Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Life Not Lost, A

by Stacey
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A life not lost

A life not lost

by Stacey

Title: A life not lost
Author: Stacey
Email: stereo_b86@yahoo.com
Category: Action/Adventure, Hurt/Comfort
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Season: any
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: minor character death
Status: Completed
Summary: While travelling to a new planet, Jack is turned into an alien, and Sam is badly injured. Can they save Jack or does he save himself.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
Author's notes: Please give feedback at Stereo_b86@yahoo.com Enjoy

Waking up early one morning, Jack decided to start packing for the new mission to P3X 577,the MALP didn't give them any information. Except there was no form of Life signs with humid condition and Naquadah in the soil.

"Permission to leave, sir" asked Jack. "Permission granted, Colonel, Good luck" Jack gave a sloppy salute to Hammond, then turned and joined his team at the bottom platform of the Stargate. While Master Sgt. Davis dialled the co-ordinates to the new planet. Jack turned and looked at his team Teal'c stared up as the gate was dialling, Daniel was trying to calm himself down but failed miserably, Jack grinned he knew Daniel always got excited before missions to new planets, Sam was standing behind the others watching Jack, looking into his eyes, when she saw Jack starting turning to look at her she quickly looked away, but not quick enough for Jack to notice. O'Neill said, " What!! Do I have something on my face." Teal'c answered, "I believe not, O'Neill."

The seventh chevron lit up and the team looked up to see the shimmering glow of the now active Stargate. Teal'c turned and walked through the stargate with Sam close behind. Jack had a puzzled look on his face and then turned and looked at Daniel, Daniel was watching Jack with a sheepish grin. Jack said, "what" Daniel replied, "nothing" Jack got mad and stomped through the gate, Daniel grinned up at the control room and followed the rest of his team.

On the other side Jack put his sunglasses on and gave the signal to spread out and check the area surrounding the gate, they could never be so sure. Jack looked around and saw trees and more trees, his team new how much he hated these missions and the fact there where trees, every planet he came to he found something wrong with it and complained about it. The Sun was bright and blocked the distance view from the amount of glare.

The surrounding was clear, so they set off to find a suitable campsite for the night, with an advantage if someone were to attack. The next morning Daniel was going to study the planets agriculture and some of the cave drawings. The sun began to fall, and Teal'c left for his tent to perform Kel' No' Rem. While Jack, Daniel and Sam where sitting near the fire talking. Jack turned to Carter and Said, " you look exhausted" Carter replied, " thanks, sir" After a while Sam laid down and continued to talk to the others, after a while she fell asleep while listening to Jack talking about the best ways of killing someone. Jack saw Sam had fell asleep and nodded to Daniel in Sam's direction. Daniel saw she had fell asleep and said, " don't look at me, I won't be able to carry her." Jack replied, " Good on you Daniel. I guess it has to be me then... Be right back. Jack walked over and picked her up and carried her into her tent, laid her down and placed her in her sleeping bag and went back to the campfire.

The rest of the night Daniel spent teasing Jack, and Jack telling him to shut up. Daniel got up and went into his tent, while Jack had first watch.

The next morning the Sg-1 team set off to some caves that they found when they sent the probe through to explore. After the caves were checked, Daniel started to translate the writing. Meanwhile Sam and Jack were talking while Sam was getting her samples. "Sir, Daniel told me about last night, thank you." " Don't worry Carter, but I'm a bit hurt that u fell asleep while I was talking, I could understand if it was Daniel, but me." " Sorry sir."

After a couple of hours the team went back to base camp to get their gear and dial home. After they packed their gear up, Sam went ahead of the others and dialled the gate. Just before they where about to walk through the gate something like a staff blast came out of nowhere and got Jack in the stomach, he looked at Sam and fell, Sam ran over and kneeled beside him. And said, "No, he's not" Daniel replied, " What's wrong" Sam said back, "He's He's.........dead" Daniel, "what!...... no he can't be"

More shots where fired and the members of Sg1 ran for cover (minus Jack), but when Sam was running for a large rock she was shot in the leg too, by the same man. Teal'c tried to hold off the aliens with his staff, while Daniel ran for Sam and dragged her to the top of the stargate with Teal'c bringing up the rear. Daniel helped Sam up to her feet. Sam lifted her head up and said, "What about Jack." Teal'c, "We have no choice, we must leave him." Then Daniel and Teal'c pushed Sam through the gate when more shot where fired after Daniel ran out of bullet, He and Teal'c dived through the gate landing heavily on the other side.

_____________________________________________________________________

When Daniel and Teal'c came through, they saw Dr. Fraiser helping Sam onto a gurney and took Sam to the infirmary. Meanwhile Daniel and Teal'c explained to General Hammond what happened. After a couple of hours Janet walked into Hammond's office and saw Daniel and Teal'c there too, and told them she couldn't do much for Sam, but would recommend calling the Tok'ra to get Jacob there with the healing device. "I agree Dr Fraiser, Daniel contact the Tok'ra and get Jacob hear as fast as possible. Dismissed. "

After her chat to Hammond Dr Fraiser went back to the infirmary and saw Sam siting up crying. Dr Fraiser thought Sam should talk about it and she asked her happened to Jack when they where on the other planet. The only thing Sam could say was, "why did I leave him, why." "It wasn't your fault Sam, there was nothing that could have been done." Sam passed out hugging Janet.

_____________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile back on P3X 577, the alien race dragged Jack back to their city and into a big temple with two hands holding a crystal ball. They dragged him inside and placed him on a table. The aliens walked off and a big orb came down over Jack. A bright flash came over the room. And Jacks wounds healed up, after a couple of seconds Jack blinked a couple of times and woke up. Jack sat up as one of the aliens walked over and started talking to him, telling him that he has been given a human body and he is to be sent to another planet to spy of the natives and bring back new technology and medicine for their planet. Jack nodded and got up and left, heading towards the stargate.

_____________________________________________________________________

Back on Earth, Hammond and Daniel contacted the tok'ra and asked Jacob Carter for help with his daughter's injured leg. After the alarm went off with the Sg1 IDC Hammond gave the order to open the gate. Then when the gate was opened, Jack walked through and collapsed. Daniel ran over with a surprised face on Jack, while Hammond called Dr. Fraiser up. Daniel called from the gate room, "it's Jack, He's alive"

A few minutes later, Jack woke up in the infirmary with Hammond, Fraiser, Daniel and Teal'c standing over him. Janet looked at him and told the other, " He's fine, just some cuts and bruises, but I can't figure out how that wound was healed." Hammond asked Jack what happened and Jack explained that the alien race thought they were the Goul'd after seeing teal'c's forehead and tried to defend themselves, they dragged him to a temple and brought him back to life. Then they explained and took him to the stargate. After Jack explained the others left when a page came through the intercom for them all.

_________________________________________________________________

By this stage Jacob Carter had arrived at Earth. He bought with him a healing device, Dr. Fraiser took Jacob down to the infirmary to where Sam was. When he walked in he saw that Sam was unconscious. He used the healing device on Sam, which repaired the damage the staff like thing did to her. After Jacob had finished and the wound was repaired, Sam woke up. Jacob explained to her that she would have a limp for a couple of days. Then he hugged his daughter and said he would see her later and then turned and walked away. Fraiser explained what had happened with Jack.

Sam got up and started running for the hallway to find Jack. But, she fell over before she got to the door. Sam screamed from the amount of pain, which made Janet reach for morphine out of instinct. Daniel heard the scream from the hallway and ran towards it and realised it was Sam's room, when he got their, he saw Janet give Sam something. Janet asked if Daniel would put her back on the bed and he did as she asked.

__________________________________________________________________

Teal'c found something strange about Jack since he came back from that planet. Jack was looking at everything and asking how it works and what it's made off. After Teal'c left he went and saw Daniel and explained it to him that he thought that the aliens from the other plant did something to him. Daniel noticed it to and agreed to research the background of the planet from the Tok'ra information.

__________________________________________________________________

Sam hobbled into Jack's room and saw him taking his shirt off. She coughed, to get his attention. He turned around and looked at her. Sam was frozen, and staring at Jack's abdominal area, where there was a giant C scared on his body.

Jack got frightened and put his shirt on and ran towards the stargate, knocking Sam over as he ran, at that time they were sending a MALP through to do more research, Jack ran through the gate just before it closed. Sam hobbled in a few moments after and explained to General Hammond what she saw and everything that's happened. Then General Hammond told Sam that no one was to go back, they would wait to see if Jack came back in the next couple of days, and then go and get him.

__________________________________________________________________

Back on the planet the alien race found Jack walking through the temple, they got him to lie on the table again, and took out the alien inside of him to get the information that was gathered. Jack was unconscious after the alien was taken out. Jack wouldn't remember anything. The aliens dumped his body next to the gate. So he could go back after he woke.

_________________________________________________________________

Sam walked into the infirmary to get a check up, after ordered by General Hammond. Dr. Fraiser told Sam that Jack would never be the same, because he could die if they took the alien out of him. Sam got mad and said if she couldn't have Jack then the alien couldn't live either. And she walked off.

Sam walked into the control room looking for General Hammond. When suddenly the gate started opening and the alarm sounded. Sam looked at the screen and saw it was the planet Jack was at. She gave the order to open the iris, and the personal followed her orders, she thought that she would have revenge on Jack and grabbed a gun out of the office and walked down to the platform. She told the guards to stand down and leave. But they would not. They lowered their guns and stood there. Then they heard Daniel and Teal'c yelling down the corridor. Saying, "Don't shoot, he's back to normal." Sam whispered, "He will never be back to normal."

Then suddenly Jack appeared in the stargate. And said, " Hey Carter, what happened, why did u leave." Sam held up the gun and shot Jack. Jack falls and Daniel and Teal'c come in and ran towards him. Telling Sam that after the alien have gotten information on the planet they remove the alien and let the host go. Sam kneeled beside Jack and began to cry.

After a few moments Sam's father appeared and said "here Sam, use this." And handed her the healing device, She grabbed it and put it over her hand and used it to bring Jack back to life. After the wounds were healed Jack woke up. And said, "what was that for." Dr Fraiser appeared and checked him over and then left again, while Daniel told Jack what happened. Every few moments Jack turned and took a brief look at Sam. Sam had her head down looking at the floor. After Daniel told Jack what happened he turned to Sam and grabbed her jaw and lifted up her head and said, "it's not your fault, you here me." Sam replied, " Yes sir" "I mean it, you couldn't of done anything, I was dead what would u do. Know help me up would you. " "Yes sir" He put his hand out for Sam to help him up, when they were up, Sam got paler and started to wobble, she closed her eyes and opened them again with pain in her face. Jack saw how she looked and asked if she was ok, because she didn't look good. She replied, "I'm fine sir, just a bit tired." "Well go get some rest, Major" He saw that she was about to object, so he said, "that's an order." "Yes sir" Sam looked into his eyes, and then collapsed into Jacks arms. He laid her down on the ground while the others started to crowd around. He checked her pulse. It was faint but it was there. He looked up at Daniel and said, "She's fine, but gees, I've never had the effect on a woman before." He picked her up and ran for the infirmary. Leaving the others dazed from his comment.

Janet saw Jack ran in and put Sam on a gurney, she ran out to find Sam unconscious, she asked Jack what happened "I don't know Janet, one moment she was standing there and the next she fell into my arms." Janet looked her over and found her wound to her leg re-opening. Jack saw Janet look at Sam's leg and said, " What happened to her leg?" "She was shot when she was trying to help you back to the stargate." " What, why didn't she tell me." "I don't know. But she must have been in a lot of pain."

_________________________________________________________________

Later on Sam woke up with a small groan and saw Jack asleep beside her. Sam moved his hair out of his face. When she did, Jack woke up and looked at her, she smiled at him as best as she could. And he smiled back. "Hey, Carter, have a nice nap." " Yes sir, what happened." "You were unconscious, the wound on your leg started to re-open and the fact u were exhausted didn't help." "I don't faint. Sir" "We'll say you passed out." " Deal sir" At that time Janet walked in and checked her vitals and took a brief look ever so often at the two of them talking. Jack moved his arm and accidentally touched her leg, she groaned and she went pale. Jack saw what he had down. "Sorry Carter, Doc. Do u have something for the pain." With hurt in her words she talked halfed screamed, " No, I'm fine." " Sam your not fine, you can she that your in pain, I'll give you something." "no" With that Janet grabbed more Morphine and injected to Sam's IV. She trys to fight it but it's no use. And she fades into a deep peaceful sleep.

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Stacey