Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

In Two Months 5: The Mission

by Kitty S
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
In Two Months V- The Mission

In Two Months V- The Mission

by Kitty S

Title: In Two Months V- The Mission
Author: Kitty S
Email: KittyStrawBerries@Hotmail.com
Category: Challenge, Romance
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Spoilers: None I could think of.
Season: any
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: none
Challenge: #1,164
Summary: OK, so Sam is back. How and when was Jack going to tell her about his feelings.
Status: Completed
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
Author's Notes: Sorry I took so long. E-Mail me and tell me what you think. I sort of don't like how this part turned out. What do you think?

SGC

Jack was ready, so he thought. He was going to tell Sam that he had feelings for her. That he loved her.

"So, Carter, good to be back huh?"

"Yes Sir." She smiled. He hadn't seen that smile in a long time.

"So, how much do you remember anyway?"

"Um, a lot actually, I really loved that dog." She laughed.

"God, that was hard. Seeing you with her at the Vet." He shuffled his feet. 'Can't do it, she doesn't like me, as a friend but no more. No less.'

"Yeah."

"Why don't you come over to my place tonight for dinner, around six."

"Sure."

'Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter to the briefing room.'

"That's us." They both walked to the elevator and to the briefing room.

"Once again, Major Carter, good to have you back." The General said. "Well since you all have been on downtime for a while, I'm putting Sg-1 into active duty starting 0800 tomorrow. Any questions?"

"No Sir." Jack answered for his team.

"Good. Dismissed."

They all walked out each going their own way. Daniel off to his lab after giving Sam a warm hug and Teal'c went to his quarters probably to meditate. Jack headed to the locker room and Sam went down to the infirmary to talk to Janet.

Janet gave Sam a hug. "Hey Sam. How's it going? Everything good?"

"Yeah, it feels good to be tall."

"I bet, you had some vacation there." She laughed. "Sam, when you get a chance can you give Cassie a call?"

"Sure. Can't wait to talk to her. How is she?"

"Well, She'll be better once she gets to talk to you. She was a bit depressed."

"Oh, yeah sure, I'll call her tonight."

"You know, the Colonel spoiled you rotten." She grinned.

She laughed. "So everybody keeps saying."

"Anyway, I'm sure you have a lot of work that needs you in your lab so I'll talk to you later." She patted her back.

"Yeah. Bye." Sam went to her lab to see Colonel O'Neill pacing in front of the door. "Colonel? Is there something you need?"

"Uh, hey Carter. Just wanted to talk is all." He dunked his hands into his pockets.

"About what?" She slid her card and opened the door to her lab and they both walked in.

"Just some things. Hey, what should I do with all your stuff?"

"Oh, right... sorry. I hope I wasn't too much trouble for you." She was embarrassed.

"No, not at all. Missed being around kids. Getting you to take naps and going to bed was a bit of a challenge. And your room," He let out a sight. "Never got around to get you to clean that mess." He chuckled at the memory.

"Sorry about that. My mom always told me that when I was a child the one thing that I never did was clean after my self."

"Well, anyway, you have a lot of work to do, I'll see you at dinner." He turned to the doorway.

"Colonel?"

"Yes?"

"Thanks."

"You're welcome." He then left. 'So I'll tell her at dinner.'

*-*-*-*-*-*

Jack's House

Sam drove into the driveway. She wore a light yellow sundress with thin straps. She got the white summer short sleeved sweater and pulled it on. She got out of the car and lightly tapped on the door.

"Hey Sam, you look great. Come on in." Jack opened the door wider.

"Thanks, so do you Sir."

"Please, Sam, drop the Sir."

"OK." She smiled and then laughed.

"What?" Jack didn't see anything funny.

She sighed. "It feels like home here." She said. Having a warm smile on her face.

"It was." Jack just wanted to grab her and kiss her. Take her breath away. Lift her off the floor and never let her go.

"May I?" She pointed to the stairs.

"Yeah, go ahead." They both went upstairs and Sam went to her room.

She laughed. It was still a mess. "Wow, you should have yelled at me."

"Couldn't, you were too cute." Jack turned on the light.

Sam blushed. "Hey, it's snoopy." She grabbed the big dog that Jack had gotten her.

"Yeah, you remember you had the flu that day. Got me real worried."

"Oh yeah, the grape chalk." They both laughed at the thought.

"Hey, dinners almost ready."

"Kay." They both went downstairs and Sam placed her self at the counter watching Jack prepare their meal. He had made them spaghetti. Perhaps he was making if for old time sakes. At least this time it was in a plate.

"Mmm, smells good. I think your cooking skills have improved." She got out the plates and set the table. They sat at the dinner table and ate in silence. Jack seemed uneasy. "Is there something wrong?"

"No, just thinking."

"Don't hurt your self." She gave him a blinding smile that made his heart skip a beat.

"Hey, hey, hey," He wiggled his finger. "You all done?"

"Yes, it was delicious Jack." She got up and helped him with the plates.

"Thanks," He took the plates and put them into the sink. "That's okay, I got it." He then walked into the lobby and pulled out a shoebox. "Come here, I want to show you something." He opened it and revealed Sam's pictures. There were so many. She pulled out a handful and looked through them. Half were with her dog, and the other half was with him. They looked like a happy family. And it looked like she was constantly eating chocolate.

She giggled. "Who took all these pictures of us?"

"Janet, at the BBQ. Remember?"

"Sort of. You threw me into the pool." She jokingly jabbed him in the ribs.

"Hey..." He put on a hurt expression. "You had fun."

"Yes I did." Sam couldn't understand the emotion that was going through her, she felt like she was never going to see Jack again. She looked at the last of the pictures and they were of Jack. "I took these, didn't I?" She handed then pictures to Jack.

He wanted to cry. "Yeah. Do you remember what you said? It was the sweetest thing."

A single tear ran from Sam's eyes. "I never want to forget you." She whispered. Jack's eyes filled with tears. He looked away, not wanted her to see him cry. But she knew.

"I should get going. We're on duty tomorrow and we better get some rest." She got up and quickly gathered her things. "Dinner was great. Bye Jack."

"Bye." He said disappointedly. 'So I didn't get to tell her today.'

*-*-*-*-*-*

Sam's House

Two months worth of dust. She really had to clean the house. She went straight to her bedroom and went to sleep. She wasn't tired but all she wanted to sleep. The feelings she was having for her CO was overwhelming. And the dinner at his house, looking at the pictures and her room, so much she wanted, to love him and have him love her back.

She got up early in the morning and jogged around the neighborhood. When she got back she took a hot shower and let her muscles relax. She went to the kitchen to make herself some breakfast and opened the refrigerator. Then she remembered the food had gone bad. She put the juice back and closed the door.

"I guess I have to clean out the refrigerator as well." She went back to her bedroom, got dressed and headed to the mountain.

*-*-*-*-*-*

SGC

Sam was in the locker room first. So the rest of the team had to wait. When she got out, the guys were already there. Sam avoided looking at Jack.

"Morning Carter." He said.

"Morning."

"About last night," Jack started.

"Sorry for leaving so hasty." She said.

"Um, I..." Jack was going to tell her when Daniel interrupted "Hey! We're going to be late."

"I'll meet you in the gate room." Sam walked away. Why was she avoiding him?

"Yeah." Jack he said to no one in particular. And went in to the locker room to change. It would be better if he told her in privet anyway.

They all stood in front of the ramp getting ready for the blue shimmer. "Sg-1 you have a go." The general said over the PA. Jack looked back and gave Hammond a salute and walked in to the water illusion.

*-*-*-*-*-*

Jack was last to come through the gate, bumping into Sam while coming out. She lost her balance because of the weight thrown to her back. Before she touched the floor Jack quickly reached for her arm. "Whoa, sorry there Carter."

She straightened her self. "That's okay Sir."

"Okay Danny, I really get bored in these things to could you hurry things up a bit?" This mission was just for Daniel, just translating ruins. Hammond thought that they should go easy for a while.

After giving Jack the look of death Daniel and Teal'c started walking to the direction of the ruins. "What'd I say?" Jack gave an innocent look to Sam.

She only smiled. The pair walked behind Daniel and Teal'c. They didn't say a word. Jack would open his mouth to say something and then just shake it of and say 'Never mind.'

When they finally arrived at the site, Daniel went for the ruins like a kid to the candy store. Teal'c followed to keep an eye on him. Sam sat on a log and stared at the sky. It was starting to get dark and Sam could see the foreign stars.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Jack sat by her.

"Not worth a penny..." She was whispering.

"No, it's more."

"Is there something that you needed?" She snapped. She didn't know why she was acting like that to him. But she declared it as a natural defense system.

"God Carter, don't bite my head off." He held his hands up to show a sign of surrender.

"Sorry Sir."

"No need."

"Sir, if were done here I'm really tired so I want to get some sleep." She got up to snuggle into her sleeping bag. But before she got there she felt Jack's strong arms around her waist.

"I need to tell you something." That's all he said. She just stood there. Shocked that her CO was holding her. When she recovered she raised her head and looked up at his eyes. She was about to say something when he put his finger to her lips stopping her. "Shh..." He lent down to her face and kissed her passionately her head told her to stop him but her heart won. She replied and deepened the kiss.

"You know we can't do this again." She said, looking down at her boots.

"Well, I've been thinking about that." His eyes twinkled with mischievous.

"And..."

"I'm sure that General Hammond will look the other way. I mean don't you think that Earth owes us? We saved that planet so many times..."

"Jonathan O'Neill, what are you trying to say?"

"Samantha Carter, what I'm saying is... can we go steady cause you're keen."

She laughed, "I think you're keen too." She turned around in his grasp and kissed him again. They didn't even notice Daniel and Teal'c walking behind them.

Daniel thought that it was too good to be true. He looked over at Teal'c and said loud enough for the two lovers to hear, "Teal'c don't you think that Jack favors Sam? I mean we never get that kind of special treatments."

Sam and Jack jumped out of their trance and saw the two of them staring. "Aww, Danny, I had no idea you needed special attention." He went to Daniel and gave him a hug.

"What I meant was it's about time."

"Yes, Danny boy, it is." He looked at Sam. She looked more beautiful than ever, in the silvery light from the twin moons.

*-*-*-*-*-*

SGC

Hammond was sitting in his office, waiting for his 2IC to come into his office. He heard a knock.

"Permission to barge in Sir."

"Sit down Jack." He said in his best military voice.

Jack winced, he didn't think that it would be that hard to ask him if they could bend the rules a little. "Yes Sir."

Hammond was loving this. Before Jack had asked Hammond to talk, Daniel was in his office telling him what happened in detail. Hammond now owed Daniel $100. They were both happy with this. Hammond promised Jacob that he would take care of his daughter. And he was delighted that those two finally found their place. With each other. Now he was just having a bit of his own fun. Scaring the crap out of his 2IC.

"Sir I..." Jack was interrupted.

"Put a sock in it Colonel!" He was face to face with Jack. "Do you take me for a blind old fool?"

"No Sir"

"Did you think that you could hide a certain relationship with a certain Major?"

"No Sir"

"Well than what Colonel?"

"Uh, I could retire, and Major Carter can take Sg-1. She is highly capable, and then we, Uh, wouldn't... be in the... same..." He stopped talking because of his CO literally dying from laughing too hard. "Sir?"

Hammond straightened up his form. "At ease Jack." He sat on his bulky chair across from him. "Have a seat."

"What's going on?" Jack was really confused.

"Really Jack, did you really think that you could hide it? I knew from the day that she walked in here that there would be trouble. Didn't think that you both werethatstubborn though. Every look, every comment, I see and hear... I know. And I pulled you out of retirement once too many. Get a clue, I want you here on this base."

"So..."

"Major Carter will remain in Sg-1.Butif the relationship affects how the team functions, then someone has to go, and no more kissing in the closets or on base. Is that understood?"

"Yes Sir. Thank you Sir."

"Now get out of my sight."

*-*-*-*-*-*

Jack knocked on Sam's quarters. From there he heard a muffled 'Come in.'

"Hey there beautiful."

Sam looked up from her computer. "Hey yourself. How'd it go?"

"Apparently he knew. And his okay with it, unless it affects the team."

She gave him a hug. "That's great." She was about to kiss him when he told her.

"Oh yeah, he said that he doesn't want us to kiss in the closets anymore." Sam blushed.

"Sam?"

"Hmm?"

He looked into her eyes. Letting him get lost in them for a while. "I love you."

She smiled. She had been waiting to hear those words from Jack O'Neill. "I love you too."

*-*-*-*-*-*

End Part 5

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kitty S