Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Remembering These Feelings

by Anneka OCarter
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Remembering These Feelings

Remembering These Feelings

by Anneka OCarter

Summary: A new planet brings four people together.
Category: Drabble
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam, other pairing
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 10/05/03

Title: Remembering These Feelings

Author: Anneka O'Carter

Summary: A new planet brings four people together...

A/N: This is a total takeoff of Tabula Rasa on Buffy...but hey!

Feedback loved.

*

The chevrons engaged quickly and the four stood facing the shimmering blue wormhole. Colonel O'Neill looked over to the two women standing at the end of the line, and raised a wry smile.

"Gregson? Hewiit?" He asked. "You both OK?"

The pair nodded to him and looked back at the gate apprehensively. Colonel O'Neill looked at his 2IC and shook his head. "I saw them stuffing their faces with food a couple of hours ago." He murmured.

"Then they obviously know what MRE's taste like." She retorted sarcastically and he smiled. Mmm, didn't she just get that warm tingly feeling whenever he smiled like that at her?

"Just worried about their stomachs when they make it through." O'Neill replied sympathetically. According to popular knowledge, he actually liked his two inductees Raine Hewitt and Jennifer Gregson. Except the fact that Gregson reminded him of Daniel and his linguistic ways...and why exactly was he in the infirmary anyway?

"Sure you are." Major Carter raised her eyebrow and he wondered whether she was turning into Teal'c.

Trying to get that freaky thought out of his brain, he spoke. "Right, campers, through we go." Colonel O'Neill announced and the team embarked.

*

As the four stepped through, they all felt a significant change in their body. Despite their frequent gate travel, this time seemed to affect all of the team. Pausing on the steps of the Stargate they all took a deep breath, and Raine Hewitt looked like she was going to collapse.

"You all right Hewitt?" Major Carter asked, adjusting her gun and surveying the area.

"Yes Ma'am." She replied and steadied her body. Raising a hand to her forehead, she heaved.

The others rushed towards her, but before they could help her, they collapsed on the steps with a heavy thud.

*

The sky was darkening as they awoke with a start. Hewiit looked at the people surrounding her warily as they all tried to ascertain whether they were actually encircled by mass murders.

"Who are you?" Jennifer said, backing away from the other three who were looking equally anxious about their situation. Crawling up the steps, she sat right in the middle of the Stargate and then jumped as she saw what was above her. "And what is that?"

A chorus of mutterings of lost memories made them sit in silence, looking at each other vigilantly.

"What have you got those guns for?" Raine backed away. "Are you going to shoot me?"

"You have one too." Jennifer pointed out and looked at her own lack of a weapon with nervousness. Raine almost jumped as she noticed the arms she was carrying.

"What about our bags?" The blonde woman asked "They might tell us something." They all reached inside the bags they were wearing, hoping to find some identification.

" Colonel Jack O'Neill...US Air Force." He said with an impressive smile. "Colonel...pretty cool, huh?" He smiled to the blonde who was sitting closest to him and she smiled back.

"I'm a Major. Samantha Carter. I work at the... SGC" The letters rolled off her tongue uncomfortably before Jack replied;

"I work there too." Instantly, they edged closer to each other with this seeming bond of trust. The younger women found their ID cards too.

"Hey, I'm Lieutenant Raine Hewitt....that's a weird name." She said, rolling the card over in her hand.

"I like it..." The last woman said bashfully.

"What you got?" Raine asked and she searched through her pack.

"Jennifer Gregson. I'm a linguist apparently...Oh, I work at the SGC too, but I'm a civilian." She said shyly and after the brief spout of talking, they resorted to silence again.

"Does anyone know exactly where we are?" Jack asked after a while, the quietness unnerving him. "Does anyone remember anything?" The others shook their heads and he sighed. "Well I've got nothing so it looks like we're stuck."

"Do you think it'd be safe to walk around, and look for some people?" Raine asked. "I bet we're not far from civilisation."

"I..I...I don't think that's a good idea." Jennifer stumbled. "Maybe someone will come back for us."

"Maybe we could fan out a little....you know, stay within reach of this big stone ring...thing." Colonel O'Neill suggested and they agreed.

Stomping inexperiencedly over the muddy ground, the sense of urgency increased as the sky darkened further. It was many hours later when a discovery was made.

"Hey!" Raine called out to the others and after a bit of effort, they clambered over stones to reach her. She pointed to a tablet with a strange encryption. "Maybe it says something."

"I should know right?..." Jennifer edged further towards the writing. "I mean, this is my job." She stared at the words with a frown, and turned the small stone around. She stepped back and moved closer and tilted her head both ways, yet still nothing.

After half an hour, the others decided to make their way back to the stone ring and set up camp with the strange tent contraptions they found in their packs. Jennifer agreed to return when it got too hard for her to read.

The trail back to camp was easy as soon as she spotted the fire that had been lit, and she smiled as she saw Major Carter asleep on Colonel O'Neill's shoulder. They'd been throwing flirtatious insults all day and she wouldn't have been surprised if there was something between the pair.

Creeping back to the tent which she was supposedly sharing with Raine, she undressed down to her tanktop and shorts and slipped inside the sleeping bag which was neatly laid out for her.

"Thanks." She smiled to Raine in the little light that they possessed.

"Oh, that's OK." Raine replied. "I figured that Major Carter and Colonel O'Neill would be sleeping together...but not in that way." She hurried to explain herself but then paused as if to gauge Jennifer's reaction. "Have you...um, noticed anything about them?"

"Who?"

"Major Carter and Colonel O'Neill? Like there was something between them?" Raine suggested and Jennifer sat up cocooned inside her sleeping bag.

"Mmm...I think I know what you mean." Jennifer sighed and then laid back down. "I'm going to have to suss it out tomorrow."

"Good plan." Raine replied and blew out the solitary candle leaving them in darkness. She sneaked her hand over to Jennifer's and squeezed tightly. "We stick together, right?"

"Right."

*

OK, this was not so good. She felt good, but it was not good. Not good at all. Her face was buried in a mass of brown hair, and her hand was smoothing down her companion's skin, and she shivered.

"Are you OK?" Jennifer asked, tilting her head round as much as she could with Raine's face in her hair.

"Uh...mmm." She replied quietly and jumped out of the tent, much to Jennifer's confusion. Almost crawling to the campsite, she smiled as she fire had already been lit and she settled next to the only other awake person, Major Carter.

"Morning." Raine said and accepted the cup of coffee.

"Morning." Major Carter replied with a shiver and they huddled closer together for the shared warmth.

"How you feeling?" Raine asked Major Carter, and she noticed the look that she gave to the tent where Colonel O'Neill was sleeping.

"Um, confused. The Colonel and I woke up in quite a compromising position this morning...other than that I'm feeling cold, wet and hungry." She summed up and sighed heavily.

"Ditto." Raine mused and added with a look towards her own tent. "And I think I'm a little gay."

*

"Come on Gregson, can't you work a little faster?" Colonel O'Neill pestered Jennifer who was crossreferencing the symbols she found on the stone to the ones she found in a book at the bottom of her pack that morning.

"I-I-I'm working as fast as I can." Jennifer stuttered and looked back at the book.

"Can you shift it up a gear then?" He suggested sulkily and on that Raine jumped up from her position, having had enough from his complaining.

"Hey, back off!" She stood behind Jennifer, protecting the huddled figure who was looking more than a little scared. "She's doing the best that she can."

"Well, that's obviously not good enough." He muttered and walked away but Raine pulled him round by the arm.

"She can't remember anything...none of us can." Raine reminded him and she frowned. "You're a soldier, can you remember how to fire a gun?" Colonel O'Neill was silenced and Raine sat back down with a victory sigh. "Why don't you and the Major go play fighting games whilst I help Jen?"

"Whatever." Jack mumbled and walked off with the Major in tow....this was turning out to be a very bad day....

*

Part Two? Does anyone actually want it....I don't even think I do. If you do, feedback!

Love Annie

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Anneka OCarter