Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

In Two Months 6: Will You. .

by Kitty S
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
In Two Months VI- Will You...

In Two Months VI- Will You...

by Kitty S

TITLE: In Two Months VI- Will You...
AUTHOR: Kitty S
EMAIL: KittyStrawBerries@Hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Challenge (#1,164), Romance, Series
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: any; sequel to Part 5
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: Jack has a question.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Okay, so I'm corny... :P

SGC

Sam and Jack had been together for a while now, although people on base knew about them, they stayed professional. They had fallen deeply in love and Jack wanted to take that final step of commitment. Jack called the radio station that Sam listens to and asked them to play a dedication song.

"Hello? Yes, OK, I would like to dedicate a song to someone." Jack told them over the phone.

"Sure, name of the song and artist."

"Only Time by Enya."

"OK, so what time do you prefer?"

"Uh, tonight at 7:00. Is that okay?"

"Yes that's fine. What would your message be?"

He chuckled nervously. "I was wondering if I could leave the message and you just play it."

"Yeah, we could do that. Hold on a sec. OK, when you hear that beep, you can start. Ready?"

"As I'll ever be." Jack stayed silent then he heard the tone. "Sam, I love you so much and I don't think that I could ever express it into words. I've loved you ever since you challenged me to an arm wrestle. You know that I'm not very good with words, for I am a man of very few words..." He laughed. "Remember that last time I said that? OK, to the point, what I'm trying to say is, Samantha Carter, will you marry me?"

"Wow, mister, that was really romantic."

"Uh, thanks. Can you play that right at 7:00? I don't want her to miss it."

"Of course not. Oh, yeah, full name please."

"Jonathan O'Neill."

"Okay, tonight at 7:00 we'll relay the message and play the song. Good luck."

"On what?"

"Her acceptance."

"Oh, that, thanks."

Sam was walking down to her quarter when Jack called her name and caught up with her. "Sam!"

"Hey Jack."

"Hi. Uh, listen I'm not feeling well so I'm, going to head home early. And I'm sure its nothing but I think I'll be going to my place tonight."

"Okay, are you sure it's not something serious? I mean, you never leave early."

"No, it's just a Headache."

"Well OK, I'll see you tomorrow then." She hugged him and gave him a light kiss on his lips.

"Bye."

Sam's House

Jack got permission to leave and when he did, his first stop was at the flower shop. He bought a ton of red roses, and a beautiful crystal vase. He took them over to Sam's place and started to stage her house. Setting it so that when she got here, he could take her breath away.

It was about 6:20 when Sam came home. Very close. Jack heard the jiggling of her keys and waited by the door to surprise her.

Sam was startled. "Geez Jack! You scared me. What are you doing here? Are you OK? Did yo..." She stopped when he placed his index finger to her lips. He moved away from her face, giving her a view of her home. She let out a gasp and walked towards the dinner table.

He had been a busy boy. The table had a thin white cloth with red rose pedals sprinkled over it. And the room was dimly lighted with the two long cream candles. "Take a seat." He said, putting his hand at the small of her back, guiding her to the table.

"Jack, what's the occasion?"

"Shh, you're going to ruin it."

They ate dinner and during dinner all Jack would talk about was how much he loved her. He then turned on the radio and asked her to dance. They were some songs that they can slow dance to. Sam saw that Jack kept on looking at his watch. "Need to be somewhere?"

"No, no, just waiting."

"For what?"

"Just wait."

Just then the song was cut short and they DJ over the radio started to talk. "I have a special dedication song to be played tonight for Samantha Carter from Jonathan O'Neill."

Sam looked into his eyes with awe. She was about to say something when she heard a familiar voice over the radio.

"Sam, I love you so much and I don't think that I could ever express it into words. I've loved you ever since you challenged me to an arm wrestle. You know that I'm not very good with words, for I am a man of very few words..." He laughed. "Remember that last time I said that? OK, to the point, what I'm trying to say is, Samantha Carter, will you marry me?"

Sam was shocked. She turned back to Jack to see that he was down on one knee. In his hand the held an engagement ring. "Sam, will you be my wife?"

Once again she was stunned. She let the tears from her eyes fall and nodded. "Yes." She whispered. Jack smiled wide and slid the ring into Sam's slender finger. They hugged, kissed and danced to the song that Jack had dedicated to Sam. Listing to the lyrics while swaying to side to side.

Who can say where the road goes

Where the day flows

Only time

And who can say if your love grows

As your heart chose

Only time

Who can say why your hear sights

As your love flies

Only time

And who can say why your hear cries

When your love lies

Only time

Who can say where the roads meet

That your love might be in your heart

And who can say when the day sleeps

If the night keeps all your heart

Who can say if your love grows

As your hear chose

Only time

And who can say where the road goes

Where the day flows

Only time

Who knows- only time

Who knows- only time

When the song ended Jack carried Sam to the bedroom where Sam was shocked for the last time. Her bed was covered in rose pedals and in the center of her bed lied a crystal vase filled with rose pedals with a single rose.

"Jack, I didn't know you were such a romantic."

"Hey, you learn something new everyday."

"Yes, I do."

You know what happened next... :X

End Part 6

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kitty S