Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Singing Competition

by Katmellie
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Singing Competition (New Version)

Singing Competition (New Version)

by Katmellie

Title: Singing Competition (New Version)
Author: Katmellie
Email: Katmellie@AOL.com
Category: Filk/Song, FutureStory, Humor
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG
Warnings: no info given
Summary: I re-read some of my old fic, and thought this one was really c***. So i've rewritten it, and change alot in it. So I hope you enjoy it.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Title: Singing Competition
Author: Katmellie (Katmellie@AOL.com)
Category: You'll have to come up with your conclusion; I can never decide which it is. Summary: Lots of singing, with Jack and Sam getting their act together. Rating: PG
Spoilers: Any of them
Season: Any of them
Archive: SJD yes
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and places are the property of MGM, World Gekko Corp and Double Secret Productions. This piece of fan fiction was created for entertainment not monetary purposes and no infringement on copyrights or trademarks was intended. Previously unrecognized characters and places, and this story, are copyrighted to the author. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead is coincidental and not intended by the author. Notes: Have fun reading it, because I probably had fun writing it, and probably went through my entire supply, of coffee as well. If anyone's reading this before and they've read my other version of this. This is totally different, even if it's a singing competition and I promised there's no Darius.

Jack sat in the commissary, trying his best to actually have time for himself for once. He rarely had time for himself nowadays, most of the time he was in the infirmary, trying to cheer up which ever of his team was in there; or he would be sat in some prison cell off world, being tortured into giving information about earth and the SGC. He leans back into his seat, lifting his legs onto the table, resting them just on the edge, as he opens his monthly magazine. If he couldn't couldn't go to his cabin, and get a little fishing in, he was certainly going to read up on the tackle that was coming out. He sighs to himself, scanning through the pages for the article, he wanted read. He rocks his head side to side, hearing a very distinctive crack as he straightens his head. The noise outside in the corridor was interrupting his concentration on the article. He pulls back the magazine a bit, taking a quick glimpse at the disruption, as it enters the commissary. Daniel bursts into the room, follow by Jonas and Teal'c as they all bump into one another. He shakes his head, quickly replacing the magazine in front of him. He was hoping they hadn't seen him; maybe they would just look around and then go somewhere else. He could hear them chatting away to one another, but it was coming closure to him, not going away liked he hoped. They were so closed now; he could hear them having their own little argument among themselves. The table wobbles, as they take their sits in front of him, on the other side of the table. He closes his eyes, closing his magazine, and drops it onto the table. He takes his feet off the table, sitting up properly in the seat, as Teal'c takes the seat next to him. He opens his eyes, glancing at one of them to the other, sighing to himself as he folds his arms onto the table. Jonas nudges Daniel, motioning towards Jack with his head. Daniel nods his head, leaning forward onto the table, folding his arms in front of him, as he thinks out what he's going to say.

Daniel: "Jack"
Jack: "Daniel"
Daniel: "You know that were your friends and that?" Jack: "Yeah"

He slowly leans back in his seat, waiting for the thing he had to say no to, and then would have to try and get out of there, before they changed his mind. Daniel looks at Jonas and Teal'c, all three of them, having a conversation with a look. They nod their heads in unison, to one another as Daniel turns his attention back to Jack. Jack knew he was in trouble, when Daniel started putting on the puppy dog eyes, he usually used when they were off-world and wanted to stay longer.

Jack: "Spit it out, Daniel. So I can just say no" Daniel: "Well, have you heard about the singing competition, that's going too held in two weeks?" Jack: "No"
Daniel: "Well, Hammond thought it would be good..." Jack: "No, I meant no to joining little group. I'm not making a fool out of myself, remember my last debut?"

Daniel shakes his head, grinning at the memory of hearing Jack, singing 'Row, row, row your boat' when Urgo was in their heads. A slight grin forms on Teal's face, also remembering the fond memory. Jonas was feeling a little left out, folds his arms up in front of him, giving himself a little comforting hug. Jack picks his magazine up, pushing himself out of his seat at the same time. All of them quickly stand, trying their best to block Jack's escape route. Teal'c places his hand on Jack's shoulder, applying enough pressure to push Jack back down, into his seat. Jack sighs, cursing Teal'c for his strength and for ever thinking he could have a minute to himself. The three of them, quickly retake their seats, Teal'c keeping the pressure on Jack's shoulder.

Daniel: "Look, I know that you're really not that bad" Jack: "Oh and how would you know that?"

Daniel lets out a disgruntle grunt, pointing to the ceiling as he looks at Jack. Jack frowns at him, following the direction Daniel's hand was pointing, as it slowly dawns on him, what he was getting at. Jack sighs, placing the magazine back on the table, folding his arms over it, as he rests his head on them. Daniel smiles at his triumph over changing Jack's mind, looking at the other two, before returning his gaze back to Jack. Teal'c removes his hand from Jack's shoulder, but keeping it close, incase Jack try to make a break for it.

Daniel: "Jack, come on. It'll be fun, you'll really enjoy it" Jack: "I'm not singing some pansy song; I can tell you that for a fact" Daniel: "Ha! I knew you wouldn't let us down" Jonas: "Colonel, I'm glad you've join us. Boys vs. Girls" Jack: "Huh?"
Teal'c: "Major Carter and Dr Fraiser are also taking part, in this friendly competition"

Jack raises his head, a grin forming on his lips, as he clasps his hands behind his head, shaking his head at them. Daniel and Jonas look at one another, shrugging at each other as they look Teal'c, who just returns their gaze. All three of them look at Jack, who was now chuckling away to himself.

Daniel: "What's so funny?"
Jack: "You don't realize, do you?"
Daniel: "What?"
Jack: "Were so gonna whoop their butts"

A grin spreads a cross Daniel's face, as him and Jack start laughing together. Teal'c and Jonas look at one another, as Jack and Daniel get out of their seats, Jack picking up his magazine at the same time. Teal'c and Jonas slowly get out of their seats, following the other members to the door. Jack suddenly stops, moaning to himself, as he places a hand over his forehead. Daniel stops laughing, looking at Jonas and Teal'c for answers.

Jack: "We better do a pansy song, if were going to win" Daniel: "I don't see, what's wrong with a pansy song? We could always do one of those boy bands one and a little dance rout..." Jack: "DANCING?! You didn't mention dancing a minute ago!" Daniel: "Just think of the votes we'll get for it, you could strut your stuff off for once"

Daniel wangles his eyebrows at him, Jack shakes his head, pushing pass him towards the door. Jonas and Teal'c follow his example, leaving Daniel by himself, looking round the faces, who had been witnesses. He shrugs at them, quickly jogging off to catch up with the others.

Sam watched Janet from one of the beds in the infirmary, watching rushing round like a headless chicken. An airman who had been recruited to do scooping for them or more spying on the opposition. He came in with a smug look on his face, dropping in to tell them the new news, of the current situation of Daniel's group. They both thought they had in the bag, when it was only Daniel, Jonas and Teal'c, but now the Colonel was getting evolved, their chances of winning had just gone up another few notches. Janet couldn't stop herself giggling, they both had broken into fits of laughter, watching the tape Janet had kept under lock and key for so many years. Hearing 'Row, row, row your boat' being sang by the Colonel, defiantly re-enforced their hopes of winning. Janet slowly takes deep breathes, clutching at her chest with one hand, as she holds the control box for the video machine in the other. She looks at the TV, leaning onto the TV for support, as she rewinds the video again, which she had done about 20 times already. Sam shakes her head, jumping off the bed, pulling the plug out of the extension lead, cutting power to the TV and the video machine. Janet moans at her, dropping the control box on top of the TV.

Sam: "You're driving me nuts! I don't need to even watch it anymore; I can hear it in my head, over and over, and over again" Janet: "But it's so funny"

Janet wipes the tear from her eye, chuckling to herself as she crosses to one of the beds. Sam shakes her head, jumping back onto the bed, next to the song books they had been looking at. Janet picks up the one; she'd been looking through before the airman had come, with their brilliant news. Sam starts flicking through one of the books, not really paying attention to what she was looking at, her thoughts preoccupied by the cause of their laughter. He looked so sweet on the TV, throwing his ball up the wall, and catching it again and again. But then her thoughts went down a different track; thinking about his arms being round her, looking into his dark eyes, before he leans in for...she shakes her head, stopping her thoughts before they went any further. She takes a deep breathe, slowly realizing it, using it as away to calm her. Janet starts bouncing up and down on the bed, making owing noises, while she wave the book around in the air. Sam frowns at her behavior, snatching the book out of her, making her quit her bouncing as she turns serious.

Sam: "What?"
Janet: "We could do that one" She leans over and points at the page. "I like that one, and have the sound track at home" Sam: "Janet, it's a sappy song!"
Janet: "I like it"

Janet crosses her arms, her behavior turning a little childish as she started pouting. Sam closes her eyes, trying her best not to break down into a fit of giggles, opening her eyes onto the song page. She could hear Janet whining at her, as she quickly reads through the song, trying to get the gist of it. She slowly looks up, to see Janet trying her puppy dog look on her.

Sam: "Have you been taking lessons from Daniel?" Janet: "No, he's been taking lessons from me" Sam: "I'm not singing it; we need to do an up beat one. Something like Britney Spears, or...I got it, we'll do that erm...what's it called?" Janet: "Don't know till ya tell me"

Sam gives a funny look; Janet just shrugs her shoulders, collecting the books into some sort of order. Sam shakes her head, looking up at the ceiling as she prays to some god, some real god, to help her with this woman before her. She looks down at the bed, her eyes catching on a song, and then it pops into her head. The song they'll both be singing, even if she has to twice the good doctors arm in ways, an arm shouldn't bend.

Jack just sat watching them, what in gods name were they doing to him? Daniel had them watching the music channels, but Teal'c deciding it was bad for his ears, changed the channel to Kerrang. There was no arguing with the man, he wanted to listen to this, and that was final, all arguments going in one ear and out the other. He couldn't understand how people could actually sit down, and watch this, or even listen to it. Jack rolls his eyes, as the door opens behind him. A slight gasp was heard, and then the door was quickly shut, with a very nice bang to go with it. Jack didn't need to turn round, to see who it was, he already knew it was Daniel, was the gasp and the way the door slam.

Daniel: "I can't leave you, for less than 5 minutes and already your way off the subject. Your not taking this seriously, Sam and Janet are gonna win, if you guys don't whip yourselves together"

Jack mouths to no in particular, `whip yourselves together'. He frowns, looking over his shoulder, at a very steaming Daniel. He was taking this whole singing competition thing, all way to serious, but when did the good doctor take things not seriously. There was the incident with his coffee mug, being accidentally wash up with the rest of the commissary mugs, which meant they had to spend the whole weekend, going through the mugs for that one mug. Daniel shakes his head, taking the remote from Teal'c, before any of them could complain or thank him. Changes the channel back to smash hits, Jack hint of hope of actually watching the game tonight, was suddenly thrown out the window. Jonas suddenly waking up from the changed in music, looks round rubbing his eyes of sleep. Daniel places the remote on top of the TV, watching the screen as the next music video came on. It caught Jack's attention, when he saw the cars and more cars, classic cars with some woman sat it, but it was a classic. Daniel moves a side, pointing at the screen as he addresses them.

Daniel: "See, that's the sort of thing, that I thought we could do" Jack: "Yeah, with the classic cars in the background" Daniel: "Well, I don't know about the cars, but I mean...we could do this song. It's got a beat to it; we could do their dance routine to it as well" Jonas: "Where we going to get all those women from?" Daniel: "We could get some of the female personnel to do it. We'd only nearly four of them, one to dance with each of us"

Jack had stop paying attention, watching as they race the cars down a road. Finally those women weren't sat on the cars, maybe if they had maybe someone else sit on a car; it would have made the video a hit. They should have had a blonde, 5"2 in height, in a very nice tank top and tight BDU pants that she had in her locker which only were worn when it was laundry day. He smiles to himself of the image, as the others were nodding the heads in agreement with something.

Daniel: "So...hold it, the name coming up. Right got it; I'll go get the soundtrack and that from the net. Be back in five"

Before Jack could even ask questions, Daniel was gone leaving the door open in his wake. Jack sighs, settling back into his chair, as Teal'c changes the channel again. Jonas rolls his eyes, lying back down and closing his eyes, to go back to sleep. Jack looks at both of them, shaking his head, as his thoughts return back to the blonde and the car.

Sam enters the commissary, ear phones wedged into her ears, as far as they could go, with songs words in front of her. After finally getting her way, they had decided on a song, they both liked and could actually sing. She rocks her head side to side, hearing the unnatural sound of her neck cracking, as she stops in front of one of the servers. She smiles at her, lifting the lid and taking out a bowl of blue jello. She nods her head at her, quickly sitting down at the nearest table, scooping a spoonful of jello into her mouth as well. She was slowly learning the song, she knew most of it; it was just odd bits that she didn't get. She could hear the argument coming towards her, even with her tape player on full blast, she could hear them. She hadn't spoken to them for over two days, sure there was nodding at them of acknowledge, as they passed each other in the corridor, but they hadn't sat down a talked like they usually did. But this was different circumstances, they were the enemy and she was...something. They stopped talking, no doubt from noticing that the enemy was in the room. She slowly sips her hand into her pocket, pressing stop on the tape player, and removing her ear phones. They were whispering to one another, deciding whether they should with the enemy, or sit on another and stare at her. Someone pushed the other, sending something metal onto the floor. She glances at them, to see Daniel picking up his silver wear, as Jack grabs his lunch and heads over to her. She couldn't help but smile at him; she could always count on him, even if he was the enemy for awhile. He places his tray in front of her, slipping into the seat in front of her. He smiles at her, as he picks up his fork, stabbing some of fries onto his fork. He raises it towards his mouth, stopping as other pass him, Daniel giving them both an evil look, while Jonas and Teal'c just shrug at him, as they follow Daniel to a table at the back. Jack shakes his head, shoving the fries in his mouth, shifting in his seat a little, as he feels Daniel's eyes burrowing into the back of his head.

Sam: "Sorry, sir"
O'Neill: "Sorry, for what?"
Sam: "Well, I can see someone doesn't want to sit with the enemy" O'Neill: "Who would? They'd probably try and stick a snake in my head, while I was eating"

He shovels another load of fries into his mouth, washing it down with a sip of orange juice. She smiles at him, eating another spoonful of jello, as she watches him. He shakes his head again, stabbing his fries, then looks up at her, raising his eyebrows in the way, which showed he just got it.

O'Neill: "Who's the enemy?"

She bows her head, she literally thought he got it, but she could have only hoped. Sometimes he could really be slow, other times he could be the most intelligent person she knew, but that was only really on sports and strategies. She shakes her head, looking back up at him. His lips were slightly curve up, and then he spoiled it, by literally shoving the rest of his fries in his mouth. She rolls her eyes, didn't anyone learn manners anymore? Or was it, just her who had them.

O'Neill: (Mouth full) "So? Who's the enemy?" Sam: "I'll give you a hint, singing comp"

He frowns at her, quickly looking down at the table, as if it had the answers, he was searching for. She scoops another spoonful of jello up, wobbling around a little, before she'd played airplane with it. She slowly moves it forward, swooping it pass her bowl, does a loop-de-loop and into her mouth. She slowly pulls the spoon out of her mouth, making sure she had every bit of it, before scooping up another spoonful. She looks up at Jack, who was pulling a face at her, as his hand slowly move down his face. As his hand covered his eyes, he briefly shakes his head, letting his hand fall onto the table.

O'Neill: "I'm not gonna ask, what you were doing" He takes a deep breath. "So, who's the enemy then?" Sam: "Me, singing against each other. Remember?" O'Neill: "Oh...right. Ah, it's only some stupid singing comp. I'm only doing it, because his majesty made me"

He motions behind him, with his head. Sam nods her head, glancing over his shoulder at Daniel, who just gives her an evil, before he returns back to his meal. She frowns at him, returning her gaze back to Jack. He takes a bite out of his burger, wiping his mouth on his sleeve.

Sam: "Daniel's taking this a little too serious, isn't he?" O'Neill: "Tell me about it. Yesterday, we were watching theses music channels, Teal'c changes the channel, Daniel comes back and starts accusing us, of not taking it serious. What did he say that was so...ah" Clears his throat, putting on his Daniel impression. "Whip yourselves together"

She chuckles at him; scooping up another spoonful of jello, slipping it into her mouth, as she watches him. He had that mischievous grin on his face; he licks his lips, before taking another bite out of his burger. He drops his burger back onto the plate, pushing the tray to the side, as he takes a sip of his juice. She was trying her best to stifle her giggles, but she couldn't help it, as he had a ketchup mustache. He looks at her, frowning at her, as he looks down at his shirt. Nope, he didn't get any saucy on himself for once, his fly wasn't undone, and so there was nothing for her to laugh at. He looks up at her, she was covering her mouth now, looking down at the table, to try and avoid his gaze. She looks up, erupting into a fit of laughter. Now, he knew he wasn't that funny, and his impression of Daniel, really needed some work, but that still didn't need that sort of reaction. She slowly calms down, picking up the napkin off his tray, holding it out to him. He looks at it, what the hell would he want a napkin? She shakes her head, a small grin forming on her lips, as she leans over the table, moving the napkin towards him. He backs away from her hand, looking at it and then at her.

Sam: "You've got some...just come here, or you'll be a laughing stock"

Jack leans forward till he briefly touches the napkin, letting her wipe at his top lip. She holds the napkin up to him, showing him the remains of the ketchup. He chuckles to himself, relaxing a little, taking the napkin from her. He briefly touches her fingers, letting them linger for a while, before taking the napkin completely away from her, breaking the slight physical contact they had. He briefly smiles at her, wiping the rest of ketchup away from his top lip, while he watches her over the table. Their private moment is broken, when someone slaps Jack on the back. He instantly looks up at them, the smile he had, suddenly disappears as he sees Daniel and the other two. He looks back at Sam, briefly smiling at her, as pushes himself out of his seat. She watches him, as he collects his tray and follows the others to the doorway. She wished he could stay longer, they hardly had chance to talk, and now he was leaving. He glances over his shoulder, as he places his tray on the side, he smiles at her, giving her a little wave before he walks out the door. She sighs, turning back to her jello, which she had lost interest in. She shakes her head, getting up out of her chair, shoving her hands back in her pockets, as she heads back to her lab.

Jack couldn't take it anymore; it was either duck tape or the staple gun, if Teal'c didn't stop whatever that noise that was coming from his mouth. He'd tried stuffing cotton wool down his ears; he'd even left the room at one point, but could still hear him down the corridor. This was so wrong, how could anyone make that noise? He looks round the room, to see Jonas and Daniel both with ear defenders on, but from the look on their faces, they weren't working either. He looks at Teal'c, still making that noise, that he called singing, while trying to follow the dance moves, being shown on the TV. Jack shakes his head; they had to stop this, before his ear drums exploded.

Jack: "Teal'c"

Teal'c carries on singing away to himself, moving with the beat, slapping his hands down on his hips, as the boys on the TV did it. Jack looks at Daniel and Jonas, who just gave him pleading look, as they held on tightly to the ear defenders.

Jack: "TEAL'C!"

Teal'c stops moving, glancing over his shoulder at Jack, as he stands up straight, turning to face him. Jack shakes his head, even though he had stop, he could still hear that...noise in his head. Daniel and Jonas remove their ear defenders, throwing them quickly over their shoulders, before Teal'c saw them. They both rub their ears, sighing to themselves, as they slowly drop into the seats behind them.

Teal'c: "What is it, O'Neill?"
Jack: "Err...Teal'c. T buddy. You know that...voice of yours is quite something" Teal'c raises his eyebrow, tilting his head to one side. Jack slowly swallows, hoping to un-wedged the knot in his throat. "Well, I think it's...just amazing, why didn't you tell us you could sing like that? But I think...your too good to sing with us" He motions towards Daniel, Jonas and himself. "Maybe you should do the...dance routine. Yeah, you learn the dance routine off the video, and then teach us it. Save your voice"

Teal'c looks at each of them, before nodding his head, turning back to watch the video. The three of them, all sigh of relief, as they huddle up together in the corner. Jonas was fidgeting with his ear, still trying to get his normal hearing back.

Daniel: "That was quick thinking, Jack" Jack: "Just hope he doesn't start singing along again, I was hoping not to have to order that hearing aid yet" Jonas: "I think I'll need one of theses hearing aids. I can't hear in my left ear"

Jack and Daniel both frown at him, as he starts patting his ear with the palm of his hand. Jack shakes his head, taking a deep breathe, before getting back to the matter at hand.

Jack: "We'll have to practice in my office, or somewhere else than here" Jonas: "I'm not racist! And I'm not being the offering either, just because you still think of me as the new guy"

Jack and Daniel look at one another, and then slowly look at Jonas, shaking their heads at the same time. Jack closes his eyes, wishing Carter was with them, she would have this whole thing sorted by now. She's always the efficient one, and always seems to be able to pull solutions out of her butt...no, her head; Can always pull solutions out of her head. He shakes his head, returning back to reality.

Sam watches Janet, wandering around her living room, singing along to their song, with the CD player on full blast. They only had a few days, and then all this rivalry would be over. She was sick of having Daniel, staring at her over the commissary, or from the doorway of her lab. She'd have to remember never to get in his bad books. She would have expected Jack to behave like that, what a role reversal. But they had changed over the passed months, a lot of growing up had been down, and a lot of childish behavior has developed. Jack was a little immature at first, when they had been formed, but now he was more human, with a little work needed on his manners. But his sense of humor has never changed and probably never will. Daniel's sense of humor has just...completely gone, he hardly ever laughs at Jack's sarcastic remarks, but if she remember right, no ever really laughs at his remarks, apart from her of course. She notices a hand waving around in front of her face; she shakes her head, focusing on the young woman's hand.

Cassie: "Earth to Sam. Come in please. Over" Sam: "Sam to Earth. You're not funny. Over" Cassie: "Day dreamer"

Cassie just turns round, heading off into the kitchen, with the dog following her as usual. The damn thing never left her side, and it was even worse, when Jack was visiting. He'd come in with no hairs on him, and then the next minute, he was covered head to toe from playing with the dog, on the floor. And she thought he'd grown up a little.

Janet: "Sam, is everything sorted?"
Sam: "Yeah, I've talked some of the technicians, into playing the instruments. We both know the song now; we know are stage routine thingy bob and...Bloody Nora!" Cassie: "NO CUSING IN THE HOUSE!"

Sam and Janet both look at one another, and then at Cassie, as she enters the room with her hands on her hips. She waves a finger at them both, before stomping off to her bedroom, with the dog following close behind her. They hear the distinct noise of a door shutting, and then very loud music being played.

Sam: "What was that all about?"
Janet: "Don't ask me, I'm just here as the parent"

Sam shakes her head, returning back to her original train of thought. They hadn't gotten their outfits sorted out yet, she new there was something, when she had been at the Mall earlier. But then, was distracted when Jonas and Teal'c appeared out of no where. Somehow, they'd talked Hammond into letting them, have the day off the base for once.

Sam: "We need outfits, something distinct to the singer"

Janet looks rounds the room for the cd case, she notices it on the coffee table, and quickly picks it up, looking at the cover. She frowns at it, turning to the back; then she opens it up, taking the booklet out and drops the cd case, back onto the coffee table. She flicks through the booklet, stopping on a certain page, showing it to Sam.

Janet: "There we go, all we need is a tie, white shirt and from the looks of things, very baggy combat trousers. We can borrow them off the guys"

Sam chuckles, resting her head on her hand, as she leans back into her seat. Janet frowns at her, sitting down next to her, in the armchair. Sam looks at her shaking her, as she leans forward, resting her elbows on her knees.

Sam: "They won't even talk to me. Well, Daniel isn't talking to me. He's taking this way to seriously. He even tried to stop, the Colonel having lunch with me the other day and he even tried stopping us having a conversation as well. It's gone way beyond a joke" Janet: "He'll lighten up, after the competition. Remember, its Daniel were talking about here" Sam: "I swear, if he tries and stops me and the Colonel talking, I'll get one his precious artifacts, and shove it where the sun don't shine"

Janet's eyes widen at her statement, looking round the room for something else, to stare at instead. Sam takes a deep breath, closing her eyes, as she slowly lets it out, trying to calm herself down. She opens her eyes, to find Janet quickly escaping into the kitchen.

Sam: "Where you going?"
Janet: "Err...wanna drink?"

Sam frowns at her, resting her head back against the chair, as she wonders what Jack's doing. He's probably trying to learn the dance routine, falling over things in his living room, or wherever their hiding from her. She closes her eyes, slowly drifting off to sleep.

Jack slowly opens his locker, tonight was the night, all the practice they had put in, better be worth it or he would never talk to anyone again. Well, maybe Carter, he would talk to. He'd wanted to talk to her for days, but having strict instructions off Daniel, that Sam was off limits, until after the competition. Had stop him, he didn't need to upset him, anymore than he was. It was like he'd lost his mug again, being moody with everyone. He shakes his head, shrugging off his jacket, hanging it up inside his locker. He starts unbuttoning his shirt, pulling it out of jeans, as he undid one. He looks down at his outfit laid out on the bench; Daniel and Jonas had something similar to it, to wear as well. He pulls his arm out of sleeve, and then out the other, laying it out on the bench. He picks up the t-shirt; he holds it out in front of him. It looked as thou; Daniel had taken a pair of scissors to it, and cut the sleeves off. He shakes his head, pulling it over his head, as someone knocks on the door. He stops, listening for the door to open, but then there's only another knock. He sighs, pulling the t-shirt on properly, as he walks over to the door. He opens it, pulling his t-shirt down into position. He was surprised to see her here; she was due on soon.

Jack: "Carter? Aren't you supposed...?" Carter: "Can't talk, need a clean shirt"

She steps pass him, running down the rows of lockers, turning down one of the rows out of sight. Jack just shakes his head, letting the door close on it own, as he returns back to his own locker. He reaches into his locker, taking out his deodorant, quickly spraying his armpits and replaces it back on the shelf. He could hear a locker door slam, then some cursing, another bang and then some more cursing, which was coming from behind him. He turns round in time, to see Sam appear rubbing at something on her shirt.

Jack: "What's up, Carter?"
Carter: "Someone split their drink on me, I thought I'd remember to bring a spare, but I guessed I didn't" Jack: "Well, what sort of shirt do you need?" Carter: "Plain white one"

He frowns, looking inside his locker, looking through his spare clothes and then his dress uniform. He heard her come up behind him, as he took the shit off its hanger. He holds it out to her, with the biggest grin that nearly would probably split his face.

Jack: "Here, you can borrow that. Just make sure you don't have anymore accidents, that my dress uniform shirt"

She looks at it, and then at the one she had on. She slowly reaches out for it, a small smile curving her lips, as she carefully took it. She frowns at it, then looks at him and then into his locker.

Carter: "Why's your dress uniform in your locker?" Jack: "Err...keep forgetting to take it home"

She nods her head, backing away from him, and then disappearing off to her locker. He shakes his head, undoing his trousers and exchanging them for the other pair. If he didn't know better, he could have sworn theses were his off-world pair, which went missing the other day. He shakes his head, doing them up, and then the belt. He pulls the t-shirt down in front of them, making sure it was neat and tidy, before he slip his boots back on. He ties his laces up, hearing the patter of feet, rushing up behind him. He stands up, a little too quick, as a pain shoots up his spine. He gasps a bit, at the little reminder of all the tortured, Daniel had put him through for the past week, as he grabs hold of the locker door. He rolls his eyes, rubbing his hand down his back, as he does a little stretch.

Carter: "You alright, sir?"
Jack: "Huh? Yeah, sure; just a little back pain, nothing big"

He rolls his shoulders, reaching down for his discarded trousers, and then a very loud crack echoes through the room. He frowns, as he couldn't move, he tries straightening himself up but is only rewarded by agonizing pain, rushing up his back and down to his legs. He closes his eyes, waiting for the pain to cease.

Jack: "Aarrgh...that fucking hurts!"
Carter: "Sir?"
Jack: "Err...Carter, couldn't give us a hand?" Carter: "What's wrong?"
Jack: "Can't stand up right"

He could hear her giggling, as she came up behind him. He'd let it past this time round, but next time, she was gonna be reprimanded for it. Her hands slowly slip up his chest, and down his back. He closes his eyes, savoring the feel, of her hands on him. It was a rare occasion when it happens, but it felt so right.

Carter: "Ready?"

He simple nods his head, groaning as he's force to straighten. It was so incredible; she could be so gentle but then cause so much pain. He opens his eyes, grabbing hold of her arm, as he rocks back on his feet. She holds onto him, letting all his weight rest on her. He slowly bends over again, and then straightens himself up. She slowly releases him, letting her hands linger for a while, until they just fall from his sides. He glances at her, smiling his thanks as he steps pass her.

Jack: "Better stay on stand by, I might need you to do that again, before the night is through" Carter: "Sure thing, sir. Just hope you don't do it on stage" Jack: "Don't remind me"

Jack shakes his head, reaching into his locker for his gel. He unscrews the lid, taking some out into his hand, while he puts it back inside. She smiles at him, as he looks into the mirror, stuck to the inside of his locker door. He looks at her reflection in the mirror, before turning to face her, holding out his hand to her. She frowns at him, and then looks down at his hand, with the bit of gel on it.

Jack: "I'm no good when it comes to my hair. Can you spike it for me, since you've got more sense than me and Teal'c, put together?"

She shakes her head, scooping the gel off his hand, and then rubs it between her hands. She looks at his hair, and then at the sides, deciding where best to spike it. She couldn't quite see the top, height being a very difficult thing, when he's involve.

Carter: "It'll be easier, if you would sit down on the bench"

Without a word, he sits down on the bench, resting his hands on his knees, waiting for her to finish. She takes a deep breath, before stepping closer to him, pulling his hair, into some sort of order. He looks up at her, trying his best not to move his head, at the same time. She had that look, the look when she was trying to work out, a solution to whatever mess, he had gotten them into. He smiles at her, the idea of her doing his hair, was a little weird. If someone came in now, they would definitely get the wrong idea, especially as his back was to the door and her shirt was...He just noticed that right in front of him, was bare skin peeping through the gap of the shirt. It was the most skin he seen on her, since they'd had been captured by Hathor. He could feel his heart beating like crazy, any minute and it was going too exploded out of his chest. She pats him on the shoulders, stepping away from him, so he could get up. He was like spring board, quickly getting to his feet, checking his reflection in the mirror. He could hear her wandering off, into the other part of the locker room, turning on the taps at one of the sinks. His cheeks were slowly returning back to their normal shade, as the taps were turned off. He closes his eyes, taking a deep breathe, as she return back into the room. He turns to face her, watching her dry her hands on a towel, and then discarding it on the bench. She looks at her watch, a sudden look of horror cross her face, as she darted for the door.

Jack: "Carter?"
Carter: "I'm up!"

He heard her break into her sprint, before the door finally close, leaving him by himself. He leans back against the lockers, banging the back of his head off them. That was too close for comfort, all he had to do was reach out, and he would have been...he shakes his head. Giving it one last bang off the locker, before pushing himself away from it; and slams his locker shut.

Sam quickly pushes her way through the crowd, trying her best to get to the stage, before Janet lost her bottle all together. She could tell from her face, that she wasn't enjoying the experience, of being the only one on stage. Sam quickly pushes one last person out of her way, scrambling onto the stage, as Hammond finished their introduction. Janet was by her side in a heart beat, grabbing her arm, pulling her to her feet, before she could even get her bearings. Janet pulls to certain stage, where their mics had been setup, with the spot light focus on them. Sam looks out into the crowd, all she could see was darkness, and the dim light that was hanging over the makeshift bar, at the back. She couldn't move, they were all staring at her, she could feel all their eyes on her, waiting for to mess up. A new light source came from the back of the room, a silhouette of someone, before the door shut behind them. They make their way to the bar, whispering to someone and then looking round the room. Janet nudges her in the side, making her break her attention away from the darkness, which surrounded them.

Janet: (whispering) "Were so dead"
Sam: (whispering) "Give me a battle situation any day" O'Neill: "Go on Carter! Show `em what you made of!"

They both look back towards the audience, both seeing him in the dim light of the bar. He nods his head to them, urging them on in his own way. Sam smiles at him, hoping that he could see it, before see turn to face the technicians behind them. She nods her head to them, and they all start playing. Janet grabs the mic stand, turning her knuckles with her grip. Sam pats her on the shoulder, trying her best to charm her nerves, as well as her own. But somehow, knowing that he was there, made her calmer because she knew, he wouldn't let anything bad happen.

Janet: "Chill out what cha yelling for
Lay back it's all been done before
And if you could only let it be
You will see"

Sam could see Janet physically relax, her grip on the mic stand becoming looser, as she starts looking round the room. Her nerves were all but gone, as she gets into the song. Sam looks out at crowd, watching the back as the other members of SG-1, nod their heads as if they were a nodding accessory, in the back in cars. Bouncing their heads when they went over bumps, or when they went round corners too fast. She couldn't help but grin at them.

"I like you the way you are
When were driving in your car
And you're talking to me one
On one but you become

(Sam joins in) "Somebody else round everyone else You're watching you're back like
You can't relax you're trying to
Be cool you look like a fool
To me. Tell me

Why'd you have to go and make things so Complicated see the may you're acting
Like you're somebody else gets me frustrated Life's like this you fall and you crawl and

You turn it into honesty. Promise me I'm never Gonna find you fake it"

Janet steps away from the mic, a grin spreading from ear to ear, as she bounces around. Sam quickly looks back out into the darkness, pushing the image of Janet. She'd have to remember to talk to Cassie, about sending Janet to the nut house. She could still see them at the back, nodding their heads in time with the music.

Sam: "You come over unannounced dressed up Like you're someone else when you are
Ain't where it's at you see you're
Making me laugh out when you
Strike your pose take off all
You're preppy clothes! You know
You're not fooling anyone when you become

(Janet joins in, still bouncing around) "Somebody else Round everyone else
You're watching you're back
Like you can't relax you're trying
To be cool you look like a fool to me. Tell me

Chill out what cha yelling for
Lay back it's all been done before
And if you could only let it be
You will see

Somebody else
Round everyone else
You're watching you're back
Like you can't relax you're trying
To be cool you look like a fool to me. Tell me!"

Sam quickly escapes off stage, as the sing comes to an end. She didn't need to see Janet, bouncing around like Cassie did sometimes, when she was alone in her bedroom, and thought no one was watching her. Janet bounces off towards her, as their applauded and a few wolf whistles, are sent there way. Janet can't stop bouncing as she goes off, behind one of the curtains and down the steps. Sam shakes her head, following her out into the corridor. Janet stops bouncing as they enter the bar area, but she was still strutting around a little. Who would have thought, the good doctor got high on adrenalin. They push through the crowd, to where they had seen the boys, pretending to be noddy dogs. She sights an empty stool, right next to where they were standing. She jumps on to it, waiting for the complaint from whoever, had been sitting there moments before. No such complaint came; she smiles to herself, turning to face the others. Janet was talking to Jonas, telling him how much a buzz it was, while he tries his best to keep up with her. Teal'c nods his head as a greeting, slightly smiling at her, before turning back to Daniel.

Daniel: "You did well, Sam"
Sam: "Oh, so were speaking to me now. What happen to not speaking to me?" Daniel: "Well, someone had a chat with me and threaten to shove certain objects, into a place where the sun has never shone"

Sam couldn't help but grin, looking down at the floor and then back up at him. He was glaring at Jack, as he took a sip of his beer, paying no attention to the conversation, but watches the group on the stage. She smiles to herself, ordering her drink from the bar. Jonas suddenly appears, looking up at the stage and then at Jack and Daniel.

Jonas: "We better go get ready, they'll be finishing in a minute and we need to get in our positions"

Daniel nods his head, following Jonas through the crowd. Jack watches them, downing the rest of his drink, placing it on the bar. He looks at her, he was grinning at something, but god knows what it was, when it concerns him. He goes to walk pass her, but stops as their shoulders brush. She instantly looks up at him, returning his smile with a smile of her own.

Sam: "Good luck, sir. I'll be on stand by, if you need help" O'Neill: "Yeah, I'm gonna need all the luck in the world, if my back locks again. Daniel won't let it drop for months, if it does"

She chuckles turning back to her drink, as he quickly pushes his way through the crowd. The group on stage finish, everyone applauds as they leave the stage. Hammond comes on stage, looking down at his cards, as he comes to a stand still in front of the mic. He frowns at the cards, holding them away from him, and then holds them closure for a better look. He shakes his head, looking off stage at someone, and then rolls his eyes, facing the front.

Hammond: "Up next is Colonel O'Neill" He shakes his head again, looking off stage to where they supposedly are standing. "Dr Jackson and Mr. Quinn"

There's an eruption of clapping, then they appear and from what it sounded like, all the female officers and nurses, were screaming at them. She could see them all go red, as they take their places, up on the stage. She grins to herself, turning on her stool to face them. For the first time, she'd noticed his out fit. A tight black sleeveless t-shirt, baggy pants, which look a lot like his off-world pair, that she had try to nick but found someone had beat her to it. She shakes her head, as Janet seats down next to her, sipping at her drink as she watches them on stage. Sam looks at her, but then notices Teal'c, still standing next to them.

Sam: "Teal'c, aren't you supposed to be up there"

She points up at the stage, as the music starts to their song. Teal'c follows in direction she's pointing, clasping his hands behind his back. Janet looks from him to Sam; Sam shakes her head at her unasked question, as then returns back to questioning him.

Sam: "Teal'c, why aren't you up there?" Teal'c: "O'Neill thought it best to preserve my voice. He believes I have a natural talent, and should save my voice"

They both nod at each other, looking back up onto the stage, as they start their dance routine. If she didn't know any better, she would have thought they did it all time, the way they were in sink with one another. Daniel steps out in front of them, taking one of mics from it stand.

(*Author: If you've watched the music video to this, then visualize them doing that dance, because I can't sit here telling you the whole dance routine*)

Daniel: "Would you be my girlfriend?
Would you be my girlfriend?
Would you be my girlfriend?
I like you right
But would you be my girlfriend?
My best friend"

Daniel steps back, as Jonas jumps out in front of them, as three of the female personnel some on stage, and start dancing with either one of them. As Sam watched the one dancing with Jack, that little friend of jealously was starting to come out, as she placed her hand on his shoulder and the other going somewhere, where she couldn't see.

Jonas: "I don't know why you care
(Why you thinkin' 'bout him woman)
He doesn't even know you're there
(He ain't even paying attention)
No no, 'cause he don't love your eyes (no) And he don't love your smile (no)
Girl you know that ain't fair (come on)"

All three of them come to front of the stage, still dancing with the women who came on. Sam was nearly off her seat, trying her best to clam herself down, but what she really wanted to do. Was go up there, rip that woman limb from limb, and then take Jack off somewhere. She could feel her face screwing up, as the women put their arms round their necks, pulling themselves closure to them. Jack looked a little uncomfortable, but you wouldn't notice it, unless you knew his face expressions off by heart.

All of them: "The middle of the night (mmm) Is he gonna be by your side (no no)
Or will he run and hide
You don't know cause things ain't clear And baby when you cry
Is he gonna stand by your side
Does the man even know you're alive?
I got an idea"

The other two, dance their way backwards with their partners, still clinging to their necks. The woman, dancing with Jack, slowly moves round to his back, tracing her hand over his shoulders, as she comes to his other side.

All of them: "Why don't you be my girlfriend? I'll treat you good (I'll treat you good girl) I know you hear your friends when they say you should 'Cause if you were my girlfriend
I'd be your shining star
The one to show you where you are
Girl you should be my girlfriend"

Sam was completely off her seat, see couldn't take her eyes off her, the cheek of the woman, to even think he was singing to her. She felt screaming at him, that she would be his girlfriend, after she got out of jail, for serving her time for the crime, of ripping Nurse Lancers limbs off.

O'Neill: "Does he know what you feel
(He know what you feel)
Are you sure that it's real, yeah eh eh yeah (Are you sure)
Does he ease your mind (no)
Or does he break your stride
Did you know that love could be a shield, yeah?"

They change places with Daniel, and his dance partner, but Sam still couldn't take her eyes off him. That woman was so going to get it, if she didn't take her hands off him, in the next 10 seconds or she would feel the wrath of Major Samantha Carter.

Daniel: "The middle of the night (oh)
Is he gonna be by your side (no no no)
Or will he run and hide
You don't know cause things ain't clear And baby when you cry (oh no)
Is he gonna stand by your side (no no)
Does the man even know you're alive?
I got an idea (listen)"

They move back to the front, the woman was circling his shoulders again, like some kind of vulture, circling its prey before it stuck. If looks could kill, that woman would have been dead long ago. She could feel someone, pulling at her shirt, or his shirt, keeping her from moving any further. She knew it was Janet, keeping her from making an idiot of her self.

All of them: "Why don't you be my girlfriend (oh, yeah yeah) I'll treat you good (I'll treat you good girl) I know you hear your friends when they say you should, baby 'Cause if you were my girlfriend
I'd be your shining star
The one to show you where you are
Girl you should be my girlfriend"

Jack and Daniel move back again, while Jonas dances with his partner. Sam could feel her nails beginning to dig into the palms of her hands, and she had to clutching them tightly to do that, as they were really short. Her arms were beginning to ache from the tension in her muscles.

Jonas: "You make my heart sing
you make my heart sing
you make my heart sing
you make my heart sing
Yeah"

The other two join him at the front, Nurse Lancers doesn't take her arm from around his neck; she would be talking out of butt, by the end of the night. She tries moving again, but Janet's grip on her shirt, keeps her where she is.

All of them: "Ever since I saw your face nothing in my life has been the same
I walk around just saying your name
without you my world would end (yeah)
I've searched around this whole damn place and everything says you were meant to be my girlfriend (oh)"

The women untangle themselves away from them, moving off stage backwards, as they watch the three of them; begin the end sequence to their dance. Sam slowly back towards her stool, slipping onto it but keeping a watchful eye on Nurse Lancers, as she picks up her beer from the bar. Janet shakes her head, downing the rest of her drink, as she orders another one.

"Why don't you be my girlfriend, yeah
I'll treat you good
I know you hear your friends when they say you should (I know you hear your friends when they say you should) 'Cause if you were my girlfriend (my girlfriend) I'd be your shining star (be your shining star, yeah) The one to show you where you are
Girl you should be my girlfriend

You make my heart sing
You make my heart sing
You make my heart sing
My baby, baby yeah
You make my heart sing

Girl you should be my girlfriend
Girl you should be my girlfriend
Girl you should be my girlfriend
Girl you should be my girlfriend
Girl you should be my girlfriend
My girlfriend"

The lights cut out, and then come back on, revealing them missing from the stage. People start applauding at the empty stage, as Hammond comes on to introduced the next act. Sam closes her eyes, forcing the image of Jack and Nurse Lancers out of her mind, and replaces it with just Jack. She opens her eyes; as she feels someone brush pass her, as they lean over the bar for their drink. He was so close again, closer than he was in the locker room. She was amazed that she prevented herself, from just taking him there and then, carrying on something she once started in that very room, on that very bench. He leans back, taking a very long sip of his beer, trying his best to quench his thirst. He falls back onto the stool behind him, placing his drink on the bar, as he sighs in relief.

Sam: "You were great"

She was trying her best, not to have a go at him, for dancing that way with Lancers. She knew it was only part of their routine, but the way they were dancing, it was as if they were really intimate with one another. He rolls his eyes, watching as the next group went up onto the stage. He wipes his brow, letting his hand fall on to his knee.

O'Neill: "Yeah, but the song was pansy. Would rather, have done something that at least had some good guitar playing, some drums and that, a bit like your song. Oh, you were brilliant by the way" Sam: "Enjoy dancing with Nurse Lancers?"

She couldn't help it, she had to know whether he enjoyed it, otherwise it would drive her nuts. The way his body slump against the bar, was a little startling at first, but the face that he pull, just made her grin.

O'Neill: "Nothing against her, but I really hate having to dance with someone, I don't' really know like that. That was kinda of intimate, you know, very close proximity like that, is meant to be with a girlfriend or something like that. Do you get what I mean?"

She sighs to herself; the relief washing over her was immense. He didn't like it, most men would have jump at the chance, to dance with a woman like that, but not Jack O'Neill. She starts grinning at him, taking a long sip of beer, as she watches him sip his own.

O'Neill: "Still think we should have had a car, like they did in the video. Nice classic car like a 69 Ford, suicide doors and a blonde on the bonnet" Sam: "Great, men and their cars"

He smiles at her, shaking his head, as he peals off the label on his beer. She was quite happy to listen to him, ramble on about cars and stuff. This was the most they had chatted, since their last conversation in the commissary, even though that was very short lived. He stands up off his stool, taking his beer with him; he motions towards the exit with his head, a subtle invitation to leave with him. She nods her head, grabbing her own beer off the bar, and following him through the crowd to the door.

They were sat in her lab; it was the closes place they could go, as they had to go back for the results. Jack watches her across the room, checking up on one of her experiments, writing down the read outs, on her clip board. He smiles to himself, remembering what he saw, when he caught a glimpse of her. Her fists clinched down by her sides, her eyes focus on her objective, with Janet hanging on to her shirt, as she tried to move towards the stage. He knew she didn't like what she saw, and he didn't like that she had to see it. He would have rather had her, as a dance partner, then at least the words he sang, would have meant something. He sighs, leaning forward onto work top, poking one of her gadgets; she'd left on the side. He slowly turns it round with his finger; having a look at all it sides. He frowns at it, as he picks it up, sticking his fingers into the gaps. The gadget suddenly disappears, out of his hands. He looks round, noticing she was stood by one of the shelves, carefully placing it by some of her other gadgets.

Carter: "Don't mess with that"
Jack: "Why'd? What'd it do?"
Carter: "Don't know, till I take it apart tomorrow"

He nods his head, resting it on his folded his arms, as she sits down on a stool, in front of him. She takes a sip of her beer, taking the tie off from around her neck. Jack was grateful that he had managed to get used, to the idea of seeing so much flesh on her. He didn't know, whether he could stand to bang his head of the wall in there. Metal's on thing, but concrete was a totally different ball game.

Carter: "Who'd you think won?"
Jack: "Don't know, and don't really care. You?" Carter: "It's a throw up, between the Nurses and the Marines" Jack: "The Marines? They were prancing round that stage, like it was some kind of ballet. I could just see them in Swan Lake, all of them in their tutus and those tights"

She starts giggling, spluttering some of her drink, over herself and the work top. Jack leans back, avoiding the spray of beer, which had come towards him. He couldn't help but smile at her, her sense of humor was similar to his own. Which was one of the reasons they really got along, well except when she doesn't agree with his orders, but apart from that their like a house on fire. She wipes her mouth on the sleeve of her shirt, or rather his shirt, as she coughs a bit, before regaining her composure.

Carter: "Oh, my chest hurt now"
Jack: "You can have my back and legs, if you want? Their killing me, as we speak" Carter: "Daniel's tortured to much for you, sir?" Jack: "Tortured? This wasn't tortured, it was pay back for something, but with Daniel, you never know which it is. I could be pay back for our last mission, it wasn't my fault; he fell backwards into that pond" Carter: "No, of course it wasn't. It's not like you crept up behind him, and push him"

He grins at her, taking a sip of his beer, looking down at his watch. They had to go back soon, even if he was enjoying his time alone with her. They never really spent much time together, but they always had their mutual understanding, and always seem to know, what the other one was thinking.

Carter: "We better be making our way back, they'll be making the announcement soon"

She gets up off her stool, turning off the lamp on her desk and the one shinning on her experiment. He slowly rises off his stool, downing the remains of his beer. Like all good things, they must all come to an end. She stands by the door, waiting for him to leave first. He nods his head to her, slipping pass her through the door. She turns the lights off, closing the door behind her.

They enter the room at the same time; everyone was sat down at the tables, or was propping themselves up at the bar. They quickly join the others, taking the stools, they'd saved for them. Hammond's up on stage, having one of the judge's whisper, something into his ear. He starts nodding his head, taking envelop that was being offered to him. He nods his head a final time, as the judge quickly getting off the stage. Hammond mutters something to him self, talking one of the mics off the stands, as he pulls the cards out of the envelop. He reads it quickly, memorizing most of it to memory. He looks up at the crowd, and then back down at the cards. A small smile sweeps across his face, but is quickly replace by his poker face.

Hammond: "In third place are the delightful ladies from the infirmary, the Nurses"

Everyone immediately starts applauding them, as they climb the stairs onto the stage. Even from the back, Sam could hear them giggling, and mumbling something to one another. She shakes her head, looking across at Jack, as he shakes his own head, while he orders them another beer.

Hammond: "In second place are the Doctor and our delightful Major Carter"

Sam looks round, not quite sure she heard him right. Everyone was staring at her again, applauding at her and Janet. Janet starts bouncing up and down again, trying her best to pull Sam off her seat. She looks at Jack, who just shrugs at her, taking a sip of his beer. Janet gives one last tuck, pulling Sam completely off her seat. She lets Janet pull her towards the stage, while she looks at Jack, who just motions towards the stage. She looks round as she steps up the stairs, following Janet towards Hammond in autopilot. Janet takes something off Hammond, smiling at the audience, before pulling Sam back off stage. No sooner had she been up, had she been back on her stool, facing her grinning Colonel.

Janet: "I wonder what we won" She rips open envelop, reading the card inside as her face lightens up. "We've won, a day at a health farm! That's fantastic; I could do with having a mud bath and being pampered" O'Neill: "That'll be good for you, Carter. Get to actually sit back, and relax for once"

She glares at him, but he quickly turns his attention else where. She shakes her head, taking the card off Janet, to have a look for herself. She frowns at it, handing it back to Janet, who goes bouncing off to show the others. She pinches the bridge of her noise, opening her eyes to find a beer, being offered to her. She follows the arm, to see him grinning at her again. She takes the beer, brushing her fingers against his, before he took them away. They stared at each other for a moment, everyone else fading away, as they focus their attention on one another. Suddenly two very loud males, starting bouncing around in a hug, patting each other on the others back. Sam shakes her head, to find Jonas and Daniel, bouncing around with Janet between them. They break apart, grabbing hold of Jack, and pulling him off through the crowd. She looks round, trying to find out what's going on. Did they both miss something? She watches as Jack's pull onto the stage, he stares at her, his eyes pleading with her, to come and rescue him. Hammond gives them envelop, holding onto it, as he leans towards Daniel, and whispers something into his ear. Daniel frowns at first, and then smiles, nodding his head in agreement with whatever Hammond said. Daniel quickly jumps down the stairs, with Jonas in tow, pulling Jack behind him.

They'd been sat at the bar since the end of the competition; people started leaving soon after the results, heading home like any normal person, would have done. But they were still there, Jack propping up the bar, Daniel slump over a table, Janet and Jonas leaning against one another, Teal'c sat in one of the corners, doing his Telnorime. Sam looks at Jack, watching him pick at something, on the bar. He glances up at her, smiling at her as he sits up in front of her. He likes times like theses, they could sit in perfect silence, without saying a word, and it felt comfortable. Even if the way they were looking at one another, was kinda against regs, it felt comfortable, it felt right and so good. They would both size the other up, memorizing each detail of the other to memory. Daniel starts to stir, raising his head off the table, with a drink coaster stuck to his face. He frowns at it, slowly peeling it away from his skin. He drops it on the table, finishing off the drags in his glass, before turning to face the others. He clears his throat, trying to gain the others attention. They all look at him, waiting for him to say what he had to say.

Daniel: "Oh, guys you better pack. Were going on holiday, including Janet and Sam" Jack: "How on earth can we do that? We'd only just had some time off, I don't think Hammond's gonna let have another one so soon" Daniel: "He has to; it's our prize for being first. We get to spend a week at the Gould palace; we went to and got hook on that light thing" Jack: "Oh, right. I knew that"

Sam glances at him, he just shrugs at her, looking from Daniel and then back to her, as she looks at Daniel. He wished, he could just rest his arm over her shoulders, and then slightly turn her head...he shakes the thought out of his head. He closes his eyes, cursing at himself for having that thought, as he opens his eyes, to see them leaving. He sighs, getting off his stool and following them out the door. Well, at least he would get to spend some time with her, when they were at the Gould palace. But knowing them, they'll probably try their best to stay away from each other. He shoves his hands into his pockets, lowering his head, as the door closes behind him.

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Katmellie