Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Aftermath: 'Entity'

by Jolinar Carter
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Aftermath: 'Entity'

Aftermath: 'Entity'

by Jolinar@Carter

TITLE: Aftermath: 'Entity'
AUTHOR: Jolinar@Carter
EMAIL: jolinar.carter@btinternet.com
CATEGORY: Thoughts
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: Entity
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4
RATING: G
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: What happened after 'Entity?' Did Sam forgive Jack for shooting her? Did Jack forgive himself?
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the author.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I wondered what had happened myself, so this is what I imagined. I hope you enjoy!

An alien 'entity' invaded Sam's body. It was awful. I couldn't help her. I shot her twice with a zat gun. They kept her on life support. She was dying. The 'entity' downloaded Sam's consciousness in to the computer system. We got her back again. They entity died. We moved on straight away. Or did we? Sometimes the one that is injured or hurt (physically or emotionally) is not the one feeling the pain and betrayal. Sam is hurt. I feel the pain.

I will never forgive myself for shooting her, she was and is the one I love, my Major. She says she's forgiven me, but I don't believe her. I'm sitting here now, by her infirmary bedside. It all happened yesterday. I want to help her.

"Sam, I really am sorry."

"Sir, we take risks in our job, and it was me who tried to communicate. It was my fault. Not yours. It's gone now. It's dead."

"I shot you twice Carter, and I still feel awful about that."

"If you hadn't have, I'd probably either be dead, or brain dead, and the only thing inside my head, would be the entity. You made the right call."

"Thanks. I just don't think I can forgive myself. I love you, and yet I could shot you."

"I know, but I forgive you. If I do, then so should you Colonel."

"How long until you get out of here?"

"Janet wants me to be kept under observation for a couple of days, you did nearly kill me, and my brain is still getting back to normal apparently, so a few days sir." She amazes me. She's smiling. How can she smile when her CO and friend, and lover (you could say) betrayed her like that?

"Wanna go to O'Malley's when you get out?" I ask, hoping she'll say yes, so I can make it up to her. It's going to take me years to get over this I think.

"No, I have a feeling we're banned for the next hundred years at least." She jokes. She's joking, after all that's happened to her, she's joking! She is an amazing person. That's for sure. We should call her 'The Super Space Babe,' like a comic book hero.

Daniel and Teal'C enter, with Janet and Cassy. Danny has a vase of flowers, which he puts next to mine. Cassy's painted Sam a picture, and Janet sticks it up on the wall with some cellotape. I'm not sure if that's allowed, but if Hammond says anything, she'll probably threaten him with a full physical.

"Hey, how you feeling Sam?"

"Okay, I guess. I'm hungry though."

"I have purchased some chocolate for you Major." Teal'C hands her the chocolate, and she thanks him, with a warm smile. I love that smile, but then she smiles at me, and it was the smile she only gives me. It's a warm loving smile, and it makes me go all tingly inside. I am a soppy old man aren't I?

I'll make it up to her. She insists again that she's fine, and we're okay. But I'm not. I owe her.

I still can't believe that she's alive and sitting here right now. I'm gonna hug her. Why not? I'm feeling bad, and so is she, so we can hug. It's not like I'm kissing her is it?

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Jolinar@Carter