Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Crossing Paths-Chapter 4: The Briefing

by Sparky01
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Crossing Paths- Chapter 4

by Sparky01

Sam, Daniel, Teal'c, Janet, Alexz, Kal, and Jacob were all gathered around the briefing room table. "Any idea why we are here?" asked a yawning Daniel as he poured himself a cup of coffee. "Nope" Janet stated simply as she took the coffee cup from Daniel's hand before he had a chance to take a sip. "Hey!" Daniel exclaimed. Janet smiled as she drank the soothing coffee. "hmm" she murmured. Daniel sighed and poured himself another cup. Jacob smiled at the two as he watched from across the table. He glanced over at Sam, whose head kept falling down, then shooting back up, the falling down again. He tried to stifle a laugh. "You really should get more sleep Sammy" Jacob said. Sam's head shot up once more. "I'm awake, I'm awake!" she exclaimed. Jacob laughed. "I can see that" he said. "Funny" Sam looked at him annoyed. "Alexz and Kal are wide awake" Jacob said as he glanced over at the pair who were quietly discussing a recent mission. "That's because they have symbiote's to help them" Sam countered. "You could too" Jacob pressed."No thanks, I'll pass" Sam said. Just then Jack entered the room. Everyone stopped talking and all eyes fell on him as he sat down. "A Goa'uld death glider has crashed in Virginia" Jack said, getting straight to the point."A Gould?!" Daniel asked."Yes" Jack stated. "When?" asked Sam, who was now awake."Earlier this morning" Jack answered his wife. "Any survivors?" asked Kali. "Geez, don't do that so early in the morning Kali, you about gave me a heart attack" Jack said as the sudden sound of Kali's deep Tok'ra voice had caused him to jump. "Sorry" Kali apologized and lowered her head and raised it back up. "Any survivors sir?" Alexz asked as she regained control." That's better and we're not sure. There was a body found at the scene, but no sign of a snake. Of course we haven't allowed for an autopsy yet, so we can't be certain." Jack answered. "Any witnesses?" asked Daniel."Just some Marines, they've been debriefed by Hammond already." Jack stated. "I take it we are going to investigate?" Sam asked. "Yes. Since SG-1 is on stand down, most of SG-2 are on vacation, and SG-3, 4 and 6 have no missions for the rest of the week, I've decided to send you." Jack announced. "Five teams Jack, don't you think that's a bit much?" Daniel asked. "I'm not sending your teams, only you. Sam, you will be in charge, Teal'c we could use your tracking skills, Daniel, you might be able to figure out who this guy is and why he's here, Alexz, Kal, and Jacob, you know how the Gould operate, and Janet you'll need to check out the body, so you'll be going too." Jack ordered. "Get ready. You leave in twenty minutes. Dismissed" Jack continued. The seven people quickly got ready and gathered their things. They stopped to tell their children good bye and waited by the gate for a car to take them to an awaiting Jet.