Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Fate

by Martouf Marty
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Fate

by (Martouf Marty)Stephanie

TITLE: Fate
AUTHOR: (Martouf Marty)Stephanie
EMAIL: steph_m_@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Action/Adventure, Future story, Hurt/Comfort, Series
PAIRING: Sam/Jack, Daniel/Sha're, Daniel/other
SPOILERS: Forever In a Day, Past and Present, Prisoners, Enemies, Beasts of Burden
SEASON / SEQUEL: 5
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: adult themes, character death, language, male/female relationship, violence
SUMMARY: SG-1 get captured by an old friend
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.

Prologue

Daniel sat at his desk that was covered in books and papers. He was in his office working on a translation that he had been working on for the past few days. He looked over the papers a few times trying to figure it out.

He looked away from the papers and looked at the picture of Sha're he had on his desk. He moved his hand over to the picture. He missed her greatly, but he knew that Sha're would have wanted him to move on with his life. And, he did. He thought back at what it had turned into. There was Kera, the woman who ended up being Linea, and then there was Allayah Faison who ended up being the Goa'uld Seshat. He closed his eyes thinking about what had happened. He sighed at the thoughts. It had only been a month since those events occurred. But it seemed sometimes as if it were only yesterday, and on other days, it felt as if it had been years ago.

"Hey, Daniel." Jack knocked on the door leading to Daniel's office. Before Daniel could look at him, Jack walked into his friend's office. He noticed immediately what he was doing, he asked Daniel anyway, "Whatcha doin'?"

Daniel started to answer, moving his hand away from the picture of Sha're that he was looking at, "I was uh, just trying to figure out this translation from P91-227." He raised his eyebrows up as he looked at Jack O'Neill. He sighed. Jack sat down on a chair Daniel had in his office. "I was thinking about Sha're. And... I was also thinking about what has happened in the last... six years."

"Yeah, can't believe it's been that long, huh?" Jack tried to be funny. Daniel laughed quietly for a second. Jack smiled and looked at Daniel. He realized that Daniel has been through the most. He thought in his head, everyone just loves him. And everyone just loves to hate him too. He didn't know how true that was, nor did he really bother to care.

Daniel looked up at Jack. He moved some of his papers and stood up, "Well I should get back to work now."

Jack got the hint and said goodbye to Daniel as he left. He had to get some much-needed reports filled out anyways. He smiled as he walked down the hallway, somewhat comfortable with his present surroundings.

Fate

"Daniel, there is no-one out here." Jack said to Daniel. Daniel had thought he had seen someone in the bushes. They were on P3R-214, an uninhabited planet. The only life that was seen was the obvious plant life of trees and various ferns.

"I saw someone. I swear!" Daniel protested. Jack turned around to face the young archaeologist.

"I said there's not a single person here to be seen!" Jack was furious. He spoke into his radio, "Carter, Teal'c, head back to the gate. We'll meet you there."

"No-one in sight? What if she's hiding Jack?" Daniel was still trying to convince himself more then he was trying to convince Jack that he had seen someone.

Jack stopped and waited a few seconds for Carter or Teal'c to call back with a radio transmission. "Carter? Teal'c? Please respond." He waited again. "Carter! Teal'c!"

"Sam? Teal'c?" Daniel called into his own radio. Getting no immediate response, he asked Jack, "What do we do?"

Jack sighed and looked around. "Well, maybe we could just go back through the Stargate," He pointed to behind him, "and tell Hammond that Carter and Teal'c are missing and send out a UAV or a search team or something to that sort. Maybe we should just keep on looking." He tried to contact Major Carter and Teal'c once again. This time there was a response. But it wasn't a voice that neither Colonel O'Neill nor Daniel Jackson wanted, or expected to hear.

"Kree Jaffa! Find their companions. Our Goddess will be most pleased to know of their capture." The voice was of a Jaffa warrior. Daniel and Jack looked at each other.

"Daniel now is not the time for I told you so." Jack said because he saw that Daniel looked as if he were about to speak. Jack raised his P-90 towards the bushes in front of them.

Daniel took his 9mm out and followed Jack's cue. A noise that they had heard coming from the bushes repeated again.

Zat fire broke out and a shot hit Daniel. He fell to the ground, out cold. Jack had tried to avoid a zat fire aimed his way, but was skimmed and fell to the ground. He was still conscious when he saw a large group of Jaffa come out of the bushes along with a woman who Colonel O'Neill thought looked very familiar to him. He couldn't see her face clearly because of the first shot that was a near miss. The woman then raised the zat-niki-tal she had in her right hand and shot it, killing Colonel O'Neill.

"Oh Damnit!" Daniel groaned as he woke up in obvious pain.

"Daniel Jackson!" Teal'c came over to the opposite side of the room, over to Daniel Jackson's side.

Daniel groaned again and tried to get to his feet. He rose to his feet and stumbled when he got up. Teal'c helped him stay on his feet. "Where are Sam and Jack?" He blinked a few times. He looked at Teal'c, "They are dead aren't they?"

"I myself saw Major Carter shot twice with a zat-niki-tal." He looked around the room then back at Daniel. "I believe that we are the only members of SG-1 who indeed alive."

"Well," Daniel sat down. "Unless they have a sarcophagus." He sighed. "Which I think that they probably would have considering it is a Goa'uld and all who does have up locked up here."

Teal'c raised an eyebrow, and turned his head, "Indeed."

Daniel leaned against the wall and closed his eyes, hoping that the remaining pain would stop, and that Jack and Sam were alive.

The door of a large room opened where a sarcophagus was inside. The woman who had shot Jack with the zat walked into the room heels clicking as she walked. The Goa'uld sarcophagus started to open. Two Jaffa walked over to it and carried Major Carter out of it. She was unconscious. The Jaffa carried Major Carter out of the room and headed towards the room where Teal'c and Daniel Jackson were being held. Two other Jaffa grabbed the lifeless body of Colonel O'Neill and placed him nicely into the sarcophagus. The Goa'uld smiled under the mask she wore as the door for the device closed. She said to the Jaffa that were closest to her, "Make sure that Major Carter and the Shol'va Teal'c are cared for properly. Do not allow them to escape. Use whatever means necessary to keep them there." She looked back to the Jaffa. "And bring Daniel Jackson here to me." The Jaffa nodded in acknowledgment and left the room.

The two Jaffa came into the room with Major Carter in arms. Daniel and Teal'c stood up, out of their way. "Sam!" Daniel said out of sudden surprise of seeing her alive. The Jaffa then left.

Daniel leaned over the side of Samantha. "Sam! Wake up! Wake up." Daniel said in desperation.

The door came open again and two different Jaffa came in. Daniel stood up and looked at them. Once Jaffa looked directly at Daniel Jackson. He pointed at him saying, "You will come with us." Daniel looked at Teal'c then watched his step as he stepped over Carter's unconscious body. He walked with the Jaffa, one in front of him. The second Jaffa was behind him, with a staff weapon pointed at Daniel, poking him with the weapon, forcing him to walk ahead.

"Oh god." Sam moved over onto her side. "Feels like I got a hangover or something." She looked at Teal'c, and when she didn't see Dr. Jackson or Colonel O'Neill, she asked Teal'c, "Daniel? Colonel O'Neill? Where are they?"

"Daniel Jackson was taken by two Jaffa. I have not seen O'Neill since we separated to search for what Daniel Jackson may have possibly seen." Teal'c told the truth to Major Carter.

Sam leaned against the nearest wall. "Well where are we then?" Sam hadn't even bothered to look over the whole room.

"We are aboard a Goa'uld mother-ship." Teal'c told her. Sam tried to stand up. "You should rest Major Carter."

Sam, of course, didn't listen to him. "I'm fine." She stood up feeling a little dizzy. She recovered quickly and asked Teal'c, "Whom do we happen to be captured by anyway?"

"I am unsure. The Jaffa that I have seen to have been Jaffa that have been absorbed when Apophis was killed." Teal'c told Samantha Jane Carter. Now, Sam was the one who was hoping that the other two members of SG-1 were all right, and most of all, alive.

The Jaffa pushed Daniel along until they got to a door. The Jaffa that was ahead of Daniel opened the and as it opened, the Jaffa behind Daniel pushed him ahead into the room. He forced him to walk ahead until the Jaffa stopped him and forced him onto his knees.

The Goa'uld sat on the throne. Daniel looked at the mask that she wore as she stood up. She moved over the Daniel Jackson. She stopped no more then two feet ahead of him when she went onto her knees. She looked at him, his eyes fiery with anger, and fear. He forced himself to star back at the dull masked enemy. The Goa'uld moved he hand to her face, and proceeded in removing the mask. Daniel's face went pale, and looked like he was shocked to see her actual face. He recognized her almost immediately. He let out a whisper to say its name, "Seshat."

She smiled at him, "I'm glad you remember me Daniel Jackson." She put her hands up to touch his soft skinned face. Daniel turned his head away from her approaching hand.

"How could I forget you? You almost killed me and Jack." Daniel told her, bring back more then just a handful of memories. "You could have kept that fact that you are alive a little secret that no one knew about. Now, the rest of the Goa'uld know that you are alive."

"This is very true. I could have tried to take over your world-the Tau'ri-if I wanted to." She stood up and started to walk around Daniel, "I could have stayed, and the Goa'uld would never have known of my ever longing existence." She leaned over to whisper in Daniel's ear suddenly, "The Goa'uld system lords want me dead as much as your world, and the Tok'ra." She started to move her hand through his hair. "But, we could have left together. You could have come with me."

"Why didn't you just take me with you then? If you want me to be with you so much, why not?" He looked at her. "I was defenseless, I wasn't able to hurt you. I was unconscious for God's sake!" She smiled at his angry outburst. She moved in front of him, still on her knees. Daniel kept on talking, "But, if you wanted me dead, you could have just shot me again with the zat. I would've been killed."

Seshat stood up and walked around to her throne. "I didn't want you dead. I wanted you all alive. You and Colonel O'Neill would have been very profitable on my behalf. I laid a trap for our friends. You were the bait." She stopped walking and looked at Daniel. He stared back, in disgust at her. She just smiled and continued on talking, "But Colonel O'Neill disrupted my plans. He came by himself."

"So when you realized that you couldn't get all of us, you just decided to leave all of us. So, you could try and capture us later. All of us. Together." Daniel stood up. Two Jaffa went to stop him from getting to his feet. Seshat motioned for them not to stop him. "You could have just captured me and Jack. You could have captured us and then wait for an opportunity to capture Teal'c and Major Carter." He stopped for a second and took in a deep, uneasy breath. "You're like a rotten kid. If you can't get all of what you want, you won't have any of it." Daniel cleared his throat. "Well, I see another flaw in your plan. You may have us captured, but you could never force me-or any of us-to help you with whatever plans you have to take out the system lords."

Seshat was deeply angered by this. She rose up her left hand, slowly activating the Goa'uld hand device, aiming it towards Daniel. He closed his eyes. Daniel Jackson flew back, hitting the wall and falling down in obvious agony. His head turned and his eyes closed again as he fell into unconsciousness.

Seshat moved to cause more pain to Daniel, when the sarcophagus started to open. She put her left hand down onto her side and turned her attention away from the motionless Daniel to the opening device. She walked over to it, as did two Jaffa. Colonel O'Neill raised himself up almost immediately and saw Daniel, unconscious on the floor, and he also turned and saw Seshat standing over him. Seshat's eyes glowed and Jack scrambled out of the sarcophagus as the two Jaffa moved to catch him to pull him away from Seshat, and out of the room.

Seshat smiled and told two remaining Jaffa to bring Daniel over to an area in the room where there was a pillow and a rug on the floor. The Jaffa brought him over to that area and placed him roughly on the floor. That area was a small area between the two walls and resembled a small room without a door. A force field appeared in place after the Jaffa left.

Seshat spoke in Goa'uld to them. They hesitated for a second on what she asked them to do. Seshat repeated herself, this time in a louder more unsettling voice. They nodded briefly and hurried out of the room. Seshat smiled and settled herself in her throne.

Jack tried to escape from the two Jaffa. He tried to push between the two but they stopped him. It looked as if Jack were a patient not wanting to be treated-trying to escape, while the Jaffa resembled two security guards trying to restrain him.

One of the Jaffa pulled away from him and brought up his staff weapon, hitting Colonel O'Neill in the head. Jack fell to the hard floor. The Jaffa looked at his counterpart seeing that he was upset because of his actions. "Kree-Non'tac, this is not what our Queen instructed us to do! We were to take him to his friends unscathed." The Jaffa told the other one who's name was apparently Non'tac. Jack listened to them argue wondering how stupid they really were arguing among themselves while he was on the floor after the hit. Jack sat up and looked back and forth at them. They still argued-ignoring Colonel O'Neill.

Jack decided to try to push his luck. One of the two Jaffa had dropped their staff weapon near him. He grabbed it and shot the one that was closest in the aim of the weapon.

The Jaffa fell down, dead and quickly the other one started to raise his staff. He was too late. Jack fired at him. The Jaffa, too, fell down dead. Jack stood up and knew that he must've been close to where the others were. He saw the assortment of weapons before him and also saw the fact that someone was going to notice the two dead Jaffa. He saw an open area and started to drag the dead bodies over there. Jack quickly formed a plan in his head. He fell back suddenly onto the floor as a wave of acceleration fell over the ship.

Sam stood up. "We just entered hyperspace." She looked at Teal'c.

"Indeed we have Major Carter. This Goa'uld appears to be moving us to a more secure location other then P3R-214." Teal'c said in agreement with Major Carter.

Sam looked around the room and back at Teal'c. "Because the SGC will come looking for us if we don't return soon." She let out a tine laugh. "I guess this Goa'uld is too scared to come up against Earth." Sam started to laugh uncontrollably. She fell to her knees with quiet laughter. Soon, Sam was lying on her back, on the floor still laughing.

Teal'c looked at her confused. "Major Carter? Are you implying that our current situation is somehow humorous to you?"

Sam started to cough in between laughs. "Teal'c." She managed to say. Teal'c came over to her side.

"Major Carter-I believe that your body chemistry may have somehow been compromised by a drug." He helped her sit up. She started to stop every once in a while to catch her breath between laughs.

"Maybe." She laughed out. She turned herself around to put her back against the wall. She laughed still, but not as much as she had before. She thought silently in her head, 'Please, don't let me die like this. On a Goa'uld mother ship headed to only god knows where, captured by someone who is too cowardly to show her face, having no clue where Colonel O'Neill or Daniel are, and laughing my freakin' guts out.' She let her head fall back and hit the wall softly.

Teal'c put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "I am confident that O'Neill and Daniel Jackson are alive Major Carter."

"Yeah." Sam said in between some laughter. She put one hand cupped over her forehead. She closed her eyes. Major Samantha Carter still laughed, not under control of her own emotions.

Jack walked in the very heavy armor with a staff in hand and a zat-niki-tal on arm-literally. He felt that if he had taken the staff and zat from the other Jaffa, it would have looked like he killed another Jaffa to get it-which was true. Jack realized that he didn't need to take it from them when he could get two or more other ones from the two Jaffa that were guarding the room where Major Carter and Teal'c were being held.

His boots made clanging noises against the floor as he walked towards the Jaffa. "I'm here to see the prisoners." He stopped and told them.

One of the Jaffa stepped forward. "Why do you not show your face?" He asked Jack skeptically.

Jack answered with ease. "My helmet has malfunctioned. I have not found the opportunity to repair it."

"Maybe I could repair it for you." The Jaffa said and reached his hand towards Jack's helmet. Jack stopped his hand before he tried to open it.

"Do not touch me!" He decided quickly to take a trick out of Teal'c's book about having to get where you want, when you have to. "Must I return to our Queen and tell her I was stalled on checking up on the prisoners because of your concern for a simple helmet?" Jack said as the same was a Jaffa may have talked. Jack turned to leave. The Jaffa stopped him from leaving.

"Please-do not." He sounded as if he were pleading to Jack. "I will let you see the prisoners." He pressed several keys on the pad by the door. The door came open.

Teal'c and Major Carter looked up. Major Carter was able to minimize her laughter down to only a few times every minute.

"You will leave me to speak to the prisoners alone." Jack turned and told the Jaffa. Teal'c looked at them a little confused.

The same Jaffa that spoke before, spoke again, confused, "I cannot let you do that. We are instructed to never leave anyone alone with the prisoner from the Tau'ri."

"Shall I tell our Queen about your failure to respond to a direct request?" Jack threw the words at him. The Jaffa looked at him.

"No. I will leave you alone to speak to them." He said to Jack, falling into Jack's trap once again. Jack smiled at this and walked into the room. The door closed behind him.

Teal'c stood up. "You may torture me all you wish, but you will obtain no information from me." He said bravely, and proudly.

"Teal'c, I wouldn't even think about that." Jack replied. Teal'c looked very confused now. Sam looked at Jack still laughing. Jack opened his helmet.

"O'Neill." Teal'c said as if he were surprised that his friend was alive.

"Yeah Teal'c. This armor weighs like a ton." He took off the helmet and looked at Carter who was laughing. "Carter? Are you ok?" He looked at Teal'c and asked him, "What's wrong with her?"

"I believe she may have been drugged." Teal'c looked at Major Carter briefly and looked back at Colonel O'Neill.

Jack closed his eyes and pinched his nose. "That makes sense." Teal'c looked at him as if to asked, 'How so?' "The Goa'uld who we happen to be most graciously captured by just happens to be our lovely drugging friend Seshat." He laughed for a second. "Funny huh?" He laughed again. This time with no control over his laughter just like Major Carter had earlier. Teal'c noticed this almost immediately.

"O'Neill, I believe you may have been drugged as well." Teal'c said to Jack.

"How?" He coughed out, "How did she drug me? I woke up in the sarcophagus! I was dead before that! How could I have been drugged Damnit?!" Colonel O'Neill stopped laughing and yelled loudly. He headed towards the other side of the room by where Major Carter was. Teal'c looked at his dumbfounded.

Jack hugged Sam and she hugged him back. Jack kissed her hair. He whispered to her, "It's going to be ok Sam. It'll be ok." He stroked he hair and kissed it again.

"I believe you Jack." She stopped crying and pulled away from him. Jack helped her up onto her feet. Sam and Jack stared into each other's eyes. They were both thinking of doing the same thing.

Sam, Jack and Teal'c all looked towards the door as it opened. Seshat came into the room along with a half a dozen Jaffa. Teal'c had the zat in his hand. Seshat spoke, "Drop the weapon." Teal'c looked at her, thinking of what to do. "Drop the weapon, or I will kill Major Carter!"

"No!" Jack yelled on what she had threatened to do. He walked slowly towards Teal'c. "Put down the zat Teal'c."

Teal'c listened to him. He put the zat on the floor. Two Jaffa stepped forward and took the zat and the staff that were both on the floor.

Seshat walked over to Colonel O'Neill. Seshat looked him over. She grabbed his throat with her right hand and made her eyes glow in anger at him. He stared into her eyes as she began to choke the life out of him. "You will never learn." She said with a sigh. "Were you planning an escape? To where?" She laughed, "This ship is in hyperspace. You would not have been able to escape this vessel even if you could have been able to shut down the hyper drive." She squeezed his throat hard and he tried to cry out in pain, trying to get a breath. She pushed him to the floor. "You are a fool." Seshat turned away from Jack. She told two Jaffa to bring Jack along with her.

Seshat took a zat-niki-tal from a Jaffa and turning back to Colonel O'Neill, shot him once. Jack fell unconscious. Sam yelled, "No!" She tried to get to Seshat or to Jack but four Jaffa held her down. She kept on yelling even though there was nothing she could do to help him.

Daniel tried to get out of the room. He realized that he couldn't because of the force field in place that just wouldn't go away.

He sat against the wall nearest to him and closed his eyes. He thought for a moment about what he would, or could do to escape this place. He shuddered at what he came up with. He opened his eyes as he heard the distant sound of Jaffa boots clanging on the floor, along with the sound of high-heels.

He closed his eyes again and rolled them under the eyelids. Daniel still sat there wondering what was happening to his friends and what was going to happen to him.

The door leading into the room, which Daniel had instantly realized, was the Pel'tac opened and Seshat walked in barking orders, "Kree, Jaffa-move the sarcophagus to another location." Two Jaffa nodded and went to do just that. Daniel saw two other Jaffa carry Jack. One held him by the legs and the other carried him under Jack's arms. Seshat pointed over to where Daniel was, and the Jaffa carried Jack over to the area. Another Jaffa turned off the force field and they took Jack through, into the room, throwing him on the ground. Jack groaned as he hit the hard floor. The Jaffa left, but the shield didn't go back up. Seshat told the two Jaffa something in Goa'uld. She spoke very fast and the only thing Daniel heard clearly was his name. The Jaffa came and grabbed Daniel. He made no attempt to walk, so the Jaffa dragged him.

They dragged him over close to where Seshat was standing. Jack got up to see what was happening. He tried to get out of the area but the strong, shimmering blue Goa'uld force field was in place. He couldn't help his friend as Daniel yelled out in pain, as his torturing began.

Sam sat against where the door was. She tried repeatedly to stop herself from worrying but she couldn't. Teal'c was determined to open the door. He pressed numerous combinations of keys on the pad, but none of the combinations he tried so far seemed to work. Teal'c had a good memory, but he couldn't remember what five keys opened the door.

Teal'c pressed another set of five keys, and the door cam open. Sam was leaning against the door, but when the door came up, Sam fell onto her back. She turned her head from left to right. "Looks clear." She couldn't see any neither Jaffa nor Goa'uld down either was of the corridor.

Teal'c looked and agreed. He helped Major Carter to her feet. Both Teal'c and Major Carter knew their way around a Goa'uld mother ship. They headed in one direction. They both didn't want to leave Daniel Jackson or Colonel O'Neill behind, but they still had to consider the possibility that they may have to, if they got an opportunity.

They both walked carefully down the corridor, ready to hide behind something if any Jaffa came along. They had no weapons, but where still ready for any one-on-one combat that surely wasn't going to happen. Teal'c and Sam passed around a corner silently.

Sam and Teal'c were pushed back suddenly. Sam had fallen on her behind because of the sudden deceleration. She cam to her feet and looked almost wide-eyed at Teal'c. "This may be our only chance to save Daniel and Colonel O'Neill." She looked behind he and then in front of her. Nothing. The place was clear of any activity. "This may be our only chance to escape. With, or without them."

Teal'c knew this was true. He knew that they could find O'Neill and Daniel Jackson and attempt a rescue, or, he could open the door in front of them and active the Goa'uld transport rings and go to a cargo ship.

Teal'c and Major Carter moved suddenly, almost out of sight as the door that was in front of them opened. They were just beside the door. The three Jaffa helping another one that came out of there wouldn't be able to see them as long as they didn't look, or walk to their right. Luckily they turned to their left. Teal'c looked back at Major Carter. Sam knew what Teal'c was going to suggest. She agreed with a nod. The door by them, leading to the rings closed. Teal'c and Sam followed the Jaffa.

Daniel was hurt badly. He was bleeding from the mouth, and the nose. He was in serious agony.

Seshat picked up a zat-niki-tal. She held it in her right hand loosely. Daniel's head hurt very badly. Seshat had used the Goa'uld hand device on him several times, along with the Goa'uld device that Daniel had first been damaged by when he tried to free his Unas friend Chaka. He thought it looked like a cattle prod at first. When he was first hurt by it, he had guessed that it hurt much more then an actual prod used on cattle. Seshat smiled at his pain.

"Bitch." Daniel muttered. He hated he much more then he a few seconds before when she put the broad smile on her face. He looked her in the eyes mean fully. He was angry with her. Angry with all the Goa'uld for who, and what they are. He was a very moral man but for how moral he could be, he could not come up with anything moral that the Goa'uld have done for anyone.

The mean smile on Seshat's face disappeared suddenly. She gripped the zat in her hand tightly and prepared to kill Daniel, only to put him in the sarcophagus and bring him back to life to put him through much more pain then he had already experienced in the hands of Seshat.

Before she was able to fire the weapon the door leading to the room opened and the first prime of Seshat came into the Pel'tac. Seshat looked at Daniel in disgust and hit in the face, very hard with the zat. Seshat walked over to her first prime who was now at the controls, and gave him some commands.

Daniel closed his eyes for a second and then forced them open. Painfully, he turned his head to the left to looked at Jack. He noticed that Jack's eyes were watery. It looked as if Jack was about to cry, or already was crying. Jack looked back at him, seeing a few tears fall from Daniel's eyes, and down his bloody face.

Samantha Carter and Teal'c silently followed the four Jaffa. They followed them for a long time now, but they still kept themselves calm. They didn't know whether or not the ship was going to re-enter hyperspace.

Two Jaffa came from the direction that they were heading. Teal'c and Sam hid-still being very silent. The Jaffa passed and Teal'c and Major Carter followed again.

Sam slowed as she felt very weary as if she were about to faint. She stopped and suddenly went to sit down. Teal'c went back to her and helped her to her feet. He helped her over to an area that was hidden to anyone coming or going in either direction. She sat for a few seconds and then proceeded to get to her feet.

Teal'c naturally tried to stop her, but Sam insisted that they still try to follow the Jaffa. They both knew that the four Jaffa were ahead of them, but they both knew they still had to find Daniel Jackson and Colonel O'Neill.

Teal'c took lead and Sam Carter followed very close behind. "If we walk faster we could catch up with them." Sam whispered. Teal'c nodded in agreement. They started to do just that.

Teal'c and Sam caught up with the Jaffa and were now following them very close behind. So close, if any of the Jaffa looked behind them, they would see Major Carter and Teal'c.

Sam suddenly realized where they were close to: The Pel'tac. She looked over at Teal'c. He nodded as if he were thinking the exact same thing: if they were close to the Pel'tac, that must be where the Jaffa are going, and that is probably the place where Colonel O'Neill and Daniel Jackson are being held.

The ship suddenly went back into hyperspace. The ship accelerated very quickly and Sam pushed back into the wall. She let out a tiny cry that made the Jaffa in front of them turn around. With their staff weapons and zats pointed towards Sam and most of all, Teal'c.

Teal'c knew they couldn't do anything but give themselves up to the Jaffa. Teal'c and Sam lifted up their hands to surrender. The Jaffa moved behind them and pushed them along until they were to the door leading to the Pel'tac. One Jaffa moved ahead and opened the door.

Sam looked and saw Daniel on his knees, hands tied behind his back. She thought that he looked like he was in great pain. She looked to the left and Saw her C.O. in a small part of the room, looking at her in sadness. She looked away from his eyes and saw Seshat.

Seshat told the Jaffa to bring Major Carter and Teal'c over to her. They did so and pushed them onto the floor. She told them to bring Colonel O'Neill over there as well.

Jack put up a little bit of a fight, but in the end, he was on his knees like the rest of them. He looked over to his right at Daniel. He asked his friend, "Hey, Daniel? You okay there?" Daniel just looked up and over to his left at Jack and then looked back at the floor. Jack knew that he wasn't all right. Seshat lifted up Daniel's head so he would face her. He would've tried to pull his head away from her hand but he didn't bother to. He didn't have to strength to.

Seshat walked away from Daniel. She looked over at Jack and said, "O'Neill, I said that I would return." Jack knew what that meant instantly. Daniel knew as well. Daniel lifted his head again and looked hard at her. Major Carter and Teal'c weren't there in the temple to hear her words. They didn't know what she meant by what she said. Seshat continued, "This Goa'uld mother ship is headed to your home planet. Earth as you call it, the Tau'ri as I do." She smiled as she looked at their expressionless faces.

The whole room went silent. Seshat still smiled and everyone didn't speak nor did anyone move. A drip of blood fell from Daniel's face. The sound of it hitting the floor was heard. Sam moved her head to look. She saw the drop of blood. She looked up at Daniel. Daniel looked back at Sam. Daniel looked tired and Sam looked very sad, very angry.

Seshat looked back at the Jaffa that had sat down on a chair behind a curtain. She told him to come over to her. The Jaffa sat up and came out from behind the curtain. He walked over to her. Seshat moved her hand down his chest and down to the pouch where the Goa'uld symbiote is carried.

Seshat turned around to face SG-1. She had the Goa'uld from the Jaffa in her hands. She smiled at it and them smiled at SG-1. She moved towards Daniel. "You shall become our friend's host." She told Daniel. Daniel gulped as he stared at it. Sam closed her eyes. She couldn't look at it without bringing up bad memories. Jack stared at it as if he were preparing to jump up at the Goa'uld and try to kill the alien. A Jaffa moved behind Jack and put a zat behind his head. Jack closed his eyes for a second and opened them up again to looked at Daniel.

Two Jaffa came behind Daniel and brought his to his feet. Seshat walked with the Goa'uld in hand over to an area in the room with a small table. Daniel tried to get away from the Jaffa. "No! Let me go!" Even using all the strength that Daniel had, he couldn't get away. And even if he could, he couldn't go anywhere. They forced him onto the table. They turned him over onto his back.

Seshat handed the Goa'uld to her most trusted servant who stood beside her. Seshat ripped the back of Daniel's torn shirt open to reveal the back of his neck much more then if the shirt was still together.

Seshat took the Goa'uld back into her hands. Teal'c yelled out suddenly, "No!" Seshat turned to look at him. She still had the Goa'uld when she walked over to Teal'c. Jaffa pointed numerous weapons at him.

"It seems as if you don't agree with this." She mocked him, smiling. She leaned in closer to him, "You could stop this Teal'c... Join us. Pledge your allegiance to us, and I will stop your friend from becoming a host." She said a little bit louder, "His fate lies in your hands, and your hands alone Teal'c."

Jack looked over at Teal'c. He saw that Teal'c was considering her proposal. Jack looked away from him and looked towards the direction of Daniel-his friend. He saw Daniel try to kick the Jaffa away from him but they just held him down onto the table.

Teal'c looked at Seshat and forced the words out of his mouth, "I pledge my allegiance to you." Seshat had a broad smiled on her face. Major Carter and Colonel O'Neill looked at Teal'c.

Seshat helped Teal'c to his feet. "You must prove you loyalty to us." She gave a little nod to one of the Jaffa behind Jack and Sam. A Jaffa pulled Major Carter to her feet and forced her over close to where Seshat and Teal'c were standing. Sam looked back at Colonel O'Neill. "To prove your loyalty, you will kill Major Carter." A Jaffa handed Teal'c a Goa'uld staff weapon. He took it and looked at it for a second.

Teal'c looked at O'Neill then looked straight ahead at Major Carter. He rose up the weapon, and prepared to fire it.

Sam looked at the end of the staff. She was terrified beyond belief. She gulped and looked at Colonel O'Neill. She shook her head, telling him not to try to help her, or to do anything stupid that would end up getting two people killed instead of just one.

Jack looked down and slowly nodded. Sam took in a deep breath, and Teal'c fired.

She felt a great deal of pain as the blast went through her abdomen. She fell back onto the hard floor, dead.

Jack looked sadly at the lifeless body of his coworker. She was more then just a coworker, she was a friend, and she was the one that he loved with all his heart. He closed is eyes in sadness. A small tear fell from his eye.

Seshat still had the Goa'uld in her hand. She smiled in sick joy.

The Jaffa holding Daniel down on the table let him get to his feet. Daniel had a very hurt and very pissed off statement on his face as he tried to get through the Jaffa and to Seshat. He started cursing at her. They were now not only one, but two members of SG-1 lost to them.

To be continued...

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to (Martouf Marty)Stephanie