Phantoms of the Past von Gregora

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Bemerkung:

I'd like to thank Dan for beta reading this. I'd also like to thank anyone who's reading this. please review.
Phantoms of the Past

Chapter One

Unleashing of a Phoenix

"Are we done yet? My feet are killing me," a whining voice complained in an exaggerated, yet very annoying, tone.

"If you don't stop complaining, your feet wouldn't be the only things killing you," Sheppard said darkly to the figure behind him.

"You wouldn't hurt me," Dr. Rodney McKay, the brains of Atlantis, said, grinning.

"I wouldn't count on it, if I were you," Ronon darkly warned.

The threat of being double teamed by two men was enough to scare him into submission. He silently followed behind the two men when they came to a door.

"Because of a certain someone's whining, this will be the last stop before going back," Sheppard said as he moved to the right side of the door, gun drawn.

Ronon mirrored him on the left and the others took cover as Sheppard activated the control to open the door. Sheppard nodded to Ronon as they barged into the room, seeing that it was empty and dark. Teyla and Rodney walked in behind them.

"Another lab. Just like the last one," Rodney said, looking around.

"It's different. When I entered, I sensed a presence," Teyla said, "something is in here and knows that we're in this room."

"You're saying there's a Wraith in here?" Rodney asked, suddenly scared.

"It's similar to a Wraith, but different. I don't sense a hunger, but an enveloping...sadness and anger," Teyla said, walking in cautious, "and it isn't fully awake, yet it is aware of our presence."

Rodney then noticed a computer in the center of the lab and he started to access it as the rest ventured into the lab.

"What else can you tell?" Sheppard asked.

"It wants out. Badly," Teyla said, before she started to clutch at her head and started to lose her balance.

Sheppard and Ronon ran to grab her and prevented her from falling.

"Are you okay?" Sheppard asked.

"She let me into her mind. Her mind is very...massive...she is undoubtedly old. She's also an enemy of the Wraith. I saw some of her memories," Teyla said.

"Then let's get her out," Ronon said.

"Are you nuts? You saw what she did to Teyla and she isn't fully in power yet. Imagine what she could do to a normal person," Sheppard said.

"I will not harm you," a strange voice said, it sounded different, yet familiar. They looked down at Teyla and saw that she looked into the distance.

"I am only channeling myself into the person you know as Teyla. She managed to connect with me and she offered to allow me to speak through her," Teyla said.

"Get out of her mind!" Sheppard shouted.

Teyla jerked a little and looked more aware.

"I know what happened, Colonel Sheppard. I did grant her the ability to speak through me, only to defend herself," Teyla said, standing up.

"Are you sure you're in complete control?" Ronon asked, "for all we know, she could just be speaking to us still."

"Guys!" Rodney shouted from the computer, "you guys should hear this!"

The three ran to where Rodney is and looked at him.

"What did you find, Rodney?" Sheppard asked.

"There's a woman imprisoned here. She and her people were the result from an experiment. They were created from altered genes of Ancients, Wraith, and various other genes, giving her and her people abilities that no other race has, among some abilities of both Ancients and Wraith," Rodney said, glowing from his discovery.

"What kind of abilities?" Ronon asked.

"They possess the protein that makes them invulnerable to the Wraith, they possess the strength, agility and healing ability of the Wraith, and the appearance and the ATA gene of the Ancients."

"So they don't feed like the Wraith?" Sheppard asked.

"Their healing ability makes their metabolism work at an increased pace, meaning, if you think I eat a lot, they'd be much worse," Rodney said.

"Why was she imprisoned?" Ronon asked.

"They. All her people were imprisoned. They had a small war with the Ancients within the very walls of Atlantis. To make sure they imprisoned the rebels, they imprisoned everyone."

"So, for all we know, she could be innocent," Sheppard said.

"Pretty much yes. Also, the great thing is that her healing ability has stopped all aging, so she won't really die, her metabolism is at a slowed pace and all the healing ability is doing is keeping the important parts going. I don't know what would happen to her if we thaw her."

"Sounds like we need an expert opinion," Sheppard said, looking at everyone. ____________________________________________________________

"She should be okay, other than being hungry enough to gnaw anything in her path," Beckett said, coming to a conclusion, "she poses no risk, other than rebelling against us, which is, as Sheppard seems to think, is slight."

"But she took control of Teyla," Elizabeth stated, looking at Teyla.

"She did not take complete control. She allowed me to cut the connection if I felt that she overstepped my boundaries. She left my mind after being shouted at by Colonel Sheppard," Teyla said.

"So you know her better than we do," Weir said, "but we can't be too sure if you're acting of your own accord or if you're being manipulated."

"But she could be an ally," Rodney stated, "Imagine if we had her people attack the Wraith. They could probably beat the crap out of the Wraith."

Elizabeth looked at the group and let out a sigh.

"I doubt you guys wouldn't leave me alone until I gave in. You have my permission to release her from her prison," Weir said, raising her eyebrows, "but I'd like to be here when you do." _______________________________________________________

The Ancient Stasis Pod opened, revealing a being wearing strange armor which was black with a helmet. Nothing showed that she was even human. Her gloves had the same substance that the armor was made of.

"abissos Quisna es vas? Quan sum Ego?" came from the armored person, sounding like a woman.

"It's Ancient, right?" Sheppard asked.

"Sounds like it if she could slow down," McKay muttered.

"She's asking who we are and where she is," Weir said before turning to the armored being, "Vas es ien lab quan vas es ligation. Nos es proles of vestri sator."

The being calmed down. And looked around at everyone.

"Ego contamno Alterrans," she spat.

"I know enough Latin to know that whoever these `Alterrans' are, they're aren't on her good side," Sheppard said.

"quisnam es alterrans?" Weir asked.

"Sator. Ego Sator. astrum porta Sator. Atlantis Sator," the woman said before looking at Weir, "Vas es rectur Atlantis, etiam?"

Weir nodded, knowing that the response didn't require any extra words. The being leaped off the table, landing in front of Weir. Sheppard, who had his gun drawn, fired at the woman. A purple glow came from an area of the helmet where the eyes were and the bullet dropped to the ground.

"Gratias ago vos pro excercise!" the woman laughed.

"Why do I get the feeling that it didn't phase her?" Sheppard asked sarcastically.

The woman then removed the full helmet, revealing an almost perfectly human face, complete with black hair, which could reflect certain colors depending on the light. Right now, in some places, her hair was reflecting orange. The only thing that set her apart were the piercing purple eyes. She then proceeded to kneel and bow before Weir.

"Meus nomen est Phoenix. EGO spondeo meus famulatus vobis quod vas tantum," the woman said.

Sheppard only raised an eyebrow at Weir.

"McKay, since you know Ancient, it might be best if you teach her English," Weir said.

"Do you even know how long it would take for her to learn our language, Elizabeth?" McKay asked.

"Elizabeth, rectur Atlantis," the woman said, standing up.

"Not as long as you think, Rodney," Weir said.

"Rodney, quisnam vultus amo scientist," the woman said, looking at McKay.

"Yes, yes. Very good," Rodney said sarcastically, nodding.