Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Saviours 1

by Sara B
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Saviours

Saviours

by Sara B

TITLE: Saviours
AUTHOR: Sara B
EMAIL: sara.bell2@ntlworld.com
CATEGORY: Series, Action/Adventure
PAIRING: none
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: any
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: character death
SUMMARY: Sam and Save a planet from the goa'uld and the planet's people won't let Sam and Jack leave after they've saved them.
STATUS: Unfinished
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Please Read this, Email me if you like it and I'll start work on the second part. Hope you like it. I'd like to Say hi to my gater friend s so 'hi'

SG-1 are on a planet with a very small population of about 2,000 in the one and only city and 1,000 living just out the city. Medically this planet is advanced and there's almost nothing that can't be cured, but this planets inhabitants are now starting to die out as the Goa'uld have become aware of their presence and since the population refuse to become hosts and give up their medical knowledge to them they are attacked about twice a month. Although this planet is advance within the field of medicine it's defenceless against the Goa'uld. The population of this planet hate violence and death so they advanced in medicine to prevent death and all weapons that ever existed were destroyed decades ago, now they have no knowledge on how to make any weapons and are fighting the Goa'uld using what primitive weapons they've been able to produce like spears, bows and arrows. SG-1 were welcomed into the city as they brought knowledge of weapons to defend themselves. SG-1 have agreed exchange military knowledge for medical knowledge, Daniel and Teal'c have been sent back to Earth to discuss this proposal. Jack and Sam are being given the tour of the hidden underground medical facilities, a man named Jod'rell is giving them the tour.

"What's this?" Jack asked looking at device about the same shape and size as a TV remote control.

"That," the man takes the device off Jack "destroys all mutated cell in the body"

"I knew that." Jack replied

"Like cancer" Sam enquired

"Yes."

"Wow, we've been trying to cure cancer for years. How does it work?"

"Well, once you've been diagnosed..." Jod'rell was interrupted buy and alarm going off.

"What's that for?!" Jack shout over the noise.

"We're under attack." he replied, "I've got to see to injured as they come in" he said as he left the room.

"Come on Carter" Jack orders, they both make it to the surface door; a man runs in, Jack grabs him. "How many?"

"Three/four dozen, on foot" Jack lets him go and turns to Sam

"You set up the explosives just in case right?"

"Yeah, on the perimeter of the city centre"

"Good" the both exit the medical facility, they head for the edge of the city centre they come across three Jaffa, they shoot the two closest then the third. They grab the staff weapons off the Jaffa and give them to the locals "Use them to defend yourself" Jack tells him. They continue to the edge of the city, most of the Jaffa are there. Sam and Jack duck for cover behind a wall, Sam pulls the remote to set the explosives off out of her bag, she sets it but nothing happens, she tries again but still nothing. "Sir, it's not working, we'll have to set it off manually" Jack looks in her eyes searching for another answer, if it was set off manually you could be caught in the blast and easily killed he could tell there was no other way. "Right, we make a run for it then, who ever gets there first sets it off"

Sam understood. They both get up, jump over the wall and head for them controls on the explosives they're half way there and Sam disappears from Jack's peripheral vision, he turn at see her behind him, the next thing he saw was a blast from a staff weapon hit her in the chest. Jack stops and turns back to her "Sam!" he gets to her and pulls her and himself out of the firing line. "Sam, are you OK?"

"I'll be fine, the explosives" Jack could tell from looking at her that she wouldn't be fine, she was hit exactly where the heart is except it was on the right hand side instead of the left. "Sam, I'm not leaving"

"Jack, you got to go; think of the lives at stake"

"I am, yours"

"Jack, go please" she said.

Jack snapped back into military mode, he had to save as many people as possible and deal with his 2IC's injuries and possible death later. Jack headed for the explosives; he gets there and sets it to detonate then ran as fast as he could in the opposing direction. It went off, most of the Jaffa were taken out, those that weren't retreated through the 'gate. Jack was still in close proximity to the explosives when it went off and was caught in the blast, the force lifted him up off the ground and threw him about a metre, he was badly injured and died upon impact with the ground.

Daniel and Teal'c return with good new, Earth has agreed to exchange military knowledge. When they arrive a woman is waiting for them and it was obvious from the mess that they had been attacked. "Jenna, what happened here?" Daniel asked looking around.

"We were attacked, your friends help defend us and probably saved our city."

"Where are Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter?" Teal'c asked

"They are in the medical facility" she replied

"How are they?" he asked hoping they were still just looking around and not injured.

"We can't thank you enough, you're our saviours" Jod'rell told Sam and Jack.

"Well, I wouldn't say 'saviours'" Sam replied modestly.

"Not like I'm complaining but how come we're both still alive, I saw Sam there's no way she could've survived and I'm pretty sure I should've died out there too?" Jack asked

"Sir, they are more advanced than us, they could've easily saved us" Sam told Jack.

"So there's the saviours, we've heard all about your heroics" Daniel said as he entered the room.

"Daniel, stop it you know we were only doing our jobs and we're being treated like gods or something since the attack and I for one am sick off it"

"What's so bad about it?"

"We're never left alone, and it was no big deal all we did was set off some explosives and we didn't do a great job of that or I wouldn't be in this thing" Jack was referring to he's wheelchair, it was a great chair and Jack would've played with it all day if he didn't actually need it. The chair was great because it followed every order you gave it but it's no fun when you can't walk.

"It is a big deal when it's the first time you've won a battle and from what I've heard you'll be able to walk by tomorrow"

"Yes, we are very sorry we couldn't fix your legs they were badly damaged in the explosion" Jod'rell explained

Jack was a bit shock by this, he'd died; they saved him and they were apologising 'cos they couldn't fix it so that he was back to perfect health in half an hour.

"No you did a great job and as Daniel said I'll be up tomorrow and we can go home."

"Home?" Jod'rell and Jenna said sounding alarmed.

"Yeah, it's OK we'll send another team to help you defend yourself until we can arrange a time to exchange the knowledge"

"Youcan't go home,youmust be the ones to protect us," he told Sam and Jack "we can't let you leave"

"I said we'll send another team when we get back"

"No. It must be you two that protect us you are our saviours not anyone else"

"Well I'm sorry, we're leaving." Jack looks at his team and adds "Now."

"No." Jod'rell stood in front of the doorway. Jack tried to stand up and immediately regretted it "ARRGH! Teal'c get me out of here" Teal'c got behind Jack wheelchair and pushed him towards the door. "Are you gonna move are I am going to run you over."

"Jack, I don't want to seem like I'm taking their side but shouldn't we wait until you can walk before leaving, if anything goes wrong Janet might not be able to get you walking again.

"Sam do you think they'll let us leave tomorrow, there'll be a guard on every door. Teal'c" he told Teal'c to continue even though Jod'rell was still in front of the doorway.

"We won't prevent you from leaving, it's against our rules, you can only stay if you consent to it, it the same for staying, we cannot force you to stay just like we cannot force to leave."

"Right well you'll get out for my way then won't you?"

Jod'rell steps a side but follows the group "Please stay tonight, tomorrow once your well you can leave if you still wish to do so"

Sam looks at her CO "I think it would be best, to make sure the treatment you're on works" Jack gave in he could argue with Sam's logic.

"OK, but Daniel I want a message sent to Hammond telling him that we'll be coming back tomorrow and if we don't come back to send a team through from us."

Daniel understood and headed back to the surface to send a message to Hammond.

Jenna entered a room and is careful to see no one follows and locks the door behind her. "It's about time, well have you got a plan?"

"Yes, it's a bit risky but they'll never leave if this works"

"Well?"

"Do you still insist on leaving?" asked Jod'rell

"We sure do." replied Jack who's now up and about walking, his leg have never been better even his knees aren't playing him up. SG-1 have just approach the stargate and Jenna comes up to them carrying a girl of about 7, she has shoulder length blonde hair and brown eyes. "I'm glad I caught up with you before you left," Jenna told them "there's someone I want you to meet." Jenna puts the child down "Colonel O'Neill, Major Carter, this is your daughter" the girl smiles at them her smile was identical to Sam's.

To Be Continued.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Sara B