Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Saviours 2: Rachel

by Sara B
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Saviours 2:Rachel

Saviours 2:Rachel

by Sara B

TITLE: Saviours 2:Rachel
AUTHOR: Sara B
EMAIL: sara.bell2@ntlworld.com
CATEGORY: Series, Action/Adventure
PAIRING: none
SPOILERS: Fair Game Cold Lazarous
SEASON / SEQUEL: any
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: Part two to Saviours. Sam and Jack get to know the child, but is she theirs?
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Hope you like this it's not necessary yo read part 1 as there a little breifing at the start of the story. PLEASE READ IT! This part is slightly better, in my opinion what do you think? tell me please :-)

Previously- Sam and Jack saved a world, but then the inhabitants didn't want their 'saviours' to leave, as they must stay to protect them. The race have a rule saying they can't force anyone to stay so as SG-1 were about to leave Jenna introduces them to a little girl and tells Sam and Jack that she's their child.

"She can't be ours" Jack told Jenna "How old is she 7 or 8, me and Sam haven't known each other that long and if I remember my biology correctly it's impossible 'cos me and Sam have never...you know, done it"

"And I'm sure I would remember giving birth." Sam chimed in; the girl went up to Sam and asked to be picked up. Sam did so.

"But she is yours" Jenna stated.

"Didn't I just say 'she can't be' did you not hear me, she can't be ours" Jack indicated to himself and Sam.

"Actually, it is possible" Jod'rell told them

"How?" asked Daniel as Jack took the child from Sam and gives her back to Jenna while telling Sam not to get attached 'cos they're still leaving.

"Well it's simple genetics, we have their both DNA samples, since we had to treat both of them, then it's a case of using it to make a child then using age acceleration we were able to..."

"So that was your plan," Jack interrupted "make a child from mine and Sam's DNA so we won't leave"

Jod'rell and Jenna looked smug they know their plan had worked

"Well we're still leaving"

"Sir, if she is our daughter we can't leave her here" Sam told him

"I know that's why she's coming back, Janet can run some blood test and we'll take it from there, Daniel dial us out" Jack said taking the child from Jenna. The 'gate opens and as they approach it, the child starts to cry, "I don't wanna go, No don't make me go" she sounded terrified.

"Colonel?" Jod'rell said and Jack turned to face him "You know the rules you can't force anyone to leave against their will."

Jack looked at Sam and said "change of plan, we're staying, but only until we can prove that she's not ours. Sam take her blood; Daniel, Teal'c I want you to take it to Janet and then come back as soon as you've got the results"

"We can run the relevant test here to prove she is yours"

"Thanks, but we're hardly likely to believe someone like you" Jack said to Jod'rell and Jenna.

"Well come back to the medical base, you can run the tests yourself" Jenna said

"Again I'd prefer Janet's professional opinion."

"You can still come to the base"

"No, we'll be fine" Jack told them.

"Sir, It would be safer at the base and I'll be able to take the blood sample there"

"OK, thanks for your offer we accept" Jack told Jenna through gritted teeth.

Once they got to the medical base the child is sat on a table and Sam was about to take her blood. Daniel was with Jack, Jack was shouting the odds about what Jod'rell and Jenna did being immoral. Teal'c was in the room with Sam. "Right I'm going to take a sample of your blood, it won't hurt a bit" Sam told her as she rolled up the girl's sleeve, Sam took a sample of blood and gave it to Teal'c for him and Daniel to take it to Earth. "Now that didn't hurt did it?" Sam told her

"No."

There was an awkward silence

"Are you my mummy?" she asked, "Jenna said you are"

"We're going to find that out now." Sam replied, "What's you name?" Sam realised she hadn't been told.

"I don't have one."

"Well we'll have to think of one, how about...Rachel"

"Rachel?"

"Yeah, it's an Earth name"

"OK, Rachel. What's your name?"

"I'm Sam Carter"

"So does that make me Rachel Carter?"

"Yeah, I suppose..." Sam's motherly instincts temporarily took over but she regained control "No we're not sure what you last name is"

"Sam do you think that was a good idea?" Jack said as he entered the room

"What?"

"Naming her, what if she's not ours"

"She is Jack"

"How do you know?"

"Look at her, she has your eyes, my hair..."

"So they found a look-alike"

"No, Jack is more than that, it's probably a Mum thing but I know"

"Sam, your not her Mum."

"Just look, I mean really look, she can't be anyone else's"

"Is that my Daddy?" Rachel asked Sam

"Maybe" Sam answered.

"Hi, I'm Rachel." Rachel said to Jack. Jack couldn't help but smile

"Hi, I'm Jack" he replied.

"Wanna play?" she asked dragging the box of toys in the corner into the middle of the floor. Jack knew he had to say 'No', as regs said 'Don't get emotionally involved' but before he could say 'No' the words had already left his lips

"Yeah, sure"

The three of them played with the toys on the floor and they really looked like a real family. They had been playing for about 10 minutes and Jack knew what Sam meant, she was theirs, she had to be and Jack was going to make sure she had a good life on Earth. He wasn't going to let this opportunity slip through his hands like with Charlie, it wasn't everyday you go a second chance.

A couple of hours later Jack finally asked after about spending two hours together as a family "Why didn't you want to come through the gate with us?"

"The blue, puddle thing?"

"Yeah, the blue puddle thing." Jack smiled at her description of the stargate, as did Sam.

"It's wrong." she said with fear in her eyes.

"Why, what's wrong with it?" said Sam

"It's where all the monsters take you."

"Monsters? The Jaffa?" Jack asked

"No, big scary monster that get you at night"

"There aren't any monsters through there." Jack said reassuring her. She looked at Sam

"He's right, there's no monsters." she said adding a smile at the end.

"There is." She insisted.

"We go through the 'puddle' all the time, there's no monsters." said Sam

"There are some scary things sometimes, but not where we were taking you." Jack told her "We were taking you to our planet, Earth"

"Earth is a good place." Sam told her

"No monsters?"

"No, no monsters" Sam continued to reassure her.

"But Jenna said..."

"Jenna lied" Jack interrupted her.

"Why?"

Jack looked at Sam.

"To stop us from taking you home" Jack answered as he got up to find Jenna to give her a piece of his mind.

"Jack." Sam called after him; he stopped to see what she wanted. "We can go now."

"What?"

"We couldn't leave before 'cos we couldn't leave Rachel, but Rachel'll come now, we can leave" Jack goes back into the room

"Do you want to come with us?"

"To Earth?"

"Yeah, it really is a great place"

"I can't, Jenna said"

"Jenna doesn't matter, do you *want* to come?" asked Sam

"I want to stay with you two"

"Well, come on then" Jack said as he grabbed their stuff and led the way.

They got to the stargate; Sam started to enter Earths address

"You can't take her!" Jenna shouts at them, she was standing behind them with Jod'rell

"Why? She wants to go?"

Jenna looks at Rachel "Is this right?" Rachel nods.

Jack jumped in "Yeah, and believe me if she's ours or not, she not coming back, she deserves a better life than all your lies and deceits"

The stargate opens, Sam send the GDO signal through Jack rejoined Sam and Rachel. Sam held her hand and Jack held the other as they headed for the 'puddle'. They were just a couple of centimetre from the event horizon, Rachel looked at Jack, Jack said "You'll be OK, I promise" she looked at Sam, Sam smiles reassuringly and they walk through.

On the planet Jenna and Jod'rell are still there. "Why'd you let them leave?" Jenna shouted at him.

"Well I could hardly stop them could I?"

"You idiot!" Jenna yells at him and starts to walk off

"They'll be back." He told her.

"Oh yeah and how can you be so confident?"

"I made a few alterations to your plan, she can't survive on any other planet but this one"

"But if she dies and it's traced back to us we'll be the ones that are blamed."

"She won't die."

To Be Continued

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Sara B