Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

It's a Little Bit Funny

by Lorelai Gerret
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
SG1_Lorelai_It's a little bit funny

It's a little bit funny

by Lorelai

TITLE: It's a little bit funny
Author: Lorelai
Email: lorelai_gerret@hotmail.com
Category: Romance, Action/Adventure
Pairing: Daniel/other
Season: any
Rating: PG-13
Content Warnings: language
Status: Completed
Summary: daniel falls in love with a very special someone
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors. the song appearing in this story is "your song" by elton john, and i do not own that either.
Author's notes: please tell me what you think!

It's A little bit funny, this feeling inside by

Lorelai G.

"So I'll see you guys at the party tonight, ok?" asked Samantha Carter as she was walking with her teammates in the direction of the base's parking lot.

"Sure Carter, you can count on me dressing in my most unusual costume," said Colonel Jack O'Neill, half-laughing.

"You mean, more unusual than last year?" asked Daniel Jackson.

"Much more" he answered. "Prepare to be stunned".

"I think we were stunned enough when you walked in last year with your smurf costume" laughed Sam.

"That simple blue paint was nothing compared to what I have planned for tonight. I will totally kick your asses in the contest". Said Jack.

Sam, Daniel and Jack said goodbye, and each entering his/her car, they drove home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel rang the bell. He was wearing a Zorro Costume. Janet in a witch costume opened the door. "Hi there Janet, how are you?" he asked. "Fine, thank you Daniel", she answered. "Nice costume- I take it you don't play along with the colonel".

"What, is he here already?" he asked.

"No, no... but I can't wait to see what he's up to this time!" laughed Janet.

Daniel smiled and walked into the room where the party was. As he entered, all the heads were turned towards him. Apparently everybody was waiting for Jack O'Neill to enter. He looked around, looking for Sam, and when he couldn't see her anywhere, he went over to the drinks table and reached his hand for his favourite beverage can. "You are the first person I've seen that drinks this stuff", said a voice behind him. He turned around, and saw a beautiful woman, dressed in a cat woman costume- a tight black leather outfit. She had big blue eyes, and raven black hair. Daniel choked on his drink.

"Em... excuse me?" he asked.

"I said, you are the first person I've seen that drinks this stuff. I thought I was the only crazy person who drinks it", she said.

"Well, this makes us two crazy people who drink it" he said.

She smiled brightly, showing perfect white teeth. She reached for a can herself. "By the way- great costume", she said.

"Thank you". Daniel lowered his look. He wasn't too good in the situation of facing a beautiful woman.

"So- who is this O'Neill guy everybody's been talking about?" she asked.

"Oh- well, em... he's a colonel in the air force. Likes to make big entrances on Halloween parties" he said smiling. "Really?" she said, "do you know him?"

"Yes, I work with him".

"You're in the air force too? You don't look like a soldier... no offence..."

"None taken. I'm not a soldier, I'm a citizen who works for the air force." They turned to walk for a couch and sit down.

"What do you do at the base?" she asked

"I... I'm... nothing special, just the usual... you know..."

"I see...?" she smiled. They turned to sit on a free couch.

Daniel smiled shyly. "So... what do you do for a living?" he changed the subject.

"I'm a singer" she said embarrassed. "Wow, a singer... that sounds nice..." he felt her embarrassment.

"That's nothing compared to the air force", she said

"You have nothing to be ashamed off"

"I don't know... I'm only doing this because I couldn't find a better job"

"What do want to be?"

"I have a masters degree in Computer science from NYU, but I travel a lot, so no one wants to hire me"

"Really? Impressive..." he laughed. "Don't give up- keep searching".

She looked into his eyes. "I won't, thank you". They spent a long hour talking on the couch.

"So.. where do you sing?" he asked.

"At a little pub called..." before she finished the sentence, the doors opened, and Colonel Jack O'Neill entered the room, wearing the most unusual costume Daniel had ever seen. It was a combination of Ru- Paul and Mimi from "the Drew Carey show". Everybody got excited, and clapped their hands, and O'Neill looked very pleased with himself. Daniel started laughing and turned to face the girl, only to find she was no longer sitting beside him.

"Hey Daniel" Sam called, "come over here". She was wearing a long blue dress, and had a mask on her face. He walked towards her. "Isn't this great?" she asked, "just when we thought he couldn't go any farther..." he smiled. "That's Jack-he'll do anything for attention", He said. She nodded, "so hey- I thought of a way to work out the little problem we had today with the computers, I was thinking... " She looked at him and saw he wasn't too interested in what she had to say. His eyes were wondering through the room. "Earth to Daniel" she said, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing, nothing..." he answered. She gave him a 'give-me-a-break' look. "Come on Daniel... you can tell me" she said.

"Ok, I spoke to a girl earlier... a nice looking girl" he chose his words carefully. "And she just disappeared in me".

"What did she look like?"

"Tall, Dark hair, blue eyes, cat suit..."

"I don't know, haven't seen anyone with a cat suit around here, you want me to check with Janet?"

"No, no.. it's OK... nothing would have happened anyway..."

"Don't say that- don't be too hard on yourself, maybe she liked you!" she said, and before Daniel could stop her she already walked in the direction of Janet. He decided to go outside to get some air. This always happened to him. He met a gorgeous woman, exchanged a few words with her, and then either she disappears, or he finds out she's married with 3 kids or something like that. He stepped outside and froze. Out on the back porch, he saw her. She was even more beautiful now in the darkness. He started to walk towards her, but before he could do that, she raised her hands and disappeared into thin air. Daniel was shocked. 'This is a first' he thought. He walked to the place where she was standing a moment ago. No sign of her. she just vanished. He looked at the floor, and picked up a card. 'Looks like a business card' he thought. The words "BLUE MOON" were written all over it. "Hey Daniel!" called Sam behind him. "What are you doing out here?".

He thought for a minute whether to tell her what he saw. "I.. wanted some air". He smiled.

"Well, I spoke to Janet" she said.

"And...?"

"She says she doesn't know her"

"Funny, but I knew this would happen", he said sadly.

"Don't be upset... let's go inside and tease the colonel!" she smiled, and they walked into the house.

**********************************************************************

Daniel arrived to the SGC on Sunday morning. "Well hello there Jackson!" yelled O'Neill behind him.

"Jack- good morning... congratulations on the winning last night." said Daniel. Sam joined them.

"Told ya I'd kick your ass"

"You sure did", he laughed.

"What happened with that girl you met?" asked Jack.

"What? Sam! I can't believe you told him!"

"Really, Daniel I'm hurt..." said Jack cynically.

"Sorry...we drank the punch, and somehow it slipped" said Sam

"Oh, don't be upset Danny... you can't blame Carter for worrying about you... so it slipped, so what? Sue us!"

"Maybe I will!"

"Come on! Don't be a baby!" said Jack.

Daniel stopped in his place, looking amused at Jack.

"So... was she hot?" asked Jack

"Sir, please..." said Sam.

"Kidding! What happened?" he asked

"Nothing, what could have happened? She disappeared on me"

"Ouch".

"Yeah... I'd better forget about her"

"You seem sad... what are you doing tonight? Let's all go somewhere!" asked Jack. Daniel thought for a second. He wasn't exactly in the mood, but if he'll refuse, Jack would be all over him all day. "Ok, why not" he said finally. "All right!" cheered Jack "a little bit of beer and women and you'll be a new person."

That night, at eight o'clock sharp, Jack pulled Daniel out of his house. "Listen Jack, I'm not in the mood for crazy things..." he said. "Who said we're going to do anything crazy? We're just exploring".

"Exploring? Yeah right- I've heard that before".

"Relax, we won't end up in jail if that's what you think"

"That's exactly what I was thinking"

"All we're gonna do is go to a lovely Pub down town. I heard lots of single women go there"

"Sam's coming too?"

"Yep"

"Good, she'll keep an eye on you, you don't need me there". Said Daniel, but Jack grabbed Daniel's hand and pulled him to the car.

They arrived down town. Jack parked the car. They got out of the car, and went to a little corner pub, with the sign "BLUE MOON" above it. Daniel stopped. That was familiar. 'Blue moon! So that's probably the place she sings in!' he thought. He smiled to himself. "What are you so happy about all of a sudden?" asked Jack.

"Nothing, nothing..." he said.

The place was smoky and crowded. They spotted Sam sitting behind the bar. "Hi there Carter" said Jack. "Three beers" he said to the bartender. Daniel moved his eyes on the room, hoping to see the girl that entered his mind and wouldn't leave it. His hopes didn't come true. At the end of the night, he was without the girl, and without Jack, as Jack had found himself a "lovely lady" as he called her, and had spent the entire evening with her, leaving Sam and Daniel alone at the bar. "Well, I've had enough. I think I'll leave" he told Sam.

"Wait up- I'll go with you" she said. Daniel and Sam turned to leave the place. He couldn't stop thinking about the girl. 'Damn it, I don't even know her name!' he thought, 'but I'll find her somehow'. "Are you coming?" Sam asked, and Daniel walked towards her.

The next night, Daniel returned to the blue moon. He had to find out what was going on no matter what. He entered the tiny pub and there- singing on the stage was the lead singer of the blue moon. Daniel's breath stopped. She was amazing. She wore a long black dress, and her hair was taken back with a clip. She looked like a princess. He set at one of the free tables. She was singing Madonna's "Crazy for you", and her voice was tender and smooth, he felt it was reaching him. After the singer declared she was taking a five-minute break, Daniel rushed to the stage. "Hey there, remember me?" he asked.

"Em... yeah..." she said, her eyes lightening, "you're the crazy person".

"I'm the crazy person" he said, "you remembered".

"I never forget people I like" she said. Daniel blushed.

"How did you find me? I didn't get a chance to tell you where I was singing"

"That's why I need to talk to you. You see..." he started. "Em... I have to go on again..." she said. "But why don't you stay here, and when I get off we'll have a drink"

"Ok, sure" he said. He went back to the table. She went on stage again, singing Elton john's "your song". Daniel felt dreamy. He couldn't get his eyes off her. 'I'm so shallow' he thought, 'being interested in a girl just because she's gorgeous'. He waved this thought away and continued to listen to her with his eyes closed.

"And you can tell everybody this is your song
it may be quite simple, but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind
That I put down the words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world..."

Half an hour later she finished singing. She smiled at Daniel and got off the stage to walk towards him. "You're great" he said, "I mean- you have a great voice". He blushed. She smiled shyly.

"Thank you em..." she suddenly remembered she didn't know his name.

"Daniel, Daniel Jackson" he introduced himself.

"Nice to see you again Daniel" she said, "I'm Alexandra Parker, Alex...". They shook hands. "So- what did you wanted to talk to me about?" she asked.

"Em.. I'm not sure how you're going to take this..." he started

"What? What happened?"

"You remember the night of the party right?"

"What about it?"

"Well, after Colonel O'Neill walked in, I turned to face you and you were gone..."

"Yes, I remember, I went out to breathe"

"Well- that's the thing. So did I. You see, I saw you. I mean- I saw what you did"

"I have no idea what you're talking about" she laughed nervously.

"Come on", he said, "I saw you disappear like a flash".

"Did you taste the party punch?" she asked with a very serious look

"Yeah, what's that got to do with anything?"

"Well, that explains it- I know for a fact that this punch contained a large amount of alcohol. I mean- larger than usual"

Daniel couldn't believe his ears. "Are you trying to say I was drunk?"

"You said it- not ,me"

"That's ridiculous! I only had one cup"

"Sometimes that's all it takes..." she said.

"Look, I know what I saw, OK? There's something very strange in you, Alex"

"I already told you I have no freaking idea what you're talking about!" she raised her voice. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I don't want to continue this conversation!" she got up angrily and left the place.

Daniel sat there speechless for a moment, and then turned and walked out himself.

*****************************************************************

Daniel opened the door to his house. He had just got back from a 5 day long mission to P482X, and although it was very challenging, he felt that he had to get some sleep otherwise he'd faint. He looked at the mail he just got from the mailbox. He turned on the lights without raising his head. He put the mail on the kitchen table, and turned to walk into the living room. He froze in his place. There, in his living room couch was Alex, sleeping. He walked over to her, and touched her shoulder. She opened her eyes and screamed a blood-stopping scream that made Daniel Jump. "Gees!" he yelled.

"Oh my god! You scared the hell out of me!!" she said. Daniel looked shocked.

"Me? What about you? What are you doing in my house? How did you find me? What... what do you want?" he tried to calm his heartbeat.

"I really need to talk to you" she said, looking scared. 'This looks serious' Daniel thought.

"All right, what is it?" he asked.

"First you have to promise me you won't say a word to anyone. This is a matter of life or death"

"I promise". His blue eyes scanned her face, trying to find out what she's about to tell him.

"Well... I have... some special abilities..."

"Abilities?"

"Special abilities" she pointed.

"What are you trying to say?"

"Ok, Fine. There's no easy way to say this, so I'll say it clearly: I'm... I'm a witch"

Daniel choked. "A witch? There's no such thing as witches, I think you're the one who's drunk now"

"Daniel, I'm serious"

"Yeah- and I'm Queen Elizabeth, now would you please tell me what's going on?"

"You don't believe me" she sighed heavily.

"I don't believe you! Do I have a reason to believe you? First you disappear on me, then you walk out of a conversation with me after accusing me of being crazy, and now you break into my house and tell me you're a witch!" he himself was stunned by the way the words came out.

"Give me your hand" she said after a short embarrassing silence.

"What? Why?"

"Just do it! You don't believe me, so I'll have to prove it"

"How, you're going to turn me into a frog?"

"Well, if I do- I'll make sure to break your glasses! Now give me your damn hand!" she said angrily. After some quick thinking, he gave her his hand. She looked at him shortly, and then raised her hand over his. For Daniel's amazement-a glowing ball of light appeared in his hand. "God!" he said, "what the hell is that?!". She smiled, happy that she was right. "That is an energy ball, and you owe me an apology mister Elizabeth". Daniel still couldn't believe his eyes. Alex raised her hand over his again and the ball disappeared. "Ok- explain" he said, still out of breath.

She sighed again. "I come from a long line of witches. The abilities are passed through generations to the first borns. My mother was a first born, and she passed it on to me, but she was killed when I was 3 years old, and I was raised by her sister Jessica who inherited some of her abilities... are you ok?" she asked, it seemed like Daniel was about to throw up. "I'm fine, please go on..." he said breathlessly.

"Well, now I've grown up, she wants to take advantage of my powers because I'm far more powerful than she is. I've tried to escape far from her but every time she seems to get a hold on me!" A tear came down from her eye. "I can't let her have them, she will do horrible things with them... she wants to take over the position of the superior witch!"

"But she has powers too, isn't that enough? Couldn't she do it already?" asked Daniel.

"The power of the first born is the most powerful one. I have abilities she doesn't" she said. "So in order to get my powers and combine them with my mother's - she'll have to kill me"

Daniel nodded. "I see" he said, "please go on".

"Tonight she showed up at the blue moon and made a big mess. She said that if I don't go with her she'll turn me in to the authorities and make sure that I'll be researched and dissected. She can expose the entire legacy! I can't bare that thought"

"But she doesn't have any proof, does she?" asked Daniel

"She has herself- she's a witch too"

"So in order to turn you in she'll have to turn herself in"

"Well, she doesn't really care about that, she can disappear"

"But so do you! I saw you!"

"No, no... it's not disappearing, I just turned myself into a cat"

"Oh...I get it. So where do I come in?"

"I really need your help... the minute she came in tonight I thought about what I'll do next and I thought of you..." she lowered her head "you're the only person I've spoken to more than 5 seconds in this town. Can you help me escape?"

"You don't know anybody? What about Janet, you were at her party"

"I... I sneaked in" she said.

Daniel thought for a second. "Then I'll help you I guess..."

She felt relief. "Good", she said, "I just hope she won't find me this time, or I'm as good as dead".

"You have to end this story, you can't escape forever or she'll really kill you. That's not a game," he said.

"But what can I do? I can't kill her! She's my mother's sister!" she said.

"Relax, all we need is a good plan... I'm good at that" he said.

Alex raised her head and looked at Daniel. Before Daniel could notice, she gave him a big hug "you have no idea..." she started to cry.

"Hey... no need for tears..." he calmed her, "we're going to end this, all we need is a plan" he repeated.

She wiped her eyes and smiled a sad smile. "Now that we got everything clear", he said, "do you have a place to stay?"

"Em...yes, I do..." she said, lowering her head again. Daniel lowered his head to and looked into her eyes with a look that said 'I- know-you're-lying' until she raised her head and looked at him. She sighed. "The manager fired me after tonight, and the job included housing... so I'm practically homeless"

"Well, then you'll stay here. My house is your house". Alex shook her head. "I can't stay here..., this is your house... besides, I'll have to find another job".

"Maybe I can help with that, you see, we need a computer expert on base. I'll throw a good word on you, but please stay"

Alex felt she couldn't thank him enough. "I know we started kind of bad... but I'm so sorry..."

He smiled. "Don't worry about it. Besides- I've never known a witch before... so- what else can you do?"

They set in the living room the whole night, talking and laughing, and Daniel totally forgot about the tiredness he felt just a couple of hours ago.

********************************************************************

The next morning, Daniel arrived at the SGC. He knocked on General Hammond's door.

"Come in!" said the General on the other side of the door. Daniel got in the room, and sat down infront of the general.

"General, I really need to talk to you" he started.

"What is it, Doctor Jackson?" asked the General, and Daniel told him the story of Alex. "I see", said the general as he finished, "so you're offering to let her work here with the staff".

"Well, yeah, I mean- she has qualification...and she's in real trouble"

"Mm... I'll think about it and get back to you, in the mean time- you have a briefing in five minutes". The general reminded him as Daniel stepped out of the office and started on his way into the briefing room.

When Daniel got back home, he was amazed to find it clean and tidy, like he'd never seen it before. It seemed like Alex spent her entire time cleaning it. "Hi Daniel, how was work?" she asked him as he stepped in.

"Em... fine, thank you... did you do that?" he asked.

"Yeah, I... wanted to thank you for letting me stay here"

Daniel smiled. "That's very nice of you Alex"

She blushed. "I.. I spoke to someone today about you working at the base" he said.

"Really? And?" she asked.

"He said he'll think about it, but I think you have a good chance"

"I hope... a military base would be the perfect hide place from the evil witch" she laughed. 'Em... are you hungry?" she asked, "because I can make you a great dinner, I'm a good cook...".

"Actually, why don't we go out for dinner?"

"Go out? Isn't that dangerous?"

"Don't be scared, you have me... come on- it'll give us a chance to talk" he said.

"Ok, sure. Just give me a second to change".

"I'll wait".

"Oh you won't have to wait that long" she smiled. She raised her hands and in a split second she changed her clothes.

"I.. .would have to get used to that" he smiled, and they went on their way.

After dinner, they decided to go on a little walk. There was a strange silence between them, and someone had to break it. "So..." she started. "Tell me something about yourself too, I want to get to know you".

Daniel looked surprised. "Me? I'm not interesting".

"Don't be ridiculous, I'm sure you're very interesting"

"How can you tell?"

"I'm a witch, remember?"

"How can I forget..." he laughed.

"I'm kidding... I can tell by your eyes" she said. "You're a very mysterious person Daniel Jackson"

Daniel smiled, feeling embarrassed. "I'm just an ordinary person"

"I don't think so... ordinary is boring, and I don't believe you're boring. Come on- I want to show you something"

She took him into a little dark place near them. "This is where I used to go every night after I got off from the blue moon" she said. "It's a perfect place to be alone and think"

Daniel looked up. "There's a great view of the stars here" he said. She set down on the grass.

"I know... it's magical". He set down beside her, both staring up.

"Do you believe there's life on other planets?" he asked.

"Do you?" she asked back.

"I asked you first!" he teased.

"You're right" she laughed. "I think there is life out there, we can't be the only things that got stuck on a big round place"

They sat there for a while, just staring at the stars, until it got very late. Daniel stood up, and offered his hand to help Alex up. She took his hand and pulled herself up. They found themselves facing each other, and they're eyes met- blue on blue. Before Daniel could think he kissed Alex softly on the lips. She was a bit surprised at first, but she kissed him back.

*************************************************************

"Doctor Jackson- please report to my office" called General Hammond. Daniel stepped into his office and sat down in front of the general's desk. "Doctor, I thought about your proposal" started the General, "and I came to conclusion that Miss Parker's services would be helpful to the Stargate program. Now, I checked up on her with some of my sources, but she still has to pass medical examinations, and the security briefings. That can take up to a week, but as far as I'm concerned- she's welcome to work here." Daniel was thrilled.

"Thank you very much General, you will not regret it, I promise" he said, and walked out of the General's office and walked to his own office where Jack ambushed him.

"What's going on pal?" asked Jack, "you're spending a lot of time with the general, you feel like sharing?"

Daniel's face stayed calm. "Well, I guess you'll find out sooner or later".

Jack looked suspicious. "Are you dying?" he asked.

"No... I..." he started, but Jack stopped him.

"If this is about the little battle we ran last week...". Daniel laughed

"No, Jack... it was a personal matter. Although now that you remind me, maybe I should talk to the general about the fight. After all- he's going to wonder who broke that lamp..."

A few weeks later, Alex passed her medical examinations successfully, and was working in the SGC as part of the technical team, and she had moved out of Daniel's place to the SGC, where Teal'c was also staying. She grew fond of her new job, and her new SG-1 friends. She and Sam got pretty close, and each day they would eat lunch together and chat like good old friends. Alex became almost a part of the SG-1 team. She did very dedicated work with the computers, and when someone had a problem he/she always knew exactly where to go. But except for Daniel and the general, no one knew about Alex's hidden powers. As for Daniel himself-he couldn't stop thinking about the kiss, but neither him nor Alex dared to bring that up during their late night conversations at the base, that made them even closer than before.

One night, while Daniel was working late in his office, he heard a loud exploding sound from the computer room. He thought for a second. 'What can it be? There's hardly anyone here'. He ran out of his office towards the computer room, to find Alex and Sam facing a scary looking woman pointing a gun at them. Alex's hands were tied up behind her back. And Sam was lying beside her. The woman spotted Daniel behind her, and with a wave of a hand she threw him beside the girls. Alex screamed. "Are you OK?" she asked Daniel.

"I'm ok, is she..." he pointed his look to Sam.

"No, no... she just fainted. "

"Shut up!" screamed the woman. " It's so nice to see you again Alex Dear", said the woman.

"Too bad I can't say the same, Aunt Jessica", answered Alex. The woman smiled.

"I don't need your blessing, cause you're coming with me".

"And what if I say no?"

"Then your boyfriend here is going on a long journey to the never never land"

"You wouldn't dare"

"Just watch me" she loaded the gun and pointed it on Daniel.

"No! Wait! Take me"

"I told you your conscience would fail you some day"

Alex spotted Colonel O'Neill behind her aunt, pacing quietly.

"What do you want from me?" she asked her aunt, trying to buy some time. "You know what I want from you, I want your damn powers that's what I want, and if you won't give them to me- I'll just have to take them!" and before Jack could act, she disappeared along with Alex. "Daniel! What the hell was that about?!" he yelled. Moments later, Daniel was forced to tell the whole story in General Hammond's office. "I can't believe you brought a witch to the SGC!" yelled Jack, "what's next- a troll?" Daniel was angry.

"You're crossing the line here Jack, you don't even know her!"

"You damn right I don't! You put us all in danger here! What if she did something to hurt us?!"

"Sir, with all due respect- I got pretty close to her, and I don't think..." said Sam.

"No, Carter, I don't care! What Daniel did was stupid and thoughtless!"

Daniel had no mind of arguing with Jack about Alex's nature, he was too concerned. Sam followed him into his office.

"Am I going to get yelled at by you too?" he asked her. Sam looked at him.

"I had a feeling you would like to talk." She said. "Don't mind him, he's just... it came as a surprise to all of us", she continued.

"I guess, I mean- I'm worried too".

"I'm here for you, you know that" she smiled comfortingly

"Daniel, how did you meet her?"

"Remember the Halloween party?"

"So she's the mystery woman...."

"Yes she is..." and he told her the whole story, without including the kiss. When he finished Sam looked concerned too. "I know I haven't been familiar with her for long, but I like her, she's sweet", she said, "do you have any idea where she is?" Daniel didn't answer.

"Daniel? Are you ok?" asked Sam.

"No, Sam, I'm not. I'm scared for her, I'm helpless" he said.

Sam looked understanding. "You love her, don't you?"

Daniel looked up at her. After a short silence he finally spoke. "Yes, I'm in love with her, and I might not have the chance to tell her that, because I have nothing to do!" a tear came down from his eye. Sam gave him a friendly hug. "Let's just hope she's powerful enough to deal with her".

**********************************************************************

Alex woke up in a small closed room in her aunt's house. Her hands were still tied up behind her back. She was dizzy and scared, but tried to release the ropes with all her might. The door opened, and Jessica came into the room, carrying a big cup.

"You're up my darling" she said. Alex looked at her with hate.

"Let me go!" she shouted.

"First you'll have to drink that" she pointed at the cup.

"Never" said Alex, "I will never drink anything that you give me, now for the sake of the witches legacy- let me go!!!".

Jessica slapped her hard. "I should have killed you when I had the chance", she said, "you and your friend right there in that room". Daniel's face showed up in Alex's mind, as she remembered his voice, his eyes, his kiss... 'Daniel', she thought to herself, 'I love you, I'll never see you again'. A tear came down her chick. She knew she wouldn't make it alive out of here, given to the fact that nothing would stop her aunt from taking her powers, but she decided that no matter what- she was not going to co-operate with her aunt.

"Drink it" commanded Jessica.

"No!"

"Fine, than you'll stay here until you decide to drink it. You have a choice-you can die an easy death by drinking the potion, or you can starve to death!" and she left the room, locking the door behind her. Alex couldn't do anything, her powers travelled through her hands, and those were tied up behind her right now. What could she do?

******************************************************************

Three days later, Daniel was a wreck. He tried to continue his work, but each time found himself thinking of Alex. Jack stepped into Daniel's office. "How are you?" he asked.

"I wish I could tell you I'm ok" said Daniel.

Jack set down. "You want to talk about it?" he asked.

"Why are you so worried all of a sudden? I recall 3 days ago you were furious at me!"

"Yeah- I guess I over reacted". Daniel didn't answer that. He threw down the pen he held, and put his face in his hands.

"Wow... don't break down on me Danny-boy" said Jack.

"I'm scared Jack"

"I know you are, just don't loose your mind"

"How can I not? I keep wondering where is she, how is she, is she dead...."

"I get the feeling there's something beneath the surface"

"Is it that obvious?"

"You're in love"

Daniel raised his hands in defeat. "Everybody seems to read me like an open book"

"It's not so hard when the book is spread all over the SGC" kidded Jack, but then turned serious when he saw Daniel was not amused. "It's not really hard to tell, you see? All that touching, the laughing, the mid-night conversations you shared... you looked like the perfect couple, only you weren't one"

Daniel smiled a sad smile when he remembered all those things. "You know? I haven't felt like this since I met Sha'uri. Every woman I love somehow ends up dead. I'm cursed"

"You're not cursed, you don't even know if she's dead"

"Jack, it's been three days. If she's not dead then she's probably in another world"

"At least we know that's possible..."

"Come on! I'm in pain here and you're stepping on my wounds"

"I'm sorry, gees! When did you get to be that touchy?"

"Look, that woman was probably the love of my life. I'm an idiot for not turning my life upside down and marrying her when I had the chance. Now a crazy woman has captured her, and I don't even know where to look! So don't call me touchy!"

"I said I was sorry! You're right, you should have done something, but you have to get over it. Life doesn't always follow your orders... Now come on-we have a mission to go on".

********************************************

Alex was weak. She felt the life draining out of her. No food, no water, no air... the last couple of days her aunt had been abusing her mentally. The only thing that kept her going was the thought of Daniel. She swore that if she ever survived this she was going to tell him she loved him. She started to cry and fight the ropes with all her strength. "Come on!" she told herself, "you can do this! Do this for the sake of justice! Do this for Daniel". Suddenly she managed to get the ropes loose. She got up on her feet, trying to figure out what to do next, when she heard her aunt's footsteps behind the iron door. Alex rushed to the place she had been tied to for the last three days, and put her hands behind her back as though she was still tied up.

"Well, well... have you decided you've had enough already?" asked Jessica with a vicious smile, pointing a gun to Alex.

Alex breathed heavily. "Yes, I have... Aunt Jessica. I can't take it anymore, I want to drink the potion."

Jessica smiled a winning smile. "I knew you'd give up, you're spineless. Just like your mother"

Alex froze. "What's my mother got to do with it?"

"How do you think I got my powers? You see, I killed your mother"

Alex's eyes opened in horror. "That's right my dear" said Jessica in an evil voice, "I killed her, and she was as pathetic as you! Now that you're all grown up, I'll have the power of two generations, and no one will be able to defeat me! I'll be the superior witch!" she loved the thought. "Now, my dear- you're going to drink that potion, which will guarantee your powers will be transformed to me!". Alex's blood boiled. She dropped the ropes behind her back, and when Jessica held the potion in her hand she stood up. Jessica panicked, she pointed the gun to Alex's face. "Don't do anything you'll regret for, Alex" she said. "I am your mother's sister."

Alex was mad. "You bitch! You killed my mother!" with all her might she threw two balls of energy towards Jessica, and hit her. The moment she did that, a single gunshot was fired from the gun, and Jessica dropped to the floor, along with Alex.

******************************************************

"SG-1 to the infirmary" ordered the general when the team got back from their 4 days mission. Daniel was pretty sure now that Alex was gone for good. These were the hardest mission he had to go through, the thoughts wouldn't leave his mind. An hour later, he was headed home. He opened the door. He almost hoped to find Alex there, like that night when she broke into his house, but she wasn't. He made himself a cup of cofee, and pressed the play button of the answering machine. "You have 1 message" announced the machine. "Lucky me" he said cynically. "Doctor Jackson, this is Doctor James from the hospital." Daniel took a sip of coffee. "I'm sorry to bother you" continued the message, "but we have received a patient by the name of Alexandra Parker" Daniel dropped his coffee. "She says she knows you..." he didn't stick around to hear the rest of the massage, he just ran to the front door and opened it like a storm. And there- on the other side of the door- stood Alex, smiling. "Where are you rushing to?"

Daniel was shocked and relieved at the same time. "You're alive! I can't believe you're alive," he said.

"I'm alive..." she started, but Daniel didn't let her finish. He grabbed her face in his hands and kissed her passionately on the lips. Tears of happiness ran down her chicks as they kissed their way into the bedroom, undressing each other. She never felt that happy in her life. All she wanted was to stay there in his arms forever and make love to him. Moments later they collapsed on the bed, exhausted from the passion they shared. "I love you Daniel" she whispered, when they were lying by each other. Daniel closed his eyes. It was so good to hear her say his name. He remembered the last horror days. "I was sure you were gone forever, I didn't know what to do with myself", he said. She touched his lips softly and looked into his eyes.

"I was so lucky to escape... I swore to myself that if I made it alive, I'd tell you how I feel for you". Daniel smiled. "I love you too, you know? The moment I met you at that party I thought you were perfect. You have no idea how much I love you" he said and kissed her softly. Alex glowed with happiness.

"After all that time, I'm finally free to be who I am", she said, "I'm free to be with you". Daniel stroked her black hair, and they fell asleep holding each other.

<6 weeks later>

Daniel stood by the altar, with Jack beside him. The wedding was just about to start. "Did you get the rings?" asked Daniel.

"Of course I did!" said Jack searching his pocket, "or not...". Sam approached them, wearing a purple bridesmaid dress.

"Sir, I think you forgot these" she said, and handed him two rings.

"You're a lifesaver Sam", said Daniel, "what's the matter with you Jack?"

Jack laughed. "You suck" he said.

"I suck or the outfit sucks?" asked Daniel.

"It's hard to tell..." Just then, the wedding march was played. The bride appeared at the door wearing a beautiful long white dress. Everybody in the church stood up for her. She walked slowly on the aisle towards her future husband who was beaming for the sight of her. She was beautiful.

**********************************************************

Daniel put the ring on Alex's finger. "I Daniel, take thee Alexandra to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, to love and to cherish for better or for worse, for richer or for poor, in sickness and in health for as long as we both shall live, until death do us apart..."

Alex took the ring from Jack and put it on Daniel's finger. "I Alexandra, take thee Daniel to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, to love and to cherish for better or for worse, for richer or for poor, in sickness and in health for as long as we both shall live, until death do us apart..."

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife", said the priest. "You may kiss the bride".

Daniel was thrilled with joy. He kissed Alex softly on her lips while the guests cheered in enthusiasm.

"May I have your attention please?" called Jack at the reception. It was time for the best man to say his words for the bride and groom.

"I never thought I would see this day coming", he started. "But now that it's here I really don't have a lot to say except- have fun, be happy, and don't do anything I wouldn't do". Daniel and Alex smiled. "But now", he continued, "it's time for your dance. A little bird told me that this is your song" he said, and the band started playing "your song". Daniel looked at Jack and he winked at him. Alex leaded Daniel to the center, as they danced their first dance as husband and wife.

"so excuse me forgetting, but these things I do
you see, I forgotten if they're green or they're blue
but anyway, the thing is, what I really mean
yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen..."

***********************************************************************************************

THE END

Lorelai_gerret@hotmail.com

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Lorelai