Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

After Shock, Chapter 5

by Hayley Rust
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
After shock, chapter 5

After shock, chapter 5

by Hayley Rust

Title: After shock, chapter 5
Author: Hayley Rust
Email: Halrust@aol.com
Category: Hurt/Comfort, , Future story
Pairing: Daniel/other
Season: 5
This story is a sequel to: sequel to The Caring Profession chapter 4
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: adultthemes, mfrelationship, none, sexualsituations
Summary: The funeral and acceptance
Status: Unfinished
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
Author's Notes: If you love, hate or want me to continue, let me know.

The next morning I awoke with the sun in my eyes. I blinked several times and rubbed my eyes with my hands. I stretched out, luxuriating in the feeling. As I relaxed I heard a sigh and turned my head.

Daniel lay there on his back, one arm above his head, the other by his side.

His torso naked as the quilt covered him from the waist downwards.

I smiled to myself and gently move out of the bed. I didn't want to wake Daniel and I fought my body from jumping on him and giving him a wake up call he would never forget.

I tiptoed to my bag, got out my wash things, and went into the bathroom.

As I showered, I heard the door open. I looked around the shower curtain and there stood Daniel, dressed in nothing but boxer shorts, rubbing his eyes and pushing his hands over his head.

'Good morning my love.' I said as I wiped the water from my face.

Daniel smiled gently at me, walked over and placing both hands around my face, kissed me softly.

When he finished, I caught my breath, my mouth open. I had forgotten how he could take my breath away.

'Good morning sweetness.' He whispered into my mouth.

Then he pulled back and looked at me.

'I thought . . .'

I frowned.

'What?' I asked, watching the guilt on his face.

'I thought . . .' Daniel began. 'I thought, you may have regretted last night.'

I chuckled and grabbed Daniel's hand pulling him into the shower with me.

'Hey!' he shouted as the water fell on him, soaking him.

Daniel turned and faced me and as he did, I reached up, placed my arms around his shoulders and kissed him deeply, allowing my tongue to rub his lips then finally enter. As I did, he groaned and held me tightly, the water flowing over both of us.

As he released me, I smiled at him.

'Does that answer your question?' I asked as I kissed his chest.

Daniel kissed the top of my head, then using one hand lifted my head to face his.

'Yes.' He said simply.

I leant sideways and grabbed the shower gel, then pushing slightly back I began to put some gel on my hands and rub it onto Daniel's body.

Daniel leant back onto the wall and let me wash him. His arousal was evident to me as I rubbed and kneaded.

When he could take no more, he grabbed me and swung me round so my back was against the wall. He pressed his body into me, his mouth devouring mine.

This time, our lovemaking was for the need of it. Hard, deep and almost animalistic.

At the base, I sipped my tea, and looked at Daniel's hand written notes, I wondered why I had offered to write them up for him.

Man, he is worse than the doctors are! I thought, as I tried to understand a particularly hard scrawl.

Daniel was next to me, reference books surrounding him.

The occasional 'hmmm.' Or 'wow.' would surface every now and again.

I heard the knock on the door. I looked up at Daniel to watch what he would do, but he was engrossed in his books.

Someone knocked again.

In the end I could not wait. I hated people waiting.

'Daniel? Someone at the door honey.' I said, as I poked Daniel in the ribs with a finger.

Daniel jumped and looked at me.

'Huh?'

'Someone at the door.' I repeated.

Daniel looked round as the knock came again.

Shaking his head, he smiled, stood up, kissed me and murmured

'Thanks.' And went to open it.

I heard a woman's voice and I looked up.

I saw Major Carter standing at the door with T'ealc at her side.

'Come on in guys.' I heard Daniel say as he stepped back, allowing them entrance.

I could see the interest and shock on Major Carter's face as she saw me. T'ealc just raised his eyebrow and said nothing.

'Oh, sorry . . . I didn't know you had company.' she stammered.

Daniel grinned.

'Oh, give over Sam. Tash, Sam and T'ealc, Sam, T'ealc, this is Natasha.' He said as he came over to me.

'Sit down, you're making me nervous!' he offered. 'Fancy a coffee?'

Sam smiled almost embarrassed.

'No thank you Daniel Jackson. I do not require a drink at this time.' T'ealc's deep voice resonated as he stood near Sam, all the time watching me.

Sam sat down opposite me, her hands grasping her knees.

'I just wanted to make sure you are all right. I heard about your Grandfather.' Sam said as Daniel walked to the side table and put the kettle on.

She then looked at me as though I might offer an explanation of why I was there.

I felt awkward, like I had intruded on a group that had never meant for me to join.

'I am just helping Daniel with his journals. I have time off from the base at the moment.' I offered at her look.

'No Tash. That's not quite right is it?' Daniel said as he came over to me and placed an arm protectively around my shoulders. I smiled at him.

Sam looked at us both, wondering what the hell was going on. T'ealc just waited patiently.

'Natasha and I are an item, if you will.' Daniel explained, giving me a squeeze.

Sam opened her mouth to say something but Daniel beat her to it.

'And I am real happy Sam. OK?'

Sam shut her mouth then smiled.

'I was about to say, it's about time you both found someone. I am really happy for you both. Honest.'

'Really?' Daniel enquired.

Sam laughed.

'God, Daniel. Seeing you like this is wonderful!' then she looked at me.

'I just hope he treats you right. Have you got any idea what you are getting yourself into here?' Sam chuckled.

I looked at Daniel, who smiled lovingly at me. Then I looked back at Sam.

'Yes, Sam. I think so.'

'Great! Wait till Jack and Janet hear about this!' Sam smirked as she stood up.

Daniel looked down.

'I think he does already.' Daniel chuckled, obviously relieved of Sam's acceptance of me.

'Damn! I wanted to beat him on this!' Sam shrugged.

'Ah well.' She smiled.

Sam stood and began to walk over to the door, just as the kettle started to whistle.

'I'll forego coffee Daniel if you don't mind. What time is the funeral tomorrow?'

'The service is at 2pm. Gives us plenty of time for us to get there.' Daniel replied.

Sam nodded.

'Okay. Nice to have met you Natasha.' She nodded to me 'You and I will have to get together. There are many things I could tell you about this boy here.'

I laughed.

'Sounds good to me.' I replied as I winked at Daniel. He stuck his tongue out at me.

'Bye Daniel, Bye Natasha.' Sam said as she opened the door.

T'ealc followed but stopped by the door and turned.

'I am pleased to see you happy Daniel Jackson. Welcome to our family Natasha.' he said and bowed slightly to me and he left.

After a few seconds, Daniel turned and stared at me.

'WOW!'

I smiled at him.

'What? I asked, as I watched him come over to where I sat, then bend down and lean on my legs.

'That was a HUGE compliment from T'ealc!' Daniel gasped.

'Really?' not quite understanding what he meant. Daniel looked deeply into my eyes and raised himself up and kissed me, his arms surrounding me.

'Oh yeah!' he murmured into my ear, as he held me.

The next day was awful. We all had an early start and Daniel and I met the rest of the SG team at the airforce base.

We shared pleasantries but the smiles were forced. The humour was absent.

As we flew to where his parents where buried, Daniel remained quiet and I just held his hand most of the flight.

We arrived at the cemetery at ten to two. Daniel walked over to the plot for his grandfather and stood there.

I watched from a distance, not wanting to intrude at this time. I knew he was also looking at his parent's plot, which was next-door to his grandfathers.

He then turned, looked at me solemnly, then taking my hand for comfort and support, walked with me to the chapel.

The service was simple and short. A few people were there from the academic field, friends of his grandfathers. I didn't recognise anyone but the SG team, who looked solemn, in military dress. They were given strange looks by the academics but no questions were asked.

The burial was straightforward. As Daniel threw the dirt into the grave, tears came unbidden from his eyes and fell down his face. He made no attempt to wipe them away.

'Bye Grandfather. Love you.' He whispered.

Daniel remained at the graveside. The rest drifted away to give him privacy. I did the same.

I watched as Daniel placed two red roses on his parent's grave. I made small talk with the SG team but all the time watching Daniel.

He finally came to us, his face full of sorrow.

Jack patted him on the back affectionately.

'Hey.'

Daniel half smiled.

'You okay?' Jack asked.

Daniel nodded.

'Yes. I'm okay. I just need some time by myself. Is that okay?' the last part was directed to me.

'Sure.' I answered as I placed a hand on Daniel's arm. He seemed to shrug it off.

Not sure why but guessing, I said nothing but the movement was noticed by Sam.

'Let's go get a coffee. Meet us at the base Daniel?' Sam said, her arm intertwining around mine.

Daniel nodded and without a second glance turned and walked away from us.

I opened my mouth to say something but Sam squeezed my arm.

'No, leave him be. He needs this. Trust me.' She smiled gently.

I nodded and allowed myself to be guided to the car. We were driven back to the base and though I came under a barrage of questions on how Daniel and I met, and how they met his grandfather and the trip they had taken, all the time, a huge knot growing in my stomach. I was worried about Daniel and I guess it was plain to see on the expression on my face.

A hand was placed on mine and I looked to see that it belonged to Jack.

'He will be fine. Don't worry okay?' he murmured.

I nodded silently and felt a tear fall down my cheek.

I wiped it away with my hand. I watched as Jack gave me a tissue, which I took to blot my eyes.

'You really like spacemonkey don't ya?' Jack asked, as I blew my nose.

I smiled at that description.

'Yes Jack. I do.'

Jack smiled.

'Good. You are good for him. If it weren't for you these last few days, god knows what Daniel would have been like!'

Just then, Daniel walked in and sat down next to Sam.

'You okay?' I asked, hurriedly hiding the tissue in my pocket.

'Yeah.' His eyes masking how he truly felt and I knew it.

A member of the military personnel came up to the table.

'Your plane is ready sir.' As he saluted to Jack.

Jack nodded and began to stand.

'Okay campers. Let's go home.'

Daniel stood up.

'I will meet you there. I need to do something first.'

He walked down a corridor and disappeared. I started to go after him but Jack held my arm.

'Don't.' was all he said.

I shook my head.

'I will meet you there. I need to know he's all right.' I said as I shrugged Jack's hand off my arm.

Jack nodded and turned to go. Sam gave me a small smile of encouragement and left with Jack and T'ealc.

I walked carefully down the corridor to reach the bottom. I guessed he would not be in the ladies toilets so I knocked on the men's. I got no reply.

I knocked harder.

'Go away!'

I looked shocked at the door then said calmly.

'Daniel, its me.'

'I know.'

'Daniel, open up. Please. I want to help.'

I heard a shuffle behind the door and it moved.

I pushed it open and entered. As I did, I saw Daniel pacing the small room. He looked so angry.

I leant against the door and just watched him

'Why?' Daniel screamed into the air. His arms flailing. 'Why me?'

'Why?' I whispered, not really wanting to interrupt but I knew it needed to be done.

'Yes!' he shouted at me. 'Everyone else gets a normal life. Why not me. I want my parent's back. I want to belong to a family! Is that so bad?'

'No.' I whispered 'but you do belong to a family, the SG1 family. They love you Daniel.'

Daniel slammed a hand against the door by my head.

'No, I am just useful to them. I am just their errand boy. Their dogs body!' he growled.

'Daniel, you are part of the team, a vital part. Do you think they would have come with you today if they didn't care?'

Daniel hung his head.

'You're not angry with the SG1 team. You're angry with your folks for leaving you. Now your grandfather has gone, there is only you now, and that frightens you.'

Daniel looked at me as though someone had thrown an ice-cold bucket of water over him. His eyes were wide and his mouth open, ready for a retort but he knew I had hit the nail on the head. I had seen how he felt.

I placed my arms around his shoulders allowing him to come to me. I held him tightly as he sighed and relaxed.

After a few minutes there was a knock at the door.

'Hey?' Jack's muffled voice said. 'You kids behaving in there?'

I began to laugh tears in my eyes and Daniel joined me. We laughed so hard we had to hold each other up. My sides ached and the tears rolled.

Jack pushed the door open and watched us for a few seconds.

'Something I said?' he enquired, one eyebrow raised.

'Not at all!' I gasped, trying to stop laughing.

'Come one then, the American airforce is waiting for you two.' And with that Jack left.

Daniel straightened up and wiped his face. His eyes were red but he smiled gently at me.

'Sorry.' He whispered, as he kissed me, his arms surrounding me.

I hugged him tightly.

'It's okay.' I murmured into his chest. I felt his lips on my forehead.

We left the room and went to join the rest of the SG1 team. The atmosphere had lightened considerably as we joined them. The journey back was filled with anecdotes of his grandfather's antics and I laughed with Daniel.

Later, that evening, when Sam, T'ealc and Jack had left Daniel's apartment, I began to wash the glasses. I felt Daniel's arms surround me, his breath in my ear.

'Time for bed. Doctor's orders.'

I turned and grinned at Daniel, my arms surrounding his waist.

'Okay sir. What ever you say sir.' I said in a mock voice of subtitude.

Daniel led me to the bedroom and we spent the night giving comfort and love to each other. The gentlest of emotions, the strongest of passions all came out that night. We talked about his family, his feelings. He explained why he felt the way he did and I listened to him. I loved him with all my heart, body and soul and that night we shared something special. We bared each other's soul to each other.

I told him things no one knew and he reciprocated in kind.

As we held each other in the early hours, I was on my back, Daniel lying sideways to me. My eyes felt heavy for sleep and I sighed.

'Natasha?' Daniel whispered into my ear as he nuzzled my face.

'Mmm?' I replied as I stroked his arm that covered my chest.

'Are you happy? I mean, are you truly happy?'

I opened my eyes and peered at Daniel. His face was soft but his eyes were serious. I kissed him lazily on the mouth.

'Yes,' I answered as he smiled. 'I am really, truly happy.'

'Would you do something for me?' Daniel asked as his fingers caressed my cheek softly.

'What?' I asked, shutting my eyes and leaning into his caress.

'Well, I have learnt to live for the moment. These times are precious to me. I love you . . . more than you will ever, ever know.'

I smiled gently and turned myself into his body and held him against me.

'Daniel, I love you too. You know that.'

'Natasha?' Daniel asked again.

'What my love?' I asked, as I felt his passion rising again against my body.

'Would . . . would you marry me?'

I paused in mid kiss, not quite sure what I had just heard was true.

'Wha?'

Daniel smiled.

'Would you marry me? Tash, I am asking you to marry me. Will you?'

My heart leapt and I felt sick, dizzy, tingly all at once.

'Oh Daniel!' I exclaimed.

'Well, come on. Stop leaving me on the line here. Will you?' Daniel's eyes were serious now.

I gulped. This beautiful, wonderful, funny, loveable man was asking me to marry him!

'Yes!' I gasped. 'Yes!'

'Woohoo!' Daniel yelled with happiness as he threw himself on top of me.

We made that night last a long time. We did get some sleep, eventually, but it was hard. I was so excited, as was Daniel. We were like kids on Christmas Eve.

Little did we know how things would change so quickly.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Hayley Rust