Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Crossing Paths- Chapter 3: Urgent Phone Call

by Sparky01
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Crossing Paths- Chapter 3

by Sparky01

Jack was awaked early the next day by a ringing phone. He groaned and rolled over, absentmindedly covering his ears with a pillow. The phone kept ringing. Ali got out of bed and walked over to the phone. It was too high on the wall for her to reach, so she pushed a chair under it. She then climbed on top of the chair and answered the phone. "Hello?" she asked in childish voice."Hello? I'm looking for General O'Neill" the voice on the other end replied. "He's still sleeping" Ali answered. "It's important, can you wake him for me?" the voice on the other end asked politely. "I'll try" Ali answered. "Can you wait one moment please?" she asked. "Yes" the voice answered back. Ali set the receiver on the top of the chair and climbed down. She then walked over to her dad and tried to wake him."Dad" she said. "Dad, phone call, wake up" she continued as she began to pull on his arm. "I'm up, I'm up" Jack finally said and sat up. He then walked over to the phone and put the receiver to his ear. "There better be a good reason why your waking me up at four in the morning" Jack grumbled into the phone."Sir, the President is on the phone" the voice answered. "I'll be right there" Jack answered. He hung up the phone and rubbed his face. He looked down at Ali, who was staring up at him. "Can I come?" she asked."Sure pumpkin" Jack said as he scooped Ali into his arms. He then carried her to his office and sat down. He picked up the phone. "Hello?" he asked. "Hey Jack" the voice on the other end said."Hello Sir" Jack answered. "Did I wake you?" Hammond asked. "Not at all sir. What can I do for you?" Jack asked. "We have a problem" Hammond said with complete seriousness. "What kind of problem?" Jack asked."A Gould death glider has landed in the woods in Virginia.' Hammond stated. "Gould?!" Jack asked, now fully awake. "Yes" Hammond confirmed. "Any survivors sir?" Jack asked. "A body was found at the scene, but no symbiote" Hammond replied grimly. "Who else knows about this sir?" Jack asked concerned about national security."The ship was discovered by a Marine from a nearby base. He was told to secure the area. Only a handful of Marines know now." Hammond replied. "I'll assemble a team and we'll get right on it sir" Jack informed him."I knew you would son. Better make it your best people though. If this thing gets loose in the streets it could be a catastrophe" Hammond voiced what Jack was already thinking. "Yes sir" was all Jack said as he hung up the phone and looked down at his daughter. "Problem daddy?" Ali asked."Yes honey, there is. Go get your mother" Jack ordered and Ali ran off to get Sam.