Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Projections

by Michelle Birkby
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
projections

projections

by michelle birkby

TITLE: projections
AUTHOR: michelle birkby
EMAIL:mbirky@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: humour/romance
SPOILERS: broca divide
SEASON / SEQUEL: season 1
RATING: G
CONTENT WARNINGS:
SUMMARY: sam and jack discuss the relationship between mulder and Scully
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

"Hey kiddies, what are we watching?".

"Ssssh!".

Jack stared at whatever programme Sam, Daniel were engrossed in. It took him a moment, but he recognised it as the X-files.

"Oh, sorry I spoke." he said as he sat down.

"Colonel O'Neill." Teal'c said, only to be interrupted by "Ssssssssshhhhhhh!!!" from Sam and Daniel. Teal'c leaned closer to Jack.

"Colonel O'Neill." he whispered. "I do not understand the fascinating nature of this ... entertainment.".

"Well, its very simple Teal'c. Every week they hunt out some myth or legend or some other fairytale, she tries to debunk it, he proves its real and..".

"That's not it at all!" Daniel shouted, jumping round to face Jack.

"You've missed the whole point!".

Jack looked at him quizzically.

"The point?".

"Sir," Sam said, "The whole crux of the programme is the relationship between Mulder and Scully. How they feel about each other, how they display, or don't display their affections. The little moments of touching, the private jokes, the glances.".

"Exactly." Daniel said, and they both turned round to watch the television again. Jack merely nodded at Teal'c, who still looked pretty confused. Then again, that had been a permanent state for Teal'c since he had arrived on Earth.

On screen, someone was saying, 'Not even a kiss? Trust me, the man knows how to kiss.'.

Jack thought about this for a moment, then a smile crept across his face. He said, "Sam, do you remember the virus we all caught from the land of light and dark?".

"Sir, we were never to discuss that!".

"I know, but I was just wondering if..".

"Sir!!".

Jack nodded, grinning slightly to himself. Teal'c turned to him again.

"I do not understand. What relationship do this Mulder and Scully have?".

"They love each other." Daniel replied.

"Probably." Sam said.

"But they won't tell each other.".

Jack glanced at Sam.

"But why would not Mulder tell Scully he loves her?" Teal'c said.

"Maybe he's afraid to." Jack said softly, still looking at Sam.

"Maybe he's afraid she'll reject him.".

"Then why does Scully not tell Mulder that she loves him?".

"Maybe she doesn't know she does." Sam said. "Or maybe she's afraid he doesn't feel the same way.". She glanced back at Jack to see he was staring at her. They both looked at each other, unable to break their mutual gaze.

"Perhaps he's afraid of revealing so much of himself. Perhaps he was badly hurt before and doesn't want to risk it again." Jack said.

"Or perhaps, "Sam whispered, "she's afraid of what will happen if they both let themselves lose control.".

"He probably doesn't believe that such a bright,lovely could want him.".

"She probably thinks she's misinterpreted all those glances, that he's just playing when he flirts with her.".

"Perhaps he's afraid that she would think he was abusing his position as her partner.".

"Maybe she can never find the right time or place to tell him.".

"Maybe they're both afraid of taking that final step.".

"Ahh Jack? Sam?" Daniel said, suddenly aware that both of his friends seemed to be drifting of into a world of their own. Jack and Sam turned to face him.

"Don't mind us." Jack said.

"We're just projecting." Sam continued.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to michelle birkby