Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Crossing Paths- Chapter 2: Crash Landing

by Sparky01
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Crossing Paths- Chapter 2

by Sparky01

Rabb and Mac headed for the Admiral's office. "Come in!" called the Admiral as he heard the knock on his door. Rabb opened the door and he and Mac walked into the room and stood at attention."At ease" the Admiral said, without looking up.The two officers relaxed a bit. The Admiral looked up from his papers at his two officers. He handed them a folder. "A young Marine Lt is being charged with five accounts of murder" the Admiral began."Five?!" Mac asked incredulously. "What is his defense sir?" Rabb asked, ignoring Mac's question. "Apparently the voices in his head made him do it" The Admiral replied. "Voices sir?" Rabb asked."The Lt has been hearing voices for the past couple of months, telling him to kill his team. I guess he finally listened." The Admiral replied sarcastically. "I want you to go investigate what actually happened. I want to know if this man is as crazy as he claims to be. And take Roberts with you, dismissed" the Admiral ordered. "Aye, Aye sir" Rabb said as he and Mac left the room. The incident had happened not too far from JAG headquarters, so it didn't take the trio long to arrive at the base. When they got there they began their routine investigation, starting with questioning the Lt."Lt Sorensen, why did you kill your team?" Rabb asked the twitchy young Lt."They told me to sir" the stuttering Lt replied."The voices?" Mac asked doubtfully. "Yes ma'am. They told me to kill them or else" he continued."Or else what Lt?" Mac asked, getting a bit mad."Or else they would kill me ma'am" the Marine replied. "The voices?" asked Bud, who was taking notes. "No, the others" the Lt answered. "The other Marines?" Rabb asked, trying to get the facts straight. "Yes sir. The voices told me if I didn't kill the other Marines, they would kill me in my sleep" the Lt exclaimed. "Why didn't you tell anyone you were hearing voices Lt?" asked Mac, not believing a word the Lt was saying. "I tried ma'am, but they wouldn't listen" the Lt tried to explain. "Who wouldn't listen?" Rabb asked. "The doctors. They said it was stress and that it would go away, but it didn't. They got louder and louder and louder, until finally I couldn't take it anymore and I did as they said" the Lt almost screamed. "Easy Lt" Rabb tried to clam the man down. "I hear them now. They are telling me I should stop talking to you because you don't believe me" the Lt went on. "Your right, I don't" Mac said a bit annoyed by the Lt's act of insanity."Told you" the Lt countered. "It's not that we don't believe you, it's just you don't have any proof to back up your claims." Rabb answered. "Ask the doctors" the Lt said and after that he refused to say another word. Rabb and Mac gave up and went to talk to the doctor. While they were gone, the Lt managed to escape. The base was immediately alerted and everyone set out to find the killer. They search went well into the night and they decided to start again in the morning, after setting up road blocks. The Lt scrammed further into the woods. His only light was the moon. After a while he got tired and decided to sit down. He climbed atop a rock and laid down. He stared up at the sky. Something caught his eye, and what he though was a falling star got closer and closer. He sat up and watched as the object continued to grow in size. It then crashed to the ground, not too far from the fugitive. "Whoa!" he exclaimed. As he ran towards the wreckage. It only took him a few minutes to get there. "Wow!" the Lt exclaimed again as he saw that the falling object was in fact a ship. The Lt watched as the cockpit opened aboard the ship and a badly injured man climbed out. Blood was pouring from the man's head as he stumbled over the wreckage towards the Lt. "Help me" the injured man begged. The Lt shrugged and figured `why not?' as he made his way to help the man. The injured man collapsed and the Lt started to perform CPR. On his second attempt at mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, the man grabbed the Lt's head and held it over his mouth. The Lt tried to scream as he felt something go into his mouth. The slimy creature made it's way down the Lt's throat. The injured man let go of the Lt and his arms fell limply to the ground, he was dead. The Lt looked up and his eyes flashed.