Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Sleep Over

by Venom69
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Sleep over

Sleep over

by Venom_69

TITLE: Sleep over
AUTHOR: Venom_69
EMAIL: venom_69_anderson@hotmail.com Just let me know which story you are referring to please. Any form of feedback is welcomed and if you suck up enough then there is even the chance of a reply!
CATEGORY: Challenge (#44), Sam and Jack
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: set direstly after 'D&C'
RATING: PG? There isn't that much adulty stuff in here. Content warning: implication of sexual situations, a little angst.
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: none given
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Don't own 'em....just playing...don't sue me. Kapesh?
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I was having a nightmare about Sam and Martouf, so I woke up and read a few challenges, saw this and before my fingers reached the keyboard the whole damn plot was worked out.

Challenge #44
This story MUST include:
* Flannel Nighties
* Someone says "You're just mad cuz you can't knit..."
* ANYBODY whumping--but one special "whumping" person.
* Somebody who can't rub their stomach and pat their head at the same time.

F.Y.I.
***~ = Perspective change.
*** = Flashback start.
~`~ = Flashback end.

***~
CASSANDRA:
***~

"Cassie will you get the door please?"

"Yes mum!"

sometime being kid is crap! Whoops I know that I shouldn't say that but who cares? So yeah where was I? Oh right being a kid..... well you always get parents and grown-ups telling you what to do and you have a certain bedtime. F.Y.I. that is usually about 20 minuets before or the real fun starts! So I figured that tonight was just going to be your typical night of SG-1 and my mum, Janet Frasier, spending some downtime at my house! You know I really love those guys but lately they have been acting *so* weird!! I know that it's hard for them with the whole Zatarc incident but they *seriously* need to take a load off! There is something going on with Sam and Jack but because I am only 13 mum wont tell me what it is, but apparently if I play my cards right then I might get lucky and *accidently* over-hear a conversation that goes on tonight and I can find out what Is going on! Lets just hope so!

"Sam! Hey!" I open the door to be greeted with a tired looking Sam. Although I have to admit that she does look really nice. She's wearing a pair of black jeans, a whit top and a black leather jacket that comes to the top of her knees.

"Hey Cassie! How are you' going?" she bends down to my height and gives me a hug. that's another thing about being a kid...the height or lack there of! Being so short is really annoying, but they tell me that I'll get taller. Well I hope so!

"Yeah I'm okay! What about you?"

"oh I'm fine I just...have had a few hard days!"

"Oh. Wanna see my new jumper? I bought it at the mall."

"Hey Sam" mum called from the kitchen. I think that she is making little party pies, but they are 'more like party pies for adults' well at least that's what mum says.

"Hey Janet! Sure Cassie show me your new jumper. So you have finally discovered the wonder that is the mall huh?"

"yeah we never had anything like that in...Toronto"

Sam smiled softly. She always does that when I say that I'm from Toronto. Well what else am I supposed to say? I gotta keep up the act 'cause otherwise something bad might happen. Okay I think that I have seen *way* to many James Bond movies!

"No I guess you wouldn't have! So this is nice what shop did you get it from?"

I smile holding up the baby blue woollen jumper that I got at some shop called 'valley girl' I really like it and it look's a lot like Sam's eyes. I wonder if Jack will notice?

"This shop called 'valley girl' pretty cool huh?"

"yeah it is" she commented. I know that Sam and mum are best friends and I know that she loves spending time with me but she doesn't look very happy to be here.

"Sam what's wrong?" I ask trying very hard not to pry but I do wanna know. I never like to see Sam upset and I know that it takes a lot to get her that way but something must have happened.

"Cass, it's a long story, but I'm fine really!"

"it's okay, I understand." Well I kinda lied there 'cause I don't understand and I'll never will until someone explains it too me, but no-one wants to do that!

"Sam, Cassie the boys are here!" mum called out to us from downstairs and I felt my face light up but Sam looked like she was just made to eat the pickle on her cheeseburger. I hate the pickle too. I grabbed her hand and dragged her downstairs with me and when the guys saw us they all looked excited. Daniel said hi to me and gave me a quick hug, only after tripping on our inside front steps. That's just like Daniel, he's a great guy, and mum says he's cute, but he is such a clumsy person. And Jack gave me a big hug. Y'know the one I mean, it's that one where they pick you up and swing you around for a few times before they get too tired, so then he put me down and started asking me how I was and all that stuff. Teal'c bowed his head and for a Jaffa that is a kinda 'hello' I think! Well that is what Sam told me, Sam.....she still looks sad. Although she and Jack are just standing there looking at each other. For a moment I thought they were gonna kiss but mum came 'round the corner with some munchies and spoiled it.

"Hey guys how are we all?"

"Great thanks doc." Daniel said smiling at mum.

"Well, I'm pleased to hear it, doc." That is so cute, the way that mum and Danny call each other doc. I know why mum is called doc, but I don't get it with Daniel, he is an.... anthropologist not a doctor.

"I am very well thank you Doctor Fraiser. And yourself?"

"Yeah I'm great thanks Teal'c"

Sam and Jack are sill staring at each other when they realise that everyone else but them have done the 'small-talk' so they stopped staring at each other and Jack started talking to mum while Sam looked away and tried very hard, and failed, not to look embarrassed.

"Come on through guys." Mum led everyone towards the living room while I ran upstairs to get my new jumper to show the guys.

"......And Anise assures me that his death will ultimately prove to be a noble cause" Sam was talking about something that happened to her today. Nearest as I can figure Anise, is a Gou'ald, but a good one. I think they call them Tok'ra? Apparently from what I have heard the Gou'ald that took over Sam's body was a Tok'ra aswell, and this Anise was helping them do something that needed to be attended to urgently. Probably helping them with their......'deep space radar telemetry.'

"Hey Cass. Wow you look great!" Jack exclaimed as I came into the living room wearing my new jumper. Jack was sitting in an armchair and Teal'c was on the sofa in between mum and Danny and Sam was at the opposite end of the room in the opposite chair to Jack, she still looked sad. It almost looked as though she was sleeping with her eyes open.

"Thanks jack. Danny, Teal'c do you like it?"

Daniel looked at me and then made me spin around twice before he declared "Yeah it's nice."

"Teal'c? What do you think?"

"Cassandra, may I feel the material?" okay so I know that I am not all that smart and I do know what material is but sometimes the way Teal'c says common things it just makes you go 'huh?'

I think that Jack noticed my confusion o he so very kindly elaborated. "I think he wants to feel the wool." I nodded and moved over to Teal'c to let him feel the wool and I nod a 'thank you' to Jack.

After a moment of thinking and feeling Teal'c finally declares, "It is a very strange material and the craftsmanship is most unusual. It does look nice on you, however I have come to the conclusion that I would not wear it."

"You're just mad cause you can't knit." Jack and his funny remarks. Sam calls it sarcasm and she also said that 'it is not really something that a person intentionally develops. Some people, like colonel O'Neill, just can't help themselves.' I know that she gets annoyed with him and some of the things that he says but she almost always smile at his jokes. Almost.

I was giggling, Teal'c was looking confused, mum and Danny were both smiling, but Sam still looked sad. I think that Daniel finally realised that Teal'c was confused so he began to explain the concept of 'knit' to him and we all knew that good old Danny wouldn't stop talking until Teal'c finally understands the history of knitting and why people do it, etc.

"Ok, well Danny-boy as much as we would love for you to go on all night why don't we watch one of the videos? Doc, what have we got For tonight?"

"Well there are a few to choose from. We have 'the mummy'"

Jack cringed at the sound of that. "I don't think that we would enjoy that one. Too much ammunition for Daniel to rave on about!"

"Good point. Well we also have, 'men In black' or 'space jam.' It's up to you guys."

"Cassie why don't you pick?" Sam said to me and by this time Daniel had finished with his explanation and Teal'c wasn't looking as confused as before. Jack was staring at Sam again. He always does that and everyone has kinda gotten used to it. Except maybe them.

"Can we watch 'men in black' please?"

"Sure Cass whatever you want is fine by us." Jack smiled at me when he said this but he was still watching Sam and as soon as she noticed they made eye contact and turned away very quickly.

Mum got up and went to get everyone a drink while Daniel put the video on. Sam got up and left the room, probably to use the bathroom, and Jack got up a second later.

"Cass where's the bathroom?"

"upstairs, and it's the..." I thought for a minuet and used my memory to think of the layout of my home. "Third door on the right." Jack smile at me and headed for the stairs while I started asking Teal'c how he likes movies.

***~
Sam
***~

okay so why am I here? I love Janet, and Cassie but I can spend time with them anytime, without *him* around. This is so hard. How in the hell am I supposed to sit in the same room as him and not think about today? How I just sit there and know that he loves me as much as I love him is so far beyond me it's just not funny. I know that Janet tried to comfort me earlier but all I did was tell her that it was just the part of Jolinar in me that was grieving for Martouf and that it had nothing to do with the fact that the colonel and I had to admit that there was more to our relationship than just friendship. Right, Sam like she believed you. I cant even convince myself of that let alone convince someone else. Argh!! I just want to go home, cry, get some sleep, and get over it! Not that there is much chance of that happening.

I splash some cold water on my face and don't even hear when the colonel comes in.

"Carter sorry I didn't know that you were in here."

He's waiting for me to say something but I cant form any words. I mean sure they are there in my brain but by the time my brain sends the signal the words are already forgotten. He's just looking at me. I can't see him, I'm too busy counting the cracks in Janet's basin tiling, but I can feel his eyes on me and I know that he is staring and not just because I can feel his eyes but because it is something that he would do. I know him, and I know that he would be looking at me even if I was Daniel, or Teal'c or even Gen. Hammond.

"Sam?" he tries again and slowly I turn, even though I'm crying. If I had realised that the tears were streaming down my face I would have brushed him off with a cold comment and left the room. That would have been the better idea.

He walks over to me and pulls me into a hug. Not a good idea! Alert! Alert! Attention Carter, this is your heart speaking and all we can say is, do not, we repeat, DO NOT, get too comfortable in those arms. Hello? Carter are you ignoring us now? Yeah I know, I can hear my heart screaming at me to run a million miles but I am being comforted, that is it pure and simple. Yeah and Apophis is a nice friendly guy!

As the colonel hugs me and I have my hand on his chest and my other one around his waist, while both of his hands were woven around my torso. I don't know why, well if I went into all the scientific principles of the topic then I could probably figure it all out, but for some reason I started shaking and when I did the colonels body started to rock e back and forth a little bit with me in his arms. Alert! Alert! Warning number two, get the *hell* away from this! You are emotionally weak and this is not the way to go about letting your commanding officer, the man your in love with, know that today was a very hard day, so in short *run like hell!* hello? Are you still ignoring us? We said *run* *like* *hell.*

"Shhh it's ok. Come over here."

He started whispering comforting words into my hair and he pulled me closer to him and we sat down on Janet's cold and slightly damp bathroom floor. After about 10 minuets my tears subsided and I slowly calmed down.

***~
JACK
***~

well Carter stopped crying after a while and for a few more minuets I just held her close and let her get her breathing back under control and then something inside me snapped and I suddenly realised that I was holding the woman I love, the woman who loved me, very *very* close and I wasn't having and erotic thoughts about her! Wow! I think that I deserve a metal for this one!

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask finally and then mentally kick myself. Could I have chosen a more insincere phrase to start off what could be *the* single most important conversation that I will ever have with this woman and I start it out with a crap phrase like.....

"Do you want to listen"

"Sam of course I want to listen. Just make sure that you use little words. You know how I hate those big words,"

she smiled at that and so did I. I'm pretty sure that all the tears that she shed were to do with today, which part I don't know.

"I killed him." She whispers softly after a moment. It was so soft that I wasn't sure if she said it or if I imagined it.

"Who?" I ask. I probably sound really insensitive but for once I am genuinely confused.

"Martouf." Oh. Now there is a name that I was *so* hoping wouldn't come up. I don't, well didn't, like him. He had this thing on Sam and I really hated it. When he looked at her all he saw was Jolinar and although he acknowledged that they weren't the same person his heart still wanted to believe that if he could have Sam then he could have Jolinar.

"No you didn't Sam. Don't blame yourself it was the Gou'alds' fault"

"No I suppose your right. After all it was them who fired the zat gun." Sarcasm. That's my trick, I use that whenever I can't deal with things.

"Sam it's not our fault. Major Graham, Lt. Aster and Martouf are all casualties in the war against the Gou'ald.'

"Yes, but I didn't love Lt. Aster or Major Graham." She said very flatly. Ok so I don't get it. Today we had to admit....stuff to prove that we weren't Zatarcs and now she's saying that she loved Martty. "But you did love Martouf?"

***~
Janet
***~

<"you know what the difference between you and me is? I make this look good.">

This movie isn't half bad. It's just your typical sci-fi movie, heroes, bad guys, aliens and aliens who looked like care bears. Although the Gou'ald look like shrimp so I guess a care bear alien every once in a while it's ok. Sam and Jack didn't even see the start of the movie. I have no idea where they are but Cassie said that Jack went to the bathroom and before that Sam had just got up and left, not the house but the room.

"Does anyone want another drink?"

"yeah thanks doc."

"If it is not too much trouble, then thank you Doctor Fraiser that would be very nice." A simple yes would have done it.

"I'll help you mum." Cassie and I left the boys to keep watching the movie and we went to get some drinks from the kitchen.

"Mum, we don't have and more creaming soda."

"Yes we do sweetheart, it's upstairs. Hang on I'll go and get it." So I left Cassie in the kitchen to get everyone a drink while I went to get her some creaming soda.

***~
Sam
***~

I turn to face him in our embrace. I can look at him now but his arm is still around my waist, not that I'm complaining.

"What? No. I mean yes. Okay let me explain."

His rich brown eyes have tears in them and they make me feel bad. Those eyes have been given so many reasons to cry over the years and since I have known him they have been given plenty more reasons aswell, but Jack O'Neill was a soldier and they never cry. Stupid, but true.

"Sam you don't owe me an explanation. I understand." No he doesn't but it was nice of him to try.

I shake my head lightly. I will explain it to him, no matter what. I open my mouth to say something but he just puts a finger to my lip and silences me. He is so stubborn when he wants to be.

"Sam really it's ok. You don't have to explain. Really it's ok. There's no need." He's repeating himself. He only does that on occasion and it's never done in a situation that he's not comfortable in.

Well then fine O'Neill if you wont listen you'll see. I put my hands on either side of his face and pull it down to me and kiss him softly. At first he dose nothing except sit there, well that lasts all of 5 seconds. Relief fills me when I realise that he didn't pull away or get mad but he kissed me back.

***~*
JANET
***~*

As I make my way to the hall cupboard I see the light in my bathroom on. I peer my head in and am delighted to see, that on my bathroom floor are Sam and Jack kissing. They look so happy together. I could see the smile on Jack's lips, well until he turned his head a little more, and I can see how relaxed Sam finally is. Did you know that it took me about half an hour to convince Sam that she should come tonight? She said that she didn't think that she could handle it. She was wrong. I got the shock of my life this morning. I was in the infirmary and she came to see me.

***

"Sam, look tonight all the guys are coming over to watch a movie, and Cassie wants to see you, so I was hoping that you would come aswell. Look I know that it has been a long day but I really think that it would do you the world of good. What do you say?"

"I don't think so Janet. I really don't feel up to it."

"Oh come on Sam please? It's a sleep over aswell. Cassie's idea, so bring you pj's and you slippers and you can relax"

~`~

yeah I remember spending about thirty minuets telling her that she should come and when she finally agreed I then decided to ask her what was wrong.

***

"Janet can I ask you something?"

"sure, Sam you can ask me anything."

"What should I do?"

"About what?"

"Janet, I loved him."

What?? How in the hell could she be in love with Martouf? She is talking about him isn't she?

"Who?"

"Martouf."

"Oh." That's all I could say. What am I supposed to say when my best friend tells me that she is in love with *him,* okay so I know that he is a Tok'ra but, a the good colonel would say, let's just call a snake, a snake. Okay so maybe the Tok'ra are the good guys, but I remember what it was like with Jolinar, well maybe not first-hand but, I was the one who would have been held responsible if Sam hadn't made it. I remember seeing her with that *thing* in control. I remember seeing her not even flinch at the sedative and I saw her pull the pin off that grenade, and I most of all remember how much she hurt, and scared, Cassie.

So what was I supposed to say when she said that she loved Martouf? There was nothing I could say. Nothing.

~`~

So as you can see, walking past my bathroom and, seeing Sam and Jack locked together in an embrace is giving me a very good feeling. Now, the more I think about the more that I realise that when Sam said that she loved snake-head, oh I mean Martouf, I guess that she meant the part of Jolinar left in her loved him, and it was that part of her that was mourning for his death.

***~
JACK
***~

So this is *very* good! We pull back after kissing for several minuets, well much to my disappointment, because these old lungs of mine actually do need air! Funny about that huh?

Okay so I'm not the brightest crayon in the box but I don't mind saying that I am so very confused. After we pull back we are just staring at each other and I don't know if she regrets what just happened. I really have no idea.

She is leaning forward again, and before I know it we are kissing again. Our tongues are mingling and our hands are wandering and there are a few moans going through our kisses. If this is heaven then let me die now.

Our wonderful kiss is cut short when someone at the door clears their throat very loudly.

"Ahem" we turn and see Janet standing there with the biggest smile on her face. If I didn't know better then I would think that she was the one who was beginning a relationship.

She's still smiling when she speaks. "The guest room is two doors down on the right. Don't make too much noise and I'll keep everyone away. Deal?"

Neither of us can say anything. We are both speechless. I don't really think that there is anything either of us can do or say, but as Sam nods her head in agreement I realise that I was wrong. Janet walks away smiling, and Sam gets up and brings me with her. Then she turns and looks me straight in the eye.

"Are you sure about this?" I ask after a moment. She nods her head and takes my hand in her own. We walk together and before I know it we are in the guest room, the door is being slammed shut and we are kissing like crazy. It's all passion until we both trip on a treasure box at the end of the bed. We both end up on the floor, me on top of her, both of us laughing.

"I guess we should have looked at the layout of the room huh?"

***~
DANIEL
***~

<"You do know Elvis is dead right?" "No Elvis is *not* dead. He just went home">

This movie isn't too bad. I guess it's okay but I think that everyone just wants to go bed, or in Teal'c's case into Kel-no-reem. I'm not even sure if he is watching it or just staring at the TV well I know that Cass is loving the company and Janet is too, given that she was the one who convinced us all to come, but Sam and Jack are really unhappy. I don't blame them, realistically who could? They had to admit that there wanted more then friendship from each other and I think that saying it out loud made it harder to ignore.

I hear Janet walk back into the room and I see her with a million dollar smile on her face. She walks back into the kitchen and I get up to go and see her but I trip. Again. I'm getting so sick of this. I think I need new glasses. I am always tripping, or running into things. Once I regain my composure, do you now how hard it is to try and fall gracefully? Well I cant do it, so I get up smile sheepishly and go into the kitchen and see doc.

"Is there something you wanna tell me doc?" she looks around at me and her face is gonna split if she 'aint careful.

"Well, I said that I wouldn't tell but lets just say, that two people that you and I both know are currently upstairs getting to know each other on a more personal level." She says. She is definitely very excited.

"Really?" I say after the initial shock passes.

"No, doc, I always go around saying that Sam and Jack are using my spare room to hop on the good foot and do the bad thing in the hope that it will really happen." Sarcasm. That's Jack's tick. I think that he uses it whenever he is in a situation that he can't control.

"Oh that is wonderful!" I exclaim and we hug each other while dancing around the room.

"I know and it's only taken four years and a few Gou'ald's to get them to finally see what we have all known from the start." She says, and I know that she is right, but I can't help but wonder what Hammond is gonna say when he hears about this. Doc senses my change in mood and looks at me.

"Daniel what is it?" what am I supposed to say? I truly am happy for hem but, still, a part of me knows that this might split our team up.

"I was just thinking that Hammond will hit the roof when he finds out." Her own smile fades at this and I can tell that she hadn't thought of that part yet. Oh well doc is a smart woman she would have come up with that there sooner or later.

"Yeah, but isn't that the whole reason that they held out as long as they did? I mean Hammond and all of the regulations said that they were not allowed to be together, and they accepted that, I mean they were willing to die before admitting that so I think that they deserve som happiness." I nod in agreement. She is right. I know she is.

***~
TEAL'c
***~

<"not bad for second day on the job huh?">

This is truly a strange movie. I do not understand how the Tau'ri enjoy this movie. They have a giant cockaroach for the main alien. It does not seem at all real and I think that the truth is always easier to use. I think this is what Major Carter calls 'fiction' she said that 'the point of fiction is to give the veiwer an escape from reality for a few hours.' I however am quite happy to look at the facts, not something that someone made up. This place is just as strange to me as it was when I first arrived.

I get up and enter the kitchen. I see Doctor Fraiser and Daniel Jackson looking at each other very strangely. They acknowledge my presence and I move further into the room.

"Is there something wrong?" I ask after a minuet and they both smile. It is only at this time that I noticed O'Neill and Major Carter are no longer in the bottom floor of this house. I do believe that Major Carter went upstairs and O'Neill left the room shortly after that to use the bathroom. In my experience it does not take over an hour to use the bathroom.

"No Teal'c everything is fine. Doc and I ere just discussing how great Sam and Jack are together."

"I concur with that statement Daniel Jackson." I believe that I have missed something here. Doctor Frasier and Daniel Jackson are smiling. They both look extreamly happy and I do not understand why. I will ask them some time later.

***~
JACK
***~

She's sleeping. She always looks beautiful when she sleeps. Not that I have ever watched her while she's sleeping. Okay so I guess that is a lie. I always watch her when she sleeps while we are on other planets. If it's my turn to take watch and it's a really dull planet then what better scenery to look at then her?

I would have to say that this has been one of the most magical nights of my life. I keep staring at her and I'm surprised that the intensity of my gaze hasn't woken her.

My mind starts to drift and I soon realise that the sound of her breathing changing is an indication that she is waking up.

"Morning beautiful." I say as her eyes flutter open. She looks around for a minuet and gets her bearings and as she remembers last night she smiles. I love that smile.

"Hey." She says very simply. Even though it is only a small one-syllable word, when it's rolling of her tongue it sounds heavenly.

"My, don't we look pensive." She says after a little while of her staring at me, and me thinking about her.

"Just letting the beauty your face cloud my judgement once more." I say and she blushes at the compliment. And that makes me smile.

***~
SAM
***~

I love that smile. Mind you, I love him, and waking up with his arms wrapped around my naked body wasn't half bad either. Actually, it was amazing.

"Do you regret what happened?" he asks after a moment of staring at each other.

"How could I regret spending the night with the man I love?" good one Sam, say that and really scare him off. Although he isn't running, he's actually smiling. He leans down to me and our lips meet briefly and when he pulls apart he tells me what I have longed to hear. "I love you too, Sam."

"We had better get up soon." I say after a while. Although I really don't want to go anywhere I know that If we don't then Janet is not going to be happy. After all since she is partly responsible for this little relationship beginning, so it would only seem natural that she would want to know a few minor details.

"Your right. But we have one small problem." He says. He looks so adorable in the morning, naked, and I think that my brain still hasn't gotten over that.

"What?" I ask, nit even worried in the slightest.

"Unless you didn't notice we don't have any clothes on."

"That's not a problem" I say a I get up and walk over to my bag in the corner of the room. I really don't mind the fact that I am currently walking around the room without anything on. After going through my bag for a wile I pull out a few items of clothing and throw the long flannel pyjama pants at my lover while I put on the top half, which goes to just near my knees, and a pair of underwear, much to his disappointment which is clearly shown on his face.

"Flannel?" he queries after string, at first me and then the bottom half of the set that I have given him.

"Yes, well what do you want me to do? Freeze? It gets cold at night and I didn't really come here expecting to be in warm arms so I just brought my winter stuff." He nods and I watch appreciatively as he gets out of bed and puts on the pants.

"Now my love, we must adjurn to the living room to thank the wonderfull doctor, who I have no doubt helped this wonderful thing between us start."

I smile and nod, while taking his pre-offered hand.

He stopps just before we open the door. Just by looking at his face I can tell that there is something not quite right with him.

"Is something wrong Jack?"

"yes" he says and now i'm a little worried.

***~
JANET
***~

"goodmorning, doc." I say as I enter the kitchen and see Daniel sitting at the kitchen bench drinking coffee.

"Hey, are they up yet?" he asks.

"No but we may not see them for a little while." I say and we both smile.

***~
JACK
***~

She looks a little worried and i'm not surprised. I am not quite sure how I should say this. I don't want to hurt or offend her but I want to do this right. I practiced this moment in front of the mirror a thousand times over and no matter how I said it my imagined reaction frm her was to run screaming.

"What, Jack, what is it?" she asks pulling me out of my mental practice session.

"Look, I wanted to say this the right way but for some reason I cant seem to remember the perfect thing to say so...." I think she looks like she's gonna cry.

"Marry me?" I ask. Well that was lame. I mean seriously I spent days upon days trying to think of the perfect way to do this and I couldn't come up with anythig better than 'marry me' yeah real original...

"Yes." She says, giving me a million dollar smile. I love that smile but I am a little shocked

"Really?" she nods and we kiss. Love is great.

We pull back after a minuet.

"Is there anything else you want to tell me?"

"well If you like I can tell you something that I have never told anyone else in my life."

She raises an eyebrow and nods.

"Well....bear with me for a sec, this is hard for me to admit." I clear my throat. "Ever since I was 10 I lost the ability to....." I know that she is gonna hit me when she finds out but it is gonna be so worth it to see the look on her face. "To...pat my head and rub my stomach. Yep, I know that it's hard to believe but I just can't do it." The smile that she gave me was well worth the effort that I put into that little speel. She is just laughing at me and shaking her head.

"I love you" I say after a while. She pulls me down to her and gives me the sweetest kiss ever. When we pull apart for air she wisperes breathessly, "I love you too"

End.

"When you wouldn't leave me. Are you sure that there is something that you're not admitting? Something that neither one of us cn admitt given our working relationship or our military ranks." "Oh, that."--Divide and Conqure

A/N: Well you all know the drill, if you read it then please send me feedback, I really need to know what my writing imperfections are so that I can improve. Ta, ~*V*~

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Venom_69