Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Until the Sea Retreats From Its Rage

by Lorelai Gerret
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Until the sea retreats from its rage

Until the sea retreats from its rage

by Lorelai

Title: Until the sea retreats from its rage
Author: Lorelai
Email: lorelai_gerret@hotmail.com
Category: Romance, Action/Adventure
Pairing: Daniel/other
Season: any
This story is a sequel to: it's a little bit funny
Rating: PG-13
Content Warnings: none
Status: Completed
Summary: daniel gets back from a mission without his memory
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
Author's notes: please please send me your comments

"Hi honey", said Alexandra Jackson when her husband entered through the front door of their house, "how was the meeting?". Daniel Jackson smiled at his wife and kissed her. "it went well, I think..." he said, "but I'm so tired". He collapsed on the couch. "you poor thing", she said, patting his hair, "but not to worry- I'll spoil you. Why don't you go take a bath and I'll finish cooking dinner?".

"oh, but then I'll feel like a shovinist pig, letting my wife do all the work..."

Alex smiled. "nonsense! A wife should do things like that for her husband once in a while".

"well, if you put it that way-" said Daniel and pulled her to him. "have I told you lately how much I love you?"

"emm... all the time, but I never get tired of hearing that" she said.

He kissed her again. "I never get tired of saying that- I love you Al"

Alex smiled again. "I love... do you smell that?"

Daniel sniffed his nose. 'I think it's coming from the kitchen"

Alex's eyes opened in horror. "no! the chicken!". She ran to the oven and burned herself trying to open it. "ouch!" she yelled, "son of a...". Daniel laughed. "come here" he said and took her by the finger to the sink. He opened the water and put her hand under it. "does it hurt much?" he asked.

"not anymore" she smiled sadly, "but the whole damn thing is burned", she pointed at the oven. "never mind that, we'll order pizza" Daniel comforted her.

"you know I can fix this by a snap of a finger" she said.

"I don't think you can even move your finger" he tried hard not to laugh.

"oh, is that so funny mister?" she said in an angry smile.

"sorry miss Jackson" he bursted laughing now, hugging her.

"it's mrs." She said, catching his laugh.

*********************************************************************

"SG-1 to the briefing room!" Called General hammond. Within minutes, four SG-1 members were sitted at the large table. "people, we have a problem", said the general, "the mission you was supposed to go on two weeks from now is earlied".

"and why, may I ask?" said Jack

"because kir, the civilian who was supposed to guide you through PX2-322 has prior engagements and will only be available three days from now". Said the General.

"guide us?" said Jack, "we don't need a tour guide, we can handle ourselves!"

"sorry colonel, I can't allow that. you leave first thing Thursday".

"Thursday?" said Daniel, "but..."

"but what?" asked Jack

"it's just that... it's mine and Alex's anniversary..." he said.

Four eyes turned to look at him. "I'm sorry doctor" said the general, "you are essential to the mission, since there are plenty of ruins at that site and you'll have to explore them".

Daniel looked dissapointed. "yes sir" he said, and SG-1 left the briefing room.

Daniel entered a computer lab, to find his wife bent over an opened computer with a screwdriver, her hair all messed.

"hey there crazy", he said.

"hey there stranger", she answered, getting up from the computer she's been working on. She approached her husband and put her arms around him. "I missed you...".

Daniel smiled. "so did I...listen Al", he started, "I have some bad news I'm afraid".

She became serious. "what happened? Somebody died?" she paniced.

"no,no.... nothing like that, it's just that.... I won't be here Thursday,we're going on a mission". Alex looked disappointed, but understanding. "it's a shame" she said, "but I understand- it's your job. We'll celebrate our anniversary when you get back". He was amazed by the way she took this. "you're great" he said, "I mean- really great". She smiled and gave him a brief kiss. "now, if you'll excuse me- I have a dying computer to save" she said, getting back to her work.

*******************************************************



SG-1 were standing in the gateroom, waiting for the dial to be completed. The door to the gateroom opened and Alex came in, running to Daniel. He kissed her on the forehead and she pulled his lips to hers for a prolonged, deep kiss. Jack looked surprised and then amused. Sounds of laughter were heared until they finally broke the kiss. Daniel looked at Jack in an innocent look. "it's our anniversary" he explained, and turned back to hug Alex one more time. "take care of yourself!" she called after him when he walked on the ramp.

The team stepped out of the watery complection at the other side of the stargate - planet PX2-322. Jack said it was supposed to be heaven for Daniel, or as he put it : 'there are lots of those old stuff you like to stare at so much'.

A young man stood infront of the stargate. "hello friends" he greeted them.

Jack took off his sunglasses, scanning the man from head to toe. "kir, I suppose?" he asked. "indeed friends" said kir. Jack didn't look to happy. "our tour guide" he said quietly to his team. "I'm colonel Jack O'Neill, and these are major Sam carter, doctor Daniel Jackson, and Teal'c".

"Teal'c?" wondered kir

"yes, just Teal'c. you know- like cher..."

kir looked even more confused, but he let go of it. "follow me please" he said, "I shall take you to the village". He started walking. "and please make sure to keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle" giggled Jack, and started walking after kir.

It was a rather small village, with wooden houses and a big well in the middle. The villagers were gathered around the well, staring at the strangers with the funny looking clothes. "hi there!" called Jack towards a couple of women nearby that were staring at them. They didn't answer that and just kept on staring. "we are not used to strangers" explained kir. "yes, we can see that" said Jack. Kir lead them to a nearby cabin with a small table and a woman that stood near it. "please meet- this is my wife Rayla" said kir.

"greetings strangers" said a very excited rayla.

"we prefer to be called earthlings" joked Jack, and the other team members looked at him in astonishment. It seemed like Jack did nothing but joke from the moment they arrived to the planet. "it is very nice to meet you, rayla". Said Sam, taking over before Jack would insult someone. Rayla smiled and offered them drinks in pottery mugs and a light meal. They ate and drank , and Jack had to admit it was kind of good. After that they immidiatly took off with kir to explore the area. When it got dark they got back to the village and into kir's house for a night sleep.

Daniel woke up at sunrise. He stepped out of the house and got up on a small hill not far from there. He stared at the horizon and saw a giant pyramid which glew beautifully in the rising sun. that sight hypnotized him- he adored pyramids of any kind. He almost made up his mind to go and take a closer look at them when Jack touched his shoulder. "wow there danny-boy, where do you think you're going?"

Daniel turned to look at him. "I was just... going to look at those pyr..." he started, but Jack cut off his speech. "going? Alone? I don't think so pal" he saw the dazled look on Daniel's face. "you got a pyramid fever or somehting?" teased Jack.

"please Jack, I have to see these" beged Daniel.

"fine, we'll all go after we eat".

After breakfast, kir took them to the pyramids. When they arrived Daniel had to stop and look at the sight. He stared in disbelief at the beuty of the giant pyramid he saw from the hill, and two little pyramids standing by its sides. It was even more beautiful closer. "oh boy- here we go, you're going to spend a lot of time in there, aren't you" said Jack.

Daniel frowned at him. "if I'm missing my wedding anniversary I'd better do something to pass the time", he teased, "and I do have lots of time...". Sam smiled when she saw the disturbed look on Jack's face. They entered the pyramids, and kir lead them to a big room with lots of pottery artifacts and wall drawings. Daniel didn't know where to look first. Everything was so beautiful and inviting. "it's like a playground for archeologists here" said Jack, and looked at Daniel's eager face. "go knock yourself out" he told Daniel, who immidiatly turned to look at the walls in amazement.

After two hours, Jack became irritated. Daniel did nothing but oohing and ahhing at the things he'd seen and read, and Sam and teal'c looked interested too. that annoyed him since he was the only one that wasn't interested in the pyramid. "emm...Daniel? I think it's time to leave now..." he said.

"not yet" said Daniel, "I just found something here..."

"you've been finding things for the last couple of hours! Aren't you tired?"

"Jack, please..." said Daniel, trying to shut him up, "just let me..." he mummbeled, and pressed a brick on the wall. The wall on the other side of the room opened and revealed a small cell with something that looked like a beautiful black and gold metal ring.

"Daniel, what did you do?" asked Sam

"I just pushed this brick, and it happened..." he said.

"ooh... pretty..." said Jack cinically.

"it is a power ring" said teal'c, "I've came across some of them before, please proceed reading Daniel Jackson".

Daniel turned to the wall again and tried to translate the rest of the writings. Kir approached the power ring. "I never seen anything like this" he said, and reached for the ring. "no, wait!!" yelled Daniel, but it was too late. "what's that sound?" asked Jack suspiciously.

"the writing says that nobody is to move the ring from its original place or else..." said Daniel.

"or else what?" asked Sam, and her question was soon answered. The sound got louder and louder until a big explosion sound was heared and the wall behind Daniel collapsed on him. he fell to the floor, buried under bricks. Another sound was beginning to heared. "Daniel!" yelled Jack, "let's get out of here" he told the others, "teal'c- grab him". teal'c pulled Daniel from under the bricks and the five of them escaped from the pyramid.

************************************************

"incoming traveler!"

general hammond rushed to the control room. "it's SG-1 sir", said the technitian.

The general looked serious. "three days early" he said, "something happened". He ran to the gateroom in the minute SG-1 stepped out of the gate. Well, Jack Sam and teal'c stepped out of the gate. Daniel was carried by teal'c unconscious and all covered in dust. "to the infirmary immidiatly!" called general hammond, and teal'c rushed outside of the gateroom. "Colonel- what happened?!" asked the general. Jack looked nervous. "your tour guide, that's what happened! Daniel discovered some sort of ring that wasn't supposed to be moved from it's place. Guess who moved it..."

"kir"

"yes, kir" said a very annoyed Jack,

"a wall dropped on him, sir" said Sam.

"yes, a huge wall! He could be dead as far as we know!" said Jack.

"now, colonel, don't loose your temper! We'll see what doctor frasier has to say about that".

"sir, with your permission, I'd like to tell Alex" said Sam quietly.

"yes major, she should know. She's in lab 3" said the general.

Jack and the general stepped out on their way to the infirmary, while Sam made her way to the lab to tell her friend that her husband was hurt.

Sam walked into the lab and saw Alex there, working on three computers at a time. "Sam!" she called excited and rushed over to her. Sam hugged her and smiled weakly. "hey al, how are you?" she asked.

"I'm fine, how was the..." she stopped talking,looking suspiciously at Sam. "you weren't supposed to be back until Monday..."

Sam looked nervous. "look, al, something happened...."

Alex looked horrified, "oh my god...", she said.

Sam couldn't say anything. Alex ran out of the lab with Sam after her. she bursted into the infirmary and saw her husband on a bed, all dirty and wounded. On top of that he was unconscious. she turned pale and fell down, almost fainted. Jack grabbed her before she hit the floor. "Alex, i..." he said.

"what happened?" she whispered weakly, not taking her eyes off Daniel.

"em... "Jack looked helpless at Sam. "al, please come with me..." she asked gently.

"no! I'm not leaving him" said Alex, almost crying.

"Alex, please... I have to examine him sweety", said Janet

Alex let Sam lead her out of the room into the corridor. Jack got her a glass of water. "are you ok?" he asked quietly. She raised her eyes to look at him. "Jack, Sam, please... what happened?" she said in a shaking voice.

"Jack and Sam set on the bench next to her.

"a wall fell on him" said Jack, "the room was starting to collapse".

"god..." said Alex, "is he going to..."

"no! don't even think so" said Sam, "he's not going to die. We won't let him"

After two hours, Alex was a nervous rack. She walked across the corridor outside the infirmary several times, and it made Jack crazy. "Alex, come over here" he said. She took a seat near him. "look, I'm sure Daniel will be just fine, he's a real fighter, ok?"

"I hope so" she said

"good. Now can you please stop walking around like that? it's driving me crazy".

Alex nodded, but Jack felt bad. "do you want to talk?" he asked, "I can tell you what we were doing on the mission..."

"ok, what the heck. It will distract me for a while"

"well, I got up this morning, and found Daniel standing on a hill near the village we were staying on. He had this weird look on his face..."

"were there any pyramids around?" asked Alex

"yes, 3 large ones. Infect he was just about to go alone and explore them"

"that's my Daniel..." she smiled sadly, "nuts about pyramids. did you know that he took me to see 12 pyramids on our honeymoon?"

"really... how did you have the time for that? didn't you want to spend time with each other?"

"we spent plenty of time together. He even got me into his pyramid fever. He was so excited... like a little boy" she said, and a tear ran down her chick. Janet walked out of the infirmary. Jack and Alex stood up like a storm. "he's in a coma" she said, "but his physical condition is stable. Let's hope he wakes up soon"

"can we see him?" asked Alex

"of course you can", she answered, patting alex's back. "talk to him, let him hear familiar voices".

Alex and Jack joined Sam by Daniel's bed. Alex started sobbing, and Sam hugged her.

"he looks so helpless" she cried.

"he'll be fine" said Sam simpathetically.

"I love you Daniel" said Alex, and bent down near his bed and touched his face. Sam and Jack stood behind her, looking at the heartbreaking sight. Jack got closer to the bed. "how are you doing, buddy?" he said to the motionless Daniel.

"really?" he continued, as if Daniel answered him, "that's interesting".

"sir, I think we should leave them alone" said Sam. She walked over to Alex and pat her hair. "I'm here if you need me, Ally" she said. Alex smiled a soft smile up to Sam, and turned back to Daniel. Sam and Jack left the room.

"Daniel, I know you can hear me" she said, taking his cold hand into hers.

"I love you", she continued quietly, "I'll be here when you wake up, please wake up... you can't die on me, please...."

Three days later, Sam, Jack and teal'c didn't know what to do anymore. It seemed like Daniel didn't want to wake up. "if it goes on like this, I am afraid General Hammond will assign a new member to our team" said teal'c.

"don't be silly, he'll wake up" said Jack.

"it just breaks my heart to see poor Alex like that. did you know she hasn't slept a wink for three days?" said Sam.

"I have noticed that Alexandra remained loyally by Daniel Jackson's bed" said teal'c.

"she loves him very much" said Sam

"she doesn't want to hear anything. Said she's not leaving his side for a second until he wakes up. Stubborn one..." said Jack.

At that moment, Alex ran into the room in which they were talking. "he woke up, guys!" she yelled happily and ran back to where she came from, probably the infirmary. The three sg-1 members ran to the infirmary after her, to see Daniel sitting in his bed. "how do you feel?" asked Jack.

Daniel looked at him, confused. "fine, I'm fine.", he said, "Question-"

"shoot" said Jack.

"who am I?"

now it was Jack's turn to be confused. "what do you mean- you're Daniel"

"oh. Emm... another question-"

"yes..."

"who are you?"

Jack couldn't believe his ears. Neither did anyone else in the room. "you're joking" said Sam. Alex shaked her head in disbelief.

"joking? No... where am I?" he said.

Janet stepped into the room. "move away people, let me examine him" she said.

"well, I think he's ok. He's a little weak, but he'll recover", she said after a few tests.

"doc, he's just asked me who he is" said Jack

"do you think he has amnesia?" asked Alex

Janet looked at Daniel. "Daniel, do you recognize the people standing here?" she asked him. Daniel scanned them, one by one. "no...I guess not" he said finally.

Janet turned to the group. "I think I want to run a few more tests to see what's wrong" she said, "can you please wait outside?"

They nodded, and walked out to see the general.

"he's awake, sir" said Sam.

"that's good. how is he?" asked the general.

"it seems like Daniel Jackson has forgotten everything" said teal'c.

"amnesia?"

"well either that or he's messing with us" said Jack

the general gave him one of the looks that were saved just for him, and went into the infirmary. "oh, that's not fair!" called Jack, "why he can be inside and we have to wait here?"

"I suggest we go and get coffee" offered teal'c

"good idea, come Alex" said Sam

"no... I, I think I'll wait here..." she said.

"oh... come on-" said Jack, "Daniel would want you to drink coffee"

Alex didn't smile. "not if he doesn't even remember he likes coffee"

"likes it? he's addicted!" said Jack

"come on..." pleaded Sam, and Alex went with them.

A few moments later, they got back to the infirmary. "Daniel sure has amnesia, he can't remember anything" said Janet.

"is it going to stay like this?" asked Sam

"we'll have to wait and see. In the mean time- don't tell him anything. Don't tell him he's travelling the galaxy, or that he's married, or stuff like that. it can be a big shock to him and cause some real damage to his brain" continued Janet.

"can't tell him we're married?" asked Alex

"afraid no, al, I'm sorry..." she said, and walked out of the room.

Alex stepped to Daniel. "hi there, how do you feel?" she asked him

"I feel fine, I guess. Who are you?"

"I'm Alexandra Jack... parker" she said, "I work here"

"do I know you?" he asked

"you can say that" said Jack

Sam smiled. "you know all of us. We're your team mates"

"team? What team, what do we do?"

"we're... we... we perform special assignments for the government" Jack chose his words carefully.

"really... interesting, but I can't remember all that"

"you can't remember, period. You have amnesia" said Jack.

"what's your name?" he asked

"I'm colonel Jack O'Neill, and these are major Samantha carter and Alexandra Jackson, I mean- parker. parker. Alexandra parker." he said quickly.

"Jackson- that's my name, right?"

"yes, Daniel Jackson. "said Sam

"emm... we have to go", said Jack and signaled Sam to leave Jack and Alex alone.

After they left, Alex set near Daniel's bed. He looked at her. "Alexandra, right?" he said.

"Alex"

"Alex. Are we good friends?"

"very good"

"then you're probably upset that I don't remember you, I'm sorry"

"no, don't be sorry" she smiled, and he couldn't help but smile too,

"you'll remember soon, don't worry"

"everything is blank to me, I mean who am I? Where am I? Who are my friends, my family, my parents..."

Alex's face turned white. He didn't know the horrible things about his past, about his parent's being dead, about sha're... and she couldn't tell him.

"are you ok? You look pale" he said.

She smiled calmly. "oh, that's nothing. Don't be worried- you got all of us by your side to help you in whatever you need" she squeezed his hand.

"I thank you Alexandra" he said, "Alex".

She smiled and stood up. "I have to get back to work, and you- try to get some rest mister. You scared us".

*****************************************************************************

after several days of rest, Janet allowed Daniel to get out of bed. He drove her crazy, begging to walk around the base until she gave up. Daniel travelled the rooms, picking up things and trying to remember his life. He walked into Sam's office. "hi Samantha" he said

"Daniel, you always call me Sam" she said

"ok, then- Sam. Can I talk to you?"

"sure, what's on your mind?"

"I was wonderind- you know, about my life..."

"what about it?"

"that's what I want to know, can you tell me something? Anything?"

"emm... what do want to know?"

"for instense- you are my team member, right?"

"yes. Yes I am. And so does teal'c and Jack"

"and Alex?"

"Alex is not on our team"

"she's on another team?"

"well, sort off..."

"what is it that we do, exactly?"

"sorry, Daniel, Janet said not to tell you"

"I know that... can you tell me anyway? Please..."

"I can't, I'm sorry"

"thanks anyway, you know where I can find Jack?"

"in his office, as usual"

"as usual...and where's that?"

"down the hall to the right"

"ok, thanks!"

Sam watched him leave. She felt so sorry for him. 'I can't imagine what's it like to forget your whole life' she thought.

Daniel caught Jack in his way to his office. "hey Jack"

"hey pal, the good doctor let you leave your bed?"

"after I begged her to... listen- what is it that we do around here?"

"just... just plain military service"

"but I was told that I was not a military man"

"you're not, you're just a clivilian helping to the army"

"helping with what?"

"oh no you won't- you will not trick me into telling you your memories. You have to remember these alone"

"but what if it will take weeks, or months, or... or years? I don't even know where I live!"

"don't worry- we count on you to remember, in the mean time- stay on the base"

"I can do that?"

"yeah sure, Alex and teal'c are staying here too"

"really? Don't they have a home?"

"Alex does, it's just that... she has a lot of work here lately, so she prefers staying here"

"and teal'c?"

"tea'c... well teal'c is special. He was... having troubles with his wife so she kicked him out of the house", Jack invented.

"and what's with the forehead?"

"that's a... very special tatoo. Infect that's the reason he fought with his wife. She didn't seem to like it".

"strange"

"tell me about it"

"ok, then I guess I'll see you around"

********************************************************************

Daniel continued to collect information from people around the SGC for several days, but none of them was allowed to tell him that he travells between worlds, or that he's married, or that his parents are dead. Janet wanted him to remember these himself, but Daniel didn't give up. He stuck to his mission and bugged everyone including Sam Jack teal'c, and even the general.

One of these nights, when the SG-C was empty, he walked into one of the computer labs in which Alex was working on at the time. When she saw Daniel, her eyes lit up. "Daniel hi..." she said. He gave her a strange look.

"what?" she asked when she saw the way he looks at her.

"you look tired" he said quickly. And indeed- her long black hair was held in a messy ponytail, and her eyes were red, probably from lack of sleep.

"I can't be tired- I drank enough coffee to keep a horse awake"

Daniel smiled. "coffee... Jack said I like coffee but after I've tasted it I don't like it so much"

"maybe it's a good thing- you can finally stop drinking that"

"why?"

"oh because you were hooked on it! I think that if you could you would have it in an IV straight to the blood stream"

Daniel laughed. "maybe it is good after all", He said.

"I hope you didn't come here to ask me about work..." she said

"how did you know about that?"

"well, there's a little rumor running around here that some particular person who suffers from lack of memory is investigating the staff. Have any idea who could it be?" she joked.

He laughed again. "I'm just curious. what if I'm a very dangerous spy, or what if I'm the president, or what if... what if I'm married..." he said slowly

Alex turned her face so he couldn't see them. "i... I'm going to get some more coffee", she said, "you want me to get you some too?"

"no, thank you" he said. She started walking away.

"hey how come you didn't tell me we're married?" he called after her. she froze in her place and turned around slowly. "Daniel, you remember?" she asked hopefully.

"no I don't"

"then how did you..."

"I found this in the pocket of one of my pants" he said, and showed her his wedding ring.

"how did you know that it's me?"

"I read the signs" he said. "first Jack gets confused and says that your name is Alexandra Jackson, then you spend a lot of time at work, and now I find this" he showed her the inscription on the ring. "'A.D' this meand Alex and Daniel, right?"

Alex smiled sadly and took her wedding ring off her finger. She held it up next to his. "this is the symbol of our love" she said, "but you didn't know that, so what was the point in telling you?"

"How long are we married?"

"last Thursday it was a year. But you went on a special mission and promised that we will celebrate when you'll get back"

"that probably hurts, doesn't it? and all because of me"

"no, Daniel, sweety... it's not your fault! you are going to be fine. I promise"

"do you love me?" he asked finally, looking into her eyes.

"more than life itself" she said softly.

"do I love you?"

"I can't tell you how you feel" she said sadly, and started to walk out of the room.

"one more question?" he said

"sure"

"but answer quickly- what are the initials of SGC means?"

she bursted laughing. "no... you will not get me in trouble danny, forget it" she said, and walked out of the room. He stared at the place in where she was just at. "danny..." he smiled to himself.

*********************************************************************************

the next day Daniel decided to spend some time at his office, so he could learn more about his work. He walked in and was shocked at the amount of pottery artifacts he saw in the shelves. His desk was a total mess, and he didn't know where to start looking. He got near the tall shelves and stared up. 'I wonder what are all these things' he thought, and turned to the desk. He accidently moved the shelves, and a rather large artifact fell on his head, sending him to the floor, where he lied until Jack found him.

"Daniel! Daniel wake up!" he called, "someone! Please help!"

Janet and Sam rushed into Daniel's office and saw the broken pieces of the artifect scattered all over the floor next to Daniel's body. "not again!" called Sam. Janet checked his pulse. "he's alive" she sighed. "Get him to the infirmery quickly!". Jack and Sam both grabbed Daniel and dragged him to the infirmary. Alex ran inside. "not again! What, this time a ceiling?"

"no, just a pottery artifect from his office"

"I always told him to clean these things up, but did he listen? Nooooo... just wait until I get the chance to say 'told you so' " said Jack.

"well, is he alright?" asked Alex

"Janet is cheking him. he sure gets her a lot of work" said Jack.

"let's hope that it didn't cause more damage to his brain" said Sam.

"we shouldn't be so pasimistic, after all- we're talking about Daniel. The guy probably has another brain somewhere in his office" said Jack.

Janet came outside. "he's ok. I gave him a sleeping pill, so he can get some rest" she said.

"thank god" sighed Alex, "any word on the amnesia?"

"no, we'll see when he wakes up" said Janet.

Sam and janet escorted Alex into the room in which she was sleeping in. "I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight" said Alex, "I'm so worried about him, you know?"

janet gave her a sympathetic smile. "I know you do. We all are"

"he found out that we are married"

"really? How?" asked sam

"he found his wedding ring"

"oh... how did he react?"

"he doesn't remember me. I'm afraid he'll never do"

"no, what makes you say that?"

"he asked me if he loved me"

"oh,sweety, of course he loves you... have you seen the way he looks at you? There's no doubt in my mind that somewhere inside Daniel knows you'll always be with him" said janet. "and by the way- how do you feel? I have to check you again"

"why, what's wrong?" asked sam.

"Sam, I have to tell you something important" said alex.

"what is it?"

"I'm... I'm pregnant"

"what?" Sam called, and immidiatly whispered "are you sure?"

"no doubt about it" said janet

"It's wonderful!" yelled sam.

"I know, isn't it?" said alex

"does Daniel know?"

"no, I haven't had the chance to tell him yet, that's why I'm afraid"

"you have nothing to be afraid of... I'm sure he'll be himself again in no time"

"thanks Sam" said Alex and hugged her. "thank you Janet"

"sleep tight" said janet, and left along with sam.

Alex entered the room. Her mind was busy with a hundred thoughts and she kept tossing and turning until she finally fell asleep.

She dreamed about Daniel. She saw him helpless and dying and she couldn't help him. she started crying in her sleep. "Daniel..." she whispered. She felt someone touch her face and she opened her eyes slowly.

Daniel was bent by her bed, moving his hand on her chick. "I'm still dreaming" she whispered softly.

"no you're not" he said.

Alex set down and Daniel set down on her bed beside her. "Daniel, you're real" she said, still sleepy.

"I'm real my love" he said.

"you remember?"

"I remember everything" he said. And moved his hand through her hair.

"really?" she asked suspiciously

"really really"

"then what are the initials of SG means?"

"star-gate"

Alex screamed a little scream and hugged her husband. "you're back! You've came back to me!". Daniel kissed her softly.

"I'm so sorry I didn't remember you, ally", he said

"it's so good to hear you say my name again" she kissed him again. Jack came into the room and cleared his throat. They broke the kiss.

"well well, kids. I see you're fooling around, ha?" he said

"don't be silly Jack", said Daniel, "we're married"

"really? That means you have your memory back"

"finally"

"these are very good news" said Jack

"I have my life back, we can go home" said Daniel

"home" said Alex

Daniel wrapped his arms around his wife and kissed her again. Jack rolled his eyes and left the room.

"you know, it was stupid of me to ask you if I love you" said Daniel.

"don't be silly"

"no, because I want you to know that I do"

"I know you do"

"you see, before I met you I was misrable. I kept holding on to the past, and that hurt me. But you gave me my life back"

"Daniel... "she whispered and touched his lips.

She moved over on the bed, and he lay close next to her. their noses touched, and they're eyes expressed all the love in the world. They lay there in each other's arms for a long hour, until Daniel broke the silence.

"we didn't get to celebrate our anniversary" he said

"I have a special present for you" she whispered

"but I didn't get you anything" he said disappointed

"you got me you" she said.

"that's not enough for you"

"it's more than enough for me, Daniel." she said softly, "I have some news..."

"what is it?"

"I'm pregnant" she whispered

Daniel was shocked. He jumped of the bed like a storm, and she stood up too.

"Alex..." he hugged her tightly. She smiled brightly. "I'm carrying your child, Daniel. Can you believe it?"

"I can't believe that..." he said breathlessly, "I'm going to be a father!"

she laughed. "you're going to be a father" she said.

Daniel kissed her again, and stormed out of the room with alex rushing after him. He stood in the corridor and yelled "I'm the happiest person in the world!"

Jack, teal'c and Sam approached them. Alex and Daniel looked like a million dollars. "what's with you?" asked Jack.

"I'm going to be a father!" yelled Daniel

"god... you're pregnant!" said Jack

"I'm not" said Daniel and pointed at Alex. "she is"

Sam winked at Alex, and Jack laughed and hugged Daniel and Alex friendly. "congretulations Daniel Jackson" said teal'c.

that night, Sam invited the group over to her house for dinner. Daniel and Alex beamed from happiness. "a toast" said Jack. "to a new generation of Jacksons"

everybody laughed and toasted their glasses. "Sam, it was great" said Alex.

"yes, Sam. Thanks a lot" said Daniel, "in fact- why don't we clean up?"

"no... you're my guests! I'll clean up" said Sam.

"come on..." said Alex, "we'll do it"

after a short argument they agreed that Alex and Daniel would do the dishes, and Sam will clear out the table.

"it was so nice of you to suggest that we'll clean up" said Alex when she and Daniel finished the dishes. He put down the towel, and put his arms around her. "it was just an excuse to be alone with you" he said and kissed her sweetly.

"happy anniversary" she said.

"happy anniversary sweety, I love you so much..." he said. "and our baby... do you think it's a boy or a girl?" he asked

"well, if it's a boy, I'm sure he's going to be as handsome as his father" she smiled and kissed him shortly. he put a hand on her stomach. "how is he doing, mom?" he asked with a soft smile.

Alex put her hands on Daniel's and looked into his eyes. "he's great, dad..." she whispered.

********************************************************************************************

THE END

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Lorelai