Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Perfect Life, The

by Sara B
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Perfect Life

The Perfect Life

by Sara B

TITLE: The Perfect Life
AUTHOR: Sara B
EMAIL: sara.bell2@ntlworld.com
CATEGORY: Action/Adventure
PAIRING: Jack/Sara
SPOILERS: the film, Cold lazarous, Forever in a day, Point of view, Window of opportunity, fire and water and TBFTGOG
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: SG-1 are trapped in a dream state
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Please Please Feedback. Please!

The Stargate opens on a green planet, covered with grass and plant life; there are ruins of an old temple around the gate and no animal life to be seen. Through the gate steps three people, a family, two adults and one child. They are a family of explorers the Stargate disengages behind them. "Lara, stay close" the father told the child, as they surveyed the land around the area of the Stargate. They're only a few metres from the Stargate when there's a flash of a brilliant white light. When the light fades the three people are lying on the floor, seemingly dead.

SG-1 are ready to move out, Daniel entered the gate room as the fifth symbol encodes. "Sorry I'm late" he apologised "I was brushing up on my ancient Greek history"

"Chevron six encoded" came the airman voice over the speakers

"Isn't that the when the temple on that planet was build?" asked Sam

"Yeah, as far as I can tell it's has some type of warning on it, but I'll know more when we get there" he replied.

"Chevron seven locked" The airman said as the Stargate bursts open.

"Are you sure it's safe to go?" asked Sam

"Yeah, don't see why not." he answered

"Come on you two, we've go work to do" Jack told them.

The four walk up the ramp and step through the Stargate, they emerge on the other side. They survey the land around the Stargate. Daniel stumbles across some skeletons of three people obscured by the knee-high grass, one of the skeletons was distinctively younger that the other two. "Hey, there's..." Daniel starts, but before he can finish there's a flash of brilliant white light.

Opening credits for Stargate SG-1

Jack woke up, he could smell someone making breakfast, and hear people in his house. He could've sworn he was off world yesterday night but he just shrugged it off as a dream and being over worked. He got out of bed, grabbed his dressing gown and went to investigate. He went down stairs, entered the living room it was covered in toys and games, then a little girl of about 4 years runs up to him, "Daddy!" she said. Jack automatically picked her up. "Do you like my picture?" she asked holding up a piece of paper

"Yeah, it's great." He replied slightly confused.

"It's you, me, mummy and Charlie." she said pointing at the stick people drawn on the paper. Jack puts her down and looks at the picture, there were two big people and two smaller, in the corner of the picture was badly written phrase 'by Elizabeth O'Neill'.

"Oh you're up" came a voice from the kitchen "I was just about to wake you" Sara emerged from the kitchen with a stack of pancakes and four plates; she took them into the dinning room. "Just shout Charlie will ya"

"...Um...Yeah, sure." replied Jack and he goes to the base of the stairs "Charlie! Breakfast!" Charlie comes running down stairs.

"Charlie you sound like a herd of elephants" Sara told him off. Jack's vision was just transfixed on Charlie; there was no doubting it, it was his son all right, older than when Jack last saw him, but he was his son. "Dad, are you OK?" Charlie asked him.

"Um...No, not really"

"What's wrong?" Sara asked

"This can't be real," he says to himself

"What? What can't be real?" she asked

"This."

"What do you mean 'this'?"

"This isn't my life."

"Jack I don't know what you're talking about"

"I mean, this isn't real, it can't be"

Sara just looks at him mystified

"You. You're not my wife. We divorced. Charlie. Charlie's...Charlie's dead. And Elizabeth. She doesn't exist, she never has"

"Jack, maybe we should get a doctor out, your obviously delusional."

"No, I'm fine"

"Jack, you just said we're not married and that Charlie's dead when he clearly isn't"

"I told you I'm fine"

"You sure?"

"Yeah" he replied, "I'm going to get ready for work"

"Work?"

"Yeah, you know the SGC"

"Jack you're retired, I work."

"...Oh...Yeah. I think I'll go back to bed, I'm not feeling that well after all."

Sara takes the children to school, comes back and goes up to see if Jack's OK now. She entered the room to see Jack fully dressed and just staring at the family pictures on the bedside table. "Jack, what was that?"

"What?"

"Charlie's dead, Elizabeth doesn't exist, do you know how upset they were?"

"I'm sorry, but it's true"

"Jack." Sara was hurt.

"Sara, I guess I'm the only one that remembers"

"Remembers what"

"About six years ago, in '94 Charlie died, I know you don't believe me, but he did, he shot himself...with my gun, you and I broke up. Now I've finally got a new life, job, friends and I'm finally able to live with myself knowing Charlie's dead then, I don't know something happened and I'm here, Charlie's not dead, we're together, I haven't got a job and...I've got a daughter as well"

"Jack your ill, you must be that never happened"

"But it did and I need to get back to my old life before I get too attached to this one to leave"

"Jack, please let me get the doctor go"

"..."

"Please"

"OK, but I want to see Dr. Janet Fraiser"

"Dr Fraiser?"

"Yes. Please Sara, if I'm right she'll know, she's treated me often enough"

"OK"

"Daniel" Daniel hear the voice but couldn't believe it was hers. "Daniel" Daniel opens his eyes, it was hers

"Sha're" he replied with a smile. She returns the smile.

"Daniel, they'll be here soon, shouldn't we go meet them?"

"Them?"

"Your parents, they're visiting"

"But..." Daniel was going to point out that his parents are dead but he was talking to his dead wife, so what use would that do. "I'm on my way" he replied, this had to be a dream of some sort, and he was going to enjoy it while it lasted. He and Sha're walked down to the Stargate and waited in the temple; it wasn't long before a MALP probe was sent through. Then his parents where next to appear, they where older but Daniel knew it was them from the way they looked at him. "Whoa, that was..." Daniel's dad, Jake was lost for words as he looks back at the wormhole as it disengaged.

"Wow, that was and this is amazing" he's mum said as she saw she was on another world. Daniel smiles, his parents and Sha're what could be better.

"I know you'll love this place, it's ancient Egypt all over again." he informed them.

"And this is Sha're I take it" Jake said to his son

"Yes, Sha're, my parents, Jake and Claire Jackson. Mum, Dad, Sha're, my wife."

"Nice to meet you, Daniel's always talking about you in his letters" Said Claire, Sha're smiled.

"He also tells me of you and Earth" she replied

"So where is he?" asked Claire

"Who?" asked Daniel.

"Little Stephen"

"Stephen?"

"Our son." Replied Sha're. "Skaara is looking after him" Sha're answered the question. Son thought Daniel this has to be the best dream he'd ever had.

"Skaara, you brother right?" Claire said striking up a conversation with Sha're as the head back home.

"Daniel?"

"Yeah" Daniel asked his Dad.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe your theories, when you first mentioned alien races."

"It's OK, you're here now that's what counts"

"Incoming traveller" said the airman "It's SG-1, sir"

"Open the iris." said Hammond

"Sir" Sam's voice came over the radio, "get a medical team on stand by, Daniel, Teal'c and Jack are in some type of coma, I'll need you to send another team through, I can't carry them all through alone"

"OK Major, I'll send SG-2 now"

"Thanks, Sir"

"The false gods are no more!" A man told a group of people

"Yeah!" shouts the crowd.

Bra'tac is in his house looking out the window, it's hard to believe we're finally free of the false gods. "I know." replied Drey'auc "It means I have you back for good" she said looking Teal'c in the eyes.

"It is indeed a day for great celebration"

"Zap! Zap! You're dead" Rya'c is running around pretending to fight the false gods "Dad tell me again how Apophis died." Rya'c asked his Dad.

SG-2 it to the planet but just after they arrived there was a flash of light and they were all unconscious on the floor as were SG-1. Sam dialled Earth back up and send Hammond a radio message "Sir, we've got a problem"

"What is it Major?"

"SG-2 are also in comas"

"Is there any explanation for this?"

"None sir, but I think I'm the only not effect by what ever it is"

"Right Major I'm sorry I'm going to have to ask you but if you're the only one who's OK I'm going to have to ask you to bring each member of the teams back individually."

"Understood. I'll start with SG-1 as they've been here the longest"

Sam knew dragging each through would be exhausting, and heavy, why did Teal'c have to be out for the count as well he'll be the hardest to bring back as he's the biggest of them all Sam thought. Sam decides to bring Teal'c back first to get him out of the way.

"Teal'c are you OK?" Drey'auc asked him

"Fine" he replied, he was actually wondering how he got here and where was SG-1 and how come no one remembers them.

"I thought you might be a bit happier with the false gods dead."

"I am, just I wish my friends where here to celebrate with"

"Are you talking about those SG-1 people again?"

"I am"

"I really wish I knew them, they seem to have affected your life greatly"

"That they did"

"Like what"

"They taught me the customs of ..." a bright light shone in his eyes, he close them but it didn't do any good.

"Teal'c?"

"Well he's responding..."Teal'c could faintly hear someone speaking

Teal'c is back on Earth, he's in the infirmary Janet opened his eyes and shone a light in them "Well, he's responding. It's like he's a sleep" she looked up and turned to discuss this with Hammond.

"But he's not waking up" said Hammond

"I know I'm hoping if Sam can tell us what caused this or we can figure out why she's not effected it will answer our questions.

"Doctor Fraiser, he's waking." said a nurse Janet turned around to see Teal'c just waiting up.

"Hi there" she smiled

"Doctor Fraiser, General Hammond." he replied.

"Teal'c can you tell me the last thing you remember?" asked Hammond, who's urgent for this to be resolve.

"General, I don't think he should ask any questions until I've check him out completely." Janet advised.

"Understood."

The medical teams comes through with Daniel on a bed, he is much like Jack as they are both seem to be in a coma but their bodies still reacting to the outside world.

"He's fine" Janet told to Sara

"But what about what he keeps saying about Charlie, Lizzy and our marriage"

"Well I'm not a psychologist but I'd say he's having a breakdown of some sort."

"He said he knew you?"

"Sorry, I've never met him before"

"Hey, I'm in the room you know" interrupted Jack "And I'm not mad, I've obviously been transported to some sort of alternate reality, where Charlie didn't die therefore, we didn't get divorced, we had another child and I retired, having never joined the S... that's it that's what happened, I'm in a type of alternate reality"

Sara looked a Janet, Janet shakes her head "I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do expect refer him to a psychologist."

"I've told you I've not cracked, well not yet but if thing don't change I'll go mad from tell you I'm not from this reality"

Sara saw Janet out and returned to Jack

"Alternate realities?" Sara asked

"Yeah they're worlds that are the same as ours but different"

"The same but different?"

"Sam can explains it better than me"

"And is Sam here now?"

"No, I'm not seeing people, Sam is my 2IC on SG-1"

"SG-1?"

"I've told you there..."

"I know, your team that travel through space by a 'Stargate'"

"Yes!"

"But no one but you remembers any of this"

"That's right" he said then added in a mutter "Why couldn't I be in a reality where I'm married to Sam, she'd believe me"

"What did you say?"

"Nothing, you wouldn't believe me anyway"

"Yeah you did something about Sam being married to you and her believing you"

"Well she would believe me"

"What makes you say that?"

"She works on the Stargate project in nearly all the realities, she's been to them and plus she's a scientist"

"OK, so if you do came from another reality, your saying you married a scientist "

"No, in most realities we're married but not in mine, we're just friends and co-workers"

"You still hate scientist"

"Well Sam's different, she's an officer as well and she's not like other scientists. Look do you think I'd be trying to convince you of this if there was any doubt in my mind that I belonged here."

Sara knew that answer was 'No' but she didn't want to be sucked into his delusions "Jack, it's not possible"

"It is, Einstein theorised it and he's never wrong"

"Einstein?"

"Yeah the scientist guy..."

"I know who Einstein is but I didn't think you knew his theories"

"Yeah, well that what working with scientist'll do to you."

"Scientists, plural now"

"Yeah, Sam and Daniel are both scientists"

"Daniel is the one that opened the gate right?"

"Yeah."

"Let's say for the minute that I believe you what would you do?"

"I'd find Sam I'm sure she could help."

"OK if you can prove to me your not my Jack, with something you can back up I might help you find this Sam"

Jack thought for a while, then his eyes fall on a book they had and it had a Latin passage that Jack never understood but Sara did. "I know, your Jack can't speak or read Latin can he"

"No." she answered curiously

"I can." Jack gets up and pulls the book off the shelf opens it to the passage in the front and read the passage out.

"Where'd you learn that?"

"Daniel taught me when...no that's another long story you won't believe"

"You're really not my Jack are?" Sara saw in his eyes he was really telling the truth and that he wasn't he mad.

"That's what I've been trying to tell you"

"Right if you promise that you'll act normal when the kids get home, I'll help you find this Sam woman if only to but an end to this alternate reality rubbish"

"Great, let's go"

At the SGC, Sam has finished hauling SG-1 and SG-2 back to Earth, since returning she'd been given an hour off to relax and have a shower after all that hard work, but Sam being Sam she had to work on what cause SG-1&2 to fall asleep like they did. Sam started with why didn't it affect her, she came up with 2 reasons 1. She's the only female that went to that planet. 2. It had something to do with Jolinar and her being a host, which would link in with the fact that Teal'c is the only one that woke up after returning. Then Sam remembered that warning Daniel mentioned. So Sam spent the best part of the hour translating the ancient Greek writings, to something understandable. "Major Carter?" Sam looked up

"What is it Teal'c?"

"Hammond wants to see us regarding SG1&2"

"Right, let me print this off first" she said as she hit print on the computer.

Sam and Teal'c enter Hammond's office Janet is already there. "Well, any change?" Sam asked with anxiety in her voice.

"Sorry, the good news is they haven't gotten worse but I know that's not much in consolation"

"You're doing your best" Sam said forcing a smile to reassure Janet. Sam turned to Hammond "Sir I think I have something."

"What is it?" Hammond seemed very interested.

"We I've been trying to decipher the ruins on the planet, it's really Daniel's area of expertise, but I think I've got something, you see her" Sam points to some writing on the ruins "I says that the gods built this as a gift that it will be transport you into a dream state where they will live out their perfect life."

"So they'll wake after they've lived it out."

"Well that's the problem a warning was added, that says everyone got stuck in these dream worlds and died before they awoke."

"But Teal'c awoke."

"That could have something to do with his Goa'uld and that would explain why I wasn't affected."

"No, that can't be the Goa'uld was unaffected be the whole experience and what I'm reading from the guys it's in an area of the brain neither we nor the Goa'uld have control over." Janet added

"Major Carter is correct about the perfect life, when asleep I has on Chulak where the false gods were dead and had no control, but no one there knew about any of you and my family had never left Chulak"

"Yes, that's it you perfect life would be with your family on your planet with no false gods, so that's what you dreamt" Sam exclaimed

"What about Sam that does explain why she was effected?" Hammond enquires.

"Yes it does, my perfect life is travelling to other planets, it has been since I was little and I've attained that goal, I'm living my perfect life so why should dreaming my perfect life when I have it"

"How do we wake the other though?" asked Janet

"I don't know, if we knew why Teal'c woke up we might be able to wake the others," replied Sam and she turned to look at Teal'c "Teal'c, was there anything significant about the time you woke up?"

"Not that I'm aware of."

"What happened before you woke up?"

"I was speaking to Drey'auc about SG-1 when I heard Janet talking and I was back here."

"Right, get working on a way to wake everyone up" ordered Hammond

"Yes, sir" replied Sam and Janet

"He has you eyes." said Claire to her son. Daniel just smiles in return, put his arms around Sha're's waist. "Hello, I'm you grandma, yes, I am, yes I am" said Claire in a babyish voice to her grandson Stephen. Skaara looked at Daniel puzzled by the voice Claire was using to talk to Stephen with, "It's an Earth thing"

"Daniel have you spoken to the people here, they're speaking Egyptian." said Jake as he enter Daniel and Sha're's home.

"Yeah, I know before I came they couldn't speak any English"

"Right, I forget you live here in...in what is in essence Ancient Egypt"

"Daniel" Sha're pulls away from him "I need to check tea"

"OK" he lets her go. "Dad," Daniel looks up at his Dad unable to believe he his her with everyone he knows and loves. "This is you grandson, Stephen" Daniel introduces, his browned eyed, brown hair son, who he being held by Claire. "He's just like you Daniel" Claire said looking up from Stephen to Daniel. Sha're comes back "It's nearly ready" she announces "Skaara could you see if father able to make it" Skaara obediently leaves to find Kusaf. Stephen started to cry, "He'll want his nap." said Sha're. "Give him here" said Daniel taking Stephen back Daniel disappeared in another room to but he to bed. When he reappeared Kusaf was there and they were about to sit down for Daniel. "How is my Grandson?"

"He is well good father. Have you been introduced?"

"Yes." They all sat down for lunch, this has to be Daniel's best dream yet, but he's beginning to get concerned about how real it all seems and the length of the dream normally it's over way too soon, but it's not like he's complaining.

"Any luck?" Janet asks Sam as she enters the infirmary.

"Nope, why couldn't the Greeks speak English, it would make thing ten times easier. They're the same I take it."

"Yep, no change heart rate, BP, everything normal, I know it's to do with the brain chemistry but we don't know enough to do with it, especially with this area of the brain" Janet sounded frustrated.

"Major Carter I think I've found something when translating." said Teal'c entering the infirmary.

"What?" Sam said, Janet looked up from her notes

"If they can be convinced that life here is more important that life there they'll come back."

"But how will you do that?" asked Janet

"The Tok'ra, if we alter the memory recall device we'll might be able to see where they are, then somehow we need to get a message to them." suggested Sam

"Would you link two people to the same device?" asked Janet

"May be but why?"

"I was wondering would you be able to share memories, thoughts"

Sam headed to the computer in the room calls up all the information on memory recall devices she could then she starts scribbling down sums and ideas. "Teal'c get a message sent to the Tok'ra tell them it's urgent."

Jack and Sara arrived at Sam's house Jack knocked on the door. Sam answered "Hello?"

"Sam."

"Yeah?"

"It's me, Jack"

"Jack?"

"Jack O'Neill, I need to talk to you about the Stargate project"

Jack could tell from her face she know what he was talking about

"I don't know what you mean?"

"Look I'm Colonel Jack O'Neill, I know about the project and I know you do to."

"Colonel?"

"Yeah as in the air force, who run the project. Look I'll prove it...emm... Abydos was the first world the gate was opened to. Daniel Jackson opened the gate in 1994, Kawalsky and Ferretti were on the team that when through"

"You better come in" She said opening the door wider to let them in.

"Told you." Jack said to Sara, who just looks at him.

"So, Colonel, what are you here for?"

"It's about alternate realities"

"What about them?" she asked helpfully.

"I think that somehow, me and another Jack O'Neill have swapped realities and since you're the only person with the most knowledge of the realities that I know I thought you could help"

"We know each other?"

"Yeah, you're my 2IC on SG-1, but in this reality I seemed to have retired."

"And you are?" Sam asked Sara

"His wife, well if he's right then ex-wife" Sara couldn't believe she was going along with Jack's insane story. "Is he right?"

"I don't know, how'd you get here, 'cos the only way I know is by quantum mirror but that's destroyed"

"I don't know, I was off world on a standard recon when there was a flash and I was here"

"Recon? SG-1 are a scientific team we don't go on reconnaissance missions we only go off world when there's something of scientific value to study and that's when the recon teams have deemed it safe."

"Not where I come from"

"But that's not..."

"Possible, believe me it is I've seen a alternate reality were I'm dead and you're my morning wife. Daniel's seen a world where we're engaged, in almost all of them we're both working at the SGC and know each other and we're usually at least dating."

"Dating you and me but you said I'm your 2IC it's against regs?"

"We're not dating in my reality" Jack said with slight disappointment in his voice.

"You want to date her?" Sara said with a hint of jealously in her voice.

"No. Yes. Maybe, but I wouldn't if this was my reality" He looks her in the eyes "When Charlie died it tore us apart, I've just gotten just to the idea of being with someone other that you, if I was here I wouldn't have to think about that"

Sara could see in his eye he meant it and how hard it was of him to get over everything then to see her, Charlie and the perfect family and know that he can't get attached to it as he might leave at anytime.

"So can you get him back?" Sara asked Sam

"Without a quantum mirror, I don't know how he got here, let alone how to get him back, I'm sorry."

"Come on Sam surely there's something"

"There might be something on the planet, something to do with the flash you mentioned, but if it sent you here we can't risk sending a team through we don't now what it'll do. There's nothing I can do, you'll have to stay here until we can figure something out"

"Which I know, might take years without actually going to the planet" Jack wouldn't normally surrender this easily but Sam couldn't do anything and to be honest he really wanted to stay here with Charlie and Lizzy, going back was just his way of saying he'd tired to do the right thing and get back.

"Are you ready?" asked Anise to Sam, who was linked to the adapted recall device.

"Are I'll ever be."

The recall device was hooked up to Daniel, the device was switch on and Sam was there in Daniel's dream. She seemed to be in Abydos.

"Daniel! Daniel!" She looked for him.

"Sam?" replied Daniel has he appeared out of his house. "What are you doing here?"

"Remember that planet we where on just before you arrived here?"

"Yeah."

"Well something on that planet made you fall into a sleep/coma type of thing and I've been transported here to wake you up, but you'll only wake up when you realise your life on Earth with SG-1 is better that this"

"How can life on Earth be better that this" he said revealing his wife and parents and a tough challenge for Sam. "Daniel life on Earth is real that's how it's better"

"Reality is in the eye of the beholder"

"Reality is not in your fantasies"

"This isn't a fantasies it's too real"

Sam recalls the memory of SG-1 collapsing on the planet and the image of Daniel lying in the infirmary and Daniel sees it. "That's reality."

"It maybe but I don't want to leave this it's paradise and that means I'm stuck"

"But what about me, Teal'c, Janet all your friends here you don't have them"

"I can go to Earth and visit when ever I want."

"And me, I have to stand by and watch you lie there unable to return" The memory of SG-1&2 lying in there appears. "You know Jack's asleep as well"

Daniel looks at Sam

"I know it'll be easier for you to wake him up."

"Sam."

"He's helped you enough. He never gave up on getting you back even when we saw you die in from of us"

Daniel remembered how much SG-1 and his life on Earth means to him enough though Sha're and his parents aren't there and for one moment he thought he could her General Hammond's voice.

"There! You were nearly there" Sam pulled the memories of SG-1 up and how they all need each other to be a team.

Both Sam and Daniel open their eyes, Sam looked over to Daniel and smiled. Janet rushed over to Daniel to check his vitals. "How are you?" Hammond asked

"Fine." Replied Sam

"Good" said Daniel. "Where's Jack?" he asked

"Hi."

"Hi." Said Charlie and Lizzy has they enter the house

"Remember, don't mention the alternate reality thing" Sara told him

"I know" he replied "What was school today" he said

"Great!" Lizzy exclaimed.

"Charlie?"

"OK" he answered, "Wanna play hockey?" he asked

Jack smiled "Sure" Jack has always wanted Charlie to ask that.

"Be in for tea, OK." Sara told them

"Can I come too?" asked Lizzy

"Yeah, I don't see why not."

(About 10 minutes later)

Charlie is in goal, Jack is behind Lizzy and they have how of the same hockey stick

"And Lizzy O'Neill makes it up the right hand side, dodges to the left, approaches the goal, lines it up and..." Charlie lets the puck go in "GOAL!!!...The crowd goes wild...Yeah! Lizzy best female hockey player of the world" Jack commentates.

"Yeah!" shouts Lizzy.

"Having fun?" asked Daniel who's been watching them play. Jack turned around

"Daniel? You remember me?"

"Yeah"

"Who's that?" asked Charlie

"Charlie, Lizzy, this is Daniel Jackson, a friend of mine. Daniel, my children Charlie and Elizabeth O'Neill"

"Hi" Lizzy said

"You two go in and get washed up for tea." Jack ordered them Charlie and Lizzy both salute him at his order. Jack smiles and turns back to Daniel still smiling.

"So this is you perfect life, I should've guessed"

"Daniel, What are you on about?"

"Remember the flash of light, well that but you in a sleep where you're living out you perfect life"

"No offence but why are you here?"

"We've been linked, using the Tok'ra memory recall device so that I can come into your dream and well convince you that your life on Earth is better that this" he said looking around at Jack's world.

"So you're here to take me back?"

"Basically."

"Well I'll go to tell Sara and we can go" They head off to Jack's house

"It's not that simple, you have to want to go back"

"I do"

"Then why aren't you back already? Teal'c came back on his own, Sam was unaffected."

"I don't know" he replied

"I do" Jack stopped and turned to face Daniel "You don't want to come back, not really you want to keep this life" That struck a cord within Jack, it's true he didn't want to go back. "Do you know what it's like to have a daughter you know you might've had if you wasn't so stupid and left your gun..." his voice trailed off

"Yes. Well son actually, Stephen Jackson..."

An image of Stephen, Sha're and his parents interrupted him. "Sorry, it's the recall device" he explained.

"You left that?"

They reached Jack's house entered

"Yeah, Sam talked me out"

"Sara, I'm back." Sara came to greet them

"The kids said you had met a friend"

"Sara, Daniel Jackson." He introduced Daniel.

"Your form the other reality as well?" She guessed

"Other reality?" Daniel echoed

"I thought I was in an alternate reality, one where Charlie isn't...you know"

"Right, then yes, I guess I am" Daniel turned to Jack "Jack, you have start thing about SG-1"

"Why?"

"To get you back, it was they only thing that brought my back"

"What do I think about, exactly?"

Images of SG-1 flashed up, the first mission, Argos, Edora.Jack, come you just wake up.He heard Sam's voice the world around him disappeared.

Sam has a smile spread across her face

"Welcome back Colonel" Hammond said

"Thanks."

Over the duration of that day all SG-2 woke up and by the end of the day they were all exhausted and ready of go home. Daniel entered the changing rooms, Jack is sat down looking at the pictures of Charlie and Sara that he kept in a box in his locker."

"You OK?"

"Yeah just thinking"

"What's this?" Daniel said picking up a piece of paper off the floor, he unfolded it, it was a picture of four stick people with by Elizabeth O'Neill written in the corner. Jack looked at smiled and added it to his box of pictures and memories.

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Sara B
--0-1750950957-981854702=:1068-