Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

After 100 Days

by Amy Robinson
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
After 100 Days

After 100 Days

by Amy Robinson

Title: After 100 Days
Author: Amy Robinson
Email: amy_robinson@email.com
Category: Drama, Series
Episode related: 317 A hundred days
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/other
Rating: PG
Warnings: language, none
Summary: keep reading. sorry the titles aren't more imaginative.
Sequel to: 100 Days
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

BC - 1998 after 100 days

Three months, several hundred gallons of coffee and a shitload of all-nighters later and the 'damn machine' - as they'd taken to calling the particle-beam generator - was finally finished. After helping to set it up in the gate room, Doctor Thompson had disappeared back to the labs with the words, "I'm gonna get a brew, call when you've finished the firing." Like she didn't even care what the outcome was.

But she did. She was shaking so violently that she had to get out of there, the fear that it wouldn't work wreaking havoc on her insides - she consoled herself with the thought that at least this time she was prepared to see him and it wouldn't come as such a shock... small comfort. Chastising herself for being such an idiot, she sat down at the computer, absently rechecking the plans though she knew she wouldn't find anything. It was going to work.

She stood up again, unable to sit still for longer than a minute, and began pacing the room. "You okay?"

Daniel had seen her leaving and followed her up once he was sure the procedure was working. "I'm fine." She answered shortly, "How's Sam?"

"She's 'fine' too." He smiled, "Mind if I sit down?"

"Feel free. Have a seat, pull up a pew, rest on your laurels. Sit down."

"Thanks." He chose a stool opposite and sat. "What do you think's gonna happen when he gets back?"

"Hopefully he'll realise what he's been missing buck up his ideas."

"You think you two still have a chance?"

"No, not me." Daniel stared at her blankly, "Oh come on, Daniel, you're a smart lad, you must have noticed."

"Noticed what?"

"Sam and Jack have feelings for each other, they just can't admit it because of the airforce."

"They're teammates."

"I've spoken to both of them - he didn't deny it and she said she's been 'missing' him." Her blue eyes focussed on his as she leaned forward, "I think they'd make a good couple - he's a little old for her but other than that."

"You have got to be kidding - who else have you told?"

"What do you take me for? The only reason I told you is because you're their friend - I wouldn't jeoperdise their careers."

"I was just checking..." he looked around shiftily, as if paranoid that someone had overheard, and decided to change the subject. "How's Lily?"

"She's good, aren't you two supposed to be going out Saturday night?" Daniel was taken aback at her knowledge and he showed it, "Don't look so surprised - I'm her mother, I know everything."

"I'm taking her out to dinner, yes." He blushed slightly, dipping his head.

"How many dates is that now?"

"Seven... maybe eight."

"I think that might count as a relationship." Daniel blushed some more, "Okay, I won't grill you anymore."

"Thanks."

"You're close to Jack, aren't you?" she asked, sitting back in her chair.

"I wouldn't say 'close' exactly..."

"But you know him pretty well."

"Sometimes."

"Does he scare you? I know he's got a temper on him."

"You can say that again - why? Does he scare you?"

"Never."

"Then why do you ask?"

"Just curious..."

A little over eight hours later a voice over the tannoy announced 'an offworld activation' and Thompson's heart skipped a beat. Sam and Daniel had left and hour and a half ago to collect Jack and she'd spent every minute since walking the corridors. Half jogging to the control room she passed several airmen talking about the return of Colonel O'Neill but she whizzed by not hearing a word.

Stepping out of the lift she came face to face with Jack.

"You're late." She smiled, biting her bottom lip.

"For what?

"Dinner. I thought I told you not to be late." Her smile turned into a fully fledged grin as he pulled her into a hug and she buried her face in her shoulder.

"I thought I'd lost you again." He breathed into her hair.

"Never again." She answered, half choking on her own words. "I won't make the same mistake twice."

Raising her head, she could see Sam over Jack's shoulder pretending to look interested in whatever Daniel was saying but her frequent glances towards the clolonel gave her away. "Did you thank Sam for getting you back?"

"I guess it slipped my mind in all the excitement."

"Tell her you're grateful, tell her you're glad to be home. Let her know that she slaved her ass off for someone who gives a damn."

"I can't."

"Look at her." He released Lex and turned to look at his xo, "Tell her."

"I'll talk to her later."

"You won't have time later and I am going to seriously hurt you if you don't do as you're told." She pushed him towards her before calling, "Daniel, can I talk to you a minute?"

The archaeologist turned and nodded, following her down the corridor and leaving the Jack and Sam alone. "It's good to have you back, sir." Said Carter, making to follow the others.

"Sam," he spoke softly to stop her from leaving, "Thank you, for everything."

"It was nothing, sir." She half smiled.

"No, it wasn't." his eyes bore into hers, "Thankyou - I mean it."

"I'm sure you would've done the same for me."

"Yes, I would." He nodded absently before walking away and leaving the Major to ponder his words for another full minute before she was able to move again.

I can see that you've managed to top up your tan And a few of the babes on that planet were fans But I have been missing you more than you know And I'm more than glad that you brought your ass home

Sitting in Jack's largely unused office Lex was beginning to panic. She'd had three months to prepare but suddenly all the careful planning had gone out the window along with her courage. She jumped as Jack opened the door, hair still wet from the shower, and smiled before sitting down.

"So what is it you have to tell me?"

"You have a daughter." Shit! She thought, could I have been more blunt!

Jack's face went through an interesting rainbow of emotion before he asked, "What?"

"I left you because I was pregnant."

He was almost cross eyed now in an effort to get this information to sink in, "Pregnant, daughter, me... what?"

"Her name's Lily-Beth."

"Okay..."

"Why don't we talk about it tomorrow when you've had time to think about it?"

"No, I'm okay - I'd like to meet her."

"You've just got back, you should rest - take some time."

"I'd really like to meet her, that is, if she wants to meet me."

"She's been waiting her whole life to meet you."

"Then let's go."

"I don't think this is such a good idea - it's been a shock."

"Lex, I'm asking you nicely, after Charlie I didn't think I'd have any more children and you're telling me that I have a daughter in one breath and then saying that I have to wait to see her in the next."

"I didn't say you had to, I simply suggested that you've been through a lot and it may be prudent to wait until tomorrow." She argued. "But if you want to go, we'll go."

"I'll go get my jacket." He nodded, leaving the room and Lex shook her head, hardly able to believe how it had gone down. There has to be more to it, she thought, nobody gets news like that and hardly reacts at all.

It was late evening when they arrived at the house and Jack hadn't said much on the way which scared Lex more than if he'd gotten angry with her. The silence was unreadable and until then she'd always known what he was thinking. "This is it." She announced, noticing that the living room light was on. "Are you ready?"

"I don't know. What if she doesn't even like me?"

"How could she not like you - you're her father."

"But I'm a failure as a father. It's my fault Charlie's dead and I wasn't even there for Lily while she was growing up."

"You're not a failure and you weren't there for Lily because I wouldn't let you be. I didn't want to tie you down."

"Maybe I wanted to be tied down."

"No, you didn't and you know it. You were too wild back then."

"You loved me, didn't you?"

"I still do, always have." She sighed, "But we weren't meant to be together forever."

"It would've been a fun eternity though."

"I think you're right about that."

"Lex?" he asked, leaning towards her, "I love you too."

"I know," she gently kissed him before pulling back to look into his eyes, "But you're in love with Sam."

The resignation was written in his eyes, "Nothing I can do about that." He whispered, head dropping.

"Yes there is..." she protested.

"I'm ready now."

"Then let's go inside."

The End

Notes: the amount of times I've rewritten this part is unbelieveable and this probably isn't the last draft either but if I have to lose sleep over Jack I'll gladly do it. Strictly for the story of course; in no way was I implying that the actual Jack would be in my bed at night keeping me awayke by doing naughty things under the covers - I would never imply such a thing...

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Amy Robinson