Still, never mind. I don't like Martouf either, but there we are. Does anyone know a good song for General Hammond and Janet? If so, e-mail me for a nice pat on the head, and a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
Oh, and please send feedback, I need to know that the flat fingers I am developing from typing are worth it…

I try to say goodbye
And I choke
Try to walk away
And I stumble
Though I try to hide it, its clear
My whole world crumbles when you are not near.

Martouf looked at the black box suspiciously. Maybe the Tok'ra should listen to the Tau'ri more. A device that sings your feelings! Truly amazing, when they left Earth the first time, humans were to primitive to even consider as a race. Wow.

I try to say goodbye
And I choke

This was how he felt about Samantha. Though a part of him-Lantash-only loved her for her connection to Jolinar, he loved Samantha for her wit, her intelligence and her looks. She was an amazing woman, and sometimes Martouf wished Lantash were dead so he could come and live on Earth.

>I also value Samantha! < spoke up Lantash. >I do not feel romantic towards her. And I didn't know you felt like that! <

I do not wish you dead, Lantash, thought Martouf quickly. I just wish things were different, sometimes.

>Well, don't. You are Tok'ra; you cannot become involved with Tau'ri. <

Lantash, I am Tau'ri, Martouf thought sadly. Its just you who aren't.

Jack O'Neill walked in, surprising Martouf. Lantash took over, saving Martouf skin.

'Hey! Marty, how are you doing?'

>We are thinking< said Lantash calmly. >Tell me, what is this ray-die o? <

Jack settled himself down for a long explanation.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Hathor