Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Escape And Reveal (7th Chapter in the Arrival series)

by Bexy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Escape And Reveal (7th Chapter in the "Arrival" series)

Escape And Reveal (7th Chapter in the "Arrival" series)

by Bexy

Title: Escape And Reveal (7th Chapter in the "Arrival" series)
Author: Bexy
Email: bexy81@hotmail.com
Category: Action/Adventure, Series
Season: Season 5
Pairing: Daniel/other
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: violence
Summary: SG-1 and SG-3 flee Heom under heavy Jaffa fire. They scrape home by the skin of their teeth. Once safe they soon learn more secrets about their guest.
Note: A special thank you goes out to Fran for helping me with the editing!!! THANKS A MILLION!! :)
Sequel to: Becaras Cure (6th Chapter in the "Arrival" series)
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

ARRIVAL:
ESCAPE AND REVEAL

~Chapter seven~

Colonel Makepeace heard his radio crackle to life, he grabbed the device and held it close to his mouth, "yeah O'Neill, I read you."

"We're heading your way," Jack yelled back from his end, the sounds of weapons fire could be heard in the background, "just a heads up that we..." then Makepeace heard a louder rapid gun fire that was surly being emmitted from Colonel O'Neill's P-90. He glanced over at the rest of SG-3 that were in hiding with him near the stargate. "...we got company!" Jack finished, "Copy?"

"Copy!" Makepeace repeated as he quickly slid the radio back into the vest pocket. "Right. Guys, SG-1 are on their way back. We gotta nutrilize the threat here at the gate," he ordered his team.

A few minutes earlier SG-1 and Becara had managed to dodge their way out of the Goa'uld stronghold. But they were not alone. Running as best they could with a constant bombardment of staff weapons fire, they had hurried their way back down the rarely used track.

When they had reached the temple, that was when all hell broke loose. Jaffa had been waiting for them, and they were all but ambushed as they left the security of the darkened trees and the rugged path, and moved out onto the more frequently used path. Sam looked behind her as the rear assult followed relentlessly, as she did so, she did not see the sharp drop in the earth before her. She suddenly stumbled over the edge, her ankle rolled out from under her and she slammed into the hard dirt with a loud grunt. Her gun clattered off her shoulder and into the bushes, out of her reach.

That was when the awaiting Jaffa siezed their moment. Jack, who lead the group suddenly found several Jaffa leaping out at them and firing powerful blasts from their staff weapons. He ducked for cover as best he could in the open space and ended up behind the flanking wall of the temple. Here he was hastenly joined by Teal'c.

Looking back out at the path that they had just left; Jack watched in horror as he saw Sam still lying on the dirt, exposed. Daniel had almost thrown Becara into the safety of the trees when the Jaffa had attacked, but now he was firing madly at the enemy to cover the fallen Major.

Sam scrambled into the cover of the bushes towards Becara. Blasts from seemingly out of nowhere struck the earth around her and missed her by only inches. She ducked and covered her head as one shot almost got her in the face!

"Major Carter!!" she heard a voice call out. Sam looked up to see Becara holding her fallen P-90 and gesturing to throw it to her. Sam held out her hand and Becara tossed the semi-automatic through the air several feet. Sam caught it easily. The Major rolled on her back and into a more aggressive position. She let her weapon explode bullets into the direction of the incomming fire.

Jack had swung around and side stepped to see the Jaffa that were attacking them. One of the large men spotted him strait away and quickly turned his staff towards the Colonel. Jack raised his gun instantly and fired a brutal round into the enemy. The Jaffa stumbled back, his body being rampaged by lead, then he fell.

Sam had managed to crawl her way over to Becara and Daniel and she took up position next to the girl. "Here," Sam said as she handed her a spare weapon that she had strapped to her ankle, "just aim and pull the trigger."

Becara took the gun and watched Daniel as he fired his. She held it as he did and then took sight of one of the Jaffa that was positioned behind a huge statue of worship. She held the gun to her eye level, and then she waited for the man to pop up again and fire at Jack and Teal'c.

Jack fired in the direction of the Jaffa that was hiding behind the statue, but no luck. He could hear the rear assult fast approaching and they had to act fast. Grabbing his radio, Jack yelled into it; "Makepeace, do you read? Over."

..."yeah O'Neill, I read you."

"We're heading your way," Jack yelled loudly. He ducked as Teal'c leaned over him and fired back at the onslaught. Jack looked over at Sam, Daniel and Becara who were in the trees ten feet away, "just a heads up that we..."

The Jaffa by the statue fired at him again and Jack dropped the radio. He growled to himself in anger and then swung on his feet to aim his P-90 at the agressor. He fired at him repeatedly, frustrated that he couldn't get him from his angle. Then as the pesky Jaffa poked his head around once more, a single shot hit him in the center of his forehead. The Jaffa's neck snapped back and then the enemy collapsed onto the dirt behind him. Jack looked over at the others and saw Sam reloading. Unless Daniel had suddenly became an expert shooter, then it was Becara that had snipered the Jaffa.

Jack leaned down and picked up the radio again, "...we got company!" he finished, "copy?"

"Copy!"

Only two Jaffa remained. Teal'c leaned around the edge of the wall and fired several shots into the far trees on the opposite side of the path way. At the fourth shot, a loud thud was heard as a Jaffa fell into the undergrowth.

"Teal'c, can you see where this other guy is?" Jack asked his team mate as he surveyed the area. He could see the blasts of the staff weapon firing at the trees where the remainder of SG-1 were taking cover, but he couldn't see the Jaffa himself.

"I believe I can get to him," Teal'c said after a brief moment. He then turned in the opposite direction and headed around the rear of the building. Jack watched him in confusion as he disappeared around the corner.

"Sir!!" Sam called from the trees. Jack looked over and he could see that they were about to loose their cover. More Jaffa were coming down the track approaching fast.

Just then there was a silence as the last Jaffa that had held them down fired no more. In a matter of moments Teal'c appeared out in the center of the main pathway and called out for them to join him quickly. There were no arguments.

Colonel Makepeace saw SG-1 racing down the path towards them. Luckily, he and his marines had been able to eliminate the Jaffa that were guarding the gate. Behind them they heard the shouting of the Jaffa that were close on SG-1's heels.

"Dial home now!!" Makepeace ordered one of his men as they all raised their weapons in readiness. Jack called out the same order to them a few seconds later. Makepeace saw SG-1 and a young woman wearing a green patient outfit and holding a gun. He frowned and wondered to himself who she was.

The stargate began to activate; the symbols circling the perimiter of the massive device. Running as fast as they could while returning fire at the Jaffa closely behind, SG-1 hurried towards the gate as the event horizon appeared. Makepeace and his men waited for them and they provided a formidable cover fire as the five drew near.

~

General Hammond stood in the Control room with Dr. Fraiser at his side as the Stargate began to acitvate. With the iris in place, they then recieved SG-3's IDC. At Hammond's order, the iris was retracted as quickly as possible and the event horizon was in full view. Below in the gate room several SFs and marines stood on their guard with weapons raised. Sam was the first to run out onto the metal ramp unscathed, followed by Makepeace and two of his men, Teal'c, another member of SG-3, Becara, Daniel, and then finally, Jack.

With the gate quickly closing behind the teams, General Hammond and Docter Fraiser made their way downstairs. When they walked out into the gate room they were greeted by a small wave from Jack and a shuffle from Makepeace who had been playing with his weapon. As easy as they all appeared to look, they were breathing heavily and it was obvious to the General and Doctor that they had been in a bit of a hurry to leave Heom. Especially when Hammond saw Becara holding one of Sam's guns.

"I see you made it back," Hammond began pleased, "ALL of you," he added as he looked over at her knowingly. Becara shifted uneasily in her green patients gown and tried not to look too guilty. SG-1 glanced over at her, remembering that they had no idea how she appeared on Heom, but they were soon ordered to go with Janet to the Infirmary before debriefing.

~

"So, tell me, how the hell did you get back out through the gate?" Jack asked Becara with a curiosity as he watched Docter Fraiser examine her. Becara smiled slightly to herself and looked down at the needle as Janet took a blood sample.

"I snuck by most of the guards. However this time I was sure that the officers in the control room were unconscious so that I could activate the Stargate without being discovered," she replied as Janet glanced up at her after removing the seringe from her arm. Becara regarded the blood in the needle with a little queeziness before catching the Doctor's gaze.

"Next time you plan to do something dangerous like that...don't," Janet told her as her eyebrows rose at the end of the sentence. Becara smiled at her and reached out and touched her lightly on the wrist before she could move away.

"I am sorry. Under different circumstances, I would never have done such a thing," she told her honestly. Janet, soothed by her words, smiled back and nodded.

"I know."

"So it was you," Sam stated, "when Colonel Makepeace said that the Stargate activated and then closed without anyone comming out of the event horizion. That was you. You were in stealth mode." The Major smiled at her in revelation.

Becara looked at her oddly at first, not understanding the word used to explain her ability to transfaze, then nodding in return. "I did not get far. Perhaps maybe to the temple. I can not really remember. The implant has a fail safe. If for some reason I should fall unconscious, it will turn off and I will become visible once again. I assume that I must have passed out and the Jaffa found me on the path," she informed them all. She sighed and looked over at Jack, who had his arms crossed again, and Daniel who was listening to her every word. "I did not intend to be captured. I had planned on making my way into the temple and stealing the treatment myself," she added.

"Well, if it was that easy, then why hadn't you done it before?" Jack asked her plainly. It was obvious that he was still, unfortunatly, looking for alterior motives that she might have.

Becara stared at him, slightly hurt by the words. It hurt because her reason was, right at this very moment, accusing her of doing the wrong thing. "I have never had anywhere else to go, not before now," she replied slowly. Jack's expression softened and he shifted slightly in his spot. He looked over at Janet who was staring at him too, then Teal'c who blinked a few times at the awkward moment and regared Jack in a way that made the Colonel want to ask; 'What?'.

"Nice one Jack," Daniel muttered under his breath as he glanced at him slideways.

"If you had not been there then I do not know what I would have done," Becara added, realising the tension that she was creating.

"That's alright," Sam began, "we owe you. Who knows how we would've gotten past those Jaffa if it weren't for you?"

Becara smiled and then her attention was distracted by Dr. Fraiser who had walked away and was now returning without the sample. "You seem healthy enough for the moment," she began reffering to Becara, "you should be fine to accompany SG-1 to the briefing room." The young woman smiled and nodded as she glanced back at Jack. She wasn't sure what he had against her, but she was determined to make him a friend, if he would let her.

~

SG-1 and SG-3 debriefed General Hammond regarding the mission, as Docter Fraiser did some post-testing of Becara's blood work and DNA. Once they were done the young woman curiously entered the room.

"Have a seat," Hammond told her. Once she had found an empty chair next to Daniel, General Hammond turned to her, "I have already been debriefed regarding SG-1 and SG-3's roles in the mission. Becara please, feel free to fill me in on your point of view." The young woman went on to explain the whole story of her arrival on Heom and what she had assumed had happend after she had fallen unconcious. Then she explained in detail the events that had followed. When she was done, Hammond nodded slowly in thought.

"So we have this device now?" he asked, turning his attention now to Sam.

"Yes Sir. Janet has it under lock and key," she informed him him.

Hammond nodded and then looked back at Becara. She knew what was comming. This was the last place that she wanted a lecture, especially infront of SG-1. She glanced over at Daniel who was sitting opposite her. His eyes turned up to her and gave her a look of real sympathy, it was obvious that they all had a gut feeling of what the General was about to say.

But they were wrong. A small smiled appeared in the corners of his mouth and he sighed to himself. "Do you know who you remind me of?" he began. Becara frowned and glanced at the others who were equaly as surprised at his lack of dictating. "Colonel O'Neill," he simply said. He smiled at Jack who only looked at him confused. This made him even more amused as he glanced back at Becara who was doing the same thing.

"General?" Jack asked as he looked over at the girl that he was being compared to.

"Not in so many ways, but, at your age I seem to recall reading about a certain Lieutenant, now Colonel, doing something very similar," Hammond said as he spoke to Becara. She looked over at Jack who now had realised what he was reffering to.

The others, not knowing what General Hammond was talking about looked at Jack curiously. "That was different," Jack began in protest.

"How Colonel? You defied a direct order because you feared that your life might be in danger. Your instincts were right. And so were Becara's," Hammond told him frankly.

"Well I, suppose," Jack replied awkwardly as he shifted in his chair. He wanted to be left out of it now.

SG-1 shared an amused chuckle as Becara's mind turned to other thoughts. "There is something that I think I should inform you all of," she said suddenly out of the blue. They all stopped and looked at her, their attention now drawn to something new.

Becara looked at them, she felt very nervous with their eyes on her. "I, I feel it is something that may shed a little light on my situation here," she continued. Now she had their complete focus. She took a deep breath before explaining herself. "The Goa'uld Rahotep, he had not always occupied my home world. Before he arrived, a few years ago, it was not named Heom. We called our home Nyhah. Our race was well advanced. Much like your own. We had farms and cities, peace and war. We also had the Stargate, much as yourselves. We had our own government, and our own planetary exploration. Teams would venture to other worlds, just as you do," she told them.

"We discovered many things. This implant being one of them. We did not know who created it or what it was for, so it was stored away with the other items," she paused and took a breath beore continuing. "Then we encountered the Goa'uld. They were vicious dictators, and always were they so...arrogant. I guess they saw us as a threat. The System Lord Rahotep attacked our world. We had no chance. There was nothing we could do to stop him. He destroyed all of our civilization and forced those who survived into slavery. He stole all the items and artifacts that we had discovered, and he used them for his own purposess."

Becara looked around the table. They were all silent, listening to her story intently. This forced her to continue. "This device was used on many personel that traveled through the Stargate, but it did not work on most. And on those that it did, they were killed, one way or the other. He chose us to bare the burden of exploring planets for him. We had done it before, his reasoning was that we should do it again," she said slowly.

"YOU were in one of these, teams?" Daniel asked her in surprise.

"Yes. How do you think I learned to fight? To use a weapon?" Becara asked as she met his blue eyes with hers.

General Hammond exchanged glances with Jack and then the others.

"It does indeed make sense," Teal'c stated from his end of the table, "a human is deemed more expendible than a Jaffa, and it does seem likely that this Goa'uld would want them to perform such a task."

"Right," Jack said. Sam looked at him, she wasn't entirely sure whether she heard a hint of sarcasm in the Colonels tone or not.

"Well, Becara, this is some news. Why didn't you tell us this earlier?" Hammond asked her as he sat forward in his chair and rested his arms on the table.

Becara shrugged, "I would guess that I was too concerned about surviving to think about informing you of my history."

"Fair enough," he replied. Just then Docter Fraiser popped her head into the room and made her way over to the table. "What can we do for you Doctor?" Hammond asked her as she stood next to him.

"I was wondering if you were finished with Becara. I need to run a few follow up tests before I can totally clear her," she informed him. Hammond nodded.

"Sure," he looked over at the young woman in question and told her that she was free to go. Becara exchanged final glances with the others as Docter Fraiser led her away. SG-1 exchanged looks with each other regarding Becara's most recent revelation. The expressions on their faces were priceless.

...to be continued...

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Bexy