Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Family Gathering, Chapter 6, A

by Hayley Rust
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A Family Gathering Chapter 6

A Family Gathering Chapter 6

by Hayley Rust

Title: A Family Gathering Chapter 6
Author: Hayley Rust
Email: Halrust@aol.com
Category: Hurt/Comfort, Future story
Pairing: Daniel/other
Season: future
This story is a sequel to: After Shock Chapter 5
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: adultthemes, mfrelationship, sexualsituations,
Summary: Daniel and Natasha have something to share. Will she be accepted?
Status: Unfinished
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
Author's Notes: If you like it, hate it, mail me

I was woken by the sound of the phone ringing. I reached across lazily to Daniel's side of the bed and realised he was not there. I then realised the phone had stopped ringing and I could hear his voice, muffled, as he talked to someone.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes and stretched. When I opened my eyes, I saw Daniel at the end of the bed watching me, then he leapt on top of me, straddling my body with his own. His bathrobe draping his body and I smelt his shower gel. His hair was wet and he shook his head, covering me with water droplets. I squealed and laughed and tried to push him off.

Daniel's lips sought mine with the warmth and love I knew he felt and I surrendered to them.

Eventually, Daniel pulled back.

'Good morning gorgeous. We are going out this afternoon. That was Jack. He is having a B-B-Q. He wanted to know if we wanted to come too.'

'That sounds great!' I replied.

'Come on then lazy bones. Time to get up!' as Daniel pulled me out of bed.

I showered and put Daniel's bathrobe on. It was miles too big for me.

As I ate breakfast that Daniel had cooked for me, Daniel got dressed and walked into the living room. He sat down beside me and put an arm around my waist.

'Before we go to Jack's, we have to get something first. I want to buy you a ring.'

I smiled at Daniel, who hugged me and kissed me cheek.

'You said yes remember?' he murmured as he kissed my neck.

'How could I forget?'

Daniel laughed and hugged me again.

'Come on, get dressed. Time to spend some money.'

Daniel dragged me into the bedroom and eventually allowed me to get dressed.

I had never seen him so full of life and energy. He did not stop grinning.

He drove me to the local shopping mall and we went into the nearest jewellers.

Both Daniel and I peered at the displays until a ring caught my eye. It was a simple design. A band of gold with an oval stone style setting, with a moonstone in the middle. It shone all the colours of the rainbow as the light caught it.

Daniel was at the other side of the shop as I caught his arm and gently guided him to the display.

'Daniel. Look.' As I pointed.

Daniel followed the direction of my finger and saw the ring.

'You sure?' he asked.

I nodded.

'Okay.' Daniel smiled.

Daniel spoke to the shop assistant who was hovering behind the case and we eventually got a ring that fitted like a charm.

It felt funny on my finger but I loved it.

We then went to get some shopping for the gathering that afternoon and went back to Daniel's flat. We unpacked some bits, put others in the fridge for later, then relaxed on the settee.

I kept looking fondly at ring. Daniel laughed at me but hugged and kissed me all the same.

Soon it was time to go to Jack's place.

We put the shopping into the car and Daniel drove us to Jack's house.

When we got there, there was already quite a few people who had started the party. The rest of the SG1 team was there along with General Hammond and Dr Frasier. I nodded to them and they smiled.

'Daniel! Great to see you!' Jack exclaimed as he walked over to us, then winked at me.

'Hi Jack. You know Natasha.'

'Sure! Nice to see you again.'

I smiled at Jack, his humour infectious.

'Thanks.' I replied.

Sam come bounding over and grabbed my arm.

'Come on, you've got to help me. I'm losing at tag.

I glanced at Daniel who nodded and kissed me, then I was whisked away.

As I played with Sam and some of the other SG team members, I glanced every so often to where Daniel was. I saw him hug a grey-haired lady.

The tag was over, we all collapsed in a heap laughing, unsure which side was the winner.

As I walked over to Daniel, brushing grass from my clothes and hair, Daniel turned and put his arm around me.

'Natasha. I would like you to meet a dear friend of mine. This is Catherine, a fellow archaeologist. Catherine, this is Natasha, my fiancee.'

Jack, who was standing nearby exclaimed,

'Sonofabitch! Daniel! You kept that quiet!'

'Oh Daniel, I am so pleased for you. Natasha, you have made an old lady very happy indeed!' said Catherine and then hugged me.

Everyone then came around to where Daniel and I stood and hugged and kissed us, congratulating us and welcoming me to the family.

I laughed with Daniel. Showing the ring to those who wanted to see it, I stayed by him.

Later that evening, most had left apart from the SG1 team. We all sat together on blankets on the grass and watched the sun go down. The night sky was beautiful in all its different colours. It was still warm and the white wine deliciously cold. I was full from the food we had eaten and quite relaxed as we told each other stories about things we had seen or done.

Jack told me about the box of tissues he had sent through the gate, to Daniel who was still at Abydos.

Daniel chuckled at this as he kissed my shoulder. Sam watched me with a small smile on her lips. I saw her stay near Jack throughout most of the evening and she glanced at him often.

I knew there was something not being said, due to regulations, but I did not pursue it.

'So when are you getting hitched?' Jack asked as he drank another slug of beer out of the bottle he had.

Daniel and I looked at each other. I smiled but said nothing.

Daniel grinned and looking at Jack said.

'After the next mission.'

'If that's all right with you?' he said to me.

'Whenever honey. I am happy to wait but also happy not too. I don't mind.'

'Got any idea's on who you will want as your best man?' Jack asked. Sam punched him on the arm.

'Jack!'

'What! I am only asking!' Jack declared as he rubbed his arm.

I laughed.

Daniel looked down then looked at Jack.

'Actually Jack,' Daniel began, ' I was wondering if you would do it?'

'You're kidding right?' Jack asked, a smile on his lips but I could tell he was honoured that he had been asked.

'No Jack. I am not. Would you?'

Jack laughed out loud, throwing his head back as he laughed.

'Well, Danny boy, I might consider it. Hell yeah, why not!' He chuckled.

Daniel smiled and relaxed.

'It would be my toughest mission. Getting you to the church without anything happening to you!'

With that we all roared. I laughed till I cried. Daniel was laughing too. I think he had got used to the idea that he was unlucky.

Then we relaxed, had some more wine, then Daniel and I left in a cab. We would pick the car up the next day.

As we waved to the others as we left, Daniel rested his arm around my shoulders as though it always had been there.

'Thanks' he murmured.

I looked at him, Daniel's face was gentle.

'Why?' I frowned.

'Just because you are you. You put on no masks on to hide who you are and I love you for it. The team love you. Catherine loves you . . . I love you.'

I stroked his cheek with my fingers, a smile on my lips.

'I love you too Daniel. Always.'

With that Daniel kissed me passionately. We cuddled together in the taxi until we arrived at Daniel's place.

Daniel had his arm around me when we got to the apartment door and when we went inside, he led me to the bedroom and showed me how much he loved me.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Hayley Rust