Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Stargate Sweethearts Wed

by Anneka OCarter
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Stargate Sweethearts Wed

Stargate Sweethearts Wed

by Anneka OCarter

Summary: Washington Post News Report
Category: Drabble, Future Story, Smarm, Other
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam, none
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 07/12/03

Author Notes: This is a mock newspaper article about S/J relationship.

Stargate Sweethearts Wed

News Report, Colorado Springs by Lauren Goodey for Washington Post

1st April, 2003

The Second In Command of the Stargate Program staged at the Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado Springs has married his girlfriend of five years.

Lieutenant Colonel Carter and General O'Neill married yesterday at their home which they have shared for the last four years. The pair started dating five years ago when the project was officially revealed to the public and their roles became defunct as more Air Force officials became involved. General O'Neill now runs a training base for prospective airmen and women for the Stargate Programme and Lieutenant Colonel Carter is a science teacher at the local high school whilst also taking care of their young son Jake who's three this year.

The ceremony was officiated by their previous CO, General Hammond who was in charge of the base where they served and it was attended by all the airforce members who worked on the Stargate Program.

The pair were at the height of media speculation when they started dating in 2003 and have been together ever since, with their second child, rumoured to be named Sha're, due to be born in four months. General O'Neill also has another daughter Aine, who's 17 and is planning to attend Harvard University to study Classics.

Not only have they been in the public eyes but many of their team mates have been pursued by journalists. Dr Daniel Jackson who still works on the programme as Chief Archaeologist has been the focus of much tabloid conjecture as he gave lectures on his theories which were previously thought of as preposterous but have been proved as wholly correct by the Stargate Program. And a close friend of Samantha O'Neill, Dr Janet Frasier M.D. was employed at a prestigious teaching hospital in Washington D.C. after voluntarily giving her position at the SGC to her prodigal daughter Cassandra, 25.

General O'Neill who's now 53, and his wife Samantha O'Neill, who's 42 have not been criticised by the US Air Force which many expected as they were formerly in the same line of command. They have in fact been congratulated as a spokesperson informed us "I and the rest of the Air Force wish General O'Neill and Lieutenant Carter all the happiness in the world and I dare say they deserve it after saving the world time after time, without a thought for themselves."

This sentiment has been echoed by the President who officially sent them congratulations on hearing of their nuptials. In a formal statement released by the White House they said "The President is delighted on hearing that two members of the flagship team at the most important military project in the world, have found happiness with each other. The President phoned them yesterday to see how the preparations were going and he was pleased to report that they were both surprisingly calm."

The President's informal attitude in dealing with SG-1 (the "signature" team at the base which both Lieutenant Colonel Carter and General O'Neill were in) is well-known as he's often had to authorise missions which meant almost inevitable death if it wasn't for "Samantha's amazing talent for physics and Jonathan's pure courage, the world would have been at risk long ago" according to the President when he gave an interview to a magazine last year.

This newspaper wholeheartedly wishes the couple a lifetime of happiness together with their children and a thank you for saving the world's ass on many occasions.

Stupid little fan fic I know, but I've been thinking about writing one of these for ages and it just took me over. I'm thinking about writing an actual story set after the SGC shuts down so I'd like feedback to see what you'd like to happen (no threatening of the world, cos I'm awful at Action....you can always write that part if you like and I can include it!)

Thanks again....I'd love feedback thought remember it has to be constructive criticism or just plain adoration (I'd prefer the adoration but either's welcome)

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Anneka OCarter