Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Time Bomb

by Martouf Marty
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Time Bomb

(Martouf Marty)Stephanie

Title: Time Bomb
AUTHOR: (Martouf Marty)Stephanie
EMAIL: steph_m_@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Action/Adventure, Future story, Hurt/Comfort, Series (Behold Your Fate)
PAIRING: Daniel/other
SPOILERS: Between Two Fires, Wormhole X-Treme, Absolute Power, Carter with the ability to sense a Goa'uld, Gamekeeper, The Curse, Desperate Measures, Enemies
SEASON / SEQUEL: 5
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: adult themes, language, male/female relationship, violence
SUMMARY: Woman with psychic abilites learns about the stargate program after SG-1 returns from a dangerous mission
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.

Prologue

"Umm..." The young woman that looked about the same age as Daniel Jackson groaned as she woke up, the sheets tangled around her. She reached over to the opposite side of the bed, finding it empty, she opened her eyes a little bit more and said, now wide awake, "Daniel, you don't have to get to work until about two hours from now. You don't have to be there until eight o'clock."

Daniel Jackson smiled at her comment. He put his shirt on over his bare, muscular chest. "Well, I like to get there earlier then I'm supposed to. I have other work to do there."

Daniel looked at her. She put a puppy dog look on her face and said teasingly, "You want to go to work early and miss spending time with me?" She sat back down on the bed. "Well your fair." She smiled. Daniel looked at her sideways and walked over to the bed then sat down beside her. She would always try to make Daniel stay with her until she almost forced him out of the door because he was going to be, not just late, but very late. She made sure that every time he had to leave for work, that he would always end up being late. And for some reason, Daniel always seemed to stay for that time. But, today Daniel couldn't afford to be late. He and the rest of SG-1 were going to embark on a dangerous mission to a planet run by Goa'uld. But, of course, Allayah Faison tried to make him stay, because she didn't know what was planned for him. There was more then just a small chance that he was not going to come back. He knew that. He hated that he couldn't tell her what he does for a living. That he goes through something called a Stargate and travels to other words risking his neck at every turn with three other friends, including an alien from another planet. Allayah smiled and moved over behind him and started to give him a back massage. He accepted happily. Trying to force himself to leave wasn't so easy now. He relaxed a little bit more. She stopped giving him the massage and put her arms around him. "I don't want you to go."

He sighed at her plea. "I have to." He looked back at her and gave her a short kiss on the lips. He kissed her again and then stood up and went out of the bedroom and into his living room. Allayah followed him close behind. She had put on Daniel's housecoat since she did not have her own at his apartment, and begged to him, "Well, at least let me make you something to eat. Because that mess-hall breakfast isn't made completely fresh... And the one person you love doesn't make it." He looked back at her as she smiled.

Daniel looked at her sideways for a second then smiled. He gave into her plea as he always does. "You know one day I'm not going to give into your plan to make me late."

She smiled and kissed him. "One day Daniel." She whispered as she headed over to Daniel's kitchen where the clanging of pots and pans began. Daniel went into the kitchen and came behind her and they started to dance to music that no one but they themselves could hear.

Time Bomb

"Daniel, dial us home now!" Jack yelled while taking position to provide Daniel cover fire from the oncoming Jaffa as he dialed them home.

"Carter! How much time before that explosive goes off?!" Colonel Jack O'Neill and the rest of his team-Major Samantha Carter, Dr. Daniel Jackson, and Teal'c-were informed by the Tok'ra about a secret base where the Goa'uld Tanith was building weapons and other technology. They traveled to the planet in hopes of destroying the facility.

"Five minutes, Sir!" Carter yelled over the noises of the ever closing in Jaffa.

Staff blast arose and SG-1-minus Dr. Jackson, who was dialing the Stargate-returned fire. The battle against the Jaffa was not ending. But Dr. Jackson dialed the point of origin and the gate activated to Earth. He sent through the GDO signal.

"Daniel! Go!" O'Neill yelled at him while reloading his P-90.

Daniel Jackson hesitated for only a second and then frantically ran towards the Stargate event horizon. Staff blasts continued and SG-1 returned fire. A few shots nearly hit Daniel.

He was nearly four feet away from the Stargate when a staff weapon fired and hit Daniel square in the back of the leg. Never the less, the staff blast force pushed him through. "Sir, we're sitting ducks here!" Carter yelled.

She was right. "Go!" O'Neill yelled at Major Carter. SG-1 were out numbered by the Jaffa and they had to retreat.

Major Carter made it through only to see medics taking Daniel away to the infirmary on stretcher.

"Major, report." General Hammond said to Major Carter shortly after she made it to the control room.

"Colonel O'Neill and Teal'c are still holding off the Jaffa. The bomb was planted but we barely made it out of the facility because of the resistance from Tanith's Jaffa." Major said in the control room after avoiding the firing coming through the gate that was connected to the Goa'uld planet of P9X-771.

General Hammond, Major Carter, technicians, and medics waited for Teal'c and the leader of SG-1 to come through.

The facility was going to be blown into bits along with much of the area close to the Stargate, even possibly the gate itself.

"O'Neill! We have to go through the Stargate!" Teal'c yelled firing at the Jaffa.

"Damnit! I'm out!" Colonel O'Neill yelled obviously aggravated. "Come on Teal'c!"

Jack and Teal'c jumped through the gate to Earth. "Close the iris!" Jack, Teal'c and Samantha yelled at the same time.

The iris closed and numerous impacts on the iris were heard including an enormous hit from the bomb combined with the Naquada in the soil, which caused a chain reaction that mainly was responsible for the huge impact event to occur.

"Righty then." Jack said getting up off of the ramp.

"Report to the infirmary. Your briefing will be at 0700 hours."

"I was just on my way to see Daniel. How is he?" Sam asked Janet as she was heading to the infirmary.

"Well, that was a pretty bad shot he took but... he'll be fine in, about maybe week. Depends on how bad he bruised that rib."

"That's good new then." Sam smiled and continued on her way.

"That's one nasty shot you took there Daniel." Jack noted to Daniel who was lying on an infirmary bed, "Well ol'Doc Fraiser said you'll be outta here in a week or so."

"Yeah... Janet said that." Daniel was in obvious pain. "And she also said, that I have a... a bruised rib. Or two. No I think it was one... Just one."

"Well after you get outta here maybe you and me could go fishing." Jack said worried for his friend yet hopeful he'll accept his invitation.

"Well... uh... I'll think about it... Maybe." Daniel tried to sit up.

"Hey. Just... rest Daniel." Jack motioned for him to stay down.

"I get to stay here resting, and you, Sam and Teal'c get a leave." Daniel said closing his eyes.

"Yeah. Fair isn't it?" Jack replied sarcastically. He looked at his watch.

"Yeah." Daniel said letting out a hurt laugh.

"Maybe I'll ask Carter..." He started to walk away. "Hey, don't get anymore hurt then you are already."

"Okay then." Daniel said touching his ribs softly. "I'll try."

"Hey, how's it going there Daniel?" Janet looked over his chart again.

"Oh, just as bout as good as someone with a bruised rib or ribs and a hurt leg could be." Daniel tried to laugh.

"Hey. Get some rest Daniel. You can laugh later." Janet said then walked off to check up on some doctor stuff with a few nurses.

"Hey, Carter." Jack walked into Major Carter's lab.

"Colonel." She looked at him. He was out of uniform. "Going fishing Sir?"

"I just came by 'cause I was wondering..."

"You were wondering if I would take you up on that fishing trip." She smiled.

"Actually, no. I was going out to Miami 'cause I got two football tickets and I was wondering if you'd like to be that second person. Because Daniel's hurt, Teal'c is off visiting his kid or something, and you're the only person I haven't asked yet." He waited patiently for her response.

"Oh." She looked surprised.

"Yeah because I know how much you love that football."

Sam laughed. She said that she was a bit of a fan but the Colonel kept saying that she was a full blown out fanatic of the game.

"I appreciate the offer Sir, but..." Colonel O'Neill cut her off.

"You've been looking forward for a time like this 'cause you want to work on some boring project that you've been trying to get done but haven't found the time. Am I right or what?"

He had read her mind. "Absolutely, Sir." She's been trying to figure out some very complicated mathematical-and experimental-stuff having to do with liquid Naquada.

"Well, have fun." He smiled and started to walk away. Then Carter said, "Yeah-sure-ya-betcha."

He smiled again and continued to walk to the elevator where he punched number one and went towards the surface.

He arrived at the surface and drove away in his dark green Ford truck.

Colonel O'Neill was unnoticeable in the crowd walking down the street as he was heading to the hotel where he was staying.

He brushed pass people heading the other direction and people passing him as he slowed. He noticed a woman with brown, shoulder length hair, wearing a red sweater, headphones, and she was looking at the ground as she walked.

She brushed past and looked up and back at O'Neill.

The phone was ringing. Jack picked it up. "No Daniel, I don't want to come all the way back to the base to play jackal and the hound. Ask Carter, or Teal'c."

"Umm, hello? Is this Colonel Jonathon O'Neill?" The woman's voice said over the telephone.

He winced as she said Jonathon and not Jack. "Oh. Hi. Yeah. That's me. And you are...?"

"My name is Allayah Faison." She said politely.

"Do I know you?" He was confused.

"No... But, I know you." Allayah replied. "Quite well actually."

".... Okay... How do you know me?" He was very confused now.

"I'll meet you at the coffee shop down the street in two hours."

The dial tone was loud in Jack's ear. "What? Hello?" He listened for a minute, and then hung up the phone.

"Right. Well, this day is starting out just nicely." He commented while getting a beer out from the fridge and taking a drink.

Jack walked down the street to the coffee shop and got down on an outside table.

"Would you like some coffee?" The waitress asked with a pot of coffee in hand.

"Yeah. Sure." He held out a cup which she than filled and the left to serve other customers who would love to have some freshly brewed pot, of coffee.

He took a long sip of the coffee that Daniel would kill for, and a woman sat down in the chair horizontally from Colonel O'Neill. He set down his cup in sheer and sudden surprise.

"Hey your that person I ran into on the street this morning."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah."

"So, why do you want to talk to me, and how do you know me?" He asked suspiciously, "Because, I have no clue to who the hell you are."

The waitress came by and asked Allayah if she wanted some coffee. She nodded and poured Allayah a full cup. She took a sip. "I know about the Stargate program."

He tried not to act surprised. "What's that? This, 'Stargate' I mean."

"I know that you lead a team through the Stargate to other planets. The rest of your team is Dr. Daniel Jackson-an archaeologist-, Major Samantha Carter-an astrophysicist-and a Jaffa by the name of Teal'c, a traitor against-a parasitical race of aliens-the Goa'uld. To be specific, he traded against a Goa'uld by the name of Apophis. The United States Air Force runs a facility called the SGC out of Cheyenne Mountain." She leaned back in the chair.

"Wow... what's a Jaffa?" Jack asked stupidly. "And what kind of a name is SG-1 for a team?"

She leaned in towards Jack, smiled, and then said, "Did I say anything about the name of the team?"

Colonel O'Neill face went blank. He stood up saying, "You really should stop watching that show that's on cable. What is it called again? Oh yeah, 'Wormhole X-Treme'. How could I possibly forget that?"

Allayah laughed and stood up. "You're going to have to report this to General Hammond. Tell him there is a breach."

"Yeah, whatever." He walked off back to his apartment.

She laughed again and paid for the coffee then, she left.

"General, we have a problem." Jack said calmly over his cell phone. He did exactly the same thing that Allayah said that he would have had to do. "We have a breach."

"So, she knows about the SGC and SG-1?" Daniel said to Jack over the teleconference.

General Hammond, Major Carter, Teal'c and Doctor Jackson were in the briefing room talking to Colonel O'Neill.

"Well, yeah. I don't know if she knew that we were called SG-1 or not because that kinda slipped..." His voice trailed off over the call phone.

"Slipped?" Major Carter made a funny face.

"And you've only talked to her once?" The General asked.

"Yeah, so far. She said her name was Allayah Faison." Daniel looked up from his notes suddenly as if he knew the name. His mouth flew open and was thinking of something to say. He then said quietly, "I know that name." Sam then looked at him. She looked away after a few seconds and concentrated back to talking to Colonel O'Neill.

"How do you suspect that she received this information O'Neill?" Teal'c asked for the rest of SG-1.

"Well, I don't really know. All I know is that she knows a lot." He sighed.

"I'm ordering you to proceed and find out exactly what she knows. I'm sending Major Carter, Doctor Jackson, and Teal'c there to give you backup."

"Backup Sir? I don't really think she's really that much of a danger Sir."

"Backup just in case Colonel." General Hammond said. Jack mentally slapped himself on the head and thought, Duh.

Major Carter gave a little bit of a nod. "Yes Sir. We are on our way."

The rest of SG-1 left the briefing room. Daniel, of course, dropped a few of his papers and went back to get them.

"Jack?" General Hammond said his name, to make sure he was still on the line, because he wanted to tell him some wise words.

"Yes General?" Jack already knew what the general was going to say, but still listened.

"Be careful. And make sure she doesn't go to the press."

"Well sir, it's not like anyone's going to believe her if she does or anything."

"She'll probably find someone who does."

"Tabloids sir?"

General Hammond smiled and let out a little laugh, "Just be careful Jack."

"Hey, don't worry about me."

Colonel O'Neill hung up and headed back to the coffee shop where him and Allayah first talked to each other.

"So, I take it you wanted to talk to me again." She said startling Jack.

"Ah!" He yelled jumping up from his chair.

She smiled, "Day dreaming?"

"Why'd you do that?"

Allayah sat down on the chair by Jack. "I'm sorry about that."

"What do you want?" Jack asked impatiently.

"Oh I thought it was the other way around." She looked at him for a second. She looked around and sighed. "I have enough names and evidence that I need to go to the press."

"Blah blah, yada yada." He looked at her. "Who's going to believe you? Tabloids, maybe. I can give you a some names of some papers if you want."

Allayah looked at the ground like she was thinking of something to say. She stood up. Jack stood up as well. Jack looked up at her. "Who do you work for? NID? CIA? FBI? ATF? Who?"

"Whom. Whom do you work for." She looked up. "No one at all... No one you know."

"Well that sure narrows it down."

A woman roller bladed by, separating Jack and Allayah said, "Excuse me."

The woman kept on rollering by, "They're talking. The Colonel is asking her whom she works for. So far, she's not saying." Major Carter kept roller bladeing along the sidewalk talking into the mic in her headphones for her 'walkman'.

"Uhh... roger that Sam." Daniel was in a stakeout van watching Colonel O'Neill talking with Allayah. "Well if she was NID that wouldn't make any sense for her to go talking to Jack."

She slowed. "You know how much they like him."

"Well not only that. I mean they know all about the program and that."

"Look, I'm going to go back there just to check it out again."

Daniel was worried. He thought he knew Allayah when he had heard her name at the briefing, but he defiantly knew it was her. "Ok. Just, be careful ok?" Daniel said glancing back at the monitor of Jack and Annayah.

"You really think you could stop me?" Allayah asked Jack with a smile on her face from one ear to the other.

"Well, I was thinking that maybe if I call I few people maybe I could get you a nice cell somewhere with a view." Jack answered her sarcastically when she stopped him abruptly.

She rose up her hand and slapped him hard. She started to walk away suddenly, "Have a nice life Jack."

Sam came back to them rollering on by Allayah. "Jesus!" Allayah yelled as Sam 'accidentally' cut in front of her. She continued to walk away frustrated at Jack and Sam-the roller blader.

"Sir, you okay?" Sam asked Jack conservatively.

"Yeah Major. Why did you ask?" He turned to her rubbing his cheek.

"Well, I thought that," She started to respond but stopped herself in mid-sentence. She thought to herself for a few seconds. Major Carter felt something when she thought back, "Oh my God." She pulled her helmet off of her head and laughed for a half second, then repeated, "Oh my God." She then looked at Colonel O'Neill. Seriously she said to him, "She's a Goa'uld."

"What?" Colonel O'Neill almost yelled starring at her in the eyes.

"I sensed a presence of a Goa'uld. I should have noticed it when I first went by but I didn't." She looked at the sidewalk then back at Jack. "We have to go after her."

"Teal'c, anything?" Jack said into the radio that he had.

"I do not see any sign of Allayah, O'Neill." Teal'c had respond back. No luck of any kind turned up in Major Carter and Colonel O'Neill's search for her.

"Well, just keep on looking." Colonel O'Neill was angry.

Sam called on Daniel, "Daniel, where do you think she went?"

"Well, I don't know! She could've gone anywhere!" Daniel said obviously aggravated because of their discovery.

Daniel looked at all the monitors and switching back and forth through camera angles.

"Anywhere isn't good enough of an answer Daniel!" Jack yelled into the radio, the sound pounding into Daniel's ears. He took off the headphones and unplugged them. He pumped the sound through speakers in the van.

"Well, I'm sorry. It's the only answer I have at the moment Jack." Daniel closed his eyes for a split second then opened them again to see the door of the van fly open. Daniel stood up grabbing the zat he had with him.

Allayah climbed into the van, uninvited of course. She said in a human voice, "Daniel. It is so good to see you again." She took a step towards him.

Daniel stood there with the zat in his hands ready to shoot her once to put her unconscious. "Don't make me shoot you."

Her eyes glowed and she stepped forwards once again. "Daniel Jackson. You would not hurt me... Just remember Daniel. Remember those nights we spent together. How you loved me so dearly." She took another small step forward.

"Don't!" He threatened her. He didn't want to shoot her. He didn't want to have to kill his girlfriend. He loved her so much, and now he finds the truth. It was all a lie.

"We can spend an eternity together. Our dear beloved." She smiled at him. "What thoughts must run through your head now. But," She smiled an enormous smile then continued, "Questions are plentiful, answers are few." She laughed. "The Harcesis said this to you: 'Dreams sometimes teach'."

"Who are you and how do you know that?" He asked her raising the zat-niki-tal a touch higher.

"If you must know for certain,"

"Oh I must." Daniel interrupted sounding completing unsurprised at her arrogance and extremely upset of the truth.

"My name is Seshat."

"Goddess of writing, calculation and," She cut Daniel off before he could finish.

"Fate." She smiled. "You are very wise Daniel Jackson. Very well informed. Especially with Egypt. Ancient Egypt." She walked around in the small van. "You wonder how I know the knowledge that I possess?"

"Yes I do. Tell me, or, I will shoot."

"I believe you." She looked at him in the eyes. "My host has the natural ability to, in a sense, read peoples minds. Yours for example. Or Colonel O'Neill. So, I could determine your fate."

"That sort of makes sense. If you didn't have a clue how the person was, you wouldn't have a clue how to make their fate come true."

"Hey Daniel? Wake up there Space monkey!" Jack said into the radio. Daniel had unplugged the headphones and pumped the sound into the speakers of the equipment in the van earlier.

Seshat looked at the controls in the van. Daniel looked at Seshat for a moment then he too looked at those controls as well he looked at her again. Seshat saw the opportunity to get the zat away from Daniel. She ran to him and punched him hard to the floor of the van. She took the zat out of his hand and shot him once. She opened up a radio channel to the remaining members of SG-1 (the ones that were conscious), and then said in a Goa'uld voice, "If you make any attempt to save your friend, I will kill him." She waited for a response. Getting no immediate one, Seshat walked over to Daniel who was unconscious and she then smiled. She got to the front of the van, turned the ignition and drove off with Daniel in the back.

"Damnit!" Jack yelled almost ready to kick something, or, maybe, someone. Teal'c and Major Carter looked at him because of his outburst. "She's got Daniel." He looked down at the ground and then started to walk around a little bit.

Major Carter's eyes darted around rapidly, "What are we going to do?" She looked at Colonel O'Neill then at Teal'c then back at Jack. "The Goa'uld has Daniel. We don't know where they could've gone."

"Well, she can't get too far without going to a border or an airport or something." Jack had an idea. He took out his cell phone and started to dial a number. It started to ring. Sam and Teal'c looked at him and he looked back. Someone pick up on the other line and Jack started talking vigorously.

Sam turned and looked at Teal'c, now understanding what the Colonel was trying to do. "If she is looking for a way off of the planet, she'll have to get out of Colorado first." Teal'c raised an eyebrow in apparent understanding.

Jack got off of his cell phone, "Come on." Jack said and they went back to the SGC.

"Oh." Daniel groaned after a bump in the road brought him half way back to the land of the conscious. The van stopped and a few minutes later, the back door of the vehicle flew open. "Mommy, I want to go home. I don't want to stay here anymore." Daniel had obviously been drugged. He was being pulled by his feet out of the van, muttering phrases such as, 'My leg hurts.' 'Mommy, Daddy lets go home.' He was pulled out of the van and fell onto the hard ground when he yelled, "No!" Daniel Jackson was obviously thinking about the sight of seeing his parents killed, and having to be forced to live it over and over again for the amusement of a man by the name of the Gamekeeper.

Seshat jumped slightly at his sudden outburst. She pulled him up-and helped him stay-on his feet. She nodded to someone who was helping the Goa'uld. Daniel couldn't see the man's face for he was seeing double vision and that vision itself was blurry. He heard the sound of an airplane engines being turned on and Seshat forced him onto the plane. When he was safely in a seat, Seshat stroked his face slowly and smiled. Daniel's vision was beginning to return to as normal as it could be without his glasses on. He could see Seshat now with no problem. Seshat noticed this, and grabbed that was hard-maybe a briefcase or something-and hit Daniel in the face. Everything went black to him as he went unconscious once again.

************************************************

"Come on!" Jack yelled as he waited in the briefing room for Major Carter, Teal'c and General Hammond.

He became very impatient and knocked over the pitcher of water-along with the nice glasses-that was on the briefing room table. He stopped himself from being more destructive and thought for a moment putting his hands on the top of his head. As he realized something, he ran out of the room, and soon, out of the mountain.

A few minutes later, Major Carter, Teal'c and General Hammond came into the briefing room looking around for Colonel O'Neill. General Hammond ordered that there be a search of the mountain for Jack, and the search for him was soon on. Major Carter already knew that he was no longer in the mountain, and more then that; she thought she knew where he went. "Egypt." General Hammond and Teal'c looked at her, waiting for her to explain. "That's where the Goa'uld took Daniel: Egypt. The Goa'uld probably has a ship or something there waiting for her just like Osiris did. And," She looked hard at General Hammond, "That is where Colonel O'Neill has gone."

"Oh no..." Daniel said as he awoke yet again. He had fell out of the seat that Seshat had put him in when he was unconscious. He was now on the floor. His vision was again blurry, because he had been hit hard in the face. Daniel got to his feet and stumbled over to the opposite side of the plane. He was still feeling the effects of the drugs that Seshat had given him.

What the hell did she give me? Daniel thought silently as he fell onto the floor again. He attempted to stand up again, this time with more success. He tried to open the door to the cockpit but it was locked. He pulled the door desperately, still trying to get it open. He felt weary and asked himself with slurred speak what he had thought before, "Wha te 'ell wass tha' shii tha see ave to mee?" He felt tired and let himself crumple up in a heap on the floor of the airplane. Seshat came out from the door in the back of the plane. Her face went into a frown when she noticed that heap that was Daniel on the floor in front of the door that lead to the cockpit. She took a small vial out of a bag that was over her shoulder and also took out a needle. Seshat filled 15cc of the needle full of the drug that was in the vial and injected the contents into Daniel's left arm. Daniel groaned for a second and he moved his right arm, trying to grab something that wasn't there. His arm stopped moving and went limp as he drifted deeper and deeper to sleep. Seshat smiled at this and said, "Soon, you will be reunited with your friends." She stroked his hair and kissed his forehead. She smiled.

Daniel opened his eyes. He noticed that he was in a temple of some sort. He thought, where am I now? What the hell is going on here? He heard the sound of someone walking towards him. He sat up and tried to focus his vision on the person coming towards him. "Who are you? What do you want with me? Where am I? Why am I here?" He asked, memory obviously being blocked by enough of the drug that was given to him. Seshat went onto her knees in front of him. She pit her hand to his face but Daniel pulled back, away from her and blinked repeatedly, still trying to focus his vision.

Out of surprise, Seshat then moved her hand away from him, puzzled. She stood up and walked over to the opposite side of the room, filled with lines and lines of hieroglyphs on the walls. She moved her hands over a few of those lines. Daniel stared at her, stopping occasionally to rub his eyes, and to pinch his nose. Seshat sighed and let her arm drop back onto her side. She looked at her watch, looking very impatient. Daniel moved to try to stand. Seshat walked over to him, helping Daniel stand. Her eyes glowed and said in a Goa'uld voice, "You will join us and do our bidding. Soon, your friends will join us here. I am sure of it." Daniel thought, very puzzlingly, why is her voice like that? And friends? What friends may they be? "Who are you?" He moved away from her. "How do I know you?" He laughed a little bit, only for a second, then continued on talking to her, "I, I have these, these feelings for you. Some, feelings. Feelings of love, and hatred. I feel like I know you very well. Do I? How well do I know you?" Shiny little tears formed in his eyes as he began to cry. He put his head in his hands and Seshat cam over and hugged him, tightly for a minute or two, until he stopped crying. She moved away from him, and helped him sit down. He sat and closed his eyes and started to drift off to sleep. He heard a loud noise and he woke up and scrambled to his feet.

"Don't move!" Jack yelled with a 9mm gripped tightly in his hands. He turned his attention towards the condition of Daniel Jackson, but still aiming the gun at Seshat. "Daniel? You okay?" Daniel looked at him puzzled. He called me Daniel... My name is Daniel. Think Damnit! You can remember everything! You know who he is... Daniel thought gripping his eyes shut, and putting his fists over his ears and sat on the hard, warm ground. He started to say over and over again, "Remember, remember, remember..."

Jack glanced over at Daniel, very confused. "What did you do to him?" Seshat smiled. Jack yelled at Seshat, "What the hell did you do to him?!" Seshat winced at the loudness of Jack's voice.

Suddenly Daniel looked at Jack. Stopped repeating words, he opened his eyes. "Jack? Jack where am I?" Daniel looked around and saw Seshat. Startled, he scrambled to his feet. He stood beside Jack. Jack handed him an extra 9mm that he had to Daniel. Daniel aimed it at Seshat. Daniel panned his eyes around the room.

Seshat made her eyes glowed again. "You can not stop me from conquering the system lords." Her human voice was barely even heard in the voice of the Goa'uld.

Jack almost laughed at her proud, yet selfish statement. "I don't think so." Jack put on a small sarcastic smile.

Seshat smiled back at him and rose up her left hand. Daniel heard the sound of the Goa'uld hand device activating, very slowly. He felt a paralyzing feeling in him. Daniel dropped the gun and cried out in sudden pain as he bumped into Jack, causing the 9mm to slip out of Jack's hands. Jack was ready to cry out and yell at Daniel when the hand device on Seshat's hand threw them through the air. Daniel and Jack hit the wall with great force and Jack groaned in pain.

Seshat smiled, "We shall see if your statement is true O'Neill." She still had her hand raised high, and walked over into a different position. "I promise you O'Neill, I will return to the Tau'ri." She pressed something on the piece of alien technology, and ring transports took her onto a ship waiting above. The ship moved away, and Seshat was gone.

Jack groaned and sat up. He pulled Daniel up with him and slapped him lightly on the face. Daniel opened his eyes and Jack said at him, "What the hell was that for Daniel?"

Daniel looked at him and stood up and looked at Jack who also got up. "I don't know really. I, I... I didn't know. I forgot. I... it felt like I was... paralyzed or something. She... she gave me some drugs... and for a few minutes, I forgot everything about me... about you... about everything." He blinked and looked around. He sighed. "She's gone isn't she?"

"Well, that's kind of obvious there Daniel." Jack said sarcastically as he picked up the two 9mm that had fallen.

"Colonel! Daniel!" Major Carter and Teal'c came running to the room. Carter moved over to check up on Daniel who had his head in his hands.

"Great timing Carter. You missed all the fun." He plastered a fake sarcastic smile on his face.

"Daniel's been heavily drugged. We should get him out of here. Where's the Goa'uld?" Sam said as she helped Daniel walk out of the room.

"She got away in a ship." Jack said as they started to leave the temple.

Epilogue

"We were unaware that Seshat was still alive." Selmac paced along by the window.

When SG-1 had returned from Egypt, they had contacted the Tok'ra about Seshat's very minored detailed plan to take over the system lords. Naturally, the Tok'ra sent the oldest and wisest-Selmac.

"Was still alive?" Jack said. He was quite upset. "Why wasn't Seshat part of your, 'Goa'uld census'?"

Selmac sat down. "Seshat was not part of our 'census' that the Tok'ra had conducted about two years ago because the Tok'ra and the system lords, believed her to be dead."

Daniel turned his head to face Selmac. "You thought that Seshat was dead? How did this, belief come about?" Daniel was outraged. Sam looked at him concerned because of his strange behavior. "I mean, come on! Seshat is obviously alive and living! I really don't know how you can get living and dead confused." Daniel took in a deep breath and closed his eyes for a second. Jack poured a glass of water and handed it to Daniel. Daniel was still feeling mixed effects from the drugs that Seshat had given him. Daniel had gone from feeling weak and groggy, to losing his memory for a short period of time, then to now, being outraged and short tempered. Janet Fraiser had come up empty on what drugs Seshat gave Daniel is causing him to feel all these adverse effects. The only thing that Janet could find so far was that Daniel was given a mixture of drugs that was not made from anything on earth. Janet found minute traces of Naquada in Daniel's blood stream.

Daniel's head went *thunk* as his head went down onto the table. After a few seconds, Daniel lifted his head up and wiped away some tears and said, "I'm sorry." Jack pushed the glass of water towards him a little bit more, insisting that Daniel take it. Daniel looked at it, and then looked at Jack.

Jacob decided to continue, and answer Daniel's out of control question that was now in everyone's mind, begging for Jacob or Selmac to answer. "The last that we heard of Seshat was shortly after you killed Ra." He gestured towards Jack and Daniel. He continued, "Seshat was Apophis' queen before Amaunet. Apophis was going to rejoin with Seshat at a remote location, and after that, they were to head an attack on Earth."

Sam saw where this was heading, "But something happened before they reunited. Or else we probably wouldn't be here right now."

"Exactly." Jacob looked at Sam and went back to explaining, "Seshat had a large fleet. Larger then Apophis' at the time. Seshat had made it to the location unscathed. She was waiting there for Apophis. One of the most loyal commanders in Seshat's fleet requested an audience with Seshat herself. She,"

Sam interrupted her father to say surprisingly, "She?"

Jacob ignored her and continued, "She was last known person to have met with Seshat, and a report from a Tok'ra operative aboard Seshat's vessel said that Seshat was seen being strangled by her top commander-the one who had met with her. And that Seshat's body was put in a cargo ship and sent into space."

Jack looked around the room, looking a bit annoyed. "Well then how did she end up on Earth alive?"

Jacob closed his eyes and looked down. Selmac took control and answered Colonel O'Neill's question with an obvious answer, "The region of space that Seshat and Apophis were to reunite at was moderately close to Earth. In that way, they would not have to travel too far to reach your world."

"Impatient is the word." Jack said looking down at a pen that he was playing with. "Those two were too impatient to travel a very long way together to try to get us so, there ya have it." Jack sighed. He was tired. Everyone was tired. Especially Daniel Jackson. "Well, if she was sent out into space, and she was actually sent here... Here arises an all so obvious question, how the hell did she get to be alive on Earth?"

Daniel answered this one with a sleepy voice, "Seshat had some who helped her." Everyone looked at Daniel. "When Seshat had me captured, I saw someone who was helping her. I didn't get to see his face clearly because of being drugged and all." He thought back for a moment. "He must still be on Earth. Seshat was the only one who went up to the ship that she had waiting for her. He might have been a Goa'uld, I don't know. He didn't say anything. He just dragged me somewhere..." Daniel's voice wandered off. Sam looked at him, very concerned for her friend. Daniel stared at the table for a few seconds and blinked several times. He took a sip of the water that Jack had gave him and set the glass back onto the table. "If this person was helping Seshat for a long time, he could have a sarcophagus and brought her back to life. And, he himself who had helped Seshat could have put the sarcophagus in some location that no one knows about, and could also have put him in it to keep himself alive for a long time. He could have been alive since before the rebellion against Ra occurred in Ancient Egypt."

Sam said the words that she had said before, "We may have another Goa'uld on Earth." She thought for a moment. "If this is a Goa'uld we are talking about, we don't know if it is or is not the same Goa'uld that took control of Adrian Conrad. Because we aren't sure what happened to him." She looked at Colonel O'Neill, "And we are not sure that it was Maybourne who shot you and took Adrian Conrad." Jack raised his eyebrows up and set them down.

Selmac intervened on the tense situation and said, "We will try to track down Seshat and see if any Tok'ra have any information on Seshat's whereabouts." He stood up, and continued, "We will contact you when we receive any information."

Sam, Jack, General Hammond and Teal'c followed Selmac out of the briefing room to show him off back to the Stargate as he went back to the Tok'ra base. Daniel stayed in the briefing room and drank some water. He stared at the wall and took another sip. Sam came back into the room after her father left and the Stargate deactivated. She looked at Daniel for a second. She walked over to him and gave him a hug. He realized then that everything would turn out just fine.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to (Martouf Marty)Stephanie