Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Waiting

by Rocza
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story Bemerkung:
This came from a drabble challenge for the phrase “Some days it just isn't worth chewing through the restraints.”

Waiting 

Author: Rocza

Email: roczadeb@yahoo.com

Story Status: Complete

Season: 10

Spoilers: The Shroud, SGA-The Return

Categories: Character-Jack O’Neill, POV, Drabble

Summary: Jack is waiting. 

Archive Permissions: Any who want it are welcome. Just give me credit. 

Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secrect Productions, Gekko Productions; not me. This story is for entertainment purposes only and no money exchanged hands. No copyright infringement intended. The story is the property of the author and may not be posted without the author’s consent. 

~~SG~~SG~~SG~~SG~~SG~~SG~~SG~~SG~~SG~~ SG~~SG~~SG~~SG 

When did duty become a dirty word? When did I throw out my core values of duty, excellence and integrity? When did I get so old and tired of the whole `saving the world' thing? It had to have been sometime before accepting the promotion. The first star, not the second. By the second, I was too bitter and tired to fight them anymore.  

Yeah, after the whole deadly download, stuck in an ice box thing, I was tired. I made a mistake and accepted the promotion. That was my first mistake. Listening to Hammond and his `brilliant' idea to move to Washington was my second.  

So here I am... waiting... again.

I think that is what is making me feel old; the waiting. I never felt old in the field. I could be broken and bleeding and still have the energy to crawl miles to complete a mission.  Now, I'm fit as a fiddle and I feel so old. And tired. Did I mention tired?  

Damn it, Daniel. What the hell did you get us into this time? Well, at least this time it really is Daniel's fault. Yeah, I know. I always blame Daniel when a situation goes south quickly. But this time the situation is Daniel. Or Daniel's `brilliant' plan.  

Of course, he did find a way to get me off-world again, even if he did have to kidnap me to do it. Lord knows, the Joint Chiefs are determined to never let me away from Earth again after that Atlantis fiasco... sorry, `diplomatic mission.'  

But that is totally off-set by leaving me here to wait. Yes, WAIT. While they take over the Ori ship, over power Adria, and send the Sangraal to the Ori galaxy and wipe them out. Daniel really needs to work on realistic mission parameters. Hell, he left `go home' completely off the list.  

Hell-o, Daniel? Did you learn nothing about me over the last ten or so years? Ever notice I have a thing for waiting... especially when patience is needed and killing is not involved?  

Did I mention that I hate waiting? Tired? Just checking.  

Finally, it's moving. Get ready, Jack. Your whole purpose now is to push the button. Wait for it... Wait for it... NOW! ...  

Got `em.

OK. Now what? Hell of a time to check out, Daniel. This is your plan. Didn't you have anything after `wipe them out?' You are in for some serious mission planning classes when we get home, mister.  

Crap, too late. The damn followers of the Ori sent more ships. Well, at least Daniel is back to normal. Maybe we can use the `brain scrambled by becoming a Prior' defense, when we have to explain where the new Ori ships came from.

Yeah, the Jaffa may just buy that excuse. 

Oh well, back to home, Earth, and being chained, possibly literally this time, to a desk. Do you think the JCS will accept the kidnapped excuse?  

I don't think so either.  

Jack gave a deep sigh, "Some days it just isn't worth chewing through the restraints."  

"Did you say something, sir?" 

END