Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Waiting For the Day 2: Glory of Love

by Little Heaven
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Glory of Love

Glory of Love

by Little Heaven

Title: "Glory of Love" Part 2 in theWaiting for the Dayseries.
Author: Little Heaven
E-mail:cielita2689@aol.com(feedback is more than appreciated. Comments andConstructiveCriticism only please. Any nasty things will be deleted.)
Status: complete
Categories: Action-Adventure/Romance
Pairings: Daniel/Other, Sam/Martouf established, Jack/Freya now established
Spoilers:
Sequel: Waiting for the Day Series, Part 3, "Thank You for Loving Me"
Rating: approximately PG-13 considering some of the more interesting behavior characteristics of Jack and Freya...
Content Warnings: AU, mushy stuff,minor character death
My first SG-1 Mary Sue!
Series
Answers challenges 911, 867, and 1021
Disclaimer: You know the drill - I don't own any of the characters, settings, or any identifiable object having to do with SG-1EXCEPT Danielle. She's my character.Also includes lyrics of the song "Do You Love me That Much?" and the title, "Glory of Love" are both courtesy of Peter Cetera's musical wizardry! Thanks a bunch for your terrific music!

Challenge #911
I would like to see a story where a new member joins SG-1. Must be female and must be like Daniel in most ways. Must fall in love with Daniel and her name must be Dani. Everyone whumping, must be lengthy. Have fun!

Submitted byEmma

Challenge #867
I'd like to see a story exploring the relationship between Sam and Martouf (yes I know he's dead but indulge me!!!). It doesn't have to get mushy if you don't want it to but please don't turn it into another S/J romance story (not that I don't like the idea but I think there are enough floating round). Have fun.... Submitted byDenara Q

Challenge #1,021
Okay, Jack gets really bored during one of the more "scientific" missions and ends up teaching the natives hockey. Good luck.

Submitted bySandman

{Skritch, scratch, skritch-skritch, shwoosh}

Major Samantha Carter listened as her friend obviously worked very hard at whatever she was drawing. Sam tried desperately not to interrupt her, and soon, the pencil sounds slowed to a stop, and Sam peered into the living room to see Dani fast asleep on the sofa, her drawing beside her on the coffee table. Sam was stunned. Dani had drawn Daniel and done an incredible job. She portrayed every laugh line, every shadow in perfect detail, and the way the light hit his face and softly landed in his sandy hair; the way the same light played on his muscles and highlighted his dimples. His glasses were perfect, his eyes were shiny, and his handsome jaw line gave his artist a dashing smile. There was only one thing more interesting than the portrait's passionate perfection...Daniel was, well...

'Ding-dong!'

Sam flashed a look at Dani to see if the sound had awakened her. Seeing that it hadn't, she went to answer the door.

"Daniel, hi!" Sam whispered. "What's up?"

"Um, is Dani awake? We need to talk." Daniel said.

"So I heard." Said Sam. She slowly stood back to allow him inside, waiting to see Dani's reaction. He walked into the living room and saw Dani's drawing. He was awed. No one had ever drawn him before. Not only that, Dani had never seen him without a shirt on, so it intrigued him to see that she was able to portray his figure so well. He was nearly brought to tears by the inscription of song lyrics she had given it.

"Sometimes at night I lie awake

Just to watch you sleep; hear each breath you take

When the morning lights your face

I just want to hold you and forget the day

I live and breathe your every touch,

Do you love me?

Do you love me?

Do you love me that much?"

Daniel knelt beside the couch, close enough to feel her breath leaving her nostrils.

"I do, Dani. I really do love you. I just wish you would talk to me." As Daniel stood, a tear from his eyes dropped to Dani's picture. He turned to leave and Sam halted him.

"C'mon, let's go in the kitchen and talk for a while." She said.

"I got to thinking after she left. I remembered my mom and dad, and how happy they were when I was little. They loved archaeology, but more than that, they loved each other and they loved me. That's why I was there in the museum with them the day they died.

"I remembered going and peeking in on my parents one morning. Dad was awake, watching mom sleep. He looked almost spellbound. I told myself ever since that if I ever found a woman that affected me that way that I would never let her go." Daniel said.

"So what happened?" Sam asked, cradling a cup of coffee.

"I screwed up. I had her in my arms and I let go. I did something I never thought I would do. I...I called her Shau'ri! I never meant to hurt her, Sam. You know, I know the song she took that passage from...Do you have a piece of paper?" Daniel asked.

When Dani awoke the next day, she found the piece of paper near her drawing and the still-drying teardrop on the page. She sat up slowly and opened the note.

"When you look at me across the crowded room,

Suddenly I want to be alone with you

I hang on every word that leaves your lips

Anticipate the moment, when I feel your kiss

To feel love for you is not enough

Do you love me?

Do you love me?

Do you love me, that much?"

I do love you that much, Dani. The past weeks have been better than anything I can remember. For me, family is very hard to come by and I've lost so much...having you in my life has been like music to my heart. I can never adequately express what your presence means to me. I can never tell you enough how sorry I am about the other night. You saved me from a life that could have been spent searching for another Shau'ri...a person I would never have found. Instead, God sent me you. I have never been so happy as I am with you. I can't tell you I love you enough to even come close to how I feel. Please, if you get this in time, come back to the SGC so we can talk. I will love you no matter what you decide.

My love forever, Daniel

Dani nearly fainted. She fingered the damp splash of tear that had landed on her artwork and realized that Daniel must have been there.

"Sam!" Dani called. Sam emerged from the upstairs still toweling her short hair.

"Morning!" She said. "Dani, what's wrong?"

Dani showed her Daniel's note. Sam nearly cried.

"What did he mean, 'in time'?" Sam asked. Suddenly, the worst-case scenario floated through her mind.

Dani packed her things faster than she dreamed possible and she and Sam went back to the SGC. Dani rushed down the hall to she and Daniel's office.

"Daniel!" She cried. She got to the doorway and saw that his desk was clean and neat. We're talking immaculate. Daniel was never that neat. He was also not there. Terrified, Dani ran down the hall to the sleeping room where she and Daniel had last seen one another. He wasn't there. Jack wandered down the hall to where Sam and Dani were standing.

"Yeah, Daniel left with SG-5 for a diplomatic mission this morning. What's going on between you two? He said something about it not being fair that Sam and I had a family. Whatever he meant by that." Said Jack.

"When is SG-5 coming back?" Dani asked.

"I dunno." Said Jack. "Look, he'll be fine. He's traveled with SG-5 before. Just chill out, besides, we have a mission briefing in 30 minutes." Said Jack.

The remaining four members of SG-1 met for their briefing and gated to the next world, both Sam and Dani very uneasy about what they might come home to.

SG-5 still had not come home days later when SG-1 returned. Dani retired to her office and started a new piece of pottery that she and Daniel had been trying in earnest to translate. Hours later, Sam walked into her office. Dani turned down her headphones when she saw Sam.

"What's wrong?" She asked. Dani had just managed to convince herself that Daniel was okay and the note had meant simply that he would be gone with SG-5. The look on Sam's face changed her mind.

"We can't seem to get a lock on SG-5. We can't even get a signal through to the planet they were going to. We're in the dark. We won't know anything until they try to contact us." Said Sam. Dani couldn't stop her heart from pounding.

"General Hammond said we should go home. Do you have a spare key for Daniel's apartment? You are staying with him, right?" Sam asked. Dani nodded.

"I just don't know if I want to be alone, tonight." Dani said, fighting the tears in her eyes. Sam nodded and offered her a ride home.

When she got home, Dani made something small for she and Sam for dinner, and then sat down with her sketchpad. For some reason, the pencil wouldn't move--her thoughts wouldn't come. It was like she was burned out. Sam tucked her into the bed in Daniel's guest room later on, and went back to the living room. As she sat down, there was a sound like someone trying the lock on the door. Sam perked up and looked as a familiar brunette form with his hands full of books and maps and drawings worked his way in the door. Sam fought to keep calm as she helped Daniel drop everything on the island in his kitchen so she could hug him.

"You had us all so worried!" Sam said, burying her head in his shoulder. He hugged her, but the person he was really waiting to see was a stones throw away.

"Wait, where's...." he didn't finish the rest of his sentence, because the object of his inquiry was standing in the hall.

"Daniel!" Dani cried, letting Daniel pick her up and swing her in a circle in his arms. "I was so scared! They told us that they lost SG-5's signal and I thought about all the horrible things I said to you and then your note and all I..." Daniel interrupted her to kiss her soundly, wiping her tears away from beneath her glasses with his thumbs. Dani looked at him with as much passion as her green eyes could muster.

"All I wanted was one last chance to tell you how much I love you." Dani said, sniffling away what was left of her tears.

"The magistrate that we were meeting asked me if I had a woman in my life. I said I did, but that I had accidentally hurt her feelings very badly and I didn't know if she still wanted to be with me. He took me to this friend of his who does the most incredible, intricate jewelry, and I had something made for you." Daniel said, pulling a velvety pouch out of his pocket.

"It's not a diamond, which is actually what you deserve for putting up with me, but I knew how much you liked amber, so..." Daniel pulled the ring out the pouch and showed it to her. It was amazing. There were tiny silver dolphins on it, rising in an arc around a perfectly rounded piece of amber. The jewel practically radiated orange light, and the gold band had the look of ripples on an open sea. It was like a sunset.

"Daniel..." Dani couldn't finish. She was too stunned.

"Will you marry me?" Daniel asked, practically holding his breath for her answer. Dani's nod was all he needed. Sam began to cry behind them as Daniel and Dani once again melted into one entity in a kiss. Daniel and Dani each hugged Sam then, and hugged her again as she got ready to go home. Once Sam had gone, Daniel thought to ask Dani about her drawing. She only smiled.

"That night after the barbeque, when we fell asleep on the sofa, I memorized every muscle, every line, every shadow of you. Your eyes and the way you smile so that your dimples show, how long your eyelashes are, the color of your eyes - I memorized it all. Then that night last week, when I thought I'd lost you, I blurted it all out on paper. Ask Sam, it couldn't have taken me more than three hours to do. Full scale portraits usually take me a solid day." Dani said, sinking in under his arm.

"Sometimes at night I lie awake

Just to watch you sleep hear each breath you take

When the morning lights your face,

I just want to hold you and forget the day

I live and breathe your every touch

Do you love me?

Do you love me?

Do you love me, that much?" Dani sang, looking at her new fiancé. Daniel smiled and picked up the next verse exactly as he had written it in his note to her.

"When you look at me across the crowded room

Suddenly I want to be alone with you

I hang on every word that leaves your lips

Anticipate the moment when I feel your kiss.

To feel love for you is not enough,

Do you love me?

Do you love me?

Do you love me that much?" Daniel sang back to her. He never thought himself much of a singer, but when he was with Dani, he could have been Pavarotti. The familiar song by Peter Cetera was still on their minds when they once again fell asleep on the sofa--this time on purpose. That night, Dani's ring became their vow not to consummate their relationship until after they were married. Their Catholic faith meant more to them now than ever before.

Later that night, Dani must have been having a terrible dream, because she fell off the couch, hitting her head on the coffee table. When the warm body beside him suddenly made an exit and he heard the pain-filled cry of his beloved, Daniel awoke to find Dani on the floor, crying and holding her forehead.

"What happened? Dani, let me see." Daniel said, joining her on the floor. The bump was turning into an ugly bruise, and Dani was still wailing in pain. Daniel went for the kitchen, retrieving a cold pack that he uses on his own various injuries. Now it was her turn. It felt good to have someone to take care of.

He managed to get the swelling to go down and calm Dani to the point where she was willing to tell him what happened in her dream.

"It was terrible. We were on a mission to a world where the MALP readings said it was deserted, but we were ambushed. They were a strange alien race with silent weapons. It felt so weird when you fell and I didn't hear any shots being fired. I was scared and I tried to run to help you. You had fallen by the stone ruins near the gate and I could only faintly see the shots being fired but I couldn't hear it! You were dying and there was nothing I could do - I couldn't even move! There...there was so much blood! Did I ever tell you how much I hate blood? Then the most horrible thing happened: the cover-stone on the ruins fell and crushed us!" She said. For a split second, Daniel froze; his parents had died when a cover-stone in a museum had fallen on them.

"Shhh. It's okay, I'm here and nothing's going to happen to me or any of the others." Daniel soothed. They were still sitting on the floor, and it was going on 3 am.

"C'mon. I have an idea." Daniel said, helping her up from the floor. He took her by the hand and led her down the hall to his room.

"Daniel, we promised..." Dani warned gently.

"I know, I just thought it would be harder for you to fall out of a bed than off a sofa." Daniel said. Dani smiled, she detoured to the guest room to change her clothes, and then joined Daniel in the other room. With a grand sweep of his hand, he offered her his bed. She laughed as Daniel tucked her in and then tucked the end of the sheets back in, sufficiently securing her to the bed. Then he crept in on the other side and pulled her close to him, wrapping his arms around her. After he lightly kissed her ear and whispered goodnight, both of them fell easily asleep.

"Good luck, SG-1!" said General Hammond as the team passed through the gate the next morning.

"Daniel, I have a bad feeling about this mission." Dani said, recalling the dream she had had the other night that had ended in a head injury.

"It was just a dream, sweetheart. I promise, everything is going to be fine. We're going to go and find out if there are any interesting ruins or great big temples and maybe if we're lucky, we'll find a friendly alien to translate it all for us." Said Daniel, hoping he had not patronized her.

"Oh, honey, I thought translating was half the fun!" Dani teased, feeling better about the mission. Daniel smiled.

When they were finished with their abbreviated briefing, Dani and Daniel turned their eyes toward the massive temple in the distance. It was built so that the Stargate was right in line with the setting sun.

"It's beautiful, Daniel!" Dani exclaimed as she shielded her eyes from the brightness of the sun.

"I see it! I see it now!" cried Jack.

"What?" asked Sam.

"That look! They always get that look when they want to go and explore to their little hearts' content." Said Jack, complete with mock excitement. Daniel and Dani rolled their eyes and the team continued toward the temple.

SG-1 never knew what hit them. One by one, everything in Dani's dream happened. It got all the way to the point where Daniel had fallen. However, he had not been hit by a silent projectile, he had tripped over an object and tumbled to the ground. Dani rushed to cover him, occasionally looking to make sure he was all right. They were on the steps of the temple when Dani remembered what had happened at the climax of her dream. She stowed her weapon long enough to look up. The huge pillars holding up the cover stone were trembling. Dani took hold of her teammate and love and dragged him away from the steps just in time for the cover stone to collapse. They could hear Sam scream from a distance. She thought they were still beneath the fallen rock. When the cover stone fell, the aliens had fled, leaving SG-1 to pick themselves up out of the rubble.

"Daniel!" Dani cried, shaking his shoulders.

"Huh? What? What's going on?" he mumbled. Good, he was all right. It was a relief when he opened his eyes and reached for her.

"Dani? Dani, are you okay?" he continued.

"I'm here, Daniel, I'm here. Daniel, this is just like my dream!" Dani cried.

Oh my God!" He muttered, forcing himself to sit up and look at her. When the rest of the team caught up with them, Colonel O'Neill was not happy. Not only had the MALP readings been false, and his team nearly killed, but one of them had had some vague recollection of similar events and hadn't told him.

"You wouldn't have believed me!" Dani cried.

"Regardless, you withheld information that could have potentially changed the outcome of this mission. How did you get off world in the first place? We've been with the Stargate program from day one. Why didn't we notice? How can we trust you?" Jack said, backing Dani up against a tree.

"I was part of a top secret covert operation with SG-10. I went off world once, and then took the gates from one world to the next. SG-1 was not on base that day. You would never have known unless the general told you. Now that you made me blow a classified mission would it be possible for me to get out of the line of fire of your P90, sir?" Dani growled.

Jack O'Neill practically pushed the rest of his team back through the Stargate. Teal'c had been characteristically silent during the mission. He wasn't entirely sure that O'Neill had done the right thing in bringing up Dani's past at such an inopportune moment, but he was their commanding officer, and it was not his place to argue.

On the other side, Dani stumbled through the Stargate and fell to the ramp. Right before she had gotten to the event horizon, Jack had given her a good hard shove. When they emerged, Daniel went to help her up but not before Jack could make his intentions known.

"General! Get her off my team!" he shouted, pointing at Dani. General Hammond got to the gate room just in time to stop Dani from making a hasty exit for the locker rooms.

"Colonel, I'd like to know what happened first before I make any kind of assumption as to what to do." Said General Hammond.

"She almost got my team killed, General." Said Jack, pulling off his hat.

"How so?" asked General Hammond.

"It appears that Dr. Keller's dreams are prophetic. An ability she did not know she possessed." Said Teal'c.

"Sir, there was no way she could have known that her dreams were prophetic and by the time she realized it, she also realized that the silent weaponry disabled our radios." Sam said. "Besides, she did figure it out in time to save Daniel's life and her own."

"Narrowly saving her own." Added Daniel.

"Dismissed." Said General Hammond. "I'll see you all at the debriefing."

"It'll be okay, Dani. Don't you worry." Sam soothed, squeezing Dani's shoulders.

"What if he does succeed in getting me off the team?" she asked.

"He can't do that. The whole team has to agree to kick to you out and you saw for yourself, even Teal'c defended you, and Teal'c doesn't defend too many women." Sam said, pulling her black t-shirt over her head.

"But Jack is the CO. You can't tell me he doesn't have more pull than the rest of us do." Said Dani, pulling a brush through her long hair.

"That may be, but you have to know by now that General Hammond knows Jack better than most of the rest of us do. You can't go entirely by what Jack says. He treats us all like we're his family. He was terrified when that cover stone fell." Said Sam.

"Yeah, you should have been under it. Daniel was unconscious and I swear it was a pure adrenaline rush to have to pull him out of the way and make sure I got out too." Dani continued.

"I'll bet. After all you and Daniel have been through I can't imagine not having you on the team. The maps you've been drawing have been an incredible help." Sam said, replacing her engagement ring on her hand.

"I've been learning to do them on the computer. The topography of some of these worlds has been amazing!" Dani exclaimed. She and Sam were still talking when they got to the briefing room. When she sat down, Daniel looked at her for some sign that she was okay. She lightly nodded to him as she pushed her ring back onto her hand. She and Sam never wore their rings on missions. They were too precious to them to lose.

The debriefing went smoothly. General Hammond had talked to each of the team members individually, asking each what had happened and if Colonel O'Neill's demand that Dani be removed from the team was founded. Each of them had said no except the colonel. He felt that Dani had jeopardized the mission by not telling about her dream, and the others maintained that none of them knew that she had prophetic dreams and there had been no other reason to say anything about it. General Hammond upheld the opinion of the majority of the team...Dani would stay. When the general said that Dani could stay, Daniel squeezed her hand beneath the table. He was so relieved.

That night, SG-1 gathered at a favorite restaurant to celebrate Daniel and Dani's engagement and that of Sam and Martouf. Martouf hadn't been able to be there, but Sam was still happy nonetheless.

"Hey, Dani?" said Colonel O'Neill as she and Daniel arrived.

"Yes, sir?" she asked.

"I want to apologize to you for what's been going on between us. I've been a...well...I've been a jerk and you really have been doing your best, so what do you say, are we friends?" Jack said, waiting through the pause before her answer.

"Yes sir." She replied, smiling at Jack and Daniel. It had taken a lot for Jack to apologize, and she was proud of him. She took Daniel's arm and all three proceeded into the restaurant where Sam and Teal'c were already waiting.

"Here's to good times, good friends, and the time honored tradition of falling in love." Said Daniel, nodding to his bride to be.

"Here, here!" his friends enthused as they toasted each other. Life was good. What else does one need when one has a family of friends?

Sirens wailed and red lights flashed the next day at the SGC. The Tok'ra home world had been sabotaged, and they had radioed the SGC begging for help. Several strategically placed bombs had gone off, injuring many. SG-1 ran for the gate room. They had only to look at General Hammond to discover that they had a go.

SG-1 appeared on the other side of the gate to see a disturbing sight. Their gate room was one of the first places to be hit, and they had suffered many casualties. SG-1 had come with supplies to help with the recovery effort. Two other bombs had been found in the immediate vicinity, but those had been diffused in time. Now the mourning for those who had been lost could begin.

Jack O'Neill didn't know what to do. He held out hope that his beloved Freya had not been in the path of one of the bombs. He and the team, assisted by Sam's dad, Jacob, also known as the Tok'ra Selmac, they cleaned up the areas and uncovered the bodies of the dead.

The more Sam helped to do, the more difficult it became not to let her emotions interfere with the mission. She came to the corner of a room, pulled up some debris, and sat back, startled.

"What is it, Sam?" Asked Jacob, peering over his daughter's shoulder. There, in the rubble, was Freya. Sam gingerly felt for her pulse...nothing.

"Dad..." Sam said, looking up at him. Jacob beckoned and Sam stood up, melting into her father's arms and beginning to cry. "How are we going to tell Colonel O'Neill?" Jacob couldn't answer; he was heartbroken. It wasn't until hours later that the disaster was under control, and SG-1 felt comfortable leaving the Tok'ra to finish the process and begin the investigation into who had committed this heinous crime.

It was the look on Sam's face that told him that Freya was dead. She didn't have to say a word. Jack had never really been much with emotions, so losing someone he deeply cared about was a feeling he had only encountered once before. Years ago when his young son accidentally shot himself with Jack's gun. It was going to take him some time to grieve.

Throughout the whole day, Sam had not seen Martouf. She didn't want to hope too much or jump to conclusions, but the silver ring on her dog tags tugged at her heartstrings. Before her father could tell her why she hadn't seen him, the gate activated, and a familiar form materialized on the platform. Sam couldn't keep still. She looked frantically at Jack, her eyes pleading for permission just this once to be a woman instead of a soldier. Jack nodded gently, and Sam dropped her pack and weapon to smother her fiancé.

"Martouf! My God, I thought I'd lost you!" Sam wept, holding him as tight as she could. She had never been so relieved. Martouf held her face in his hands, his own eyes bright with emotions.

"I was hoping you would be here, Sam. I heard what had happened and I feared that the SGC would have been hit also because of our alliance. But here we both are, alive." Martouf said, unable to let go of Sam's shoulders.

"I love you, Martouf." Sam murmured, reaching up to kiss him.

"I love you, too, Samantha." Martouf whispered. "I love you so much."

Daniel and Dani snuggled into bed that night, not quite able to sleep. As hard as they tried, the memories of the past day haunted them.

"How does that work, Daniel? How do the people we love slip through our fingers without the slightest provocation?" Dani asked softly.

"I don't know. Maybe it's because once in a while we need to be reminded that life, as much as we love it, comes to an end. Everything has a time to be born, a time to live, and a time to die. It's the time in between that birth and death that we have to make the most of. We have a responsibility to bring the best of what we have to this life before it's over." Daniel said wrapping his arms around her. Both were glad the other was alive, but both mourned the loss of a friend. Dani snuggled back close into Daniel's arms and made herself go to sleep. Tomorrow would be another day.

The next morning, SG-1 gathered at the SGC, minus one. For the first time in years, Colonel O'Neill took the day off. He was at home, on his couch, staring out the window. In his hand was a small box. He played over and over in his mind what he had planned to do.

"When you studied our culture, what did you learn about courtship?"

"That it varies from person to person, and that it ends with the couple becoming betrothed."

"Well, what would you say if I were to ask you to becomemybetrothed?"

The day of the attack on the Tok'ra home world, Jack had bought a ring for Freya. He knew exactly what he would say to her and how he would ask, but it was too late now. The funeral service at the SGC would be brief, but Jack wanted to be there. He put on his dress uniform, all pressed and clean, and went to the Complex.

When he arrived, his friends gave him looks of sympathy and sadness that paled in comparison to what he was feeling. He walked up to Freya's body, dressed from head to toe in white, and lightly stroked her face. Fighting his soul for control of his emotions, he placed the ring on her hand and gently kissed her lips.

Some in the room cried, others left the room, unable to take the sadness of the day. Sam braved the crowd and joined her CO near the body. She, too, was wearing her dress uniform, and sniffled away tears as she gently squeezed Jack's shoulders. Would he ever love again? It was hard to say. Jack was such a private man. Sam couldn't help but think 'How can Daniel and I be planning weddings when Jack has just lost someone dear to him?'

In the chairs near the back of the room, Dani was thinking the same thing. She and Daniel were putting the finishing touches on their wedding plans, with one of the last things being Dani choosing her wedding gown and gowns for her bridesmaids. It all seemed so out of place in her mind when she was at a funeral. In a moment of thought, she made up her mind what she could do for Jack.

All that afternoon and until midnight that night, Dani worked like she had never worked before. Daniel went into the workroom of the apartment to see what she was doing and found her putting the finishing touches on a framed piece of her artwork. Daniel took another bite out of the apple he had in his hand and kissed her shoulder before peeking over it. Dani stood up and smiled as Daniel's face reflected his surprise. Before him was a portrait of Freya, the natural pout of her lips, the blush in her cheeks and the delicate complexion that made her so beautiful perfectly intact and undisturbed by death. Her blue eyes were calm, and her expression quiet and reflective, just like her nature.

"This is amazing, honey." Daniel said, "Jack's going to really appreciate it."

"I hope so. I would really hate to make the whole thing worse." Dani replied. She knew that this was so hard on Jack.

"What's that?" Daniel asked, gesturing towards a covered frame in the corner of the room.

"Don't you dare peek at that. That's your wedding present from me and now that you know what it is I have to find a new place for it so you won't be tempted to peek." Dani said. Daniel chuckled.

"Do you really think I would peek? If so then you don't know me very well." Said Daniel.

"Oh, I know you very well, Dr. Daniel James Jackson. That's the precise reason I'm hiding it again." Dani teased.

"Well, Dr. Danielle Marie Keller, I hope that you will like your wedding present from me just as much." Daniel shot back, waiting to see if he had gotten a reaction.

"Well, Dr. Jackson, I believe I will." Dani said defiantly, returning from the back room as Daniel meandered to the kitchen.

"And how do you suppose that?" Daniel asked, tossing his apple core up in the air and catching it in his mouth before he crunched it.

"Because I just know you that well." Dani said, draping her arms around his shoulders and waiting until he had swallowed his apple before rewarding him with a lingering kiss. Their wedding was three weeks away, and the suspense was going to be well worth the wait.

**END PART 2!! **

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Little Heaven