Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Swift Recovery

by Sally Rolfe
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Swift Recovery

Swift Recovery

by Sally Rolfe

Title: Swift Recovery
Author: Sally Rolfe
Email:blaidd@madasafish.com
Status: Complete
Category: Romance
Spoilers: Season 4 episode "Upgrades"
Season/Sequel info: None
Rating: PG-13
Content Warnings: slight reference to sexual situations
Summary: Sgt. Siler recovers after his "accident"......
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of
Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko
Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no
money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is
intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of me
and are not to be used without my express permission.
DEDICATION: To my best friend, Winifred, and to all those who work so
hard to bring us such a fantastic series. Thanks guys!
FEEDBACK: YES PLEASE!!

Reality began to seep slowly back into his body as Siler fought the sedatives that had been pumped into him after his "fall". As his body slowly began to awaken, pain shot through his head and arm, causing him to flinch involuntarily. He buried his head into his pillow, trying to muffle the moan that escaped his lips as the pain laced through him. He closed his eyes and cursed slightly to himself as he heard footsteps nearing him.

"So, you're finally awake then huh?" a female voice by his side asked him, her tone laced with suppressed laughter.

"I'm so glad you find my situation so amusing doctor" Siler snarled, the pain making him unusually surly. He buried his head further into the pillow, praying for the oblivion of sleep so that he would have an end to the pain.

"I'm sorry Sgt. I didn't mean to upset you. It's just that you've been out for quite a while and haven't heard the latest on our 'friends', and they're newest antics" she told him, the laughter more prominent in her voice now. Her statement piqued Siler's interest and he gingerly turned his head to look at her, his movement slow to avoid making his head any worse. His efforts were in vain however, and he closed his eyes as the world around him began to spin.

"Easy Siler. We don't want you over-doing it. You have a nasty concussion" she admonished him. "I told the General to tell SG1 that your concussion isn't as bad as it really is, because I know Colonel O'Neill is feeling bad about what happened and I didn't want to make him feel worse. But, you have to take it easy for a few days" she told him. Her advice sounded very much like an order to Siler, who was feeling disgruntled already, and he rolled his eyes slightly.

"Whatever you say Doctor" was the only comment he would make. "What did you mean about SG1's latest antics?" he queried, trying to change the subject.

"I know what you're doing Siler and it won't work. We'll talk about your resting later. You're not going to wriggle out of this that easily. Now, as to SG1's antics..." she said, proceeding to fill him in on exactly what they'd been getting up to....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Janet sat quietly by his side as Siler drifted back off to sleep, glad he was alright and apparently in possession of all his faculties. She had been worried about him, though she would never admit it to anyone, and was glad he seemed to be alright."He's a stubborn old beggar though"she thought wryly, a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth as she gazed down at him, his face calm and his sleep peaceful. She ran her hand gently across his brow and, with a small sigh, turned and walked slowly back to her office while Siler slept on unawares.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A strange mist surrounded him as Siler walked slowly forwards, unsure as to his location or his destination. The mist obscured his view as he tried to look around him, concealing his surroundings and making him nervous."What could be lurking in that mist, waiting until the right moment to attack?"he thought, knowing he would have little chance to defend himself from an attacker he could not see. He kept walking though, compelled by an unconscious feeling that there was a reason he was here. After a few moments the mist before him thinned and he stepped into a small clearing, enclosed by a dense forest of trees. The mist was there also, making the forest seem to disappear a few feet behind the tree line. He walked slowly towards the centre of the clearing, wondering why he had been brought here and whether he would ever leave. A sound behind him caused him to spin around and he stood still, staring in amazement as he realised the path he had taken to get here had vanished. A feeling of panic began to grip him as he realised he was trapped in a strange land with no escape and no way of knowing what was going to happen to him. Noises in the forest made him jumpy, increasing his desire to escape and return home. He was so wound up by them that when he felt a hand on his arm, he reacted without thinking and spun round, hitting out at his unknown attacker. His fist found nothing but thin air however and he fell to the ground as a searing pain shot through his head. Sure he was under attack, he tried to rise and face his foe but his arm would not hold him and he collapsed back against the soft earth. Cradling his arm against his chest, he waited for the end to come, certain his attacker would not leave him alive to raise the alarm.

"Don't worry Siler, everything's going to be alright" a female voice said, sounding close by. He turned his head slightly and saw Janet Fraiser walking slowly towards him. The fabric of her long white dress whispered as she walked, swirling around her feet with every step and reminding Siler of the strange mist he had travelled through to get here. He wondered momentarily why Janet would also be here and felt a surge of fear for her safety.

"Janet, you must leave here. There is someone else here and I won't let you get hurt by them as well" he told her, his voice anxious and his tone urgent.

"There's no-one else here Siler. We're alone" she assured him, a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth.

"There is another here Janet. They attacked me and I don't know if I can protect you if they return" he insisted, the pain in his head and arm becoming stronger as he tried to convince her to leave.

"Siler, you fell down the stairs at the SGC when Col. O'Neill accidentally pushed you over a railing. He had on the alien armband and didn't realise that patting you on the shoulder, as he does every time he sees you, would have such disastrous consequences. You've got a broken arm and a concussion, remember?" she informed him, tilting her head slightly to one side as she looked at him.

"O'Neill did this? Typical" he snorted, rolling his eyes in resignation.

"What do you mean?" Janet asked, kneeling beside him.

"Well, it seems that whenever the two of us are alone, I always end up getting hurt. Remember when we accidentally got connected to a black hole? O'Neill and I went down to the power vault to shut down the power to the gate and when we pulled the main breaker, the system overloaded and it was me that took the hit of electricity" he reminded her.

"That was an accident Siler, as it was an accident that you got hurt this time. You'll be ready and able to get back to work in no time" she told him, unable to hide her smile any longer.

"Where are we?" he asked, confused as to why they were here and not at the SGC.

"I don't know, but I do know we're alone" she murmured, leaning towards him. As her lips pressed against his, the pain in his head and arm melted away. He responded to her kiss, his arm snaking round her slender waist as he pulled her down onto the soft earth beside him. All thoughts of the SGC vanished as Siler showed Janet just howready and ablehe was....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Janet woke with a start, her heart pounding and her skin tingling as she vividly recalled just what she and Siler had gotten up to in that clearing. She shook her head, trying to dispel the feelings those images stirred within her. She must have fallen asleep and, for some unknown reason, she had dreamt about Siler. She knew deep down that she wouldn't have minded if those events had actually taken place, but she was also aware of the fact that they never would. On impulse she left her office and made her way back into the infirmary, needing to make sure Siler was alright. As she walked towards his bed, she was surprised to find he was awake. He lifted his head and turned slightly to look at her, smiling as his eyes devoured her as they had in the clearing. The twinkle in his eyes told her he knew exactly what had happened between them. Janet looked at him, suddenly confused as it had all been a dream, hadn't it.........?

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Sally Rolfe