Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Unknown Experiment 3: Truth Be Told

by Stormwing
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Unknown Experiment 3 : Truth Be Told

Unknown Experiment 3 : Truth Be Told

by Stormwing

TITLE: Unknown Experiment 3 : Truth Be Told
AUTHOR: Stormwing
EMAIL: stormwing_2k@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Angst, male pregnancy, Angst, Drama
PAIRING: none
SPOILERS: not many a few for seasons 1 and 2
SEASON / SEQUEL: future; unknown experiment series
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: male pregnancy
SUMMARY: After collapsing Daniel comes too, only to find a truth that is almost too hard to take.
STATUS: Unfinished
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Please review - please!!!!

Burning pain flooded his whole body, twisting and jerking in agony, he tried to pull himself up; his arms were leaden almost cemented to the cold ground beneath him. The cold biting pressure of the shackles held his arms and legs.

Frantically he looked around trying to find his tormentors, a figure gowned in black looking like the grim reaper himself loomed over him whispering in his ear "should be asleep, should be asleep." It echoed round the room as the reaper reached into his robes and pulled out an evil looking knife, wielding it wickedly, tracing it down his naked body taunting him with deadly caresses.

Daniel screamed, his heart beating like a drum, he twisted and heaved trying to throw off the reaper who now straddled his body "should be asleep should be asleep!" the mocking chorus came again as the reaper threw back his hood and thrust the knife deep into his stomach. Daniel screamed in horror and pain as a bright white flare of agony seared through him, clenching his teeth he whimpered "please!"

The reaper laughed, his hands gently stroking the knife which slowly turned black and thick ; when Daniel opened his eyes again the thing had the head of a cobra which lunged for his throat, at the same time the reaper threw his head back in glee rocking himself to the sound of Daniel's agony

His heart pounding like a drum Daniel yanked himself off the table and out of the cuffs which sliced into him causing blood to flow heavily, a sudden sharp pain unlike the others filled his left arm as he fell to the floor. The reaper stood over him holding the knife its robe now a pristine white colour. Daniel threw himself forward to avoid further blows, his arm raw with agony.

Falling on his stomach he felt strong hands encircle his upper arms, he threw his fists out blindly to strike back, he wanted to punish them. He caught one in the face as he rolled upwards and a face thrust into his ; eyes wild Daniel threw himself to and fro sobbing wildly, his tormentor drew back his hand slapping Daniel hard in the face and shouting his name. "Daniel, Daniel!" the tormentor shouted shaking him "Daniel Jackson!" he yelled grabbing his face and forcing him to look into his eyes.

The tormentors face wavered as Daniel's vision cleared, Daniel wiped his eyes which were blurry with tears on his hands and stared at his tormentor who faded into Jack "Jack?" Daniel gasped, shaking like a leaf "Jack!" he cried again in relief launching himself into the mans arms, his breath coming in ragged gasps.

Jack held him close, his hand rubbing his back, soothing him like a baby ; He held Daniel up and said calmly "Daniel, you've got a fever and your in shock. Fraisers gonna give you something to help you sleep."

Daniel's whole body tensed *not sleep bad*he thought "No more nightmares, please Jack." he whispered, jack patted him gently on the back "No more nightmares Danny, the drugs will take care of them." he soothed. Daniel felt a small prick in his arm before his eyes closed and he drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

*Grey its all grey* Daniel thought groggily as he came too, he felt a cool hand brush his forehead and he opened his eyes to see Sam bending over him. She smiled, seeing he was awake and gently kissed his cheek. Daniel tried to open his mouth to ask what was going on but all that came out was a meaningless mixture of sound "um nah ah um?" he croaked. Sam smiled and passed him a cup of water which he took gratefully taking small sips.

Sam walked over to the nearby wall and lifted the telephone from it cradle and spoke briefly in it her voice low *guess she thinks I'm too fragile to hear what she's saying* he thought, half amused, as he glanced idly around the room ; moving his body slightly he felt a slight pain from his stomach, feeling it he realised with a grimace that it was slightly swollen and very sensitive.

He lifted his left arm to reach for more water and winced as pain flooded it turning to look he saw that in the middle of the inside of his arm, a short jagged cut had been sewn together with stitches and was weeping *small neat obviously Fraisers work* Daniel thought idly.

"You ripped your IV out last night." Sam offered as she sat down "You okay Daniel?" she asked gently stoking his hand. "I'm okay." Daniel said surprised "a little sore around my belly (he didn't notice the momentary look of sorrow on her face) just wondering how I got here, the last thing I remember was. .." he shuddered "Annese ! She was trying too, you know" he blushed an interesting shade of red.

Sam smiled, but he couldn't help noticing as he stared into her face that the smile didn't quite reach her eyes which were shadowed with sorrow.

At the sound of a door opening he turned to see Jack, Janet Fraiser and Teal'c standing in the doorway. Teal'c sporting a lovely black and blue shaded eye *Teal'c. ..oh dear...I hit him.... Whoops. ..uh now he's gonna kill me*he thought, "Er hi guys." he said tentatively "Sorry about the eye, Teal'c. I just.."

"There is nothing to apologise for Daniel Jackson." Teal'c boomed. *well this is new* thought daniel *Tealc would kill guys for just looking at him wrong, I hurt him and. ..there's something wrong, their all treating me like I'm ill or something, like its serious, like oh god I couldn't be dying no way*

Taking a deep breath, he sat up "Tell me right now what's wrong with me." he said forcefully, noticing the others startled expressions, he volunteered "I'm not stupid, Jack you've been in this room at least 2 minutes and you haven't cracked a joke, Sam you haven't spouted off about reactors at all, Teal'c hasn't pummelled me into non-existence and Janet looks like she's gonna cry!"

Jack hung his head and then lifted it to look directly into Daniel's eyes. "Okay Daniel, we'll tell you but you have to do two things," he paused to sit on the side of the bed Teal'c did the same on the other side as the women stood nervously "One you must not interrupt until we're finished and two you don't shut yourself off. We all talk about it here and now agreed?" he asked.

Daniel stared at him *must be bad for jack to be this serious* he thought shakily, outwardly he plastered a clam expression on his face and looked up at Janet "Alright agreed, Janet?" he asked.

Janet wrung her hands nervously *she looks like she's about to tell me I'm dying* Daniel thought in panic "You're not dying, Daniel." Jack interjected glaring at Janet "Tell him doc!" *well if I'm not dying how bad could it be?* Daniel wondered and then forced himself to listen to Janet who had started to speak.

"Daniel, bear in mind the fact that we are not sure where this happened or even how." she said glancing at jack "but we know that somehow on one of your missions you became a kind of host for a half alien creature." *host as in ghould?*Daniel's mind screamed and he opened his mouth to speak.

"Not host as in ghould or parasite." Sam interrupted quickly seeing Daniel's face. "Indeed Daniel Jackson." Teal'c offered "It is no parasitical creature,"

"Moreover its not a creature at all!" Janet said "its half human," swallowing hard she began again "After the incident with Annese and the Tokra," Daniel turned and interesting shade of pink "you collapsed, we brought you back to the SGC on the Tokra councils command ; apparently you released a kind of moderated yet more potent and specific version of Hathor's pheromones designed to attract female ghould, so as no humans or even previous hosts" she gestured to Sam "were affected we brought you back and did some tests. Upon finding an strange enzyme in your blood we did x-rays, the x-rays showed that somehow a small part of your stomach had budded, off as we call it. " she paused for breath.

Sam took over "The Tokra and Tollan had no idea what is was so they quarantined us until we were able to identify it. Janet did a Laparoscopy and found that your stomach cells had changed conformation to become more strong and elasticised, when the camera went inside, well we..we. " she stopped uncertainly.

"It was an embryo, Daniel." jack said wearily "a half human embryo with half your DNA we're not sure what did this but I promise you we'll find out." he took daniels hand "you've been unconscious with a fever for six weeks, Daniel." he said gently. Daniel stared down in shock *pregnant impossible, there must be...but it explains so much* he thought thinking hard he recalled his nausea, vomiting, need for certain foods ;it made perfect sense and yet it was impossible but he was pregnant.

Sam touched him lightly on the arm stopping his train of thoughts "You okay Daniel?" she said gently. "I know its hard to take in." *that's an understatement* Daniel thought numbly trying to collect himself.

"Abortions very risky Daniel," Janet said quietly "we could lose you as well as this baby."

"Oh for crying out loud!" jack yelled "You can't expect him to go through with this, Janet!"

"Think how awful it is for women who are built for this and they have it tough enough!" Sam said, "we cannot risk losing Daniel Jackson." Teal'c put in sternly "if he must he must. "

Daniel sat numbly trying to think and ignore the arguing from around him as he did he felt a strange fluttering sensation across his abdomen, it wasn't unpleasant it was, peaceful. Taking a deep breath he opened his mouth *I know what's best, it's the only way and its the right way*

"Guys?" he said and then "Guys!" more forcefully. They stopped talking to look at him, Janet unhappy, Teal'c, well Teal'c when worried, Sam was obviously upset as was jack. "Daniel?" Jack said worriedly.

Daniel took another deep breath and looked each of them in the eye guys "You are all my friends'. Jack you're my best friend, but whatever happens this is my decision and right or wrong, I'm going to have this baby.

T.B.C

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Stormwing