Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Waiting For the Day 3: Thank You for Loving Me

by Little Heaven
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Thank You for Loving Me

by Little Heaven

TITLE: Thank You for Loving Me
AUTHOR: Little Heaven
EMAIL: cielita2689@aol.com
CATEGORY: Action/Adventure
PAIRING: Daniel/other, Sam/Martouf
SPOILERS:
SEASON / SEQUEL: 5
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: minor character death, sexual situations
SUMMARY: Part three of the series [Waiting for the Day]. Daniel and Dani tie the knot, and everybody's favorite invisible Goa'uld pays the Tau'ri a visit. Sequel to Waiting for the Day. Challenge response to #911, #867, and #1021.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

"Have the two of you even…" Jack O’Neill didn’t even get the rest of the sentence out.

"No we have not. We made a promise when I asked her to marry me that we wouldn’t make love until our wedding night." Daniel said.

"How quaint!" swooned Jack, leaning back and spinning in Dani’s office chair. "Why?" Jack continued.

"It’s a Catholic thing, Jack." Said Daniel, a little more defensively than he had intended. Daniel had always been Catholic, but Jack had never questioned his religion before. It was important to both he and Dani that they uphold their religion.

It was obvious that Jack was bored. It was Friday night, about 11:30 pm, and Daniel was tired. Dani had gone home early, intending to stop at the florist’s shop and the caterer’s on her way. Their wedding was three days from now, and both of them were floating on air.

"So, I read in her file that her parents are dead. Yours are dead too." Said Jack.

"So?"

"So, who’s going to walk your bride down the isle?" Jack asked.

"Actually, we thought about that, and Dani said she would go solo." Daniel said.

"Well," Jack said, getting up from his chair. "There’s no reason her Commanding Officer can’t do it, is there?" Daniel stared up at him over his glasses. They hadn’t thought of that, and even if they had, they didn’t want to impose.

"What are you saying, Jack?" Daniel asked, tapping his pencil on the desk.

"I’m saying I want to walk your gorgeous bride down the isle of that fancy church you two picked out on the most important day of your lives. Can I do that?" Jack asked, his customary sarcasm already out to get them.

"Actually, Jack, I still need a Best Man. And seeing as you and I have known one another for so long, I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind filling that capacity instead." Daniel said, pausing to wait for an answer. Jack was honored. He smiled and patted Daniel’s shoulder on his way to the door. Once there, he stopped.

"That still leaves me with two questions." Jack said.

"Shoot."

"Did you have a bachelor party yet?"

"Um…no."

"And who’s gonna walk Dani down the isle?" Jack added with a hint of exasperation.




The next night, Daniel found himself being ‘kidnapped’ from the SGC early to go with Jack to the bachelor party he had planned. There was drinking, guy stuff (a.k.a. a stripper) and a full scale game of roller hockey in wait for Daniel when he arrived. Back at the apartment, the girls were giving Dani a bridal shower. They oohed and ahhed at the beautiful gifts she received, and they all partied till night became day. The wedding was now so close the bride and groom could taste it.

"You called for me, General?" Dani said, peeking in the door of General Hammond’s office. He chuckled at the sparkle in her eyes.

"The formality isn’t necessary today, Dani." He said, offering her a hug.

"I never expected this, Uncle George. When I came here I never imagined that I would fall in love." Said Dani. She hadn’t told the team until just a few days ago that she was Hammond’s niece, (his sister’s daughter) and that he had offered to walk her down the isle on her wedding day. He was wearing his dress uniform, stripes and all, and was ready to follow Dani and Daniel to the church for the ceremony.

In the bride room, Dani was patiently letting Sam zip her wedding dress for her in front of the mirror.

"Dani, you’re so pretty!" Cassie said, straightening Dani’s train.

"This dress is amazing, Dani. I want one just like it." Said Sam, ribbing Dani.

"There’s not enough room in this dress for me and the sandwich I had for lunch." Dani said, smoothing the satin in the mirror. She looked up from the miles of satin and lace and was awestruck. Cassie smiled and sat down to let her mother finish her hair and Sam finished setting Dani’s veil into the nest of curls on her head, and she pulled the soft tulle over her face.

"This is it, Sam. I’m becoming Mrs. Daniel Jackson today." Dani said.

"Actually, in about 10 minutes, Dani." Said Janet, looking at her watch.

The procession left the dressing rooms minutes later to line up. Daniel was already down near the altar, his ushers leading the guests to their seats. He was so nervous. He had never actually gotten married before. Shau’ri had been sort of a gift to him from her village. The adrenaline of this day charged him like a bolt of lightning. This was the day he and Dani had been waiting months for.

The music began to play, and the procession began. Slowly, two by two, the attendants filed down the isle. First Teal’c and Janet, then Cassie and Dominic, and finally, a very proud Sam and Jack. The song ended, and the whole church stood to await the bride. When the doors opened and allow Dani to begin her own procession, the crowd went deafly silent. She was beautiful. Her dress lightly shimmered in the soft lights, and the organ boomed in the background. When she reached the altar and took Daniel’s arm, her smile was more radiant than anything Daniel had ever seen. It seemed like forever before the magic words were spoken.

"With the power vested in me by the state of Colorado, I now pronounce you man and wife. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Dr. and Mrs. Daniel J. Jackson."

The church erupted into applause. Daniel and Dani looked one another with the love of a thousand lifetimes in their eyes. Daniel gently lifted her veil and took her face in his hands as he leaned in to kiss her. Then he took her hand and the two lead the procession out of the church. They were bombarded by birdseed on their way to their limo and then again when they arrived for the reception. They danced the night away and escaped for their honeymoon directly afterwards. Daniel carried his 5’3" bride over the threshold of their home to collect their luggage and drove off for their honeymoon. They didn’t tell anyone where they would be so that they couldn’t be reached, but little did they know that they could be found anyway.

Daniel and Dani Jackson were hardly in the door of their cabin when they dropped their bags in the foyer to kiss one more time. Their bags wouldn’t make it to their bedroom before they did. Daniel peeled Dani’s light spring jacket off her shoulders, making it clear that they had waited long enough for this. His hands couldn’t seem to decide where to go first. Dani made short work of his jacket, shirt, and was on her way to his belt when her blouse hit the floor. Daniel took hold of her and turned them the right direction so that when he pushed her backwards they landed on the huge bed in their room.

Dani shrugged off her bra and Daniel paused in awe; she was incredible.

"You are so beautiful!" he murmured. The reverence in his tone was enough to send Dani reeling. She was losing the battle to concentrate as Daniel’s kisses meandered lower on her body.

"Daniel…" Dani gasped, "There…no, lower…Daniel!"

Daniel almost lost control. Gently, slowly, as if to savor what it felt like, Daniel closed the space between them and made them one.

The only sounds from the room were those of their lovemaking, the air between them crackling like firecrackers in the dark. Their glasses had been discarded long ago, their clothes were everywhere; marking the path they had taken across the small cabin. The trail was littered with rose petals, and the whole room was scented with Chamomile, Valerian, and Lavender. Nothing could have been better.

The next day, Daniel and Dani Jackson spent their time cooking, reading, hiking, napping in the hammock, and swimming in the little lake beside the cabin. That night resembled the night before, only this time it was sweeter, slower, a little less labored, as if the urgency was over, and now they were ready to take their time and get to know every inch of one another.




The two were resting silently in each other’s arms when the cell phone rang. Dani and Daniel exchanged looks, each knowing that this would happen sooner or later. They let it ring mercilessly before finally giving in.

"Hello?" said an obviously upset Dani.

"Hey, kids, how’s the honeymoon?" said a rather perky Jack O’Neil. Dani thought she was going to have to open the window and chuck the cell phone into the lake.

"With all due respect, you better have one damn good excuse for this, sir." Dani growled.

"Well, tell me what you think of this," he said, "Carter’s gone missing, and we need you guys back here so we can go off-world and start searching."

"Did you guys check on the Tok’ra home world?" Dani asked.

"Yeah, we did. Come to think of it…women." Said Colonel O’Neill, realizing that they may be in more danger than they previously conceived.

"What?" Said Dani, switching the phone to the other ear.

"Both of the people that have disappeared have been women. Sam and the Tollan’s High Chancellor Travell." Said Jack.

"I have been having an eerie apprehensive feeling. Almost as though we were being watched." Dani said.

"Tell Daniel he is now ordered not to let you out of his sight. If you have any more weird dreams, you tell me, got it?" Jack ordered.

"Yes, sir." Dani said, turning off the cell phone and flopping back onto her pillow. She explained the situation to Daniel, and they started packing. When she finished, Dani went to take a nap. Maybe her dreams would yield an answer or two.




"NO!" Dani screamed. "Stop! I’ll do anything you ask! Please don’t!"

Daniel ran to the bedroom and shook her in an attempt to wake her. She did eventually wake up, fighting to control her heartbeat.

"Daniel, we have to get back…now." Dani said, smoothing her hair with a quivering hand.

"What did you see?" Daniel asked.

"It was terrible. Sam and the High Chancellor are in some big trouble if we don’t hurry." Dani said.

"Who’s holding them? Are they together?" Daniel continued.

"A woman. There…there was fire everywhere. It was so hot—almost smoldering. Tell the Tok’ra not to get involved yet." Dani finished.

"Why? Martouf is going to be furious." Daniel asked.

"He’s going to be dead if he doesn’t listen to me!" Dani almost shouted. Daniel nodded and kissed her head before the two left their cabin retreat and headed back to the SGC.

"What’s going on?" Dani asked, as she and Daniel arrived in the conference room.

"Dr. Jackson tells us that you wish us not to be involved." Said a distinctly alien voice before her.

"Hello, Selmac. I did not say it that way and I’m sorry that you took it as such, but if my instincts are correct, an attack now could be disastrous." Said Dani.

"What makes you so sure of your instincts?" Selmac prodded.

"Dr. Jackson is capable of prophetic dreams. She used such a dream to save Daniel Jackson’s life." Said Teal’c. Selmac’s head tipped to his chest for a moment and his host was able to speak.

"Okay, which of you is Dr. Jackson?" Jacob Carter asked.

"We both are." Dani and Daniel said simultaneously. Momentarily, SG-1 had to smile. Having two Dr. Jacksons was going to be interesting.

"Forgive us, Jacob, we were just married two days ago." Said Daniel.

"I see." Said Jacob. He was still mildly irritated but the meeting went on. "And you say that you dreamed that Sam and Chancellor Travell are in danger?"

"I knew that Sam and the Chancellor had gone missing, but I had no idea to what extent the danger was when I fell asleep." Dani said.

"And what extent is that, Mrs. Jackson?" Jacob pursued, trying the patience of everyone present.

"Doctor Jackson, and I believe that if the desired effect is not achieved by a previously specified deadline, they will be tortured and/or killed." Dani said.

"So, what are we saying?" asked Colonel O’Neill.

"We’re saying that we need to know exactly what this little fiasco was intended to do and what is expected of the parties involved. I can sense that things are already tense." Dani said. "We need to know the deadline, and what will happen if the desired effect is not accomplished."

"So, what you’re saying is, someone needs to go in undercover." Said a voice. The people in the room turned to see Martouf standing in the doorway.

"Martouf, what are you doing here?" Asked Selmac.

"That’s my fiancée out there—I’m not just going to sit and do nothing." He said.

"We care about Sam too, Martouf. We just don’t need you going out there and getting killed before we can figure out what to do here." A voice said.

"What are you suggesting we do, Narim?" asked General Hammond. Narim was one of Tollana’s highest ranking officials, and a dear friend to SG-1. They had been expecting him.

"Jack, Daniel and I will go. We don’t know what we’re dealing with, and we don’t need any surprises." Dani said.

"Do you think that’s wise? With an enemy that’s out there collecting women?" Jack commented.

"I have a plan." Dani said.




Chancellor Travell screamed mercilessly as her captor lashed out with a whip and it licked a trail of fire across her bare back.

"Now, you will tell me what I want to know." A voice as alien as her looks purred.

"Never." Travell growled through her clenched teeth. The pain was unimaginable, and the blood had all rushed from her arms, making them tingle. The tall, lithe brunette widened her brown eyes. This being amused her. The Chancellor was smaller in stature than she was; yet her endurance and determination were admirable.

"Leave her alone. She isn’t the one you want." Sam spat from behind them.

"Major, don’t." Travell pleaded.

"You would rather pick on a defenseless woman older than you? Fight someone your own equal." Sam challenged.

"Foolish creature. You would challenge Nurrti?" She asked, turning to Sam. Sam pressed herself against the bars of her cell, coming face to face with Nurrti.

"Just you and me. No weapons, no words. Woman to woman." Sam said.

"You yourself have naquada in your blood. You cannot use a hand weapon?" Nurrti teased.

"Let me out and we’ll see." Sam said. Cautiously, Nurrti opened the cell, curious as to why Sam would challenge her. The two circled one another like lionesses about to do battle over prey. Sam picked up a hand weapon and slipped the cool metal over her hand and wrist. It felt foreign to wear it, but she was ready to fight.

Nurrti began the battle with a well-placed blast from her weapon. Sam reacted by bringing her own weapon up to chest level. It worked. In her instinctive move, Sam made the weapon create a force field around her. Her confidence bolstered, Sam looked at Nurrti, a renewed sense of purpose about her. If Nurrti wanted a fight, she was going to get one.




The ring transporter in the room down the hall set into motion and three people materialized in the center of the room. Daniel, Danielle, and Jack looked briefly around the room, waiting to be ambushed. When they realized that the coast was clear, they looked around the room, listening for signs of life. There had been a ring transporter near the place where that had last detected Sam’s signal.

They heard the weapons blasts and took off cautiously down the hall. They had a sneaking suspicion that Sam was not the kind of woman to take being kidnapped lightly. Therefore the weapons fire didn’t surprise them.

They could hear the High Chancellor’s voice as they came closer, finally locating the room they were being kept in. Jack peered around the corner and watched the battle, being careful not to alert Sam or Nurrti to his presence.

The three members of SG-1 were stunned. They hadn’t seen a look like that on Sam’s face since the Entity had taken control of her body so long ago. Nurrti was smiling in amusement. Sam had been able to land one or two shots, but she was still getting used to the hand weapon. It was not clear who would win if the team were to leave them be. Daniel, taking a position on the other side of the door, aimed his zat gun at the Goa’uld woman. He would have to be especially careful. The way the two were hovering around one another, there would be a severe reckoning if he hit the wrong woman.

Dani peeked around the corner, looking to see if she could find the Chancellor. When she spotted her, she, Jack, Daniel and Teal’c exchanged sign language as they planned what they would do.

While Jack and Daniel plotted, Dani slipped into the room toward the helpless Chancellor.

She was nearly to the Chancellor when she heard gunshot outside the room. Just as planned, both women bolted, each of them thinking that the other’s plan was about to be ruined. Sam took advantage of Nurrti’s distraction and landed a weapon blast nearly point-blank into Nurrti’s back. When she fell and didn’t get back up, Sam dropped her weapon and ran to the door. She had seen a flash of green and suspected that the others had attempted her rescue. Seeing Jack, she smiled momentarily.

"Everything under control, Carter?" Jack asked. Sam nodded and turned to see Dani helping Chancellor Travell down from her position on the slave cross. It wasn’t a cross in the Christian sense of the word. It was more of an X shape, and there were shackles hanging from it from which to secure a prisoner. Travell was badly hurt, and her back was still bleeding when Sam got to them.

"Sam, there’s someone else here." Dani said, looking around the room uneasily.

"Are you sure you’re not just feeling Nurrti?" Sam asked, helping to hold the Chancellor on her feet.

"I don’t know. Is there someone from Tollana waiting for us back home?" Dani asked.

"Narim had things to attend to but wanted to be kept posted. How did you know that?" Sam answered.

"I don’t know. It was just…intuition." Dani answered. " I still feel someone else here but I can’t tell who." Dani said as they began to head for the door. Suddenly, a rustling made Dani whirl around and pull her zat from its place at her waist. She turned just in time to see Martouf standing over Nurrti. His own weapon bared, he was preparing to finish her. Sam had taken the Chancellor to the ring system and ran back to cover Dani. She got there in time to see Nurrti suddenly jump from the floor and throw Martouf across the room. Before Dani or Sam could get a clean shot, Nurrti had her weapon nearly touching Martouf’s head as unnatural energy coursed through his veins. He screamed, blinded by the pain that the hand weapons caused. Dani extended her arm to shoot and Sam stopped her.

"You don’t have a clean shot! You could hit the cross and ricochet!" Sam warned.

"If I don’t do something, Sam, the man you’re planning to marry will die!" Dani shouted back. She aimed the weapon again and this time, she fired. The shot penetrated the slave cross and mortally wounded the adversary. Both she and Martouf fell to the ground. SG-1 ran to them, pulling Martouf out of the line of Jack’s P90.

"Martouf!" Sam cried, cradling him in her lap.

"Samantha?" he murmured.

"Yes, I’m here." She answered. "Martouf, why did you come?"

"I…I couldn’t leave you here. Nurrti would have killed you." Martouf said, fighting the darkness invading his eyes.

"But the others came, Martouf. They could have helped me, you didn’t have to do this." She continued.

"I…I didn’t want you…to think I wasn’t brave enough to save you, Samantha. I fail…failed Jolinar…I didn’t want to fail you."

Sam wept unchecked tears. Martouf couldn’t possibly have saved Jolinar and she knew it. Still, he felt he had been a failure.

"I need to tell you something, Samantha." Martouf said.

"Anything." Sam said. The whole team was now gathered around them.

"I need to thank you." He said, still stalling getting to what he really wanted to say.

"For what?" Sam asked.

"Thank you for loving me…my Samantha. Don’t be afraid…I’ll always be in your heart." Martouf said, taking his last breath. Dani stood, resting a hand on Sam’s shoulder.

"Take as long as you need. We’ll go back to the rings and get a gurney to take him back through the gate with us." Dani said, tears of her own dropping from her pomegranate cheeks. As soon as the team left the room, they could hear Sam doubling over Martouf’s body, as she held it tightly in her arms, and the sounds of her heartbroken sobs of mourning. Dani couldn’t help but cry too as Daniel shepherded her toward the rings.

"Daniel?" Dani said as they neared the gate.

"What is it, angel?" Daniel answered.

"Don’t you ever do that to me. I swear, I’ll lie down and die beside you." Dani swore.

"I love you, too, precious." Daniel said, hugging her close and kissing her head.




When they had returned to Earth, a very disappointed General Hammond awaited them. He had told Martouf about Dani’s prophecy, and he had ignored it. He was not willing to let this go. Beside him stood the stalwart presence of Jacob Carter. Jacob knew that Martouf was in over his head, but he simply wouldn’t listen, and now he and Selmac’s greatest fear had been confirmed. Dani had been right—a Tok’ra had been killed on this mission, but the Chancellor of Tollana was safe and now recovering in the infirmary, and now there was the dilemma of finding out why Nurrti wanted the Tollan to start a war with Earth and vice versa.

"SG-1 managed to secure Nurrti’s body. If somehow her symbiote lived, we may be able to get some information from her." said General Hammond.

"No." Said Dani.

"I beg your pardon?" General Hammond said.

"She’ll never talk. It’s not in her nature. She knows that she’s too valuable to us alive for us to kill her." Dani replied.

"Then how do you propose we get her to talk?" Jack asked.

"Let me try. Teal’c, come with me." Dani ordered, walking out of the room.




"What do you intend to do?" General Hammond asked, following her down the hall.

"Well, General, call it a hunch, call it instinct, but I think I can…well, it’s probably best if I just show you." Dani said, rounding the corner.

They had been right—Nurrti’s symbiote had lived, and she was beginning to heal. Dani stood over Nurrti and told her to wake up. The sultry villainess gave SG-1’s second civilian archaeologist a defiant look.

"Dani, I’m not sure that this is the right time…" Dr. Fraiser began, but General Hammond rested a hand on her arm.

"It’s okay, Doctor." He said.

"What is it you wish to know?" Nurrti purred. Dani only stared intently at her.

"Dr. Jackson?" General Hammond began.

"Patience, please General." Dani replied, not shifting her gaze from the Goa’uld system lord before her. Suddenly, Nurrti reacted in pain. Doctor Fraiser lunged for them, and Dani once again held them back.

"It’s okay, Janet." Dani said.

"Get out of my mind!" Nurrti screamed.

"War…between the Tau’ri and the Tollan would…draw the other system lords." Dani began.

"STOP!" Nurrti shouted.

"She would have been able to destroy a number of them…she has an army in waiting not far from here…My God, General!" Dani gasped.

" What do you see?" Daniel said, walking into the infirmary.

"What she was doing to the Chancellor and Sam was to get the location of the control mechanisms of the ion cannons…" Dani said, beginning to shake.

"What for?" General Hammond demanded.

"…She would have blown Tollana clear to kingdom come." Dani said, turning to the General, "And then she would have come after us."

As soon as Dani’s concentration was released from her, Nurrti collapsed back into unconsciousness and Dani passed out from her exertions.

A little later, Daniel was standing over his wife, lightly running a hand over her face when she awoke.

"What’s happening?" Dani asked, obviously weakened.

"Well, we found out that my wife is a national treasure." Daniel said, a momentary smile lighting his features.

"Whuh…what do you mean?" Dani asked, blinking hard and reaching for her glasses.

Daniel handed her the spectacles as he answered her. "You’re a mind reader, honey. You read Nurrti’s mind."

"Where’s the Chancellor?" Dani asked.

"I’m right here, Doctor Jackson." Said a familiarly stately voice.

"High Chancellor, good to see you back on your feet." Dani said, grasping her hand.

"I owe you a debt of gratitude. You’ve saved my people and me. Now, it’s our turn." She replied.

"What do you mean?" Daniel asked.

"Right now, Tollan forces are aiding the Tau’ri in creating a joint defensive plan. We have an enemy right where we want her. We should take advantage of it." Travell said.

"Thank you, Travell." Dani said, gently. Daniel could only stare as the highest-ranking officer of Tollana gave his wife a lovely smile and patted her hand before leaving the room.

"What was that all about?" Daniel asked.

"I’ll tell you some other time. Can we go home? I don’t think you and I ever exchanged gifts." Dani said, sitting up.

"I’ll go see if Janet will clear you." Daniel said, kissing her lightly on the lips.

"Thanks, honey." She said.




"It’s good to be home." Dani said, putting the last of her things away once they had gotten home. They still had a few wedding presents from friends to open and send thank yous for. But there was one gift that Daniel was eager to see.

"Dani, honey, did we ever exchange gifts?" Daniel asked.

"No, we didn’t, did we?" Dani replied, making a fast break for their bedroom. She returned with the large frame that she had been working on weeks before the wedding. Daniel slowly pulled the cover off and sat back in awe. Dani had drawn them. A gentle breeze swept at her hair, and their arms were securely wrapped around one another. There was an air of calm around them and a quilt draped over their legs. The posture was sleepy—two exhausted people snuggling up on the couch after a long day.

"Dani…" Daniel stammered. She had drawn them from the night that they had thrown the party and fallen asleep on the couch. "How did you do this? Was it your telepathy?"

"Actually, no. Sam snapped a picture of us while we were asleep. She said it was so adorable she couldn’t resist. See how well our friends know us? They knew we were destined for each other from the start." Dani said, allowing Daniel to place the portrait carefully on the coffee table before she kissed him.

"Here. This one’s for you." Daniel said, handing Dani a small box.

"Another alien jeweler?" Dani teased. Daniel smiled at her gentle ribbing.

"No, not this time." He said. Dani opened the box and was stunned at what she found. Inside was a book written in an ancient language. She lightly fingered the words.

"The Bible." Dani whispered.

"You’ve always told me how much you wanted a Bible written in Aramaic, so I talked a few scribes on P7X-654 into hand-writing me a copy of my people’s Scriptures in their language. They were more than happy to oblige. I never told them that it was a wedding gift for my wife but it was fun to see them get so excited.

"I’ve been working on this for months…Jesus Christ would have spoken Aramaic, right?" Daniel didn’t have the opportunity to finish the story. It was the most meaningful thing anyone had ever done for her. Dani ended Daniel’s sentence by pulling his face to hers and sealing their exchange of gifts with a lingering kiss.

"So that’s what you spent all those long nights at the base doing? You were copying the New Testament?" Dani said, still in a little shock over the overwhelming work that went into the hand-written, hand-finished work of literature in her hands. Jesus Christ spoke Aramaic, and Daniel knew that that was the driving force behind her desire to have such a book. Dani’s faith ran deeper than anything about her, and it only made Daniel more proud of her. They spent a peaceful night, not knowing what was happening at the SGC at that very moment.

"Unidentified traveler!" the intercom shouted all over the base.

They couldn’t catch her even if they wanted to. They couldn’t see her. She had managed to get her hands on her invisibility device, and escaped in a glimmer of a faint outline passing through the Stargate.

Early that morning, Dani awoke in a cold sweat.

"What’s wrong, honey?" Daniel asked, pushing his glasses onto his face.

"Nurrti’s gone!" She stammered, still catching her breath.

***END PART 3!! ***

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Little Heaven