Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Wind

by Amy Robinson
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Wind

Wind

by Amy Robinson

Title: Wind
Author: Amy Robinson
Email: amy_robinson@email.com
Category: Mystery
Episode related: 202 In the Line of Duty
Season: Season 2
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG
Warnings: no info given
Summary: Jack and Sam have a minor dispute over gas. don't get too excited now
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Stress

"Jack, have you seen the indigestion pills anywhere?" Shouted Sam up the stairs. She'd been rushing around at light speed for the past hour because they'd overslept and she hadn't had that good a night's sleep anyway. "We're gonna be late!"

"We'll just make it if we leave now." He corrected, appearing at the top of the staircase in the middle of doing up his shirt, hair still wet from the shower. "You feeling okay?"

"Just some gas." She sighed, turning to collect her things from the kitchen, "I'll be fine if I can just find those damn pills!"

"You can get something off doc. Fraiser when we get to work. You know you've had a lot of 'gas' lately, are you sure that's all it is?"

"What else would it be?" she asked testily, sweeping her hair out of her eyes and stuffing her keys into her pocket.

"I don't know but you've been really cranky these past few weeks..."

"I'm not 'cranky' and don't give me that look." She warned, checking the back door was locked.

"Did you do the test?"

"Jack, I'm not pregnant."

"How do you know?"

"We both know I'm on the pill."

"It's not foolproof."

"I think I'd know the difference between gas and pregnancy." She argued, heading out the front door regardless of whether or not he was ready. "Now either drop it or you can walk to work."

"I'll drop it if you promise to do the test or see Janet about it."

"Fine! Just get a move on."

"Love you!" he called after her retreating form, half a grin spreading across his face.

"I'll see you in a few days." Said Jack. He, Teal'c and Daniel were off to explore the galaxy while Doctor Carter worked on the new naqadah reactor. She was there to see them off.

"Be careful." She murmured, accepting the chaste kiss.

"Go see Fraiser." He ordered.

"I will." She promised, the beginnings of a smile tugging at her lips as the stargate leapt into life. "Love you."

"Love you too." He whispered, turning and walking up the ramp behind the other members of his team, glancing back to wave before disappearing through the event horizon.

Sam sighed with relief. Now she had a few uninterrupted days to do her job without her husband constantly looking over her shoulder. It wasn't that she didn't love him but sometimes living and working together day in day out could get a bit claustrophobic. Her stomach bubbled away and she grimaced - maybe it was a good idea to go see Janet.

Glancing up at the control room she cast a brief smile up at General Hammond before heading towards the lift and up a level to the infirmary. It wasn't hard to locate Dr. Fraiser - her voice was pretty loud when she was giving someone a ticking off. Carter grinned.

"Busy, Janet?" she called in an effort to spare lieutenant Rawlings a lecture.

"Sam!" she answered happily, turning away from her young patient. "What can I do you for?"

"Can I speak to you in private, please?" she asked, her smile dropping a little.

"Sure..." the petit doc looked a little confused but beckonned for her friend to follow her into the office, closing the door behind them. "Coffee?"

"Please." Nodded Sam, taking a seat in front of the desk and watching Janet pour out the dark pungeant liquid. "Thanks." She accepted.

The brunette seated herself, elbows on the edge of the table, "What's up?"

"Nothing if you ask me but Jack made me promise to see you."
"Well he must have had a reason."

"Indigestion."

"Huh?"

"I have indigestion and he thinks that I'm pregnant."

"So you want me to do a pregnancy test?"

"And give me something for the gas, please." She half begged, laughing.

"How long have you had it?"

"On and off for the past few weeks - it's nothing."

"I'd like to run a few tests. This could be related to Jolinar."

"It's not."

"Sam, it's only been a month since it all happened and you were back to work much sooner than I recommended - I need to do a follow up examination in a few days anyway, you might as well get it done today." "Maybe later, I've got a lot of work to get done today."

"Your health is more important."

"My health can wait until the end of the day." She disputed, "I only came in for the pregnancy test."

"I'm worried about you."

"There's no need." She smiled, "You can wait until six, can't you?" she wheedled, puppy dog eyes and all.

The good ole doc looked like she was about to refuse - or her head was going to explode - but she finally relented, "Not a minute later, you hear."

"I hear - thanks, Janet." Sam leapt out of the chair before she could change her mind, stopping at the door. "Still got indigestion though."

end

i know i know, i keep starting stuff that never gets finished but any one of you are free to pick up where i left off if you get fed up with waiting. mail me!

If you enjoyed this story,please send feedback to Amy Robinson