Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Sam's Point of View

by Starry_eyed_surprise
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Sam's Point of View

Sam's Point of View

by starry_eyed_surprise

Summary: Sam's thoughts after 'Point of View'.
Category: Missing Scene/Epilogue, POV, Thoughts
Episode Related: 101 Children of the Gods, 119 There but for the Grace of God, 306 Point of View
Season: Season 3
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: minor language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 03/16/03

Author's notes: I wrote this for Allie O'N, just because she asked me to :-) Big 'thank you' to her for beta-ing it! This is not really a sequel to 'Jack's Point of View'. It's just a related story. To keep things clear: Samantha is Doctor Carter and Sam is Major Carter. I hope you like it!

16-03-2003

"Okay, let's get this over and done with." Sam mumbled to herself. She had to adjust the report about the Asgard generator they had used to send Samantha to the Asgard home planet. Samantha. Sam had never thought that she could turn her world upside down that much. Okay, so suddenly having some kind of 'twin' around was a bit weird, but she hadn't thought about the consequences it had for herself. Their first meeting didn't go very smooth. But from the moment they had found some common ground, she really started to like Dr. Carter.

'Well, it would be kind of stupid not to like -basically- yourself,' Sam thought while she tried to concentrate herself once again on the job at hand.

She still wondered why Dr. Carter had chosen not to join the military. To her it seemed almost logical, since she was raised by her father, the overall military man. It had also been the easiest way to reach her goal, being an astronaut. So then why? Maybe she still had her mother? Or did she completely hate the military?

'Mmm no, probably not. She married Colonel O'Neill, for Christ's sake.'

Sam wished she had talked to her properly. Then she wouldn't be stuck with all these questions right now. From what she did know, she didn't want to be in Samantha's shoes. She had just lost everything. Half of earth was probably destroyed. Lots of her friends and family gone. She's probably also one of the people who'll have to explain what happened, since nobody knew what hit 'em. And more importantly, she had lost her husband, Jack. Samantha was gonna blame herself for that for a long time, because she hadn't been able to come up with a solution. Hopefully she was gonna survive it. Jack would have wanted her to go on with her live and not to give up, of that much Sam was sure. Oh yeah, she was really glad that she was stuck in this reality. Apparently, they're one of the few who survived a goa'uld attack.

Sam wondered how Samantha got through it. When Sam had seen her, she never showed any sign of breaking down even though she wasn't military. She guessed being strong must be in her nature. Even during her interrogation she kept herself together. She was just being frustrated, the O'Neillism proved that. At her "for crying out loud" Colonel O'Neill had turned towards Sam with raised eyebrows, probably thinking that it was all pretty funny.

'Just wait until you meet your own twin,' Sam thought.

He took the fact that the Sam and Jack of that reality were married pretty cool. Though she suspected that he already knew it at that moment. To bad, she had loved to see his face in complete surprise and shock. At least that's how he had reacted when Daniel told them they were engaged in the reality he had been stuck in. It had been a pretty funny sight. Colonel O'Neill who always tried to keep control over a situation, totally off balance. She smiled at the memory. Instead of thinking that would never happen between them, he just stated that it's against regulations.

'So, don't tell me he thinks there would be a possibility of us getting together if there wasn't such a thing called regulations. No way. That's not possible. We're talking about Colonel Jack O'Neill here, for crying out loud! Oh boy, now I even start thinking in O'Neillisms!'

Sam sighed. She took a pen and started to write again. She really had to finish that report.

But if Colonel O'Neill just saw her as a college, then why had he kissed Samantha? Sam couldn't help wondering. Okay, so basically she and Samantha were different persons, but did he also think that way about it? Because after all, they were very alike. Okay, let's rationalize this a bit. So Samantha was married to Jack and Sam also liked Colonel O'Neill, a lot more than she would ever admit to anyone, but does that mean that Colonel O'Neill feels the same way about her? She knows he has accepted her the way she is. And they get along pretty well most of the time, but she always thought that was because they were both military. But that doesn't explain what happened in the alternate reality. There Colonel O'Neill married a scientist!?!

'I wonder how he ever got over that one... What would he see in me anyway? I'm just a boring scientist and he 'has a problem with scientists'. He doesn't even see me as a woman. I'm one of the guys, the major, his 2IC, period. '

And why was this bothering her so much? So the Colonel had kissed Samantha. She didn't have any reason to be bothered, because for all intents and purposes Samantha wasn't her. He had every right to kiss her and she obviously didn't complain. Sam assumed it was hard for her to see her 'husband' leave again. But then why did she feel this way?

She had been pretty shocked when she saw them kiss. Well, wouldn't you if you saw 'yourself' kissing your CO? She'd had to look away, but some invisible force had drawn her eyes back to the little scene. Sam still couldn't believe Colonel O'Neill had done that. When he got back, she'd just turned around and walked out of the room. Half an hour later, she met him again for the debriefing. Thank god it hadn't taken that long. She tried not to look at him. Because every time she did, she remembered that kiss. He did the same. It seemed like he felt uncomfortable around her, because he avoided looking her in the eyes. Colonel O'Neill didn't mention anything about what happened. What would you expect. It's not like there was a reason he had to apologize for it or anything.

After the debriefing Sam had sought refuge in her lab with the intention of finishing the report. Okay, of getting her mind off of ... things. It wasn't working though. The image of Samantha and Colonel O'Neill kissing kept haunting her mind. It seemed as if she was drawn to that picture over and over again and she tried to figure out why. In a way it had been a nice sight. Though she did wonder how it would be like to kiss Jack... If only she could have the chance Samantha had. So what? She was jealous now?

'Okay, this is going wrong, very wrong. Report. Asgard generator. Interesting. Good. It will keep my mind off of kissi... '

"Aaaaargh!!" In frustration, she threw her pen on top of the table.

'Why the hell did he have to KISS her!!'

She had a feeling this was going to be a long night.

The End

Let me know what you think!!

ses

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to starry_eyed_surprise