Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Everlasting Series 1: Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again

by Lorina Dara Raenon
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again

Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again

by Lorina Dara Raenon

TITLE: Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again
AUTHOR: Lorina Dara Raenon
EMAIL:majorlorina@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Romance/Drama
SPOILERS: 'In The Line of Duty' and 'The Tok'Ra' (Part 1 and 2)
SEASON / SEQUEL: Season Two
RATING: G
CONTENT WARNINGS: Spare the moments of simple romance, there's really nothing to worry about
SUMMARY: Samantha Carter's Tok'Ra memories are stirred up following an accident.
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. This story may not be posted elsewhere without the consent of the author, Lorina
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

The light was harsh. She shielded her eyes from the searing desert sun and pulled a light veil across her face. She felt out of place. Not entirely connected with this moment, as though she was looking through another's eyes. And yet, remnants of tactile feeling would occasionally come to her. Something stirred beside her. There was someone else there. She felt his presence.

"Jolinar, we have to leave. It is not safe to stay on the surface," the male voice from beside her warned.

She felt a strong, gentle hand grasp hers. The touch triggered a sensation that she couldn't describe. Feelings overwhelmed her. Happiness, contentment. . .and yet, deep, immeasurable sadness. . .even fear. She slowly turned to face the one beside her. The wind brushed up sand between them, and she sheltered her face from the sting of the granules. When it settled down, she pulled aside her veil to look into the face of her companion. His handsome face managed a concerned smile. She knew him. Her legs wobbled, her head spun, and she gasped as she sunk to the ground. He caught her arms, steadying her with his strength. But her head continued to spin. . .and spin. . .and. . .

Samantha Carter jolted up, sweat beaded on her fair face. She pulled aside the smothering covers and breathed heavily. Her racing heart began to slow. Raking a hand through her damp, blond hair, Sam crawled out of bed and stumbled toward the bathroom. She switched on the light, bending over the sink, and looked directly into the mirror. Lowering her head, she turned on the faucet and splashed water on her face. She reached out and grabbed a towel, patting the moisture from her face.

Sam rose up, glancing again in the mirror, when her heart stopped for a second. . .but the presence of another. Another woman. She looked similar, maybe with the same face. . .but the clothes. . .the woman stood uncertain, wearing long, flowing robes. Sam suppressed a cry and dropped her head away from the mirror in terror. She breathed heavily over the sink, before slowly, and cautiously, rising to meet the mirror again. Nothing. It was gone. . .no. . .shewas gone.

Sam pulled away from the mirror, stumbling back into her bedroom, and sunk down on her bed. She pulled herself into a fetal position and lay there for a time. And than. . .she broke down. She was never known to cry a lot. . .something her father could vouch for. Growing up in a military family, there were things to be expected of her. Honor to uphold. But this time was different. She felt as though her mind was being torn apart. As though the remnants of another's memory were suddenly flooding back. Samantha sobbed, a tear rolling down her cheek. She brushed it away, burying her face in the pillow.

"You're late," Colonal Jack O'Neill commented sarcastically, pulling out a chair.

"Thanks," Captain Carter answered tightly, sliding into the chair behind the large conference table. She glanced around momentarily, noting Daniel Jackson's nod and Teal'c's customary grimace.

General Hammond paused in the middle of his briefing for a quick acknowledgement before he continued. "SG-1 is to proceed to planet P3X 196 for a survey mission. Usual precautions are to be followed. I think you people are familiar with the procedure."

"Stay off the grass and don't feed the animals, sir?" O'Neill replied sarcastically.

Hammond smiled briefly, before rising from his chair and straightening his uniform. "Dismissed."

As the team rose from their chairs, Sam remained seated, her attention far beyond the confines of the stargate facility. "Captain? Is something wrong?" O'Neill asked, noticing her unusually silent state.

Sam snapped back to the present and managed a tight smile. "No, nothing, sir."

O'Neill frowned, noticing his team member's fatigued appearance. "You're sure?"

"Yes. . .sir," she replied, rising from her chair. Sam ran a hand through her hair, and filed out of the room, O'Neill on her heels.

An alarm sounded. Breaking through the usual quiet hum of SGC's operations, it was followed by the voice of an officer behind the glass windowed operations room that overlooked the stargate room. "Chevron 7 encoded. . .target is established."

A burst of energy flooded out from the gate before receding back into the opening of the ancient portal. The SG-1 team stood at a cautious distance, watching the sight with the same measure of amazement that they had experienced on their first venture through. Weapons drawn, they approached the gate. O'Neill offered a relaxed salute to the personnel to his rear before entering the wormhole. Daniel gestured for Sam to take the lead. When she reluctantly accepted and moved forward, Daniel glanced to his side and shrugged at Teal'c. They stepped through behind her, vanishing in a ripple of energy.

After the short moment of travel, the team emerged from the gate and onto the surface of P3X 196. O'Neill exited first, inspecting the surrounding area for danger. He waved his gun from side to side, and when satisfied with the safety of the green meadow, slung it over his shoulder. Suddenly, a wisp of energy shot past him, shooting across the gate's control panel like a bolt of lightning. A gasp sounded from behind him, and he whirled around quickly, unsure of what to expect. Samantha had emerged from the activated gate, but she knelt on the stone platform, holding her head in her hands as energy coursed through her body. Jackson and Teal'c emerged lastly, as the bolt of energy dissipated. They took a quick moment to gather their bearings, before noticing Carter hunched over in front of them. Daniel took a step toward her, unsure of what was wrong.

"It hurts. . .it hurts," Sam murmured, slumping down onto the pavement.

Colonal O'Neill knelt over her, a look of concern spreading across his face. "Carter. . .speak to me," he said uneasily.

Sam shut her eyes tightly, pulling her hands over her ears, as if to block out a horrendous sound. Her lips moved, as she muttered something faintly and incoherently.

"Sam, can you hear me!" Daniel Jackson shouted, kneeling beside her.

"Some sort of energy from the gate used her as a lightning rod," Jack O'Neill offered, looking around helplessly.

Sam grit her teeth, curling up. And then suddenly, as mysteriously as it had began, her episode ended. Her body relaxed, and her head rolled back against the ground. Daniel pushed back one of her eyelids, checking to see whether or not she was conscious. He looked up at O'Neill and shook his head. "She's unconscious. Whatever it was has apparently stopped."

Carter's lips moved again. She appeared to be repeating a word, over and over again. When finally, her voice backed up the whispers. "Jol. . .Jolinar."

Daniel looked up at O'Neill, his eyes widened at the name.

Teal'c straightened up, his brow lifting in surprise. "The Tok'Ra who inhabited

Captain Carter!"

"We need to get her back. Fast," Dr. Jackson warned.

Jack looked over at his Jaffa team member and nodded, "Dial it up."

Teal'c inclined his head in response, stepping towards the raised panel.

"What happened?" General Hammond asked, as Dr. Frasier bent over the bed and flashed a light in Sam's eyes.

"I don't know, sir," Carter answered quietly, leaning passively on the hospital cot in SGC's infirmary.

The general flashed Dr. Frasier a look of concern. She turned and looked the team in the eyes. "I can't find anything physically wrong with Captain Carter. The energy that Colonal O'Neill described left no trace of an entrance wound that a bolt of electricity would cause. I can find no tissue damage."

"Than what was it? That lightning that I saw?" O'Neill asked.

Dr. Frasier shook her head lightly, "I don't know, sir. Perhaps it was an energy surge from the wormhole. It's impossible to tell."

"When Sam was unconscious, she repeated the name of her Tok'Ra symbiont, Jolinar," Daniel Jackson reported, looking around for a response.

"What else did she say?" Dr. Frasier questioned, pulling out a clipboard.

"Um. . .it was hard to decipher. As though she was speaking a different language. One which I've never heard," Dr. Jackson answered, running a hand through his hair.

"Perhaps the surge triggered the expression of Captain Carter's Tok'Ra memories," the doctor pointed out, turning to Samantha. "Do you remember anything from your symbiont? Any memories?"

Sam remained silent for a few moments. Casting her blue eyes across the room nervously. "Uh. . .I have been remembering a few things. Yes."

"Anything of use to us, captain?" General Hammond asked gently.

Sam paused for a moment before looking back at the general. "No. Nothing useful, sir."

The senior officer glanced suspiciously back at the team for a moment. "Alert me of any problems, doctor."

"Yes, sir," Frasier answered, casting a glance at Sam's vitals.

She stood silently in the control room overlooking the stargate, fiddling with the dogtags around her neck. The last chevron slid into place and the bustle of the room increased. The wormhole burst into existence, with the overflow of energy surging beyond the gate, and then receding. SG-7 cautiously slipped through the portal, in single file, to one of the many planets that lay in the galaxy. She watched the gate's energy with a fervent expression on her face. Her hands gripped the desk before her, and she felt an underlying need to jump through. To venture back to a place that was, just a few months before, another alien world. Another unknown place, untouched by a stargate team. To a place where her soul mate existed. A soul mate. She stopped herself for a second. I don'tknowhim, she reminded herself. This is silly. . .thisissilly. But the lingering feelings would not go away.

She remembered their first meeting with the Tok'Ra. The time she spent staring at the stars. . .with him. She had thought of him as just another Go'uald. But he had ignited something deep within her. Another past. And when he held her hand in his. . .she sobbed inwardly, she felt as though she had come home. Sam stood quietly, a neutral expression on her face, as the stargate was deactivated. And a name echoed in her head. Martouf.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Lorina Dara Raenon