Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Suspicion Can Make You Blind (3rd chapter in the Arrival series)

by Bexy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Suspicion Can Make You Blind (3rd chapter in the "Arrival" series)

Suspicion Can Make You Blind (3rd chapter in the "Arrival" series)

by Bexy

Title: Suspicion Can Make You Blind (3rd chapter in the "Arrival" series)
Author: Bexy
Email: bexy81@hotmail.com
Category: Angst, Drama, Mystery
Episode related: 316 Urgo, 506 Rite of Passage
Season: Season 5
Pairing: Daniel/other
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Summary: Hammond, Jack & Daniel grill Becara about about why she is on Earth and who she is working for. But her answers aren't what they expect.
Sequel to: Confrontations (2nd chapter in the "Arrival" series)
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

ARRIVAL:
SUSPICION CAN MAKE YOU BLIND

Chapter three

"Your scan came back relativly normal," Dr Fraiser said as she walked over to SG-1 and General Hammond as they were awaiting Daniels results in the Infermary, "there's no perminant damage done. However, I did come across traces of a strange chemical in your blood stream. It is most probable that it was what made you feel so sick. There are no long term effects, as you youreslf said it wore off almost immedeatly, however, I have no idea of what it may be." Daniel glanced back at the others to see them listening intently to what Janet had to say. "When I took a sample from Becara, it showed that her body is laiden with this chemical. A CAT scan revealed a small impalant at the base of her skull, of an obviously superior technology. This implant seems to be reacting with her glands to escreat this new substance into her blood stream. I think, that this chemical is what enables her to shift out of faze with us, and even into Daniel," she continued.

"Okay, but what about her little stunt with the SF's?" Jack asked curious, "does it do that too?"

"Actually, no. The kind of menatal activitly required for telekanisis is situated in the frontal lobe. It would appear that the implant has no connection with that," Janet replied.

Daniel looked across the room to the other side. Two beds over layed the girl that had infiltrated their base. She did not appear to be the terrible intruder that all had expected, and he now understood that Becara was only desperate to stay alive. She was still out cold, but not because of the tranquilizer. Dr Fraiser had to administer a stimulant to bring her back up because the sedative was too stong in the dart and her heart was beating way too slowling for her comfort. Then she awoke and became extremely irratic, so Janet had to give her another sedative but in a smaller dose. It wouldn't even be enough to make any other human drowsy, yet Becara had gone out like a light. Acording to Dr Fraiser, the new chemical element was making it difficult to determine the correct dosages. It had altered the young womans body chemistry only slightly, yet the effects were more than they had expected.

"So, where did she say she was from again?" Hammond questioned to Daniel as he snapped out of his thoughts.

"Ah, she didn't," he replied as he turned back to the others.

"Then what did she tell you?" Jack added curiously.

"Her name and that she needed to go home," Daniel said simply.

"And that's it?" Jack pressed, sure that she must have said something more.

"Well, she was pretty adimate that if we didn't let her go then she would get very sick and die. She told me that she was, 'running out of time'." Daniel added, even though he had already told them that.

"I did a check up on her while she was unconcious Daniel and she has a clean bill of health. Actually, I could even go as far as to say she is in almost perfect condition," Dr Fraiser informed him, not helping but comming across as a little sceptical.

"She was probably bluffing," Jack said as he waved his hand in gesture.

"I dunno Jack," Daniel began, "I've seen some fine acting in my time but she seemed pretty genuine. I mean, you could see how desperate she really was."

"And I've seen some pretty, 'genuine' women, use that fine acting on you as well," Jack pointed out, teasing lightly. Daniel frowned at him.

"Regardless of wether or not she is telling the truth we cannot be compleatly certain," Teal'c pointed out from behind the Colonel.

General Hammond nodded in agreement. "Teal'c is right. Untill we are sure of the level of threat she imposess we have no altenative but to confine her untill further notice," he informed them all.

Daniel looked back over at Becara as she lay soundly on the medical bed. She looked peaceful and sound, even though he was well awear of what she had done earlier. To him she was something else. Actually, when he thought about it, she was more of a mystery than anything. One that he was very curious to learn more about.

~

When Becara opened her eyes she was no longer in the medical facility that she briefly remembered. Above her was the bottom of another bed and she sat up quickly realising that she was now alone, locked up in a small room consisting of two sets of double bunks and a table in the center. She stood up, feeling slightly dizzy from the sedative wearing off. After righting herself she looked about the room and realised that there was only one way in or out; through the main door that was guarded by two armed soldiers. Her suspecions were correct when she tried the door and found that it was locked. One of the SF's turned and looked at her through the glass window on the door, of wich she guessed was rather thick. Becara turned back to her bed and went and sat down on it.

She looked down at the silver device on her wrist. It was back onto white again and the light was still rather strong. She knew that when it began to fade that it would be time for her to worry, but for now she was fine. She wondered how long she had been unconcious for, she hoped that it wasn't too long, for she could only wait a certain amount of time before she needed her treatment.

It was aproximatly another fifteen minutes before someone came to talk to her. The guard unlocked the door and let three people in; General Hammond, Jack and of course Daniel. Becara stayed seated, afraid that they might think that she was going to attack them. Instead she looked up at them as they entered the room and cautiously walked over to her. She did notice however that Daniel did not seem as reserved as the others.

"Hello Becara" he greeted as the door was closed behind them. She smiled at him as best she could manage in her situation.

"I'm sorry about the room, it's the only one we have available," Daniel apoligised.

"It is fine," she replied as she looked down at the floor. Daniel looked over at the others and Jack senced a dissaproval in his expression of the way that she was being treated. "You have come to asscern what kind of a threat I pose?" Becara asked as she looked back up at them, knowing that she was right.

"You must understand that we have to take every precaution to protect the security of this base," Hammond informed her.

"Yes, I am awear. And I understand comlpeatly. You cannot let any information about your opperation leak out into enemy hands," Becara told them

"Yes. What we would like to know is what you are doing here, and why," Hammond continued. Jack folded his arms and Daniel slid his hands into his pockets as they awaited a long explaination.

"If I tell you, will you let me return home?" Becara questioned.

"I can't guarentee you that," Hammond replied honestly.

"I know. I was just curious," Becara sighed and exchanged glances with Daniel. He had this feeling that she was not supposed to be devolging this information, but he knew that it would come accross to her that she had no choice. And in a way, this was true. "I come from a planet named Heom. I have no family, and no home," she began. She hesitated, knowing that these people would not like to hear what she was about to tell them. By Daniels ealier statement, she was rather certain that it would worsen her case.

"Then why do you want to go back there?" Jack asked confused.

"You were correct Daniel Jackson,"she said slowly, "I am a spy. But not by my own choice," she was quick to point out. Hammond and Jack both looked at Daniel briefly and then back at Becara.

"Who do you work for?" Hammond pressed.

"Becara hesitated, not wanting to tell them. "An advanced race," she simply said. She looked up at them and hoped that they did not press for anymore information. To stop the idea from entering their minds she quickly continued; "they used stealth technology to send myself through the, Stargate, to assern the potential of other planets."

"So, you' re kind of like, Urgo?"Daniel asked. Jack groaned at the mention of the name and Becara looked over at Daniel confused. "Urgo was an error in a program that was implanted into our brains a few years ago. It was used to explore and gather information about other worlds without the creator actually going there himself. This error resulted in a life, an artifical intelligence being born, and he began to interact with us," Daniel explained.

"I wouldn' t call it, intelligence," Jack commented as her remembered how annoying Urgo was.

"The point being, Urgo was used for much the same reason as Becara is now," Daniel informed them. He looked down at the young woman who was obviously feeling a little uncomfortable with this interrigation. He felt bad for her, but there was nothing he could do, or that he was alowed to.

"Then we need to know more about your people and who they are," General Hammond said in responce, "and, what you know about this base."

"I know nothing of importance, that I am awear of. I cannot walk through walls," Becara replied.

"Then how did you get through our Iris?" Hammond asked suspiciously.

"It was not closed when I entered, I was lucky thought, it almost cut me in half," she told them truthfully. Dispite this she knew that they would not belive her. So she made something up to help, "I will be honest with you. I entered one room that was labled restricted access. However, inside was nothing but odd looking machinery, and personally it did not interest me. So I left." She hoped that they did not decide to get her to show wich room it was that she spoke of.

"That sounds like the MALP room," Daniel said. The confused expression on Becaras face forced him to explain, "MALP. Mobile Analytic Laboritory Probe." She still had no idea of what he ment but she nodded anyway. She looked over at Hammond, who she could tell was still suspicious.

"Tell us more about the people you sent you here," he said, wanting to know whome it was that was sending a defenceless young woman, to a degree of course, to do their dirty work.

"They are not good people. Not my masters," she simply said.

"Masters?" Daniel repeated, not liking the sound of that. Becara paused and considered things. It was not her of which they hate, just the beasts that possed as Gods. She decided that if she were to get anywhere then she would have to tell them. "The Goa'uld," she simply said. The three men stood there surprised. They were expecting a tyrant race akin to that of one of their own, but not the Goa'uld. However, this explained alot.

"The Goa'uld?" Jack repeated, eyebrows rasied, he wanted to be certain that he had heard correctly. Becara watched him hesitantly and then she nodded slowly.

"You said that you didn't work for the Goa'uld," Daniel told her confused.

"No. I said the Goa'uld are swine. However, I never said that I was not sent by them," Becara told him. She sighed and shifted uncomfortably in her seat, "I do wish it were not the case."

General Hammond looked over at Colonel O'niell and Dr Jackson. This was a turn of events indeed. Becara could tell what he was thinking. "Do not be alarmed. This was only a random dialing. The System Lord of wich I am forced to serve has no idea that you are of the Tau'ri," she looked at them intently, "and I do not intend to tell him either."

"That's very noble of you Becara, however, we have dealt with the Goa'uld on many occasions. They use deception and trickery to get their way. How can we be certain that this is not happening right now?" Hammond questioned

Becara didn't know what to say. It was a fair observation and he was absolutly right. "You cannot," she simply told them, "but on my word alone I swear that I am telling you the truth." She paused and sat there quietly, "it does not matter though. If I do not return within a limited amout of time I will be dead anyways."

"Why?" Daniel finally asked, the tone in the room now shifting from one of pressure to one of some concern.

"Has this System Lord got you on some kind of a leash?" Jack added, arms now unfolding. Becara wan't quite sure of what he meant by that but she guessed that he was using a metaphor of some sort.

"His name is Lord Rahotep, and I am the only person that he has found that is able wear this device that he stole and not have severe side effects," she informed them as she looked down at the markings on the back of her right wrist. She was glad to see the light hadn't changed.

"I'd say dying is a pretty severe side effect," Jack told her.

"No. That is not caused by the device. Lord Rahotep gave me an illness that is deadly without taking a medication that only he can provide. He did so because I tried to escape him once on one of the other worlds. He sent his Jaffa after me." Becara paused in a thought that clearly disturbed her, "For my punishment," she began slowly, "he killed all these innocent people in a nearby village," she paused in guilt at the horrible memories, "If I do not leave and recieve treatment soon, it will kill me," Becara told them morbidly.

"Rahotep was an Ejyptian King," Daniel pointed out automaticly. Then he clicked to what she had just said, "how, how long can you go without this treatment?"

Becara shrugged, "I do not know. A few days at the most. I have already been on this planet for thirty-six of your hours. "She looked up at them concerned. Now Daniel understood why she was so eager to go, she did not have much time. However, Jack and General Hammond were thinking along a different line.

"How do we know that you're not just making this all up so we'll let you go?" Jack asked her plainly.

Becara looked at him for a brief moment and then frowned, "will you believe me when I fall ill?"

General Hammond knew that they needed to discuss things now in private. He turned to Colonel O'niell and Dr Jackson, "I think we'd better go now," he simply said as he gestured for Daniel to open the door. He looked at the General oddly, but there came no explanation. Hesitantly Daniel complied with the order and they left their arrival alone.

Becara sat there, still in the same position that she had been before they had arrived. She glanced down at her wrist and her stomach sank as she saw that the small light was not as bright as it was before. She looked back up at the now closed door and felt saltwater begin to press against her eyes, however, she was able to hold it back. It would not be long now before they knew how bad this could really get.

...to be continued...

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Bexy