Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Forever May Not Be Long Enough

by Keri Waters
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Forever May Not Be Long Enough

forever may not be long enough

by keri waters

TITLE: forever may not be long enough
AUTHOR: keri waters
EMAIL: whiteegyptian@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: Crossover (The Mummy movies), Future story
PAIRING: other pairing
SPOILERS: both mummy films, forever in a day, fury.
SEASON / SEQUEL: 3; sequel to the mummy returns.
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: crossover
SUMMARY: imhotep is revived once again and hes distraught when hes told ankh su namuns body has not been found. this leads him to discover the chappaai and the start of a search for his beloved.
STATUS: Unfinished
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: in hamunaptra 100 followers of the egyptian old religion surround a stone table. on the table lies a mummified man. he is imhotep. this is the third time hes been raised from the dead. a jaffa priest reads from a black book resting on a lectern near to the table. the other followers are chanting in an obscure egyptian dialect.

the time had come, it was meant to happen this way, he will rise again. 100 followers of the egyptian old religion surround a stone table with a mummified body lying on top of it. a jaffa priest reads from a black book resting on a lecturn.

"rise up, rise up, rise up." he said in ancient egyptian. lightening flashed, the candles flickered. then the mummy woke up. he had arisen again. he was not like your usual mummy, he looked like any living person. he looked around and spoted the advanced wiring embedded in the walls.

"what year is this?", he enquired.

"2421", said the preist.

"truly?", asked imhotep.

"yes" replied the preist.

imhotep looked around again.

a sudden sense of lonliness came accross him.

"where is ancksunamun?"he asked.

the preist turned to one of hos aids. then spoke to him.

"how can we tell him?" asked the aide.

"he has to know" said the preist.

"well i am dont want to be the one to tell him" said the aide.

"what is this?" asked imhotep.

the two preists exchanged worried looks, they both knew only too well what imhotep did to people who displeased him. but they had to tell him the truth. they had to risk it, despite their worries.

"we werent able to find her body anywhere on earth" said the 1st priest.

"you are sure?" imo asked "you searched all over?".

"we did, i asure you we tell the truth", said the preist.

"i have lost her", said imo. he felt his heart sink. although she had betrayed him in 1935, he still loved her.

"there way be a way", said one of the followers.

"tell me" said imo.

"i found an obscure grave on a remote world, it begins A, but the rest of the lettering is obscured" said jolise.

"we must find this place" sais imo.

"we are leaving then?"asked the preist.

"we begin the search. i wont stop till i have found her" said imo.

so now they packed up their things the preist, his aide, jolise and imhotep made their way from hamunaptra to a large circular device known as the chappaai, a stargate in egypt? yes the third earth stargate had been found. they unearthed it in 2397. but thats another story. so they went through the chappaai to abydos. imo looked around and spotted the grave. he wiped away the moss, but to no avail. the grave was not that of ankhsunamun but it was the grave of amonet-shauri. she had died in 1998 when tealc killed with his staff weapon. shauri had been an abydonian woman who'd become the host to a goauld symbiont called amonet. now imhotep had found her grave 400 years later.

he was disapppointed that it was not the grave of his love. but he did sense something familiar about this woman. then he realised, shauri was the reincarnated version of his love. mind, body and soul. he concentrated and bought her coffin to the surface. he then prized open the lid and lifted her body out. he got the black book from his preist and read.

"rise up, rise up". said imo.

she stired. she looked like any living woman, but she was goauld.

a moment passed before she woke up. her eyes flashed. "where is apophis?" asked amonet.

"apophis is dead" said the preist.

"who are you?" asked amonet

"i am imhotep". said imo.

imo had long been seeked by the goauld and now amonet had met him. they did not want to make him a host, they just wanted him to join their cause.

"we have seeked you" sais amonet.

"i have seeked for you" said imo.

"i never met you before" said amonet.

"you are ankhsunamun reincarnated" said imo

"i am amonet" said amonet

it would take a while but imo was determined to make amonet see that she was his past life lover. but even if she refused to accept that, she would grow to love him. he was falling in love with amonet, but in a way he already loved her fully. she had become attracted to him and now that apophis was dead(had been for 400 years) she ahd no ties to prevent her from finding another. but she wouldnt admit that to anyone, but that is typical goauld arrogance for you, never admitting you are wrong or that you feel emotion.

thats it for the story for now,
its not the end its only the beggining......
stayed tuned and watch this space......

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to keri waters